Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,420 members, 7,846,757 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable (13720 Views)

Importers Of Off-spec Petrol Must Be Held Accountable - Buhari / Soludo: Leaders Should Excel In Private Endeavours Before Venturing In Politics / Cancelled Polling Units Across Kano Where Re Run Will Be Held (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by c900: 2:18pm On Mar 17, 2022
One of the reasons I left Nigeria. No light. You spend millions to open a business, no light. You buy generator before 1to 2yrs the generator engine knocks, you spend to repair the generator. After some time you are told to buy a new one. You start looking for money to buy another generator. Those who have produced using electricity sell at lower price. You can't sell at that price because you used diesel to produce. I know of a friend who have moved his business 3 times in search of light.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by gaby(m): 2:22pm On Mar 17, 2022
gotnel:
Modern day slavery from the colonial masters is responsible for our poverty.
Nigerians leaders are really not in control of the country economic resources.
Until we realise that our independence is not inclusive of economic issues, we will definitely be in economic slavery.
Tony Elumelu and others like him should start working on how to confront the colonial economic empires by coming into politics.

They would be rendered as poor as everyone else and no human wishes to go back to his suffering days.

That's when you'd see reports with evidences on how Tony Elumelu has been stealing and stashing funds away offshore.

So long as they mind their businesses and allow the status quo, it's all fair game...

I hope you understand my pun...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by gaby(m): 2:23pm On Mar 17, 2022
Aystarz:

E get one Zombie for my yard here. During the lockdown,he got a task force job through the APC and the idiot has never missed an opportunity to defend that evil party, even now that he's lost the yege job.
One day him teeth go compel my fist to knock it out completely. Na small time remain .

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 17, 2022
treesun:

https://punchng.com/businesses-are-suffering-leaders-should-be-held-accountable-elumelu/

E don dey bite them too. I know once it touches diesel and Jet A1, they will talk. Now we are getting somewhere. cheesy grin
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Wokenaija: 2:44pm On Mar 17, 2022
Some useless people wey still dey use I pass my neighbors go dey campaign for another walking corpse to come and rule because he brought in the current corpse. Make thunder fire you wey dey campaign for Tinubu!

1 Like

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Iceberg3: 2:57pm On Mar 17, 2022
What a country
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Chicastle: 3:24pm On Mar 17, 2022
tollyboy5:
This foolish leaders and their glutton followers are very stupid.
I won't mind to hit anyone of them hard if i got the chance.
Everything in this country is about how to steal.
As a technologist i can't do without light. Its so frustrating.
Its high time we start building local drones that will drop bomb in our politicians houses.

Its high time we rebel for a greater future!

Like I told them that, ELECTRICITY IS THE ENGINE DRIVE OF INDUSTRIALIZATION

You can’t escape this light issue never economy must scrambled, unemployment would increase without power supply … no Nigeria politician can deceive me with his campaign grammar if he can’t fix electricity
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Osilama1: 3:24pm On Mar 17, 2022
tollyboy5:

He's part of the problem by creating empowerment program that has help alot of start up in africa bah?
and the govt u want to harangued hasn't create empowerment program??
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Osilama1: 3:25pm On Mar 17, 2022
[quote author=Iceberg3 post=111118959][/quote] u are a compound idiot so continue
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by TheNiceGuy(m): 3:33pm On Mar 17, 2022
Your cancellation or kidnapping business?

Or u still dey hawk sachet water and gala undecided
AsampeteNwaanyi:
sha make I win your 5k grant cry

I really need some money to re-enforce my business cry

1 Like

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by tollyboy5(m): 3:54pm On Mar 17, 2022
Osilama1:
and the govt u want to harangued hasn't create empowerment program??
What rubbish comment is this. A business vs government are you alright?

How is a business man responsible for the corruption in this country.
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by writeprof(m): 3:56pm On Mar 17, 2022
What role did the organised private sector especially the banking- financial sector which he belongs to have played in the fiasco the country is going through?

What roles are they playing to redeem the situation? He should tell us what he wants to do and not what we should do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by bunnae(f): 4:17pm On Mar 17, 2022
MannaDBastard:
That bastard and his alternate moniker Nlpolicewoman won't see this thread and comment.

He won't come here to tell us about how his darling daddy is washing Nigeria and making it better.
I knew he was the one behind that account.
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by carzeem1: 5:05pm On Mar 17, 2022
tollyboy5:
This foolish leaders and their glutton followers are very stupid.
I won't mind to hit anyone of them hard if i got the chance.
Everything in this country is about how to steal.
As a technologist i can't do without light. Its so frustrating.
Its high time we start building local drones that will drop bomb in our politicians houses.

Its high time we rebel for a greater future!
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Osilama1: 5:29pm On Mar 17, 2022
tollyboy5:

What rubbish comment is this. A business vs government are you alright?

How is a business man responsible for the corruption in this country.
you don't understand anything so just comot for road
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Timmi: 6:58pm On Mar 17, 2022
treesun:

https://punchng.com/businesses-are-suffering-leaders-should-be-held-accountable-elumelu/

First thing you should do Mr. Elumelu before you talk and point accusing fingers is to start at your household, ask your brother - Ndudi to return the money he stole from the rural electrification project, which ran into billions of Naira. You hypocrites
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Kaymaxine(m): 7:17pm On Mar 17, 2022
And some people are already shouting tinubu...I weep for una

1 Like

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Udoboss(m): 7:19pm On Mar 17, 2022
writeprof:
What role did the organised private sector especially the banking- financial sector which he belongs to have played in the fiasco the country is going through?

What roles are they playing to redeem the situation? He should tell us what he wants to do and not what we should do.

You must be high....So its the role of Business men to develop his nation??...after all he is paying taxes...

Go check his foundation....
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 17, 2022
I repeat Nigeria will never rise not in the face of Britain

1 Like

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by mfm04622: 7:49pm On Mar 17, 2022
Missionaire:

How is he "one of the leaders"?
What public office is he occupying?

He owns three power plants! THREE!
Yet he is complaining of poor power supply!
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by poiZon: 8:01pm On Mar 17, 2022
treesun:

Diezani signed crude oil pipelines protection to militants, the yorubas used that as an anti-campaign tool against Gej's govt.
Immediately buhari came in, ameachi told him to terminate the contract ASAP without really balancing its effectives and positivity on the economy and the earnings on the IOC.
Today those same militants are conniving with those who they said where the national and authentic security outfits that can constitutionally protect and defend the pipelines.

Imagine we now doing paltry 1.2m barrels daily so so below the budget benchmark.
And buhari came in to fight corruption and put Nigeria on right pedestal.

Don't even know what the next govt will govern with the way things are.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by poiZon: 8:08pm On Mar 17, 2022
gaby:
Even the richest of the richests in the contraption doesn't understand that this isn't a country....

I laugh at some of us calling for devolution of power and how clueless our leaders are to make Nigeria work.

The honest truth is this, and until we all understand this fact, we'd keep running in circles while forgetting to plot ways to truly liberate ourselves from these shackles and contraptions.

Listen...

Nigeria isn't a country or nation but a business, company, or farm set up, controlled by the British with a laid down template which we adopted and call a constitution.

Sadly enough, even the Politicians or so-called leaders aside from being clueless about this arrangement or obvious facts are also victims of this same evil set-up knowingly and unknowingly.

Anyone who rises up in an attempt to tilt or stem the tide of this evil British business won't even make it to the corridors of power and if per-adventure he/she finds a way up there to begin the work of undoing their corporate set-up, that individual will be taken care of or put to eternal sleep.

Nigeria isn't independent by any stretch and had never been arranged to work for her inhabitants.

We need to get on as a people, get back to the drawing board, find out where we missed it, realise our common enemies aren't "Afonja, Ipob, Arewa" or whatever and be honest in our push to reclaim our land and plot a way for us devoid of any external control in whatever shape or form.

Putin is fighting for the future of his country and her sovereignty and we are all witnesses to how this is going with him being demonised and isolated. But the truth is, even if the present Russian citizens a low themselves to get so brainwashed by propaganda so as not to see what Putin is fighting for/against, in years to come, the future generation of Russians would wish Putin was still alive and will forever immortalise him for being a true Nationalist and a leader.

As a tip....

When they get quiet to your sufferings, lamentations, killings and all, just know that it favours them. However, when you see them sanctioning, screaming and crying blue murder, just know that you are doing the right thing for your people and it's hurting them...e.g Gadaffi etc.

We are just starting in our suffering and dependence. Let's all wait until our current benefactors (China) get well-grounded enough on our land, begin to demand repayment of our loans, and they decide to just unleash 10% of their population on us. Na that time we go understand the difference between Khaki and Leather...

I rest my fingers...

Nigeria will only get worse...

There is a deliberate reason why every successive government in Nigeria turns up worse than the previous government.

We all go dey alright laslas

I saw a picture on here yesterday of the lifeless one, Mai Buni with his rabbit ears, and the cursed Minister of Education all grinning from ear to ear.

They are all on a visit to the company's headquarters to give an annual report and to take instructions on who to make the next CEO (President) in furtherance of the company's continuous profitability for her real owners while the staffs (citizens) languish in pains.

So sad...

Modified:

For those quoting me and spewing Bullocks about blaming ghosts or others for 'your' misfortune, my advice for you is to keep on blaming yourselves for what you know nothing about and that is exactly what they have programmed you Dundees to think and feel like, and then go about feeling woke.

How do you conveniently sit, feel okay, and decide to take blame for a situation you know nothing about nor have control over. Na which kind sickness dey una head?

Una sickness suppose get English name. I go look for the English name.

Make una continue to dey blame una selves as e be say na una set up the company as e be when it would have been easier to correct the mistake and save yourselves any blames if it was indeed self-induced.

Ignorance is indeed bliss.
U didn't expantiate on the devolution of powers to state...
What were u really trying to say that ur
Brainbox suddenly felt t the excruciating heat storm?
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by gaby(m): 8:14pm On Mar 17, 2022
poiZon:

U didn't expantiate on the devolution of powers to state...
What were u really trying to say that ur
Brainbox suddenly felt t the excruciating heat storm?

You are late to the party, dingbat

Get off my mention...i don't banter words with kids who write the way you do.

Go play with your agemates.
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by treesun: 9:26pm On Mar 17, 2022
poiZon:

Diezani signed crude oil pipelines protection to militants, the yorubas used that as an anti-campaign tool against Gej's govt.
Immediately buhari came in, ameachi told him to terminate the contract ASAP without really balancing its effectives and positivity on the economy and the earnings on the IOC.
Today those same militants are conniving with those who they said where the national and authentic security outfits that can constitutionally protect and defend the pipelines.

Imagine we now doing paltry 1.2m barrels daily so so below the budget benchmark.
And buhari came in to fight corruption and put Nigeria on right pedestal.

Don't even know what the next govt will govern with the way things are.
Buhari has no corruption to fight, but Mutairu Cadoso will not agree!

1 Like

Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by poiZon: 10:59pm On Mar 17, 2022
gaby:

You are late to the party, dingbat

Get off my mention...i don't banter words with kids who write the way you do.

Go play with your agemates.
Grand pa wey mumu...

Ur agemates couldn't even develop an app that checks how foolish one can be.

What can u really boast of what ur generation achieved?

Get lost fool..
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by helinues: 3:27am On Mar 18, 2022
AsampeteNwaanyi:
sha make I win your 5k grant cry

I really need some money to re-enforce my business cry

5k to boost cancellation business abi see below business?

Be straightforward....
Re: Elumelu: Businesses Are Suffering, Leaders Should Be Held Accountable by Greyworld: 5:40am On Mar 18, 2022
gaby:

In clearer terms, I would prefer Abacha's kinda looting and thieving to today's hydra-headed bandits.

During Abacha's days, the looters were of a manageable size and restricted to perhaps members of the Armed Forces Ruling Council (AFRC).

Can you count the number of looters in today's demonstration of craze from the Executhief, Legislathief, Jaundiciary, down to the MDAs with no clear defined functions or impacts on the citizenries?

If you know Abuja very well, you can count on just the fingers of your one palm the additions in terms of infrastructure since Abacha's demise and the 20+ years of demonstration of craze.

Over 60% of roads and government buildings to date are Abachas legacy projects.

In clear terms and today's realities, I'd rather an Abacha's kinda looting. That's How bad it has become.

Thank you.
Certainly its has been a trend in Nigeria that every past government seems better than the succeeding government.

Its a trickle down effect, it began with the military and the civilians have mastered the ACT. With every passing day looting is perfected just like skills, every one in government practice and rehearse well.

I need not remind you that with modern technology it has become easier to loot hence it seems more rampant. During Abacha you need to move cash but today just a call, a click and a nod billions have moved.

I still don't see how Abacha was Anti-West or Pan African.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Martins Okechukwu "J Martins" Withdraws from House Of Reps Race / Tinubu: Should Nigerians Really Shut Up? By Promise Adiele / Soludo Conniving With The Police To Subvert Justice- APGA National Working Cmte

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.