Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! (19593 Views)

Is Senator Bala Ibn'Nallah's Dress Code To An Event Right? (pics) / Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation / Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 16, 2007
Nice enlightenment dimka but u seem 2 have deviated from d main topic
what exactly is your point?.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by bodsibobo(m): 1:20pm On Aug 17, 2007
all these effort at narration by this dimka guy sef? I tire o!

I also ask :

what exactly is your point?
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by maq1976: 10:46pm On Aug 17, 2007
PTH, will u allow ur sister to go naked in the street? if NO then we need our ladis should know how to dress corparate not naked even in the office. but since u are over there, it has become part of culture for women over there to dress naked. pls let naija be, smiley wink
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by MP007(m): 7:10am On Aug 18, 2007
The governor of Benue is a fool, and whoever supports government regulation is also an idiot ,  dam right i said it,,, an idiot,  WDF?

i know some stupid sharia freaks will jump on this issue, yall idiots 2,
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Albato(m): 9:18am On Aug 18, 2007
What is wrong with women wearing trousers? I think the issue we should be concerned with is indecent exposure (dont want any women showing my kids their backside). This is a barbaric act. At this time of our evolution, we should have come to grips with the fundamentals of freedom of choice and right to life in all its ramifications. In the alternative, how do they want women to dress? Completely concealed behind flowing robes? Damn angry
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by DRANOEL(m): 7:10pm On Aug 19, 2007
@dimka
and your point is?
why do you keep posting off point?
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Dijoka(m): 6:05pm On Aug 21, 2007
Thats bullshit i dont support that i heard Fashola wan join them self. Girls are sexier in skirts warn them oooooooo
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by vivi(f): 7:41pm On Aug 23, 2007
hmm----Benue Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers??
well consider me Banned from going to Benue state wink cool
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by DRANOEL(m): 8:02pm On Aug 23, 2007
@vivi
if you are sexy buzz me and i will make arrangements!
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by lovemajek(f): 9:07pm On Aug 23, 2007
Sexy pple dont hide their face.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by wendymanda: 3:20am On Aug 24, 2007
hmm----Benue Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers??
well consider me Banned from going to Benue state

True
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Emmyce: 9:32am On Aug 24, 2007
i would really love to know where the person who posted the ad on benue state got it from. i live in makurdi, the state capital of benue state and nothing of that nature ever took place in that state. as a matter of fact, 90 percent of the people that live in benue are christains and that sort of thing talked about in yhe ad is not possible.

People should learn to get their facts right before posting certain topics.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by fakis: 12:50pm On Aug 24, 2007
most of us are ignorant of the country we live in, there is no sharia in benue,the state is 100% christians, muslim are only visitors, we should not be so stupid to comment and conclude on issues we may not know, there is no way sharia will enter benue state. those talking of sharia should please desist immediatley because some of us from benue may not take it likely, better ask question if you did not know anything.
Does civilization ask us to go half naked? benue state culture doesnot allow that, if i may enlighten some of u,some of us travel, this are party or evening or film wears our ladies now wear to corporate offices. each occassion has a dressing code. we should not be stupid.we are not against corpoarte trousers in benue take note
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by lovemajek(f): 12:12am On Aug 25, 2007
Who is ingnorant?
because no state is 100% christians or muslims.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Reverend(m): 8:07am On Aug 25, 2007
In reality the unatural state is with clothing!

Clothed or unclothed, what is the problem?

1 Like

Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by DRANOEL(m): 5:37pm On Aug 25, 2007
lovemajek:

Who is ingnorant?
because no state is 100% christians or muslims.

since you are not ignorant you should know that lagos has a higher muslim population than benue (even if the basis of assesment is individual population) yet the ban was declared in both states and people like you related the one in benue with sharia.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by mellow(m): 12:06pm On Aug 27, 2007
I don't really care what Girls wear. If they like they should tell them

and make wearing gown compulsary.
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 17, 2007
Its amazing that a state that has such potentials is more concerned with the wearing of trousers and jeans instead of considering developments that will be beneficial to her people.
How does jeans/trousers make a girl indecent or immoral? Does this outfit not cover a lady more than the average skirt and dress that exposes some part of her legs? Afterall you can be indecent and all covered up. For a lady how you carry your self is the most important factor.We have female ministers/Deputy governors wearing jeans to go for site visits,does this make them indecent?
We are a developing nation and the earlier we leave issues like this out and concentrate on more useful projects the better for us
The great leaders of Benue should stop wasting funds on this and concentrate on giving us good roads and proper electricity so as to attract investors and improve a state that has been left far behind by its counterparts.

1 Like

Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by tonia2000(f): 12:53pm On Sep 18, 2007
@poster
Meaning What,wonders shall never end, Brainwashed people really they are
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by focused(m): 8:02pm On Jan 09, 2008
@Poster :

All these people governing Nigeria never cease to amaze me grin grin grin grin grin grin

Why are they banning women who wear trouser, instead of tackling the problem in the state, such as poverty ??

There is so much corruption In Nigeria (both state and federal level); poverty, diseases, unemployment, security problem due to high rate of umemployment, very poor and appalling condition of living, widening gap between the rich and poor. Despite the natural resources, that we have. Instead of these so called ruling class to look into all these, the only thing they look into is women who are wearing trousers. Instead of thinking of how to eradicate poverty in Nigeria, all they think of is to come up with Sharia law

In the Northern part of Nigeria, the poverty there is even far worse than the one in the south. The fact that there is Sharia law in place in Northern part of the country will never stop corruption from taken place, neither will it make it a better place. In my own opinion, I think the corruption in the Northern sharia part of the country is even worst.

Why on earth , will the FG allow the states in the Northern part of the country to adopt Sharia law ? If this Yar'Adua believe in equality and the rule of law, as he use to say, he better get up and eradicate this Sharia law because Nigeria is not an Islamic country and will NEVER be an Islamic country.

God have mercy !!!, It seems all these Islamic Northern Governors are all sick

1 Like

Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by oladiboy: 5:47pm On Feb 24, 2010
Mr. Governor well done. It's good to encourage our youth of today so as to improve our local mode of dressing.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by edoyad(m): 5:53pm On Feb 24, 2010
@focused, you're ignorant dck head who needs education. Do you know where benue is at all and what the religious composition of the state is like ? Do you even know the name of the governor ? Blind Ignoramus
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by inosend: 10:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
denex: Wow! I thought Benue was a CHRISTIAN State? Is that not where my friends kate ijigba, comfort onoja, innocent idibia and even the new Senate President David Mark are from?

How Islam and Arab take enter this thread?
Now I understand that some of my Christian brethren don't have the time to study their Bible. Was it not God who CLOTHED Adam and Eve after their fall? Didn't God say for US to WORK our salvation with fear? Getting Born-again (becoming a CHRISTIAN) puts YOU in a position of SERVICE. Faith without WORK is DEAD.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by cbravo2: 1:08pm On Sep 02, 2016
In our modern day legal and justice system, every piece of evidence, be it real or oral is of great use to the pursuit and furtherance of justice. This long essay therefore seeks to throw light on that aspect of the law of evidence with pertains to the evidence of a child in Nigerian courts. This long essay sets out to appraise the general workings of the process (es) involved in receiving the evidence of a child in our Nigerian courts. This essay shall also critically examine and analyze the procedure and conditions under which the evidence of a child shall be deemed admissible by the court. Chapter one of this essay mainly paves way and gives a background understanding of the concept of this study it is the very foundation upon which the body of this research shall test. Chapter two of this essay shall begin the work proper as it is aimed at providing an insight into the actual content and substance of the topic in issue. It will encompass concepts such as legal capacity of a child, the measure and weight of admissibility given by a child, to mention but a few. Chapter three shall go further to give reasons and meanings, also to disclose certain necessary ingredients relevant in the process of adducing evidence of a child. It shall touch on corroboration, the evidence of a child as corroboration for another and enquire into the need for corroborating a child’s evidence. Chapter four shall be the sealing chapter of the work, and it shall stress on competency of a child’s evidence in sexual offences as well as the criticism that follow and the admissibility of the evidence of a child in our courts. Chapter five shall serve the duty of summarizing the research findings, giving an acceptable conclusion and proposing suggestible recommendations as to the quantum and measure of the effect of the existing practice, and if any, state possible measures for improvement.

Background of the Study

In our contemporary judicial system, admissibility is based on relevance and evidence is admissible to prove the existence or non-existence of every fact in issue and any other fact declared to be relevant by the provisions of the Evidence Act.

We cannot talk about admissibility of the evidence of a child without throwing light on a number of concepts. As we know, law is an all encompassing field, and one structure, terminology or concept may rely on another for an effective and smooth working of the system. i.e. just like a car with its engine and other mechanical parts, or like the human body with systems and organs. In order to efficiently appraise this topic, this essay shall lay some emphasis on competence, compellability, corroboration (mainly) to mention but a few.

http://www.bravoprojecthelp.com/law/artificial-insemination-in-shariah-and-the-position-of-a-child-born-under-it-in-focus/

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: APC Makes U-turn, Appeals For Patience / Boko Haram Invades Gwoza In Borno State / Peter Obi: Between Mark Leon Goldberg And Rinu Oduala And Adamu Garba On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.