Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! (19597 Views)

Is Senator Bala Ibn'Nallah's Dress Code To An Event Right? (pics) / Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation / Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 10, 2007
oyb:

instead of waiting for God to help your fellow christians out of the savagery from the 'civilisation bondage'in the north, tell them to leave.I'm sure the rest of nigeria is safe for them.May God also protect them from armed robbers, militants,
etal in the civilised south

Really?

why did your brothers in allah fight tooth and nail to keep Nigeria together?
They are not going anywhere,don't celebrate.
they want one Nigeria,we shall have one Nigeria so no one is leaving to anywhere forcefully.
They are now better prepared.

Even you, a Yoruba Muslim will not be spared when the sons of Othman dan fodio say "on your marks set go"!!!
so when the bodies are coming down south,some go west and others head East.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by lovemajek(f): 11:22pm On Aug 10, 2007
Pls,no one can break NIgeria because na GOD owns country like USA.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by answera(m): 2:45pm On Aug 12, 2007
For me and my family, i dont see anything wrong in women wearing jean trousers. what im against is immoral dressing like the one that expose their bodies. I rest my case
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by answera(m): 2:49pm On Aug 12, 2007
For me and my family, i dont see anything wrong in women wearing jean trousers. what im against is immoral dressing like the one that expose their bodies. I rest my case
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by NALFA: 4:24pm On Aug 12, 2007
[b]NOW I KNOW DA REASON WHY SOME PEOPLE FAIL TESTS AND INTERVIEWS. A SIMPLE TOPIC WAS POSTED ABOUT HOW A SOCIETY DECIDED TO HANDLE A MATTER RELATING TO MORALS,AND SOME SELF-ACCLAIMED "LITERATES" DIGRESS FROM THE  CENTRALITY OF THE TOPIC. WHAT BROUGHT ISLAM IN TO THIS?  THEY DID NOT ONLY STOP AT MAKING INFLAMMATORY REMARKS ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S CHOSEN FAITH, THEY WENT ON EXHIBITING THE ABYSMAL BLOCK-HEADEDNESS IN THEM BY BRINGING IN THE WHOLE OF NORTHERN NIGERIA INTO THIS(MENTIONING POVERTY,ILLITERACY,AND DISEASE AS ITS CHARACTERISTICS). FOR THEIR IMPERMEABLE BRAINS(I HOPE IT GETS A WAY INTO THEIR BRAINS),BENUE IS A MIDDLEBELT STATE WHOSE POPULACE ARE MAJORITY NON-MUSLIMS. DOES THE WORD"GEOGRAPHY" INTEREST YOU? I DON'T THINK U 'VE EVER DINED WITH IT! MY POINT IS THAT, AS LITERATES AS U CLAIM, WHEN YOU WANT TO MAKE ANALYSIS OR GIVE COMMENT ON A TOPIC, U TRY AND MAKE USE OF UR JUICE-DRIED COCONUT HEADS OR BORROW HEADS FROM THOSE WHOSE HEADS HOLD WHOLESOME JUICES N FRUITS. ON LITERACY, U GUYS MISTAKE WESTERN EDUCATION AS THE CHIEF OF LITERACY. HOW ABOUT EASTERN,SOUTHERN,AND NORTHERN EDUCATION. COULD U GUYS (GRAFIKDON,PTH,REVEREND,SLEEKMIKE AND OTHERS FOOLS) READ THIS AND TELL ME WHAT IT MEANS : يَسْأَلُونَكَ عَنِ الْأَهِلَّةِ قُلْ هِيَ مَوَاقِيتُ لِلنَّاسِ وَالْحَجِّ وَلَيْسَ الْبِرُّ بِأَنْ تَأْتُوا الْبُيُوتَ مِنْ ظُهُورِهَا وَلَكِنَّ الْبِرَّ مَنِ اتَّقَى وَأْتُوا الْبُيُوتَ مِنْ أَبْوَابِهَا وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ . NOW U KNOW IF UR LITERACY TRAVERSES ALL AREAS. [/b]
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by PTH(m): 4:30pm On Aug 12, 2007
NALFA:

READ THIS AND TELL ME WHAT IT MEANS : يَسْأَلُونَكَ عَنِ الْأَهِلَّةِ قُلْ هِيَ مَوَاقِيتُ لِلنَّاسِ وَالْحَجِّ وَلَيْسَ الْبِرُّ بِأَنْ تَأْتُوا الْبُيُوتَ مِنْ ظُهُورِهَا وَلَكِنَّ الْبِرَّ مَنِ اتَّقَى وَأْتُوا الْبُيُوتَ مِنْ أَبْوَابِهَا وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ . NOW You KNOW IF UR LITERACY TRAVERSES ALL AREAS.

no wonder the north is so poor, backward and educationally disadvantaged (JAMB), this is all they read.  shocked
And they even dared to call themselves literate! grin
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by lovemajek(f): 5:22pm On Aug 12, 2007
@ NALFA
pls, clarify those scraching in your posting.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by NALFA: 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2007
ACCORDING TO YOUR POST, ISLAM'S DAYS ARE NUMBERED. INDEED, THEY ARE NUMBERED AND YOUR  EMPTY SKULL DOESN'T KNOW IT IS THE FASTEST GROWING RELIGION ON EARTH-EVEN IN YOUR WESTERN LOVED NATIONS. NO WONDER YOUR PASTORS AND REVERENDS WHO HAVE SWORN TO CELIBACY ARE RAPING UP INNOCENT WOMEN UNDER THE GUISE OF HOLY,HOLY,,  .  LET ME GET ANGRY A BIT! DOES IT MAKE SENSE TO ANYBODY THE FACT THAT A GROUP WORSHIPS BY FIRE?
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by wendymanda: 6:07pm On Aug 12, 2007
ACCORDING TO YOUR POST, ISLAM'S DAYS ARE NUMBERED. INDEED, THEY ARE NUMBERED AND YOUR EMPTY SKULL DOESN'T KNOW IT IS THE FASTEST GROWING RELIGION ON EARTH-EVEN IN YOUR WESTERN LOVED NATIONS. NO WONDER YOUR PASTORS AND REVERENDS WHO HAVE SWORN TO CELIBACY ARE RAPING UP INNOCENT WOMEN UNDER THE GUISE OF HOLY,HOLY,, . LET ME GET ANGRY A BIT! DOES IT MAKE SENSE TO ANYBODY THE FACT THAT A GROUP WORSHIPS BY FIRE?

I think its hypocrisy for you to disagree with people who brought religion into this thread topic and then you quickly start degrading Christianity.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by PTH(m): 6:08pm On Aug 12, 2007
NALFA:

ACCORDING TO YOUR POST, ISLAM'S DAYS ARE NUMBERED.

no one says so, that is another brilliant propaganda to keep you all perpetually in a state of victimhood.

NALFA:

INDEED, THEY ARE NUMBERED AND YOUR  EMPTY SKULL DOESN'T KNOW IT IS THE FASTEST GROWING RELIGION ON EARTH-EVEN IN YOUR WESTERN LOVED NATIONS.

thanks to the "miracle" of immigration, polygamy and a high rate of procreation coupled with the western concept of birth control.

NALFA:

NO WONDER YOUR PASTORS AND REVERENDS WHO HAVE SWORN TO CELIBACY ARE RAPING UP INNOCENT WOMEN UNDER THE GUISE OF HOLY,HOLY,,  

1. pastors are not sworn to celibacy
2. you have simply regurgitated the tired old propaganda that we have been hearing from just about everyone for the last few yrs. are your imams any better with their marrying of 6 yr olds?

NALFA:

.  LET ME GET ANGRY A BIT! DOES IT MAKE SENSE TO ANYBODY THE FACT THAT A GROUP WORSHIPS BY FIRE?

lol our God is a consuming fire. Does it make sense that the most violent people in the world also claim to be the most peaceful?
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by NALFA: 6:25pm On Aug 12, 2007
Allah will surely visit you with His Wrath,i promise you this. Cause you declared war with Him and Doom is your recompense 4 this. You will tell your story to the whole world. Carry on with your campaign of self destruction.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Imani(f): 6:29pm On Aug 12, 2007
NALFA:

Allah will surely visit you with His Wrath,i promise you this. Cause you declared war with Him and Doom is your recompense 4 this. You will tell your story to the whole world. Carry on with your campaign of self destruction.

Haba, Can't you ignore her posts if you don't like it? You can refute any untrue claims backed with evidence

All this aggression is uncalled for.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by PTH(m): 6:32pm On Aug 12, 2007
NALFA:

Isaiah 59:19 . . .When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.

Deuteronomy 28:7 The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways

Psalm 91: 4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
  5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
  6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
  7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
  8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
  9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
  10 There shall no evil befall me, neither shall any plague come nigh my dwelling.
  11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
  12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
  13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

So dear nalfa, you and your allah can continue foaming in the mouth. Normal and "peaceful" individuals refute arguments based on facts and not by hiding under the umbrella of intolerance, hate and violence.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by NALFA: 6:42pm On Aug 12, 2007
PTH u've lost ur memory! You were da Guys that mentioned Islam and da Northern Nigeria. Why say we shouldnt talk about christianity. If u guys r true xtians, u wudn't say anytin like dat abt others. Abt pastors not swearing 2 celibacy, i dont give any damn abt the nomenclature: pastors, or pastoress or Businessmen or wut ever ya care to call 'em.  If u know xtianity u won't say your God is a consuming fire. Get da Real Bible n read not da plagiarised texts ur Pastors Broadcast to 2 mek money. If u need a copy i wil give you one.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Reverend(m): 6:42pm On Aug 12, 2007
NALFA:

Here we go again, threatening people with the wrath of pretend beings  grin grin grin

Shame on you!
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Jackal(m): 6:51pm On Aug 12, 2007
@ NALPHA & PTH,

Please stop this RELIGIOUS warfare.
Of what essence is all this online batterings from u guys.
True Christians and Moslems dont act this way.

Put a STOP to it.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by PTH(m): 7:42pm On Aug 12, 2007
NALFA:

PTH u've lost your memory! You were da Guys that mentioned Islam and da Northern Nigeria. Why say we shouldnt talk about christianity. If u guys r true xtians, u wudn't say anytin like that about others. Abt pastors not swearing 2 celibacy, i don't give any damn about the nomenclature: pastors, or pastoress or Businessmen or what ever ya care to call 'em. If u know xtianity u won't say your God is a consuming fire. Get da Real Bible n read not da plagiarised texts your Pastors Broadcast to 2 mek money. If u need a copy i wil give you one.

hmmm dont worry i've got 2 copies of the real bible, which one have u got? the one allah claimed to have sent down and confirmed?
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by denex: 7:44pm On Aug 12, 2007
@PTH

This is the kind of thing you cherish. I swear, there is no topic you cannot turn to Christianity vs Islam.

I was about to call Afam out on a wager that I could start a topic on Global Warming and you would spin it into an interreligious conflict.

You too much joo!
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by k0be: 7:45pm On Aug 12, 2007
lol una too much. ngbo pth oya address the allegations.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by PTH(m): 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2007
denex:

@PTH

This is the kind of thing you cherish. I swear, there is no topic you cannot turn to Christianity vs Islam.

I was about to call Afam out on a wager that I could start a topic on Global Warming and you would spin it into an interreligious conflict.

You too much joo!

if not that you are a rumor mongering slobbering dunce you shld know who started all these in the first place.

so typical of biased nuisances to completely and conveniently ignore nalfa's direct, unwarranted and violent provocation and start shouting "pth" all over the place. you sure seem to be fixated on me its already wearing out its welcome.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by denex: 8:07pm On Aug 12, 2007
@PTH

I'm just indicating where your argumentative prowess lies: religious crises. North/South, Israeli/Arab, USA/Iran, Muslim/Christian.

When you entired this forum disguising yourself as "PTH" rather than the regular "davidylan", I wouldn't have recognised you but for your one-way system of philosophy.

It was written: "by their fruit, ye shall know them".
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by BABEELOVE(f): 8:41pm On Aug 12, 2007
Thank God for answering our prayers!!! Nairaland has come alive again!!!!
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by PTH(m): 8:49pm On Aug 12, 2007
denex:

@PTH

I'm just indicating where your argumentative prowess lies: religious crises. North/South, Israeli/Arab, USA/Iran, Muslim/Christian.

that's simply because they are the most volatile discussion points. Look around the world, the MAJOR volatile isues remain - islam, middle east/isreal!
I do post elsewhere but of course u only see when it comes to religion and north/south issues.

My point is simple - you dont have my respect because i see you as biased, how you missed nalfa's DIRECT threats and provocation beats me! Perhaps you expected me to keep quiet. It is this blatant political correctness that beats me hollow.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 1:27am On Aug 13, 2007
Hmm,I see[b] Alhaji osama bin nalfa dan al shaytani [/b] don enter this our "peaceful" thread grin

allahu arched bar grin tongue grin
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 13, 2007
PTH:

how you missed nalfa's DIRECT threats and provocation beats me! Perhaps you expected me to keep quiet. It is this blatant political correctness that beats me hollow.

er,
i thought christians are enjoined to turn the other cheek?
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by denex: 8:33am On Aug 13, 2007
Abeg let's concentrate back on the arrests of sexy dressers. I heard rumours that Fashola has called off his own campaign in Lagos because Xrated party on Tuesday. I no wan see babes dey tie wrapper come O!
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Rawphyhat: 1:09pm On Aug 13, 2007
good and great innovation in the state.
thank god the thing dey 4 lagos too.
we ladies attimes are harrased by the way our women dressed not to talk of men.
and cloth are meet to cover our nudity not to expose.if this ladies know, there is no in-between in life is either this way or that,so if the need to dress ,cover all coverables and if need to be exposed they should be naked without any cloth,
then the psychiatrist home will be a capital project in Nigeria and a good industry to invest in.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by PTH(m): 2:23pm On Aug 13, 2007
oyb:

er,
i thought christians are enjoined to turn the other cheek?

That's very true. The same bible says to be harmless as doves but as WISE AS SERPENTS. We've been turning the other cheek for so long, all we got in result was bady bags from up north from those who claim to be full of peace. Islam has for long been using that very verse against christians for so long.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 13, 2007
PTH:

That's very true. The same bible says to be harmless as doves but as WISE AS SERPENTS. We've been turning the other cheek for so long, all we got in result was bady bags from up north from those who claim to be full of peace. Islam has for long been using that very verse against christians for so long.

so, because you consider yourself persecuted, you would choose to follow your whims, rather than your god's instructions? is that the modern christian way, do your own thing? grin not that i consider you a christian, anyway
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 13, 2007
oyb:

so, because you consider yourself persecuted, you would choose to follow your whims, rather than your god's instructions? is that the modern christian way, do your own thing? grin not that i consider you a christian, anyway

so you'd rather we lie down and have you cut off our necks?
Get a Bible and read it.
Wisdom is a Christian virtue.
Christ didn't raise no fools.

I'm surprised you don't know that yet.
Read that passage PTH gave you earlier,that's straight from the mouth of Christ.
We ought to be harmless as doves but wise as serpents.

Turning the other cheek means to be forgiving,letting things go,not dwelling on issues not literally turning for you to slap my right cheek after you've slapped my left.
Most people will beat you to the ground,myself inclusive,so don't ever try it,you'll get the beating of your life grin.

We read the Bible with understanding.
The Bible also says in that same area that if someone asks for your shirt to give him your coat,that is talking about generosity and selflessness and if he asks you to walk a mile with him you walk two,that is not literal miles.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 13, 2007
Mat 10:16 "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by denex: 5:33pm On Aug 13, 2007
@PTH earlier known as davidylan

when do you refer to us as WE or US, and when do you refer to us as THEY or THEM?

I don dey tell you. Stay one place. It is either you're a part or you're not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Photos From Fire Incident From INEC Office Abuja / Double Bomb Blasts In Maiduguri, Many Feared Dead / Ibe Kachikwu Dances To Flavour's "Ada Ada" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.