Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,214 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! (19598 Views)

Is Senator Bala Ibn'Nallah's Dress Code To An Event Right? (pics) / Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation / Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 06, 2007
PTH:

No stress dear paw-paw, get ready to have your wife decked in a black burqa for the rest of her life. Enjoy yourself in the islamic republic of Nigeria.

lol.
even her night gowns will be burquoid grin

allahu arched bar! grin
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by PTH(m): 1:05am On Aug 06, 2007
Danmasani:

Its unfortunate that some people equated the North with poverty, disease and illteracy. shocked shocked, Thats as if the rest of Nigeria is flowing with milk and honey and apple tree of good life!

Not even you can deny that without the south, northern Nigeria is as good as being no better than Niger Republic. Please tell us how much the entire 19 states in the north contribute to the federal purse.

The south is not flowing with milk and honey but it is not a cesspool of disease, illiteracy, poverty and ignorance either.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by debosky(m): 1:06am On Aug 06, 2007
pertinent observation Danmasani, there is a clear case of over-simplification at work here

everything 'northern' (what does it mean anyways) must be moslem/sharia driven? not so

Benue is mostly Christian, I do not know what this latest pseudo-morality drive sweeping the country nay the continent is, same type of trouser hatred was reported in some South African townships

Is women's dressing really the issue or the licentious nature of the men who chase after them or a little bit of both?
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Danmasani(m): 1:18am On Aug 06, 2007
PTH:

Not even you can deny that without the south, northern Nigeria is as good as being no better than Niger Republic. Please tell us how much the entire 19 states in the north contribute to the federal purse.

The south is not flowing with milk and honey but it is not a cesspool of disease, illiteracy, poverty and ignorance either.

PTH, Please can you tell me what Ondo state contributes to the federal purse. Or what SIGNIFICANT contribution does Osun, Anambra, Lokoja, Adamawa, Ekiti gives each month to the federation called Nigeria, NOTHING

And why is that? Because 90% of Nigeria depends on Oil= The Niger- Delta! So don't come here telling me some bullshit about the North not surviving without the South or being like Niger---We all are going to be like Niger if the Niger-Delta was not there at the moment. Dont even bring the talk of Lagos because Lagos is on a whole different level in Nigeria. It's been the one and only vibrant centre of the past 100 years.

So don't come here saying shit u don't know anything about, equating North= Poverty, exposing your idiocy and stupidity all over the place. "The North is the cesspool of diseases" angry angry Tell me one place in Nigeria where poverty and disease is not affecting the people.

Benue is persecuting people for dressing and Sharia is the cause inspite of it been a Xtiam state. Lagos at the same moment is doing exactly the same but Sharia never came up! Even in a certain county in the State of Alabama, people are fined for exposing their bodies--belly showing is an act against the county and yet Sharia never came up. So why the double-standards here?

Just like Debosky said here, its unfortunate that the 1st thing anyone thinks about once he sees "Northern" is Sharia/moslem driven? I'm getting sick of people not wanting to learn especially assholes like you PTH
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by PTH(m): 1:29am On Aug 06, 2007
If this is an example of how you approach issues then i am not surprised at the low literacy level in the north.

Danmasani:

PTH, Please can you tell me what Ondo state contributes to the federal purse. Or what SIGNIFICANT contribution does Osun, Anambra, Lokoja, Adamawa, Ekiti gives each month to the federation called Nigeria, NOTHING

And why is that? Because 90% of Nigeria depends on Oil= The Niger- Delta!

Not really! those who carved up Nigeria into tiny bits did not put into consideration their economic viability. The 6 states in the west put together are also oil-producing states (Ekiti, Ogun, Ondo, Lagos!), Ondo also has huge deposits of bitumen. Osun state is a treasure throve of gold deposits.

Put the entire north together, what have they contributed to the federal purse in 47 yrs? Pls do some reasoning rather than spouting uncouth verbiage!

Danmasani:

So don't come here telling me some bullshit about the North not surviving without the South or being like Niger---We all are going to be like Niger if the Niger-Delta was not there at the moment.

1. The south can clearly survive without the Niger Delta
2. When northerners want to start their usual tricks they attempt to split the south into south, lagos and niger delta. The Niger Delta is a bonafide part of the south!

And No! the igbos and yorubas wont be like Niger without the Niger Delta because they too have oil resources.

Danmasani:

Dont even bring the talk of Lagos because Lagos is on a whole new different level in Nigeria. It's been the one and only vibrant centre of the past 100 years.

The usual northern trick of trying to separate Lagos from the south so as too perpetuate the untruth that afterall we are all on the same plane. Ogun state also has access to the sea! But for the leprous governments of ur corrupt northern rulers most parts of the south would have been like Lagos.
What of Portharcourt?

Danmasani:

So don't come here saying shit u don't know anything about, equating North= Poverty, exposing your idiocy and stupidity all over the place. Tell me one place in Nigeria where poverty is not affecting the people.

Last i checked the north alone accounts for 79% of the world's cases of the polio virus! Go figure!

Danmasani:

Just like Debosky said here, its unfortunate that the 1st thing anyone thinks about once he sees Northern is Sharia/moslem driven? I'm getting sick of people not wanting to learn especially assholes like you PTH

this is not even about sharia.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Danmasani(m): 1:45am On Aug 06, 2007
Someone is bringing Bitumen and Gold into this thread.  When was the last time Nigeria exported gold or depended on it? If so , how about the Tin and Columbite in Jos or the Cottons in Zaria and Kaduna or the Groundnut pyramids of Kano? Those days are gone. Why, because the entire Nigerian state forgot about all her potentials the moment the first barrel of Oil was extracted in Olibiri (1957).

You say Lagos, Ekiti, Ondo are Oil-producing state- Hahaha. Do you know that even Bauchi and Kogi states have oil deposits but are nothing compared to what the Niger-Delta holds. PTH, tell me how much Oil is extracted from Lagos, Ekiti or Ondo states as you said in your thread!, Absolute nonsense.

Accuse Northerners of splitting the South--last time i checked, the Ijaw man will not be happy if called Igbo nor will the Edo be glad to be identified as Yoruba, So how is splitting who? The clamour for Presidency, VP, Senate for all this while have been split among the 6 geo-political zones in Nigeria and whose making is it? The North?

PTH, if you have nothing to else to bring to this debate other than your obscure observation and immense sense of stupidity, then i say you back off and concentrate at the topic at hand, giving good logical reasons for the persecution in Benue state. If not, continue to dwell in your rashness and I will square you off with every stupid statement you dish out here!
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Danmasani(m): 1:47am On Aug 06, 2007
Quotes from PTH

Welcome to the Islamic Republic of Nigeria. Time to get my family out before hijab becomes the national dress code for females. 

Sharia Republic of Nigeria = Northern Nigeria, sand, camels and poor excuses for men

you forgot to include illiteracy, poverty and disease

But still went to contradict himself
this is not even about sharia. How Stupid can one be??
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 1:56am On Aug 06, 2007
The north produces nama and kunu.
what will we do without these 2 products grin
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by PTH(m): 1:57am On Aug 06, 2007
Danmasani:

Someone is bring Bitumen and Gold into this thread. When was the last time Nigeria exported gold or depended on it? If so , how about the Tin and Columbite in Jos or the Cottons in Zaria and Kaduna or the Groundnut pyramids of Kano? Those days are gone. Why, because the entire Nigerian state forgot about all her potentials the moment the first barrel of Oil was extracted in Olibiri (1957).

Those days disappeared the very day northern Nigerian retards masquerading in military uniform decided to ruin our federal system of government.
Well before dear Yakubu Gowon split us into 12 states and unified government, the west could care less about oil drilled in Bayelsa.

Danmasani:

You say Lagos, Ekiti, Ondo are Oil-producing state- Hahaha. Do you know that even Bauchi and Kogi states have oil deposits but are nothing compared to what the Niger-Delta holds. PTH, tell me how much Oil is extracted from Lagos, Ekiti or Ondo states as you said in your thread!, Absolute nonsense.

NO. Aboslute zilch! Bauchi and kogi states ARE NOT oil producing states. NNPC on the basis of the nauseating federal character policy has sunk billions of naira on prospecting for oil in Bauchi WITHOUT SUCCESS.
Ogun and Ondo states have PROVEN oil and bitumen reserves.

Danmasani:

Accuse Northerners of splitting the South--last time i checked, the Ijaw man will not be happy if called Igbo nor will the Edo be glad to be identified as Yoruba, So how is splitting who? The clamour for Presidency, VP, Senate for all this while have been split among the 6 geo-political zones in Nigeria and whose making is it? The North?

When did the nonsense about "6 geopolitical zones" start? Was it part of our national lexicon in 1993?

The clamour for zoning of political office only became important when we all realised we were being taken for a ride by a bunch of illiterates who contribute NOTHING to the federal purse and yet claim that the presidency is their birthright.
Abdulsalam Abubakar introduced zoning in 1999 in order to placate the south!

Danmasani:

PTH, if you have nothing to else to bring to this debate other than your obscure observation and immense sense of stupidity, then i say you back off and concentrate at the topic at hand, giving good logical reasons for the persecution in Benue state. If not, continue to dwell in your rashness and I will square you off with every stupid statement you dish out here!

Last i checked, all u've contributed to this thread is an exhibition of verbal diarrhoea. Keep it up. Where is the "logical reasoning" in ever post of urs?
i wont also hesitate to point out your numerous gaffes each time you post.

I notice you had nothing to say about polio and the north? Illiteracy and the north? Last i checked i did not introduce the concept of "educationally less advantaged states". Perhaps that is also a stupid policy introduced by those who would rather herd cattle than go to school.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 1:58am On Aug 06, 2007
Mr danmasani,this thread is about some males demanding women dress a certain way.
A woman can wear trousers whenever she wants and you men,sharia or not ought to understand that this is her prerogative.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 2:01am On Aug 06, 2007
@ danmasani,if you so called Northern Christians have been beaten into total submission and now have your mothers and wives in hijabs and abayas,we will resist that with everything in us.

trousers are better for mounting okadas,I don't know what the perverts are missing by demanding women wear skirts to do so,nonsense
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Danmasani(m): 2:02am On Aug 06, 2007
babyosisi:

Mr danmasani,this thread is about some males demanding women dress a certain way.
A woman can wear trousers whenever she wants and you men,sharia or not ought to understand that this is her prerogative.

Babayosi, I am on the same page with you here. But how come Sharia or Islam never crept in when Lagos is doing the same? Or is it because Benue is in the North and that will automatically become the rationale for it. That is my concern!
babyosisi:

@ danmasani,if you so called Northern Christians have been beaten into total submission and now have your mothers and wives in hijabs and abayas,we will resist that with everything in us.

trousers are better for mounting okadas,I don't know what the perverts are missing by demanding women wear skirts to do so,nonsense

Who has been beaten into submission? The xtians in Kaduna, Kano, Jos, Benue states? Who is beating who? Do u know that almost every lady in University of Jos wears her jeans freely withouth intimidation. I schooled in ABU Zaria and can say that ladies wore their jeans freely even outside the school till date? who is beating who to submission. What u read in the exaggerated papers of Nigeria does not equate to what is on ground please!
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 2:03am On Aug 06, 2007
read that thread carefully,many mentioned sharia on that thread,I'll find and paste it here if that would make you feel better.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by PTH(m): 2:03am On Aug 06, 2007
Danmasani:

Quotes from PTH

Welcome to the Islamic Republic of Nigeria. Time to get my family out before hijab becomes the national dress code for females.  

Sharia Republic of Nigeria = Northern Nigeria, sand, camels and poor excuses for men

you forgot to include illiteracy, poverty and disease

But still went to contradict himself
this is not even about sharia. How Stupid can one be??

simple! i meant my response on the north had nothing to do with sharia or lumping everyone northern as muslim.

i know very well that Benue is a mainly christian state, i lived with a benue family for 1 yr so i dont need you to tell me what gboko looks like.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 2:05am On Aug 06, 2007
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by denex: 2:12am On Aug 06, 2007
@PTH

You Lagos, Ekiti, Ogun and Ondo state are oil producing states?
Pray tell, how many barrels of oil are they producing per day.

That shiny-shiny sand that 419 scoop from Osun state to catch mugu is actually gold? Wonderful! And how many bullions of Gold have been mined. At least locals mine the gold in Plateau and Kaduna states.

And don't forget only Bauchi, Plateau, Taraba, Cross Rivers, Kano and Adamawa states have been confirmed to have great value of Uranium in Nigeria. Y'reckon, Uranium: the power source of the future?

Let me also add that southern Nigeria has local disease like trypanosomiasis, Leshmaniasis and the South-West is the world headquarters of Sickle-Cell Anaemia: a disease with not possibility of cure and little hope of treatment.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 2:16am On Aug 06, 2007
denex:

@PTH

That shiny-shiny sand that 419 scoop from Osun state to catch mugu is actually gold? Wonderful! And how many bullions of Gold have been mined. At least locals mine the gold in Plateau and Kaduna states.

And don't forget only Bauchi, Plateau, Taraba, Cross Rivers, Kano and Adamawa states have been confirmed to have great value of Uranium in Nigeria. Y'reckon, Uranium: the power source of the future?

Let me also add that southern Nigeria has local disease like trypanosomiasis, Leshmaniasis and the South-West is the world headquarters of Sickle-Cell Anaemia: a disease with not possibility of cure and little hope of treatment.

you need serious edjumacation.
a black man that doesn't know sickle cell is a disease common in every black race
be they ,sicillian or french.

didn't you do integrated science? grin
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by PTH(m): 2:19am On Aug 06, 2007
Kai! in the bid to be noticed some will go a long way to exhibit their ignorance.

denex:

@PTH

appologies if i put it the wrong way, they are known to possess proven researces of crude oil. Mining of bitumen actually takes place in Ondo state. Ondo i think is also considered one of the oil producing states by the FG.

denex:

there is gold in ilesha, perhaps you need to direct this question to the ministry of solid minerals.

denex:

hmmm did anyone mention uranium here by chance?

denex:

Sickle-cell anaemia is a hereditary disease and thus cannot be lumped together with pathogen-borne diseases that are the result of poor hygiene. You cannot vaccinate against sickle-cell. that is why you should have taken biology class seriously! grin
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Danmasani(m): 2:25am On Aug 06, 2007
Those days disappeared the very day northern Nigerian retards masquerading in military uniform decided to ruin our federal system of government.
Well before dear Yakubu Gowon split us into 12 states and unified government, the west could care less about oil drilled in Bayelsa

Interesting, It is for a fact that the creation of additional states was a desire for every region of Nigeria at the time. So is it today. Almost every tribe in every Nigerian state wants a state of its own -because Gowon said so according to you!

NO. Aboslute zilch! Bauchi and kogi states ARE NOT oil producing states. NNPC on the basis of the nauseating federal character policy has sunk billions of naira on prospecting for oil in Bauchi WITHOUT SUCCESS.
Ogun and Ondo states have PROVEN oil and bitumen reserves.

So when will u start extraction of the oil in Ogun and Ondo states. You know that might help us with the current situation in the Niger-Delta or is the Federal Government stupid not to have started that already a long time ago. State the obvious facts here--it is not in commercial quantities!

When did the nonsense about "6 geopolitical zones" start? Was it part of our national lexicon in 1993?

The clamour for zoning of political office only became important when we all realised we were being taken for a ride by a bunch of illiterates who contribute NOTHING to the federal purse and yet claim that the presidency is their birthright.
Abdulsalam Abubakar introduced zoning in 1999 in order to placate the south!

Question?? Has the distribution of Political positions and the hierachy of power in Nigeria not follwed the existing geo-political zones? Do u need me to prove to you that the President, VP, Senate Pres, Senate VP, House speaker and the PDP chairman are 'zoned' to this geo-political arrangements? Why haven't you rejected it if it is meant to placate the south. You call us illiterates--  What manner of irony is it that the first educated Nigerian President came from the North with a Masters for that matter. Obasanjo with all his "literacy" has taken Nigeria further backwards and u don't see that!
Last i checked, all u've contributed to this thread is an exhibition of verbal diarrhoea. Keep it up. Where is the "logical reasoning" in ever post of urs?
i wont also hesitate to point out your numerous gaffes each time you post.

I notice you had nothing to say about polio and the north? Illiteracy and the north? Last i checked i did not introduce the concept of "educationally less advantaged states". Perhaps that is also a stupid policy introduced by those who would rather herd cattle than go to school.

Presently an on-going investigation is happening about Trovan, a drug against meningitis given to kids in Kano who later died arising from complications due to it. The Kano and Nigerian government are both suing Pfizer for that. So tell me something? Will it be wrong if Bola Tinubu suspends Polio vaccination for his people had he suspected that complications might arise from them? Will he let them accept the vaccine and face the possibilty of future severe repercussions( an ex which is Trovan) or will he have hesistated and required testing for toxicity and severe side effects on humans? I'll leave that for your "rational side" to answer!
[quote][/quote]

For your information, the Fulanis herd cattle and the span the entire sub-region of West Africa and trust me, they go to school. Your Harvard MBA holder and Minister, Nasir El- Rufai is one!
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 2:31am On Aug 06, 2007
denex:

@PTH

I knew my infectious diseases knowledge was not failing me.
Leishmaniasis

Leishmania parasites are named after W.B. Leishman, who developed one of the earliest stains of Leishmania in 1901. Widespread in 22 countries in the New World and in 66 nations in the Old World, leishmaniasis is not found in South-east Asia. Human infections are found in 16 countries in Europe, including France, Italy, Greece, Malta, Spain and Portugal. Occurring in several forms, the disease is generally recognized for its cutaneous form which causes non-fatal, disfiguring lesions, although epidemics of the potentially fatal visceral form cause thousands of deaths.  

In Nigeria, sleeping sickness occured in the north where the distribution of G. p. palpalis and G. tachinoides were scarce and restricted to vegetation close to watercourses during the dry season (Edeghere et al., 1989). In Southern Nigeria, the same species of tsetse flies are found in abundance due to favorable climatic conditions, yet cases of sleeping sickness have never been observed

You guys should tell this denex guy to shut up.
http://www.medicalecology.org/diseases/d_african_trypano.htm
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 2:36am On Aug 06, 2007
I lived in Nigeria for years and almost all cases of sleeping sickness(Trypanosomiasis) was in the north so is leprosy,polio,riverblindness,meningitis.
Name the infection,it's endemic in northern Nigeria.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by PTH(m): 2:38am On Aug 06, 2007
Danmasani:

Interesting, It is for a fact that the creation of additional states was a desire for every region of Nigeria at the time. So is it today. Almost every tribe in every Nigerian state once a state of its own because Gowon said so according to you!

This is untrue. The initial decision to split the viable and powerful regions into states was done by military fiat and against public oppinion. The present "desire" of every tribe for state creation is simply because of the free oil money that is handed out to otherwise unprofitable, unviable, corrupt individuals interested more in amassing ill-gotten wealth and getting federal/political appointments than in having a state.
in today's Nigeria, the number of states rather than productivity now governs who gets what.

Danmasani:

So when will u start extraction of the oil in Ogun and Ondo states. You know that might help us with the current situation in the Niger-Delta or is the Federal Government stupid not to have started that already a long time ago. State the obvious facts here--it is not in commercial quantities!

False! Ondo has commercial quantities of crude oil and bitumen. Ogun has commercial quantities of crude oil and has already commenced plans to begin oil exploration. The lazy and sleazy federal government does not do any extracting or exploration of oil, rather it relies on foreign companies who then pay rent that we all share.
the rest of us have learned our lessons from the Niger Delta experience, no one will be foolish enough to allow drilling of oil reserves in the west at least until the leeches in the north are no longer there.
why do you think the west is the most vehement group in support of a federal system of government? You think they too do not like free oil money from the Niger Delta?

Danmasani:

Question?? Has the distribution of Political positions and the hierachy of power in Nigeria not follwed the existing geo-political zones? Do u need me to prove to you that the President, VP, Senate Pres, Senate VP, House speaker and the PDP chairman are 'zoned' to this geo-political arrangements?

there was no zoning in 1960, none in 1963, none in 1979, none in 1983. Zoning did not enter our lexicon until 1999 and that is a fact.

Danmasani:

Why haven't you rejected it if it is meant to placate the south.

We are no fools, we know what befell us when we attempted to reject a fraud in 1993. No one wants to pay the price for "democracy" again.

Danmasani:

You call us illiterates--  What manner of irony is it that the first educated Nigerian President came from the North with a Masters for that matter. Obasanjo with all his "literacy" has taken Nigeria further backwards and u don't see that!

Obasanjo was merely a stooge of the north. If you bothered to check the south voted enmasse for Olu Falae.

Danmasani:

Presently an on-going investigation is happening about Trovan, a drug against meningitis given to kids in Kano who later died arising from complications due to it. The Kano and Nigerian government are both suing Pfizer for that. So tell me something? Will it be wrong if Bola Tinubu suspends Polio vaccination for his people had he suspected that complications might arise from them? Will he let them accept the vaccine and face the possibilty of future severe repercussions( an ex which is Trovan) or will he have hesistated and required testing for toxicity and severe side effects on humans? I'll leave that for your "rational side" to answer!

This is irrelevant. The decision to stop vaccinations in the north had NOTHING to do with the trovan experience. Afterall the rest of the country recieved vaccinations from the SAME batch. The trovan incident was a drug trial and NOT a vaccination.

Danmasani:

For your information, the Fulanis herd cattle and the span the entire sub-region of West Africa and trust me, they go to school. Your Harvard MBA holder and Minister, Nasir El- Rufai is one!

Thank God for El rufai. Maybe he can inspire the other lazy almajiris to attempt at least primary school too.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 2:42am On Aug 06, 2007
Nobody should forget that the so called learned alhajis and mallams were advising their "subjects" against vaccinations because they claimed America wanted to render their women sterile.
So much for the northern intelligence
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by PTH(m): 2:44am On Aug 06, 2007
babyosisi:

You guys should tell this denex guy to shut up.
http://www.medicalecology.org/diseases/d_african_trypano.htm

grin grin  grin Thank u Dr. osisi. The amount of ignorance exhibited here leaves me speechless sometimes.

babyosisi:

I lived in Nigeria for years and almost all cases of sleeping sickness(Trypanosomiasis) was in the north so is leprosy,polio,riverblindness,meningitis.
Name the infection,it's endemic in northern Nigeria.

Someone will soon tell us afterall toothache is endemic in the south too.  grin grin

You forgot to add yellow fever too. i remember when we went to serve in the north, we were all forced to take immunisations enmasse. I couldnt help but wonder how we managed to remain the same country and yet so vastly different.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by PTH(m): 2:46am On Aug 06, 2007
babyosisi:

Nobody should forget that the so called learned alhajis and mallams were advising their "subjects" against vaccinations because they claimed America wanted to render their women sterile.
So much for the northern intelligence

some volunteers came back with tales of how gworo chewing mallams pursued them with cutlasses for daring to ask for their spawn to be immunised.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 2:52am On Aug 06, 2007
PTH:

some volunteers came back with tales of how gworo chewing mallams pursued them with cutlasses for daring to ask for their spawn to be immunised.

ROFL.
any southerner volunteering to go hut to hut immunising northerners in that situation is doing so at his or her own risk.
They could easily accuse the male volunteers of looking at their "amaryas" and kill them in cold blood.
People have to be careful
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by debosky(m): 2:54am On Aug 06, 2007
I see a deviation from topic here, though its very interesting to read these exchanges, the issue here is the issuance of a dress code: was it done after consultation or input from all interest groups especially the women concerned? was it publicised to prevent 'tearing off the trousers from the women' - a brazenly barbaric act?

Is the government/whoever enacted this 'code' empowered to do so by law? Are those women's rights being trampled upon?

These are the pertinent issues needing discussion in my opinion, the initial attempts to reduce this to a 'Northern'/'Islamic'/'Hausa/Fulani'/'Uneducated Mallam' issue is inappropriate, given the peculiar circumstances of the state involved - Benue, a majority Christian state with mostly farmers, and Tiv and Idoma populations dominating with little Hausa/Fulani presence.

Thank You
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 2:58am On Aug 06, 2007
debosky:

I see a deviation from topic here, though its very interesting to read these exchanges, the issue here is the issuance of a dress code: was it done after consultation or input from all interest groups especially the women concerned? was it publicised to prevent 'tearing off the trousers from the women' - a brazenly barbaric act?

Is the government/whoever enacted this 'code' empowered to do so by law? Are those women's rights being trampled upon?

These are the pertinent issues needing discussion in my opinion, the initial attempts to reduce this to a 'Northern'/'Islamic'/'Hausa/Fulani'/'Uneducated Mallam' issue is inappropriate, given the peculiar circumstances of the state involved - Benue, a majority Christian state with mostly farmers, and Tiv and Idoma populations dominating with little Hausa/Fulani presence.

Thank You

Debosky,Lagos has a lot of Muslims and Benue and Plateau have a lot of Muslim influences too.
It's impossible for me personally not to see this as part of the subtle shariarisation of Nigeria.

Until I see this sort of idiocy in South Eastern Nigeria will I label it anything else but sharia in a clothed fashion.
what's next how long the skirts will be,what color?,the style.

everyone ought to resist this,that's how it all starts
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by PTH(m): 3:05am On Aug 06, 2007
debosky:

Thank You

Dont lets decieve ourselves, Nigerian is almost 50% christian and yet has been a member of the OIC for over a decade. Hausa's make up the minority in Plateau state and yet they have been involved in almost all the religious riots in that state.
Like Babyosisi said, it is a subtle and sinister approach to the eventual islamisation of Nigeria and should be resisted vehemently not by approaching issues with politically correct goggles.

Once it takes a grip in christian states Nigeria is history.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 3:10am On Aug 06, 2007
How stupid can a government be?
In a state where the majority of the populace can't even buy and eat the yams they are popular for,and cannot open their faucets and drink water,the police is concentrating on women in trousers?
doesn't anybody see that the tail is wagging the dog here!!
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by denex: 3:11am On Aug 06, 2007
Okay, they are proven to have crude oil but have contributed zilch in terms of crude oil revenue.

I mentioned Uranium because you mentioned crude oil and bitumen.

I know it cannot be vaccinated or cured and can have very little treatment. However, it is still a very fatal malady. babyosisi, sickle-cell anaemia can affect anybody of African origin but the truth remains that the headquarters is in SouthWest Nigeria.

@babyosisi

if those same educated mallams and alhajis had warned their people against Trovan, children would not have been killed and disabled by PFIZER.

For those of you giving me lessons in integrated science, that is what happens to you when you have little knowledge.

I majored in Animal Science, Agriculture and one of my final year courses was Animal Breeding which had to do with Gene Mutation and Lethal Genes, Statistical studies of inheritance, genetic variance and covariance, heritability and repeatability, also, the determination of genetic parameters.
So if you know what is good for your life, stop giving lectures on what you know little because those who don't know at all are better than those who know as little as you do when it comes to Genetics.

By the way, PTH, it is you who should shut up because there is a reason why cattle rearers move with their cattle to the North during the rainy reason. No come here dey yarn things wey you no know jack about. Tse-tse flies that transmit Trypanosomiasis thrives only in forest type areas. So please shut up and tell your webbsite to shut up too.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 3:14am On Aug 06, 2007
know it cannot be vaccinated or cured and can have very little treatment. However, it is still a very fatal malady. babyosisi, sickle-cell anaemia can affect anybody of African origin but the truth remains that the headquarters is in SouthWest Nigeria.

prove it!
this is a challenge

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Abandoned IEDs By Boko Haram Kill 63 In Borno Town / Gov Uzodinma Flags Off ‘Exercise Golden Dawn’ To Tackle IPOB / Lagos Declares Four Work-Free Days For PVC Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.