Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend (13966 Views)

See A Secret Cake A Girlfriend Sent To Married Lover To Wreck His Marriage / What Is The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend Or Boyfriend and chance of marriage / Is It Safe To Be Friends With "Cuddle Benefit' With A Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by harakiri(m): 9:40pm On Jul 04, 2011
I cosign on this thread. This trend is praticed by most ladies ranging from the university undergraduate to the PHD holder who's the MD of a blue chip company. They go into relationships with this "what do i stand to gain?" mentality. It's not just about blackberries and recharge cards. The "independent" ones want a financially secure man, an upgraded social status,connections to the influential creme dela creme of society and much more. My point is, there is always an aim and when that fails to happen, they become pissed with the man. Even when they get it, they either want more or get bored. From my view point, MEN are the one's who have intentions of having a real relationship. Really sad stuff. . .lol
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 04, 2011
The benefits of having a girlfriends are many oh! but listed below are just a few reasons;

1) You will be a better 'Accountant and money manager" 'cus they will force you to start knowing how to manage your money if not they will ruine you

2) Your head will be made to accommodate irrelevant and meaningless issues by force (especially when the so called girl is dumber than the dumbest person on planet earth

3) You will be forced to turn to a "geographer" overnight. As you will need to know all the latest eatery, boutiques, saloons, spas and clubs (places her fathers entire pension can not foot the bills)

4) You will know the names of all they dumbest home videos and songs (especially if you are not the type that fights to be in charge of the remote)

5) You will get to train you stomach and mind to believe any rubbish that goes into the mouth should be considered as food or meal (if you find yourself a terrible gook as a girlfriend)

omo the list is endless. watch out for part 2
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by 190: 10:41pm On Jul 04, 2011
talknafree:

The benefits of having a girlfriends are many oh! but listed below are just a few reasons;

1) You will be a better 'Accountant and money manager" 'cus they will force you to start knowing how to manage your money if not they will ruine you

2) Your head will be made to accommodate irrelevant and meaningless issues by force (especially when the so called girl is dumber than the dumbest person on planet earth

3) You will be forced to turn to a "geographer" overnight. As you will need to know all the latest eatery, boutiques, saloons, spas and clubs (places her fathers entire pension can not foot the bills)

4) You will know the names of all they dumbest home videos and songs (especially if you are not the type that fights to be in charge of the remote)

5) You will get to train you stomach and mind to believe any rubbish that goes into the mouth should be considered as food or meal (if you find yourself a terrible gook as a girlfriend)

That is BABE for you

Shoes and silly songs are her speciality grin grin
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by akbtunes: 11:10pm On Jul 04, 2011
talknafree:

eeyah, dem don show u before, obviously! pele, see venom o tongue
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by donobi(m): 12:18am On Jul 05, 2011
I know the kind of ladies i go for not any how ladies. If any lady is not industrious i dont bother to waist my time in the relationship, my current girlfriend i'm proud of her because i know what she possess. Guys look for ur own kind of girl. Not everygirl that wear skirt are what spending a dime.
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by Sunky200: 3:34am On Jul 05, 2011
Before you start to wonder why you didnt get it wright, You need to ans this question first, do you have a clue to what maintaining a relationship required? You dont have to blame gals for anything cos their are different types of them out there. It depends on how you play your game. Dont let your past scare you away from the courage you need for the present, hit on many as possible you can play on at a time and select from them 'tested' the one that suite you most. If you stay back till you're married, who knows the type that one could be(hooker, golddiger, used & dumped). Start playing now, be the one in charge. Run things and dont let things run you.
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by mecussey(m): 9:25am On Jul 05, 2011
chai poster, you ve been making a lot of mistakes. Those who get the sxxs dont even spend there kobo. You only need to be cocky, funny, challenging and unpredictable to get them flirt around you. Cash is involved anyways but dont spend it yet until u get the 1st sxxs. Women like it when they knw that u a big boy but wont use it to get them. Been a nice guy is so so boring to them, pls stop it. I have a lot to tell u and u may want to follow my blog. I would say there are lots benefits in a relationship and real men cant live without a girl friend or a wife
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 05, 2011
madoba:

I am not disputing your claims but I honestly(and I mean honestly) haven't come across a working class woman who flashes, fails to return missed calls, requests for recharge cards, and practically pushes her burdens on to a guy. And mind you I did say I was speaking from personal experience and encounters with most women that work.

I can confidently speak for myself, my flatmate whom we share a flat together, two of my sisters and a few female friends I have who do not do the things Freeman complained of. Call me naive but I tend to believe a lot of women who work and earn a living are not in the habit of flashing, demanding recharge cards etc etc

The issue here is about the attitude put up in the course of a relationship as mentioned by original poster. Some women may date a man for his money but they would do it so well and nicely without the annoying habits of flashing, demanding airtime, blackberry etc. So much so that the man himself would start rolling out the money without being harassed.
Madoba i will honestly tell you that there are working class nigerian women who depend on other men for money.In many of these new generation banks their female staffs sleep with some of the rich customers for financial favours and there are lots of comfortable looking working class women who prefer dating wealthy hausa Alhajis and middle aged married men with money.True the working class nigerian woman wouldnt bother you for recharge cards because she would view such as below her but then she would bother her rich men friends for money,expensive clothes items,hand bags,black berries and highly expensive handsets and what have you.For many women in nigeria(not all of them though) the only important things in life are shoes,bags,clothes and they would do anything to get it including spreading their legs wide open for any man.Go to Abuja and Lagos and see the number of working class women competing with female undergraduates in the sex trade and see if i am lying.Try and understand what the OP is complaining about.He"s is saying why is it women in nigeria are so much interested in material things from men and he may just be giving an example of recharge cards and what have you because he"s a student.Lets face it man in nigeria women live and die for money.
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 05, 2011
talknafree:

Lmbao !very much true cheesy and by the way the importance that many naija girls put on clothes and shoes really surprises me.I mean it doesnt make sense for a lady selling her body just for clothes and black berries.
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by Coco29(f): 10:52am On Jul 05, 2011
@poster hehehe i think you are just fed up with being the wallet right? righttttttt? lol
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by ogospec(f): 11:11am On Jul 05, 2011
i love this topic FREEMAN! God blees you, and i terribly agree with your view, there is true love butt the fact remains that it is very hard to find,
guys the only solution is that you should free your mentality of "with money you can get any lady of your choice, because with that may not meet true love, when you meet some one that loves you, you will find out that you will be the one to be begging her to collect some thing from you. or she will not demand but because you love heryou can give her any thing you wish without her demanding for it and she will be very appreciative, and you too will not be after sex becuse it is WRONG! that it is IMMORAL until you are ready to take her to the altar.
but some guys believe that any lady that doesnt demand is proud or pretending
[/, that is another bad mentality![q
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:00pm On Jul 05, 2011
at ops nothing guys dey gain na wahala full thier body
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 05, 2011
tom28:

Madoba i will honestly tell you that there are working class nigerian women who depend on other men for money.In many of these new generation banks their female staffs sleep with some of the rich customers for financial favours and there are lots of comfortable looking working class women who prefer dating wealthy hausa Alhajis and middle aged married men with money.True the working class nigerian woman wouldnt bother you for recharge cards because she would view such as below her but then she would bother her rich men friends for money,expensive clothes items,hand bags,black berries and highly expensive handsets and what have you.For many women in nigeria(not all of them though) the only important things in life are shoes,bags,clothes and they would do anything to get it including spreading their legs wide open for any man.Go to Abuja and Lagos and see the number of working class women competing with female undergraduates in the sex trade and see if i am lying.Try and understand what the OP is complaining about.He"s is saying why is it women in nigeria are so much interested in material things from men and he may just be giving an example of recharge cards and what have you because he"s a student.Lets face it man in nigeria women live and die for money.

Very well put. That one girl demands for recharge cards while another demands for a car, while yet another demands for a house doesn't make any fundamental difference. They're all love-peddlers - just that they operate at different levels; the same principle applies. 90% of women in Nigeria are guilty of materializing/commercializing their 'love' and body - without providing any tangible benefit to the men in their lives. That is just it. Anybody that disagrees with this evident reality we see everyday in Nigeria is either dishonest, misguided, misinformed, naive, deluded or simply ignorant.
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by Bvercially(m): 1:19pm On Jul 05, 2011
@POster!
the question you should be askin yoursef is "what do you really want in a relationship?" not the other way round, when you really knw wat u want!, it will really help u in Narrowin dwn ur search for dat special lady dat best ansa's ur question, unless of cus u dnt even knw wat u want in a relationship grin grin grin grin, lol
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 05, 2011
proO1:

Very well put. That one girl demands for recharge cards while another demands for a car, while yet another demands for a house doesn't make any fundamental difference. They're all love-peddlers - just that they operate at different levels; the same principle applies. 90% of women in Nigeria are guilty of materializing/commercializing their 'love' and body - without providing any tangible benefit to the men in their lives. That is just it. Anybody that disagrees with this evident reality we see everyday in Nigeria is either dishonest, misguided, misinformed, naive, deluded or simply ignorant.
Exactly my brother.Nigerian women are fond of commercializing their love and this is what makes them to appear very cheap.I had gain more spending money with my friends than with a nigerian woman because you know your friends will be there for you when u have nothing.I am not saying you shouldnt buy things for your GF but when your girlfriend starts making financial demands on you like u are the next father xmas then my friend u better pick race o!.Sometimes when i tell some of these girls that money isnt everything they reply by saying thus," Na love i go chop".There's more to life than clothes,shoes and handbags.
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by akimboboya: 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2011
what d benefit?
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by Bvercially(m): 1:40pm On Jul 05, 2011
tom28:

Exactly my brother.Nigerian women are fond of commercializing their love and this is what makes them to appear very cheap.I had gain more spending money with my friends than with a nigerian woman because you know your friends will be there for you when u have nothing.I am not saying you shouldnt buy things for your GF but when your girlfriend starts making financial demands on you like u are the next father xmas then my friend u better pick race o!.Sometimes when i tell some of these girls that money isnt everything they reply by saying thus,"[b] Na love i go chop".[/b]There's more to life than clothes,shoes and handbags.
Guy wei u de get all these your weak cheap gurls from anyway?, na LOve i wan chop?, i hope ur gf dat u r so proud of is nt one of em?, wink wink
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 05, 2011
Bvercially:

Guy wei u de get all these your weak cheap gurls from anyway?, na LOve i wan chop?, i hope your gf dat u r so proud of is nt one of em?, wink wink
My guy i dont date ashis and my girl is not like that but then u cant deny the upsurge of materialism among nigerian women.If u trying to argue with me on this then u not a nigerian man.
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by madoba: 4:47pm On Jul 05, 2011
proO1:

Pro, I believe demanding something is different from nicely making a request of someone. Picture this scenario: You and I are dating, my car is faulty and needs to be repaired at the sum of 20K. I ask you for assistance and explain the situation of delayed salary payments at my place of work (which prevents me from handling the issue expediently).

Would you say I was demanding or requesting? Would you also classify me as materialistic because of this request? Bearing in mind that as your girl I am not in the habit of frequently or constantly asking things of you. Or would you rather I take a loan from you to pay back later grin

On a more serious note my point is:  There has to be give and take in a relationship, and women are bound to ask for favours in a relationship. However when favours are excessively requested then I strongly disagree with that .

Now you make it sound like all women are materialistic no matter what we ask for, how frequently or infrequently. But I think the frequency of requests for frivolous things should be the distinguishing factor between a materialistic woman who wants you for your money and the non-materialistic one who wants you for keeps.
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by madoba: 5:35pm On Jul 05, 2011
tom28:

Okay tom, first of all I strongly disagree with the last phrase in bold. And secondly I do understand the OP, recharge cards may not be the only things women ask for, but would you rather we don't ask you (men) for anything at all while dating you, even if we are in a fix and seriously need help?

You guys need to realize that is never going to happen with any woman you date. I agree that some working class women are competing with undergraduates and are all about the money BUT some are not about the money or the materialistic gains. Neither are they looking for a mugu who will pick up all their bills from clothing to housing, blackberry internet subscription etc etc

Like I said to pro01, one of the yardsticks for distinguishing a materialistic woman from a non materialistc woman (when dating) is the frequency at which you are being asked for things.

Will I, as your girl ask you for favours when I am truly in need? Hell yes. Will I ask often and wear you out with my requests? No
Will I sit on my backside and expect you to pay my bills? Hell no because my core values are self sufficiency and independence. Every question I've answered here is the reality of some women.
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by madoba: 5:44pm On Jul 05, 2011
@ pro01 and tom28

Let us agree to disagree on this issue, because whichever way we swing it none of us is going to completely accept the views of the other. So from yours truly Peace out, I'll catch you on another thread.
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by jeffman(m): 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2011
IMO Poster just asked a deep question no one cares to reflect on. Ladies ask dis question too so its not a one-sided thing.

if u ask me i'll call it perspective. what do u see a relationship as:

satisfy ur sexual desires
satisfy ur loneliness
a way to consumate ur infactuation abt ur partner
an opportunity to give urself to someone
friendship: to add value to each other

There are ladies who feel their guys owe them for allowing him date them. U wonder what the guys are really gaining from the whole thing. sometimes it is better to relax and find a girl who values u rather than trying to please someone who feels u shld pay tax to her because she got female organs.
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by 190: 8:31pm On Jul 05, 2011
jeffman:

There are ladies who feel their guys owe them for allowing him date them. U wonder what the guys are really gaining from the whole thing. sometimes it is better to relax and find a girl who values u rather than trying to please someone who feels u shld pay tax to her because she got female organs.

Exactly!! cool
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by BABE3: 8:52pm On Jul 05, 2011
190:

That is BABE for you

Shoes and silly songs are her speciality grin grin

Go plank on third mainland for all I care.
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by 190: 9:04pm On Jul 05, 2011
^Lead make i follow undecided
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by BABE3: 9:11pm On Jul 05, 2011
^^ Nah--i'll pass. You need it the most. I'm generous enough to give you that opportunity.
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by 190: 9:27pm On Jul 05, 2011
^i dont even know where 3rd main land bridge is,

so kindly lead by example - after all ladies first nor be mouth only
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by BABE3: 9:32pm On Jul 05, 2011
^^ That's your business-- I can always show you the way--very easy to locate--prominent place in Lagos--always busy.

Like I SAID--- I don't need it. You need it more than I do.

Btw: "Ladies first" is for "sweet things"--- The "men" are supposed to be at the "battle front", so there you go.
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by 190: 9:33pm On Jul 05, 2011
^send your sugar daddy OAM4J to 3rd main bridge first - orang-utan !!  angry angry
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by BABE3: 9:36pm On Jul 05, 2011
^^^ Nah---He doesn't need it either. You do.

We've started insulting already? lmao--- I'll stop here now. I knew you couldn't handle it.
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by 190: 9:38pm On Jul 05, 2011
You hurt me wen u decided to go after that OLD MAN!
Re: Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend by BABE3: 9:45pm On Jul 05, 2011
lol---Look achu!  Hurt ko, hot ni.  I've heard. Sorry. Ndo. I'll not do it again. I'll start going after young guyz.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does A Guy's Naked Body Move A Lady Just As A Girl's Naked Body Moves A Guy? / Nigeria Slay Queen Shows Off Her Panties And Tattoos On Facebook (photos) / Help!!!! My Sister-in-law’s Sex-mad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.