Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,407 members, 7,830,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? (28190 Views)

Nigerians React To 400L Student Of Unilorin Who Finds It Difficult To Express He / Why Foreign Graduates Find It Hard To Get A Job In Nigeria / How I Was Insulted By A Lady Who Misconceived My Good English Expression'. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by Shemadex(m): 4:30pm On Mar 30, 2022
tayo60:
Because English is not their mother tongue
abi oh don't mind him
Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by OBoy50: 4:30pm On Mar 30, 2022
Fiscus105:
Under normal circumstance, anybody who studied up to SS 3 and now undergraduate in any higher institution,
is supposed to be able to speak and write good English language, SSCEs are the examinations that are meant to separate the chaff from wheat,hence, all undergraduates are supposed to be able to express themselves fluently in English language, but here in naija, miracle centers have succeeded in damaging the sieve that meant for separation.
Your English is very bad sir! grin
Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by slimik: 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2022
English isn't our language it was forced on us by the colonier masters.Education is also a scam!

Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Why do some graduates find it difficult to speak good English? I mean, even to construct a simple sentence. Funny enough, most of these guys brag about their educational Degree and most of them tend to be very arrogant.

The funny part of it is that, they are even confident and proud with the blunders they make while speaking.

Has anyone met such graduate?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by ICEWIN: 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Why do some graduates find it difficult to speak good English? I mean, even to construct a simple sentence. Funny enough, most of these guys brag about their educational Degree and most of them tend to be very arrogant.

The funny part of it is that, they are even confident and proud with the blunders they make while speaking.

Go ask portable
Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by Breastfeed: 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2022
Maybe because English is not their first language

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by Henricarter(m): 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2022
Do you mean ekiti graduates
Truvelisback:

Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by respect80(m): 4:32pm On Mar 30, 2022
Prolificgiant:
English language is our official language,for someone to have gone through education to level of been being a graduate then he or she should be able to express themselves eloquently lets say 70% .,if u are good in cleaning and reside around yaba ,bariga lagos axis chat me up ,lets talk

Now let's hope this was simply a typo error.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by Shemadex(m): 4:32pm On Mar 30, 2022
Truvelisback:
I remembered a graduate guy like that, who had a girl child with a lady when he had not gone to the University then. When this guy went to the University and graduated, he became arrogant and started looking down on the lady that had a girl child with him. Funny enough, if u hear this guy English ehn! Na cut and join English him dey Speak. whereas, the lady was just an S.S.C.E holder. Her English even get hope for where him own dey.
hahahaha
Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by frowland(m): 4:32pm On Mar 30, 2022
Truvelisback:

Italian expatriates don’t know how to speak English but they dominate the oil industry. Be looking for who can speak English.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by LeoMaxtalk: 4:32pm On Mar 30, 2022
English is Edekede that does not bring money into my account.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2022
English Language is a borrowed language. It's not our original native language

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by int0x80(m): 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2022
Because, they are half baked graduates.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by Zulu2022: 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2022
No fit use am build house ND buy car

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by SenecaTheYonger: 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2022
tayo60:

Why weren’t you thought your courses in your mothers tongue? Why we’re you thought in English?

No wonder they don’t want to remove IELTS test from visa application. Dumb lazy students

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by ibechris(m): 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2022
Is it English that will grow ur economy abi na hard work?

The colonial master couldn't speak our local dialects yet they change everything by dint of hard work.

If u go to East and Southern African regions,where in every English they speak,they apply more of their local languages such that u be embarrassed.
E.g Rwanda,Botswana,Namibia,Uganda,South Africa and even Kenya.

If u meet them on social media,u will get lost most often.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by Beautiful94: 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2022
With all the challenges we face in this country, speaking good english is all you think about? Na was o

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by seanwilliam(m): 4:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Why do some graduates find it difficult to speak good English? I mean, even to construct a simple sentence. Funny Funnily enough, most of these guys brag about their educational Degrees and most of them tend to be very arrogant.

see your life

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by Exkandayee(m): 4:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
sherylbaky:
Articulacy is the ability to speak fluently, and this can be done in any language in the world.

Education is the acquisition of "personal development", knowledge, skill development, habit, morals and values, These are the essence of education.

Therefore, education could be acquired in any language.
Out of this personal development is 'exposure'.

Exposure teaches that we have different people around the world with different languages.
German speaks their language
Spanish speaks theirs
Portuguese with theirs as well.

Hence, if someone can not speak a foreign language or other dialects, it doesn't mean the person is not educated.
But if someone has failed in the area of skill, value,moral, habit or personal development, it's an evidence that the person is not well educated.
I swear that's my baby mama name (Sheryl Clark) she's sooo beautiful are you beautiful

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 4:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
Guy stop na..is it a foreign language or not?

Truvelisback:
So, what is the essence of going to School if u can't express urself well? What is the evidence that u are a graduate or u are well educated?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by JustPowerApps(m): 4:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
Because English is not their mate cool
Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 30, 2022
English Language Is not necessarily a measure of Intelligence. English Language Is/Was the primary reason why so many students failed/hated the subjects likes of "Further Maths, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry et all. But nevertheless, I know and I've met some Graduates who can't speak good or written english and yet they aren't still brilliant.....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by Enemyofpeace: 4:37pm On Mar 30, 2022
Op will you shut the fok up and stop carrying another man's language on your head as if it would take you to heaven. Travel out of Nigeria and see how some white people can't speak the so called English language correctly. Who English epp? Fok English language!

Please I need someone to show me some love and infection, I'm broken earthed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by Oscillator: 4:37pm On Mar 30, 2022
Especially within the so-called three big tribes.
Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by ekoyo(m): 4:37pm On Mar 30, 2022
Is English our mother-tongue language?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by ignis: 4:38pm On Mar 30, 2022
Because ASUU is always striking
Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by Naijatask: 4:38pm On Mar 30, 2022
Nope, never met them but I do know they exist sha
Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by minasu190: 4:38pm On Mar 30, 2022
Nigeria eductional sector is poor,most of this graduates sort lecturers for marks,its high time we embraces our culture and language..English no be our mama language!
Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by Wealthoptulent(m): 4:38pm On Mar 30, 2022
Truvelisback:

Has Good English brought u GOOD LIFE N JOBS?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by Misterone: 4:38pm On Mar 30, 2022
Truvelisback:

inferiority complex dey worry the OP. Mr OP, English is a language like any other language. it is not a measure of intelligence. I have seen people speak queens English but can't write down a simple sentence. Also, I have seen people who can't speak good English but can write it down perfectly. OP don't look down on your mother tongue. speak it. even when people are speaking English, speak back with your mother tongue. stop this slave mentality.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by aspabay(m): 4:38pm On Mar 30, 2022
tayo60:

After spending over 16+ years in school learning English....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? by Antoeni(m): 4:39pm On Mar 30, 2022
What a Mumu Question

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: El-Rufai Threatens To Sack All Kaduna Lecturers / Condition Of Rivers State University Hostel: Pics & Video / Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.