Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,854 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam (8378 Views)

Funny Questions Nigerian Christians Ask Atheists.. / Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? / An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by aikuda(m): 2:10pm On Jul 06, 2011
Hey Guys, Please lets not make too much of this banking issue. It is the least of our problem in Nigeria. I agree with some sentiments being displayed by the pro Islamic banks, but I also get the concern of the people against it. I think the problem is lack of education about what the bank is really about, and also the implementation is happening, perhaps, at wrong time. With the issue of Boko Haram threat, it is understandable if people who dont understand the islamic banking cocept to be concerned.

@poster, instead of lumping all southerners into one big basket of Islam-hating hostiles, it is your reponsibility as an educated Muslim (if you are) to educate people on the issue.

Instead of complaining let's have a christaian bank as well, if there is anything like that. Even if Nigeria is a secular state there are core beliefs of people that should be tolerated to an allowable extent by others. For example, in Canada an RCMP police officer is suppose to wear a helmet by law, but the people of the Silkh religion are exempted because they wear turban. Let's be a little bit accomondating to others - that is what secularity truly means.
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by olawalebabs(m): 2:25pm On Jul 06, 2011
aikuda:

Hey Guys, Please lets not make too much of this banking issue. It is the least of our problem in Nigeria. I agree with some sentiments being displayed by the pro Islamic banks, but I also get the concern of the people against it. I think the problem is lack of education about what the bank is really about, and also the implementation is happening, perhaps, at wrong time. With the issue of Boko Haram threat, it is understandable if people who dont understand the islamic banking cocept to be concerned.

@poster, instead of lumping all southerners into one big basket of Islam-hating hostiles, it is your reponsibility as an educated Muslim (if you are) to educate people on the issue.

Instead of complaining let's have a christaian bank as well, if there is anything like that. Even if Nigeria is a secular state there are core beliefs of people that should be tolerated to an allowable extent by others. For example, in Canada an RCMP police officer is suppose to wear a helmet by law, but the people of the Silkh religion are exempted because they wear turban. Let's be a little bit accomondating to others - that is what secularity truly means.
some people are not just ready for objectives education or enlightement
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by N101: 2:29pm On Jul 06, 2011
brainpulse:

Do all NIL no the reason why this Nation will not move forward? cry. Because the whites are busy thinking on how to advance in the latest technology and improve there life condition and provide a good environment for there unborn child.
Nigerians are busy killing, bombing, looting, Corrupting, destroying  and wasting there productive years on little sentiments like arguing.
The problem of this world at present is the Black man and the terrorist in the Middle east.

The sad fact is that Nigeria has proven for decades that the biggest problem to progress in Nigeria are Nigerians themselves, irrespective of religion.

Forget the Middle East, Black people have ALWAYS been their own worse enemy.

aikuda:

Very objective and thoughtful response but unfortunately you are not speaking to "rational" people.  The downside of the so-called "Religion" section of NL.
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by Sike(m): 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2011
Jon.Bee:

I would rather read the Lord of the Rings book if I am into folktales.

No Quran or Bible for me.

a la carte sagamite
iyen na 9ice!
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by Shiftol(m): 2:51pm On Jul 06, 2011
Wat is ur problem u christians?u love to criticize,why? Well am not suprised cos God has stated it in d holy QURAN that the unbelivers have hatred for us dat de just pretend as if they love us,i kw dat u will never b happy about d islamic banking,lets wait and see,if it can be implemented u will see dat islamic banking is the best,u a talkin about interest,interest is haram in ISLAM,interest brought melt down in the world,lets look into the countries dat practice islamic banking,they always av no prob. Like Saudi,Egypt,Dubbi e.t.c
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by shoboy9: 2:58pm On Jul 06, 2011
@ OP - I don't think xtians are vocal enough in this country. First boko haram and then Islamic banking. OMG.
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by Zhedoga: 3:15pm On Jul 06, 2011
any body whey no go do well for Nigeria papa god go punish am.
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by hackney(m): 3:23pm On Jul 06, 2011
@topic:
Have xtians ever gone on the rampage killing innocent people because their man lost an election?
Go on, blame it on illiteracy; na only una get illiterates.

Demon worshippers.
Go face east and worship the mecca rock and then go blow up things and stone women.
satanic dirty rag-heads.
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by islamrules(m): 3:26pm On Jul 06, 2011
@Shiftol, we do not hate you. You hate us. You always jealous us bcuz we are inventors, U use us as ur role and road model. U follow our path.
We are more than you in everything. Knowledge, wealth, Population ? name it. Quran was forged out of bible. Christians sing and dance in the church. Some muslims are now doing it. You just study us and imitate.

We dont hate you, u are.
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by islamrules(m): 3:28pm On Jul 06, 2011
They are always cancer anywhere they are. You will know they are there by one way or the other. Either through war and violence or propaganda.
And they are liars. I was a muslim, so I know everything about them
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by oluite(f): 3:45pm On Jul 06, 2011
Jon.Bee:

There's been a rabid animosity & open aggression against Islam by some Nigerian Christians; even so, on this forum.
This is hostility is further aggravated by the irresponsible utterance of the clergies e.g . Cardinal

for Christsake, we have christian institutions e.g universities all over the state in a so called secular state. Is that okay. Pure hypocrisy, I submit.
Tell all those involve in this reckless venture to allow Muslims pursue their legitimate yearning for peaceful commercial venture.

Lest your reckless 'crusadic' utterances leads us all to a Nigerian apocalypses, if the country must be segregated, at least let pursue a peaceful end.

Christians! Stop fanning the flame of hatred.
Growing up,i didn't realize there was such a huge difference between Christians and Muslims,we had Muslim friends we ate and had sleep overs.We respected each other.Today i hear both christian and Muslim mothers warning off their children from being friends.What changed?The religious crisis that has become rampant over the years,painfully many Christians are the victims of such attacks.Now for me i think if we have been living peacefully and respecting each others beliefs and religion,many people will not say much about Islamic banking. Most of this utterances apart from a few come basically because religious crisis and killings in recent times have made many Christians defensive and protective of anything that has Islamic connotations being brought into the system.Can we just stop killing each other for whatever reasons?
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 06, 2011
i think dese islamists havent seen hostility yet,

we're coming angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by islamrules(m): 3:56pm On Jul 06, 2011
@oluite, you are a genious. That was how it was since devil came for them. MIstake we nairalanders are making is: We are addressing our angers towards Nigerian muslims. It shouldnt be it should just be Northerners. Because southern muslims are not like that. And one funny thing is religion extremism cannot come to the south because for example my father is a muslim. Do you expect him to kill me ?

The point is: it is these hausa/fulanis desert rats,

@poster, you shouldnt have posted this sensitive issue on nairaland because, reverse is the case. It is Christians that should be crying foul not you.
You people will be doing the wrong thing and you will be pointing fingers at others. That is what I called propaganga and lie.

Ask somebody anywhere, they will tell you who is killing who in Nigeria. So why are you crying here ?
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by dayokanu(m): 3:57pm On Jul 06, 2011
I dey laff
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by kuntash: 3:58pm On Jul 06, 2011
@ Jon.bee abi na wetin dem dey call u, e be like say confusion don enter ur body as u dey try respond to my post, hence, I no understand wetin u dey talk there,

However, I see where u say u neither be muslim of God followers, I thus assume u initiated this thread to bare ur mind on the islamic bank issue,

Question:-

1-Wetin dey wrong in my post?
2- How would u see a user ID thats few hrs old on nairaland and start insulting a religious sect in a state as this

once again, no be every post dem dey respond to, but if u feel say u feel dey scatter yearn like that well I no send, even if u be Muslim sef, e go dey difficult to drag words with u let alone when u see Christianity as alien,
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by kuntash: 3:59pm On Jul 06, 2011
islamrules:

@poster, you shouldnt have posted this sensitive issue on nairaland because, reverse is the case. It is Christians that should be crying foul not you.

Has he changed to being a muslim already?
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by deadie(m): 4:00pm On Jul 06, 2011
Wow, Muslims slaughter and Christians talk, yet you somehow manage to heap the blame on the Christians? You must be thinking with your anus.
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by koyaabj: 4:17pm On Jul 06, 2011
This issue is becoming more interesting, In all i figure the best form of banking is Babalawo or Ritualist bank.

This will not go under or liquidate because there will always be fund to run the bank.

loan facility will be guaranteed with borrowers life, if he defaults the bank uses him to evoke more money or he uses one of his family member as

collateral if he default the bank uses the family member to apease the god of money and more money will be produced to enable the bank survive chikena grin ; cool grin ; coolgrin ; cool 8 grin cool
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by frank317: 4:49pm On Jul 06, 2011
If I were God I would be laughing at u all from heaven,

I know that Islam is not a violent religion, but honestly I am curious at why a lot of violent people have claimed to come out of it. is there something about Islam that unconsciously make some members think violence is the right way? I honestly want to know.

@jon.b keeps equating Christian schools and churches to this issue. This is another situation where I think a sect feel cheated when actually they are not. Are there no Islamic schools all over the country, there is a mosque in my village in Imo state. What then are we saying? Remember that Christianity actually came in through education and that’s why it’s being used as a medium to reach its members. Moslems don’t have much of schools because it has never been there method. Did I hear that it came in through a violent means? Perhaps that’s why so much violence has been associated with it, despite the fact that it is really a peaceful religion.

Someone mention that Christians do rituals and all sort of things and yet they have not juged it all to be a Christian act just as Christians judge Muslims because of some violent few. But don’t forget, that when a group of people are targeted, their churches burnt, and they are called infidels, its impossible to conclude that Islam is not violence (even though this conclusion is false). Afterall don’t Muslims fornicate? Don’t they steal? Aint some of their leaders corrupt? But why do we specify just on the violent aspect? Ans= because w are the target, and we cant be targeted but a sect who don’t see us as rivals (how then can we see u as peaceful even though u truly are?) are there no Muslims in Imo state? How many times have they been attacked? Are u guys kidding me? Muslims should understand that the Christians have been victimized a lot in this country and it’s only natural for them to react.
But is this what we really want?

Lastly, I think this Islamic banking issue is not our problem as a nation. To me, if the Muslims want Islamic bank, let them have it. We need jobs, good road, electricity etc, instead of calling ourselves names here. We should stop seeing each others as treat.

Muslims, if u are truly a peaceful religion (as I believe u are) stop people from using ur name to commit evil act (something tells me u know them and unconsciously allow them to do it even though u know its wrong, as long as u can justify that Islam is peaceful)

Christians, u are not the only ones in the country, the Islamic banks wont change anything, concentrate more on ur corrupt pastors. If u truly live according to the doctrine of the bible, will evil really befall u? if u really live the Christ like life, no bodywill want to attack u.
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by dammytosh: 4:54pm On Jul 06, 2011
[size=20pt]I don't know how this made the front page. To improve religious intolerance or what is the moderator's mind set before doing this.[/size]
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 06, 2011
You are hypocritical enough to allow someone to start a thread on "Islam is evil and of the devil" or "All Muslims are terrorist" etc. with impunity,
but immediately a critique no matter how correct is directed toward them they go ballistic e.g

dammytosh:

[size=20pt]I don't know how this made the front page. To improve religious intolerance or what is the moderator's mind set before doing this.[/size]

hackney:

@topic:
Have xtians ever gone on the rampage killing innocent people because their man lost an election?
Go on, blame it on illiteracy; na only una get illiterates.

Demon worshippers.
Go face east and worship the mecca rock and then go blow up things and stone women.
satanic dirty rag-heads.

Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by wontootree: 6:40pm On Jul 06, 2011
Enough of all this accusations and counter accusations, thank God technology has given us a voice. let us use this medium to move our country foeward. If the Islamic banking will not in any way depend on CBN funding so be it, if it is going to create job for Muslims and Christians alike so be it, if it is going to be accessible for the small scale businesses so be it. though personally am yet to understand to modus operandi with regards to profit making. I am a christian living outside the country, I also had banking experience in Nigeria so am talking from the perspective of economic effect
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 06, 2011
wontootree:

Enough of all this accusations and counter accusations, thank God technology has given us a voice. let us use this medium to move our country foeward. If the Islamic banking will not in any way depend on CBN funding so be it, if it is going to create job for Muslims and Christians alike so be it, if it is going to be accessible for the small scale businesses so be it. though personally am yet to understand to modus operandi with regards to profit making. I am a christian living outside the country, I also had banking experience in Nigeria so am talking from the perspective of economic effect

@Wontootree,
What a breath of fresh air. Finally a non-bigoted person talks,

For the simpletons like Tilapiah & co,
". . . . . Look at the Non-Interest banking without emotion. it is another form of banking which
gives the population of Nigeria who have a problem with the interest banking an option"
Dr Ngozi Okonji-Iweala"
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by yoosooph: 7:16pm On Jul 06, 2011
Nairalanders,
Lets learn to respect ourselves, our religions, our tribes, our personalities, our opinions, our country etc. The way some people responds to arguments are very bad. People like me visit this forum because i want to be informed, learn from lots of people, to be updated, to write for people to read and to contribute +vely to something good.
Religions are far beyond us and we should learn to condemn any religion because there are lots of good people in them but, rather we should condemn any act that is so cruel and brutal to humanity and should not blame religion for it. No religion teaches and support bad things.
Some people are very wicked, even more than satan.
Lets learn to respect all and encourage posters in this forum. Also, let's wisely condemn bad comments. They are the reason why we are here.
Thank you fellow nairalanders for reading.
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by maasoap(m): 7:49pm On Jul 06, 2011
An average Christian is raised up to hate Islamic practices like hijab, mini cap, Arabic words, tesbyu, polygamous family, beard, etc. And there is no way you'll hate these practices that you won't hate the people who practise it. Just open a thread with Muslim or Islamic word and see how what they will turn that thread into, calling muslims all sort of names. Yet, many of them belief that their act is harmless.
For those who have carried out feasibility studies on one project or the other but are afraid of 25% interest rate, JAIZ is its way but you'll share your profits with the bank oh.
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by maasoap(m): 7:50pm On Jul 06, 2011
An average Christian is raised up to hate Islamic practices like hijab, mini cap, Arabic words, tesbyu, polygamous family, beard, etc. And there is no way you'll hate these practices that you won't hate the people who practise it. Just open a thread with Muslim or Islamic word and see how what they will turn that thread into, calling muslims all sort of names. Yet, many of them belief that their act is harmless.
For those who have carried out feasibility studies on one project or the other but are afraid of 25% interest rate, JAIZ is its way but you'll share your profits with the bank oh.
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by tpia5: 8:04pm On Jul 06, 2011
^You're a pathological liar.

Of ocurse maybe where you come from there is religious war everyday.

Where do you come from?
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by miftaudeen(m): 8:21pm On Jul 06, 2011
from your village
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:17pm On Jul 06, 2011
thank Gods I am Pagan. tongue
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 06, 2011
@OP you have to understand. We can't trust people who carry your banner of islam.

Take for advantage this last bloke that went to do suicide bombing in Abuja (or was it Maiduguri). He worked at a bank, had a family, 2 daughters, was a muslim, you know, typical "modern muslim" guy that you would grab a beer with. Just all of a sudden he's willfully sending himself and everyone around him to the afterlife in the name of his demon god.

HOW THE HECK am I supposed to trust y'all under the light of these circumstances?
That ANYONE of you could just pull stuff off like this at ANYTIME is a thing of true terror.

I understand there are nutjobs in every religion, but in no other one except for islam is there mass killings of innocents.
One could argue towards the dark ages of the Roman catholic and how it's now islam's turn or something equally daft, but clearly, I'm not a catholic and those ages have past (the muslims also did their fair share of killing during the crusades).
At least one thing was for sure, when you saw a catholic inquisitor coming, you run the other way. Simple.
With you guys, nobody knows who he is dealing with. His closest/best muslim "friend" could just decide to blow up one day with him caught in the explosion.

Also what I hear more of from your people, leave PR, advertizing and world opinion out of this, basically points to "death to the infidel west". and then ofcourse the typical "islam is a religion of peace" thing that gets thrown in. If so, shouldn't the voice of this "peace" overshadow the voice of your hatred and death-dealing? It's like the rest of these "peaceful muslims" don't really care about the "peaceful integrity" of their religion, if not they would be more active with how they condemn it.

If You guys truly cared, you would organize your own counter-terror groups tasked with the shear purpose of vindicating islam from these infiltrators in your religion who lust for the blood of men. Something like THAT would send a clear message that you truly believe the stuff you say about your religion. Do that instead of sitting there moaning as to why I don't want you to come within 1 mile of my office  angry
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by BetaThings: 10:29pm On Jul 06, 2011
tpia@:

^You're a pathological liar.

Of ocurse maybe where you come from there is religious war everyday.

Where do you come from?

Let me have your comment on this thread if you think christians do not have it in for muslims
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-431142.0.html
Re: Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam by BetaThings: 10:39pm On Jul 06, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=576809.msg7438121#msg7438121

A muslim started this thread to rally muslims to fight Boko Haram
Most of the christians who posted were only interested in castigating muslims

Boko Haram was fought to a standstill and their founder killed under Yaradua
Most christians tend to give the impression that Boko Haram rose up to confront a christian president

I have lived with christians for years. I work with them do business with them, visit them, attend naming ceremonies etc
But whenever I go online, I suddenly discover that I am very violent, will kill a christian if given the opportunity etc
I am having problem reconciling the 2 me because I experience the real me everyday
but I have never experienced this online version of me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Is Immorality Common Among Some Men Of God? / How Did The Races Originate? / 15 Ways To Minister Without Blemish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.