Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,982 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? (24281 Views)

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? / Man Lives With His 2 Big-sized Girlfriends, Wants Them To Gain More Weight (pix) / Michigan Man Who Lives With Three Sex Dolls: His “wife” And Two “mistresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Stevenecheolm: 9:39am On Apr 16, 2022
Candid opinion please: as a lady, do you think you can marry a guy who still lives with his mother?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Stevenecheolm: 9:39am On Apr 16, 2022
grin
Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Stevenecheolm: 9:40am On Apr 16, 2022
grin cheesy
Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Omicron123: 9:40am On Apr 16, 2022
How is that possible when it's obvious he is still eating "Mummy thank ma".

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Licit(m): 9:47am On Apr 16, 2022
undecided
Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by yuping(m): 9:54am On Apr 16, 2022
undecided they are different types of living with the mother, so a man that stays in an estate with lots of rooms, that is closer to his place of work should abandons it for his wife and relocate so as to get married to you. As a lady first choose a good in-law and marry a good man that makes his own decision you will be fine.

264 Likes 21 Shares

Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Candidlady: 9:56am On Apr 16, 2022
Lives with his mother? Like we get married ama move in with him?

No never nope nah!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Magnoliaa(f): 10:07am On Apr 16, 2022
yuping:
undecided they are different types of living with the mother, so a man that stays in an estate with lots of rooms, that is closer to his place of work should abandons it for his wife and relocate so as to get married to you. As a lady first choose a good in-law and marry a good man that makes his own decision you will be fine.

I agree with you. Contexts matter here. Is it dependent on the kind of living arrangement.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Bashnigga(m): 10:18am On Apr 16, 2022
Depends on how big the house is

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Vinnie2000(m): 10:20am On Apr 16, 2022
OP, If the Guy is an only son or only child, he may be forced to live with his mother! In dis case, the lady must learn how to co-exist with her future mother-inlaw!

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by yuping(m): 10:46am On Apr 16, 2022
Magnoliaa:

I agree with you. Contexts matter here. Is it dependent on the kind of living arrangement.
if a man his dependent then is no time for him to get married naaaa Abi poverty no dey tire man?

9 Likes

Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Magnoliaa(f): 11:09am On Apr 16, 2022
yuping:
if a man his dependent then is no time for him to get married naaaa Abi poverty no dey tire man?

Absolutely. cheesy

1 Like

Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Magnoliaa(f): 11:11am On Apr 16, 2022
Vinnie2000:
OP, If the Guy is an only son or only child, he may be forced to live with his mother! In dis case, the lady must learn how to co-exist with her future mother-inlaw!

If your wife is an only child or only daughter and she's forced too to live with her mother, will you agree to packing to stay with them?

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Vinnie2000(m): 11:30am On Apr 16, 2022
Magnoliaa:

If your wife is an only child or only daughter and she's forced too to live with her mother, will you agree to packing to stay with them?
Under marriage setting, it is d lady moves to her husband's house! In the instance i gave, if the Guy is an only son or child to a Single mother, she may not want him to leave!..so if he has a fiancee, the Babe must accept d arrangement!

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Magnoliaa(f): 12:06pm On Apr 16, 2022
Vinnie2000:
Under marriage setting, it is d lady moves to her husband's house! In the instance i gave, if the Guy is an only son or child to a Single mother, she may not want him to leave!..so if he has a fiancee, the Babe must accept d arrangement!

So now you're supporting a baby mama's inordinate hold over their only child?

If a single mother refuses to allow her son move to a new home with his wife to start a family, you're saying that is right?

grin grin I love how y'all always get yourselves into a conundrum. Because you're trying to speak against a new wife, you're inadvertently supporting a mother who will clip her son's wings and not allow him be to be a man. If a wife was not in the picture, I'm sure you'll be demonising a single mother who treats her son the way you've described. But now that a wife is in the picture, you're suddenly supporting a single mother in being a 'troublesome and meddling' mother-in-law in her son's marriage. Now you're saying it is okay for only sons to stay with their mothers and live with them. Tomorrow, you'll be demonising women as being bad single mothers and mothers-in-law.

So I see the condition you set forth ain't applicable to you. You expect your wife to come and live with you because you're an only child to your mom, but you want to rip her away from her dad or mom, whom she is an only child to. Is it fair? Forget marriage system and culture. The same marriage system expect you to pay bride price
and be a provider, but you'll complain about that that it's not fair. So don't be supporting traditional marriage set up when it suits you. You should be asking what is right. If your wife is an only child, do you think her parents or single parent too do not want her to stay with them? If you're the child of a single mom or you're an only son, when you want to get married you'll do it at your parents' or mother's home, ba?

If a single mother does not want her son to leave her, why should that same single mother allow her daughter to leave her? If a single mother wants her son to stay and his wife should cope, then a single mother can equally want her daughter to stay and her husband to cope.

Can you do that for your wife? You love her afterall and her parents brought her up. Can you learn to live with your in-laws in the same building? Oh, or is disrespect going to arise? If you cannot stay in your in-laws' house because of the possibility of see-finish, do you not think it is possible for your wife to be disrespected too? Your mother and your wife won't see each other finish? If your wife still stays with her father, why CAN'T YOU cope with that? Don't tell me it's not how it's done in the society. Tell me WHY you cannot cope with living with your wife's dad or mom. Personally.

Put yourself in the scenarios above that I've described and in whatever response you're going to give me. If you know there are some things you cannot accept, put your wife in the same place too and see if she can accept it...

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Demigod22: 12:28pm On Apr 16, 2022
Magnoliaa:

So now you're supporting a baby mama's inordinate hold over their only child?

If a single mother refuses to allow her son move to a new home with his wife to start a family, you're saying that is right?

grin grin I love how y'all always get yourselves into a conundrum. Because you're trying to speak against a new wife, you're inadvertently supporting a mother who will clip her son's wings and not allow him be to be a man. If a wife was not in the picture, I'm sure you'll be demonising a single mother who treats her son the way you've described. But now that a wife is in the picture, you're suddenly supporting a single mother in being a 'troublesome and meddling' mother-in-law in her son's marriage. Now you're saying it is okay for only sons to stay with their mothers and live with them. Tomorrow, you'll be demonising women as being bad single mothers and mothers-in-law.

So I see the condition you set forth ain't applicable to you. You expect your wife to come and live with you because you're an only child to your mom, but you want to rip her away from her dad or mom, whom she is an only child to. Is it fair? Forget marriage system and culture. The same marriage system expect you to pay bride price
and be a provider, but you'll complain about that that it's not fair. So don't be supporting traditional marriage set up when it suits you. You should be asking what is right. If your wife is an only child, do you think her parents or single parent too do not want her to stay with them? If you're the child of a single mom or you're an only son, when you want to get married you'll do it at your parents' or mother's home, ba?

If a single mother does not want her son to leave her, why should that same single mother allow her daughter to leave her? If a single mother wants her son to stay and his wife should cope, then a single mother can equally want her daughter to stay and her husband to cope.

Can you do that for your wife? You love her afterall and her parents brought her up. Can you learn to live with your in-laws in the same building? Oh, or is disrespect going to arise? If you cannot stay in your in-laws' house because of the possibility of see-finish, do you not think it is possible for your wife to be disrespected too? Your mother and your wife won't see each other finish? If your wife still stays with her father, why CAN'T YOU cope with that? Don't tell me it's not how it's done in the society. Tell me WHY you cannot cope with living with your wife's dad or mom. Personally.

Put yourself in the scenarios above that I've described and in whatever response you're going to give me. If you know there are some things you cannot accept, put your wife in the same place too and see if she can accept it...

English outside, you understand what that person is saying. I have friend in Asokoro, he is the only child and his dad is late. He grew up with the mother in the big family house. The house have about eight rooms. Even when he returned from school and started working, his grandfather told him not to abandon his father's house. He is planning to marry too and the mother is living there. You expect such a person, the only wire that is holding the entire family, his father's business, house, and other stuff to leave the home and rent an apartment? Although his mom is peaceful, not the sassy type.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Demigod22: 12:31pm On Apr 16, 2022
It depends on the context. Personally, I want privacy for my wife and I, but circumstances can make me stay as far as I am the one footing the family bills.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Magnoliaa(f): 12:56pm On Apr 16, 2022
Demigod22:

English outside, you understand what that person is saying. I have friend in Asokoro, he is the only child and his dad is late. He grew up with the mother in the big family house. The house have about eight rooms. Even when he returned from school and started working, his grandfather told him not to abandon his father's house. He is planning to marry too and the mother is living there. You expect such a person, the only wire that is holding the entire family, his father's business, house, and other stuff to leave the home and rent an apartment? Although his mom is peaceful, not the sassy type.

Yes, I like to speak English. smiley Thank you for the compliment. Take all you've described above and imagine a woman is in the place of your dearest friend and let me know if you'll be okay with it. If you got no problem with it, I'm fine.

12 Likes

Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Kobojunkie: 1:19pm On Apr 16, 2022
Omicron123:
How is that possible when it's obvious he is still eating "Mummy thank ma".
What if he is taking here of a sick woman and lives with her in order to save on bills and stuff?, undecided
Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Kobojunkie: 1:21pm On Apr 16, 2022
Candidlady:
Lives with his mother? Like we get married ama move in with him?
No never nope nah!
What if he is a live in nurse for his own mother in her home? undecided

1 Like

Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by VictorUSA(m): 1:55pm On Apr 16, 2022
See them commenting as if they are important.Women are all useless regardless of their origin.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Vinnie2000(m): 2:54pm On Apr 16, 2022
Demigod22:

My brother, thank you! Something is clear enough, she just put down lengthy Argumentative essay! All of diz 'I too know' is why many ladies cant see husband to marry! So sad!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Prettygirl200(f): 3:10pm On Apr 16, 2022
Demigod22:

This one no b talk, as long as u are ready for marriage u should know what to do. If he can't leave the family house bc he is an only child or bc he can't leave his mother then he shouldn't get married, he should remain single or marry his mother. Full stop no lady wants to stay in a family house where their privacies will be invaded.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Prettygirl200(f): 3:15pm On Apr 16, 2022
VictorUSA:
See them commenting as if they are important.Women are all useless regardless of their origin.
Victor try get sense small abeg it's very important. no b to carry prick be the mattaa u hear

25 Likes

Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by VictorUSA(m): 3:17pm On Apr 16, 2022
Prettygirl200:
Victor try get sense small okay, no b to carry prick be the mattaa u hear
Prettygirl, I don't expect this from you.

2 Likes

Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Vinnie2000(m): 3:20pm On Apr 16, 2022
Prettygirl200:
This one no b talk, as long as u are ready for marriage u should know what to do. If he can't leave the family house bc he is an only child or bc he can't leave his mother then he shouldn't get married, he should remain single or marry his mother. Full stop no lady wants to stay in a family house where their privacies will be invaded.
All diz una 'Oversabi' will hurt u ladies one day! My female neighbour with 4 kids married into her husband's family house! But later, the elderly couple packed to the village. So they are alone now. Maybe u re still a young babe. Marriage is compromise o!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Prettygirl200(f): 3:26pm On Apr 16, 2022
Vinnie2000:
All diz una 'Oversabi' will hurt u ladies one day! My female neighbour with 4 kids married into her husband's family house! But later, the elderly couple packed to the village. So they are alone now. Maybe u re still a young babe. Marriage is compromise o!
am just being sincere here I can't marry like that, I need privacy with my husband he can come and be visiting maybe twice a week or so. If he doesn't have that time I will do the visiting with the kids but staying with her is what I don't like.

4 Likes

Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Prettygirl200(f): 3:27pm On Apr 16, 2022
VictorUSA:
Wetyn I con do again. So u want me to agree with you that women are useless Well some shaaa but not all same also applied to Men

1 Like

Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Prettygirl200(f): 3:28pm On Apr 16, 2022
VictorUSA:
Wetyn I con do again. So u want me to agree with you that women are useless Well some shaaa but not all same also applies to Men
Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 16, 2022
Hell NO

I'd rather stay single

I mean who would be cooking for him
We would not be able to knack well in peace grin

2 Likes

Re: LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? by VictorUSA(m): 3:28pm On Apr 16, 2022
Prettygirl200:
Wetyn I con do again. So u want me to agree with you that women are useless Well some shaaa but not all same also applied to Men
This is the exact truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Buys Himself A Ring, To Look For Wife Later (Photos) / She Won't Say Her Age! / I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.