Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,132 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? (44226 Views)

LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? / Man Lives With His 2 Big-sized Girlfriends, Wants Them To Gain More Weight (pix) / Michigan Man Who Lives With Three Sex Dolls: His “wife” And Two “mistresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by savvy12: 3:42pm On May 25, 2020
My younger Sister has a suitor who has been disturbing her for marriage. The guy is an n-power beneficiary and currently runs his dad's little business.

The problem is that he still lives in his family house but promised my Sister that he will relocate once they get married. We told my sister not to accept his proposal because he might refuse to relocate after marriage.

Note: he stays in the village and he is a graduate too.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 25, 2020
Yes I can
I don't look at the present but the future. If he's a man of zeal, hardworking, intelligent, with dreams and ambitions, why not. So far he wouldn't marry me in his father's house and I can clearly see he's working towards his goals and life ambitions.

I believe in working together to achieve great things in life.

For those quoting me, you should know that I love success and breakthrough, I won't look twice an idiot doing N-power and instead of strategising and working towards a bigger thing going to churches to pray ''I will make it in Jesus Name, like Otedola''. In fact, I might slap him the day he feels like wooing me.

I have one Alfa like that disturbing me, I just dey pray make he no talk to me when my brain is hotting, he teaches in nursery & Primary school and his only achievement is that his father is a professor and he has two mansions. Just because I try not to discriminate who I converse with, he has been coming close towards something like that.
To those sending mail to me, I laugh in Swahili, I don't engage with unintelligent minds. Thanks
The likes and shares for this account don pass my other account o, even followers. It shows the quality of NLdrs, they prefer gibberish, and t talks...
than where I actually teach them lots of things, one single like like this, I no get for the other account. Continue ehn

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:51pm On May 25, 2020
savvy12:
My younger Sister has a suitor who has been disturbing her for marriage.The guy is an n-power beneficiary and currently runs his dad's little business. The problem is that he still lives in his family house but promised my Sister that he will relocate once they get married.we told my sister not to accept his proposal because he might refuse to relocate after marriage. Note:He stays in the village and he is a graduate too.

tell your sista to give the dude this simple reply:" when you relocate and get your own place, i will marry you"

431 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by VickyRotex(f): 3:52pm On May 25, 2020
savvy12:
My younger Sister has a suitor who has been disturbing her for marriage.The guy is an n-power beneficiary and currently runs his dad's little business. The problem is that he still lives in his family house but promised my Sister that he will relocate once they get married.we told my sister not to accept his proposal because he might refuse to relocate after marriage. Note:He stays in the village and he is a graduate too.

What do you mean by he might refuse to relocate?
Is he showing any signs that makes you think he wants to live in his parents house forever?
Does he have brothers that are already married and staying in the same house with his parents?

I've seen cases where the guy moves from his parents house few months to their wedding. So this one isnt an exception. But the once he gets married part is what I dont understand.

I don't see anything wrong with this if and only if he is making plans to move to his own house before the wedding. So I'd advice your sister, that they both work on that prior to the wedding.

If there are any further showstoppers, then she should step out of it.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by socialmediaman: 3:53pm On May 25, 2020
OP I didn’t read what your sister had to say about the situation, or doesn’t she have a choice in this?

Does she have something going on for herself by the way? Ladies should learn to be more self sufficient before getting married, you should encourage your sister to do same. Starting a family is zero achievement if you can’t give those kids the best in life.

Having said that, if she’s going to depend on him in their marriage, then he better be able to provide for both of them and future family... and most people don’t have the greatest experience living with in-laws so make sure she understands that before making her decision

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by savvy12: 3:56pm On May 25, 2020
VickyRotex:

What do you mean by he might refuse to relocate?
Is he showing any signs that makes you think he wants to live in his parents house forever?
Does he have brothers that are already married and staying in the same house with his parents?

I've seen cases where the guy moves from his parents house few months to their wedding. So this one isnt an exception.
I don't see anything wrong with this if he is making plans to move to his own house before the wedding. So I'd advice your sister, that they both work on that prior to the wedding.

If there are any further showstoppers, then she should step out of it.
According to her,he is not making any plans to relocate.He doesn't even know where to relocate to because the N-power job he does is in the village.He is not searching for alternative jobs too.He is 35.
He doesn't have any married brother.He is the first child.

7 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Oluromantic: 3:57pm On May 25, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

tell your sista to give the dude this simple reply:" when you relocate and get your own place, i will marry you"
I'm offering same advice. He shd work towards relocating. Once he does that, they're good to go

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by malcom1X: 3:57pm On May 25, 2020
Family house is different from living with the parents, we don't know how big the family house looks like but if it can accommodate your sister then no problem.

She is part of the family once she gets married to the guy.
He is also running the Dad's business too not that bad.

Tell your sister to stop putting pressure on the guy.
Or leave the relationship or at the very least contribute money and pay for a house so they can move out.

118 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by VickyRotex(f): 4:02pm On May 25, 2020
savvy12:

According to her,he is not making any plans to relocate.He doesn't even know where to relocate to because the N-power job he does is in the village.He is not searching for alternative jobs too.He is 35.

Okay if they've discussed this and he isn't taking the plans seriously then she knows what to do. What does your sister really wants? Can they both put resources together and come up with something?

There are some negotiable and non-negotiable things when it comes to relationships/marriages. If this is non-negotiable for her, then I recommend she leaves the relationship.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by IceLip: 4:03pm On May 25, 2020
after marriage, audio relocating oh

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:08pm On May 25, 2020
Oluromantic:
I'm offering same advice. He shd work towards relocating. Once he does that, they're good to go

its actually a very simple issue... if the dude doesnt not get it then there must be something really wrong with him.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by savvy12: 4:10pm On May 25, 2020
malcom1X:
Family house is different from living with the parents, we don't know how the family house looks like but if it can accommodate your sister then no problem.

She is part of the family once she gets married to the guy.

Tell your sister to stop putting pressure on the guy.
Or leave the relationship or at the very least contribute money and pay for a house so they can move out.
She has been to his house.He stays with his parents and 6 siblings. Their house is not large.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Omoluabi16(m): 10:36pm On May 25, 2020
VickyRotex:

Okay if they've discussed this and he isn't taking the plans seriously then she knows what to do. What does your sister really wants? Can they both put resources together and come up with something?

There are some negotiable and non-negotiable things when it comes to relationships/marriages. If this is non-negotiable for her, then I recommend she leaves the relationship.
Nice advice.Any woman that wants to stay in family house in the name of marriage is asking for trouble.Even if situations may arise later in the future, at least not now.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by VickyRotex(f): 10:46pm On May 25, 2020
Omoluabi16:
Nice advice.Any woman that wants to stay in family house in the name of marriage is asking for trouble.Even if situations may arise later in the future, at least not now.

Exactement! Exactly! cool No matter how accommodating the family is, in the later run arifin ma wo.

The sister needs to decide what she wants, there's only little the op can do for her.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Omoluabi16(m): 10:55pm On May 25, 2020
VickyRotex:

Exactement! Exactly! cool No matter how accommodating the family is, in the later run arifin ma wo.

The sister needs to decide what she wants, there's only little the op can do for her.

du bist mühsam kpom kwem! arinfin ma wa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Ishilove: 11:48pm On May 25, 2020
savvy12:

He doesn't have any married brother.He is the first child.
1) Not making any plans to relocate
2) Doesn't even know where to relocate to.
3) His 30k N-power work is village based
4) Not searching for viable alternatives to augment his meagre income.
5) He is the FIRST child

Verdict- The suitor is NFA. No future ambition.

Op, tell your sister to talk to her two legs. If the legs refuse to listen, let her beg them.

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Omoluabi16(m): 12:20am On May 26, 2020
Ishilove:

Verdict- The suitor is NFA. No future ambition.
chai

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by VickyRotex(f): 12:30am On May 26, 2020
Omoluabi16:
du bist mühsam kpom kwem! arinfin ma wa

cheesy cheesy payback time abi. Wehdone. Only you, 3 language for one comment grin undecided
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Ishilove: 11:46am On May 26, 2020
Omoluabi16:
chai
But it's true na. How can he be so visionless at age 35

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by ojuu4u(m): 11:53am On May 26, 2020
Bible says .....for this, a man should leave is father's house and cleaves to his wife.......after man sure of what his household will eat, the next most important tin is shelter before having any iota of plan to settle down.

Your sister must insist that her fiance MUST get accommodation outside his parents house even if it's a room, before planing any marriage, if she tries otherwise, she is heading to marriage of #sooooo many masters to serve instead of a master.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by lekki1444: 2:46pm On May 26, 2020
grin
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by nairavsdollars(f): 2:46pm On May 26, 2020
That one na curse ooo no matter how wealthy the family is?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 26, 2020
grin....No because WOMEN want to do this with there husbands grin grin grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Ekakamba: 2:47pm On May 26, 2020

OP, you have to give details of the so called 'family house'.

Are you talking of flats (parents occupied 1 and son occupied another) in same compound or just a flat occupied by parents and children including their grown-up sons?
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by HantaVirus(m): 2:47pm On May 26, 2020
That's bullshit... A man and his wife needs privacy...Ladies please don't ever make this mistake no matter how you guys love each other, y'all need privacy...Only the wise would understand.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Godfullsam(m): 2:47pm On May 26, 2020
Yes

&

No
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Ubykcee(m): 2:48pm On May 26, 2020
cool
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by NaijadrivaCars: 2:48pm On May 26, 2020
Be Ready for your hubby to be highly influenced.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Godfullsam(m): 2:48pm On May 26, 2020
Waiting for the God forbid crew
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by kendrick9(m): 2:48pm On May 26, 2020
Yawwwn...
So many fake stories on NL..

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by SlimBrawnie(f): 2:48pm On May 26, 2020
He is busy promising to relocate after marriage when he should have relocated before promising her marriage. If she doesn't want to she'd premium tears in future, they better find a way to relocate before or as soon as they get married else "see finish" will make her regret & bros may keep procrastinating. I hope she also has something doing.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria / #tide2019: Nigerian Man Accused Of Sleeping Around Weds / How Did You Later Discover You Were Dating Who Was Not Dating You? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.