Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,434 members, 7,850,529 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:52 AM

Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems (2242 Views)

This March Will Be The Bloodiest Month In The Near History Of Mankind / Timely Marriage is GOD's Original Plan For Mankind / God’s Kingdom, The Only Lasting Solution To Mankind’s Problems-I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by Kobojunkie: 1:59am On Apr 21, 2022
tctrills:
I don't understand your question please rephrase it

You introduced the idea that "Death is not forever " in your previous response, and I want you to clearly explain what that statement means in the context of Genesis chapters 1 - 3. - undecided
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by tctrills: 2:00am On Apr 21, 2022
[The part where Jesus Christ also said that His sheep hear His voice and answer Him alone.. is also biblical. He said his sheep would hear his voice in John, he also said all would be ressurected and Judged.

And as I stated earlier, every Word Jesus Christ spoke was Truth, none mutually exclusive. So if He said only His sheep hear His voice and answer and the dead wil hear his voice and answer, it follows that the dead who hear His voice and answer as of His flock - the goats and sleeps in His flock. Again he said my sheep would hear my voice not my goat.. please read John 10 very well also he said the sheep would be saved. The bible never stated that the Goat were of his flock you just added that.
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by tctrills: 2:02am On Apr 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:

You introduced the idea that "Death is not forever " in your previous response, and I want you to clearly explain what that statement means in the context of Genesis chapters 1 - 3. - undecided
I answered you but if you are not content explain yourself better. I guess I am not getting the core of your question. I did not say death death is not for ever, Christ said it. He said all would ressurect.
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by tctrills: 2:10am On Apr 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The part where Jesus Christ also said that His sheep hear His voice and answer Him alone.. is also biblical. undecided

And as I stated earlier, every Word Jesus Christ spoke was Truth, none mutually exclusive. So if He said only His sheep hear His voice and answer and the dead wil hear his voice and answer, it follows that the dead who hear His voice and answer as of His flock - the goats and sleeps in His flock. undecided
Please do yourself a favour and read John 10 Christ spoke only about the sheep being in hid flock not the goat. No single verse in the bible did he ascribe the goat as his flock. I guess you just added to the bible. The Goat are not part of his flock. His sheep hear his voice and follow him. The Goats do not follow him. Do you understand?
Again, the assumption that Adam is not his sheep. Do you have a list of all his sheep? If you do please post it, I want to check for my name
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by Kobojunkie: 2:22am On Apr 21, 2022
tctrills:

Please do yourself a favour and read John 10 Christ spoke only about the sheep being in hid flock not the goat. No single verse in the bible did he ascribe the goat as his flock. I guess you just added to the bible. The Goat are not part of his flock. His sheep hear his voice and follow him. The Goats do not follow him. Do you understand?
Again, the assumption that Adam is not his sheep. Do you have a list of all his sheep? If you do please post it, I want to check for my name
In the Gospel according to John, they are all of them refered to as sheep.... however, in the Gospel according to lMatthew, we see that those in the flock are separated into sheep and goats. undecided
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by tctrills: 2:25am On Apr 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
In the Gospel according to John, they are all of them refered to as sheep.... however, in the Gospel according to lMatthew, we see that those in the flock are separated into sheep and goats. undecided
No Matthew never said the goat were among the flock of Christ. I can bet my next salary on that. Matthew could not have said such. He stated that the Christ does not know the goats.
I would quote it for you in the next post,
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by Kobojunkie: 2:30am On Apr 21, 2022
tctrills:

I answered you but if you are not content explain yourself better. I guess I am not getting the core of your question. I did not say death death is not for ever, Christ said it. He said all would ressurect.
None of the answers you gave even come close to addressing the question asked or sticking to the context in any fashion. undecided

Death was first declared and defined by God in the context of what is Genesis chapter 1 - 3, and not one mention of the word "forever" in context. So I want to understand why you brought the "forever" into the context,especially with what God made clear in Genesis 3 vs 19 -22 undecided
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by Kobojunkie: 2:31am On Apr 21, 2022
tctrills:
No Matthew never said the goat were among the flock of Christ. I can bet my next salary on that. Matthew could not have said such. He stated that the Christ does not know the goats.
I would quote it for you in the next post,
Matthew never said anything about the Goats not knowing Jesus Christ, I am afraid. undecided

Instead in Matthew we learn that the Goats are those in the flock who refuse to obey the His Commands. undecided
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by tctrills: 2:33am On Apr 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Matthew never said anything about the Goats not knowing Jesus Christ, I am afraid. undecided

Instead in Matthew we learn that the Goats are those in the flock who refuse to obey the His Commands. undecided
Please quote the verse because its not in the bible.
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by Kobojunkie: 2:35am On Apr 21, 2022
tctrills:
Please quote the verse because its not in the bible.
Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 undecided
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by tctrills: 2:35am On Apr 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
None of the answers you gave even come close to addressing the question asked or sticking to the context in any fashion. undecided

Death was first declared and defined by God in the context of what is Genesis chapter 1 - 3, and not one mention of the word "forever" in context. So I want to understand why you brought the "forever" into the context,especially with what God made clear in Genesis 3 vs 19 -22 undecided
God did not define death in Genesis. He mentioned it as Adams judgement. Now because the word of God did not stop at genesis, we learn form John that all men would live again. Link to 2 scripture and your question is answered.
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by Kobojunkie: 2:36am On Apr 21, 2022
tctrills:

God did not define death in Genesis. He mentioned it as Adams judgement. Now because the word of God did not stop at genesis, we learn form John that all men would live again. Link to 2 scripture and your question is answered.
God did just that in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22. undecided
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by tctrills: 2:48am On Apr 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
God did just that in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22. undecided
He did not but you are free to quote
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by tctrills: 2:51am On Apr 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 undecided
None of those verses stated that the goats are of his flock why did you assume such. Again none of those verses suggest that the goat hear his voice on the other hand, it shows that the goat do not hear his voice.
Please highlight the verse that says the goats are his flock and they hear his voice. I have all the verses below

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by Kobojunkie: 2:56am On Apr 21, 2022
tctrills:
He did not but you are free to quote
God said, "from dust you were made, to dust you shall return" as the definition of death for Adam(and others like him), this in Genesis 3 vs 19 undecided

And in Genesis 3 vs 22, kicks man out of the garden of Eden so he, Adam, is never able to eat from the eternal life(forever), and so had no afterlife or eternal life or forever to his being. undecided

All this comes together to mean that since Adam was created from the dust of this earth - he didn't exist before this -, just as God decreed it, Adam's end came when he died- he was returned back to the elements he was made from I.e. he ceased to exist upon his death. undecided
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by Kobojunkie: 2:59am On Apr 21, 2022
tctrills:
None of those verses stated that the goats are of his flock why did you assume such. Again none of those verses suggest that the goat hear his voice on the other hand, it shows that the goat do not hear his voice.
Please highlight the verse that says the goats are his flock and they hear his voice. I have all the verses below

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Verse 32 tells you they were gathered... like a Shepherd gathers His flock. undecided

Also if you read the parable of the 10 virgins in Matthew 25 vs 1 - 12, in that Parable, Jesus Christ tells if how all 10 were brides for the bridegroom to come, but only those brides to take enough oil for their lamp will be allowed into the wedding to in fact meet the groom, while the others, though also brides meant to wed the bridegroom would be abandoned in the outside darkness. undecided
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by tctrills: 3:10am On Apr 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Verse 32 tells you they were gathered... like a Shepherd gathers His flock. undecided

Also if you read the parable of the 10 virgins in Matthew 25 vs 1 - 12, in that Parable, Jesus Christ tells if how all 10 were brides for the bridegroom to come, but only those brides to take enough oil for their lamp will be allowed into the wedding to in fact meet the groom, while the others, though also brides meant to wed the bridegroom would be abandoned in the outside darkness. undecided
It says divided not gathered and it never stated they were his flock. I am not sure we are reading the same bible here oh. How does the story of the virgins concern resurrection and goats. Again, where did you read that the Goats were of his flock?
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by tctrills: 3:12am On Apr 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
God said, "from dust you were made, to dust you shall return" as the definition of death for Adam(and others like him), this in Genesis 3 vs 19 undecided

And in Genesis 3 vs 22, kicks man out of the garden of Eden so he, Adam, is never able to eat from the eternal life(forever), and so had no afterlife or eternal life or forever to his being. undecided

All this comes together to mean that since Adam was created from the dust of this earth - he didn't exist before this -, just as God decreed it, Adam's end came when he died- he was returned back to the elements he was made from I.e. he ceased to exist upon his death. undecided
We all agree Adam died. It was clearly stated in Genesis. Genesis did not tell us weather he would resurrect or not but we read john to learn that.
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by tctrills: 3:15am On Apr 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:

He shall divide them as a shepherd divide his sheep from the goat. It never said from his goat. Clearly the Goat are not his. He knows them not
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by tctrills: 3:25am On Apr 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
If they are of his flock, how come he does not know them. Jesus never lies. All would stand before him on that day but the unrighteous are not of his flock. They are strangers to him. He clearly stated, he does not know them. On the other hand, he said my sheep would hear my voice not my sheep and goat would hear my voice. He never said that the goat would hear his voice, you added that. The goat do not hear his voice rather, they reject his voice
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by Kobojunkie: 4:11am On Apr 21, 2022
tctrills:
It says divided not gathered and it never stated they were his flock. I am not sure we are reading the same bible here oh. How does the story of the virgins concern resurrection and goats. Again, where did you read that the Goats were of his flock?
Read verses 32 where you are told they were gathered from all nations. undecided
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by Kobojunkie: 4:15am On Apr 21, 2022
tctrills:

We all agree Adam died. It was clearly stated in Genesis. Genesis did not tell us weather he would resurrect or not but we read john to learn that.
undecided

God's Law in Genesis to Adam mentions nothing about resurrection, so I am not sure why you are all over the place with this. undecided
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by Kobojunkie: 4:16am On Apr 21, 2022
tctrills:
He shall divide them as a shepherd divide his sheep from the goat. It never said from his goat. Clearly the Goat are not his. He knows them not
The goat are not His yet He commands them and judges them? undecided
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by Kobojunkie: 4:20am On Apr 21, 2022
tctrills:

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

If they are of his flock, how come he does not know them. Jesus never lies. All would stand before him on that day but the unrighteous are not of his flock. They are strangers to him. He clearly stated, he does not know them. On the other hand, he said my sheep would hear my voice not my sheep and goat would hear my voice. He never said that the goat would hear his voice, you added that. The goat do not hear his voice rather, they reject his voice
obviously from the above, those mentioned as doing wonderful works in His Name believe in Him as well. undecided

When Jesus Christ says He does not know them,He ofcourse means they are not His servants though they are in His flock. Jesus Christ told many parable explaining this to His followers. undecided
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by Dtruthspeaker: 4:41am On Apr 21, 2022
tctrills:

My point is, since we all have disobeyed God at one time or the other, We shouldn't act like we are any better than Adam. We do the very same everyday.

True!
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by tctrills: 10:05am On Apr 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
obviously from the above, those mentioned as doing wonderful works in His Name believe in Him as well. undecided

When Jesus Christ says He does not know them,He ofcourse means they are not His servants though they are in His flock. Jesus Christ told many parable explaining this to His followers. undecided
You want to interpret for Christ. When he says he does not know them, it means they are not a part of his flock. He said I know my sheep.
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by tctrills: 10:08am On Apr 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The goat are not His yet He commands them and judges them? undecided
He is the Judge of all. You are only assuming. Like I said earlier, not one verse says the goats are part of his flock. You don't need to be his to be under his command. At the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow.
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by tctrills: 10:08am On Apr 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
undecided

God's Law in Genesis to Adam mentions nothing about resurrection, so I am not sure why you are all over the place with this. undecided
The bible did not end in Genesis.
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by tctrills: 10:11am On Apr 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Doing wonderful things in his name does not make you his flock. Today, there are so many that use the name of Christ for many wonderful things are you saying that anyone using the name of Christ for miracles is of his flock? So far you have not found a single verse that says the goats are of his flock. What did you assume such.
Again even if we pretend that the Goats are of his flock, where did it say that the goat would hear his voice. He says my sheep hear my voice. So how did you get the notion that the goat hear his voice.
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by Maynman: 10:13am On Apr 21, 2022
tctrills:

Neither did it start in Genesis.
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by Kobojunkie: 3:39pm On Apr 21, 2022
tctrills:
1. Doing wonderful things in his name does not make you his flock. Today, there are so many that use the name of Christ for many wonderful things are you saying that anyone using the name of Christ for miracles is of his flock? So far you have not found a single verse that says the goats are of his flock. What did you assume such.
2. Again even if we pretend that the Goats are of his flock, where did it say that the goat would hear his voice. He says my sheep hear my voice. So how did you get the notion that the goat hear his voice.
1. It means you believe the make has power. And recall what Jesus Christ said of even those who believe. undecided

2. There is no pretense being made here. Matthew 25 points out there are brides from the groom who will not enter in to Him, the Goats in the flock who will be damned to Hell instead or being given access to Heaven. undecided
Re: Adam Is Not The Cause Of Mankind's Problems by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On Apr 21, 2022
tctrills:
I didn't ask you to tell me of the entire Bible either. . undecided

God's Law and judgement as given to Adam is documented in those 3 chapters and it is there God explains what Death means. God never promised eternity(forever) , resurrection etc., in His first Law to man. So I don't see why you can't seem to focus on the context. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Discussions With Religious Hypocrites / The Gospel Faith Mission International (GOFAMINT) / Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.