Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,100 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:14 AM

Dear Nigerian Women 2 - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dear Nigerian Women 2 (2596 Views)

Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women / Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb / Lady Advises Nigerian Women To Allow Their Husbands Cheat, Have Sex Outside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Klass99(f): 12:17pm On Apr 30, 2022
cool

10 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 30, 2022
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES

Nigerian men from all epochs have always supported our strong, beautiful, unique and special Nigerian women not to be housewives. God bless all of you (gracious Nigerian women) for me.

In archaic Africa, women were as employed as men contrary to the misinformation that women were housewives in the days of our forefathers.

JOBS SHARED BETWEEN WOMEN AND MEN
1. AGRICULTURE/ FARMING

Women cultivated and sold more crops than men. All vegetables like water leaf, pumpkin, pepper , coco yams and water yams were cultivated and traded by women.
The major crop planted by men was yam. It is why in some parts of Africa that would later become enclaves in Nigeria, there was a festival for yam harvests. Men also planted palm trees, rubber, plantain, bananas etc. There were crucial reasons men planted these crops.
Women were responsible for weeding even the fields cultivated by the men. They supervised the kids to weed too.
Women to men contribution to agriculture in pre-colonial Africa is 50:50 for me since men also manufactured storage facilities like barns and tools like hoes.

2. ENERGY
Wood/firewood was the major energy source. Women and Men were equally responsible for the provision of energy. A 50:50 for me.

3. Entertainment
Women were dancers and singers while men were drummers, singers and masquerades. A 50:50 for me.

4. Traders
Both men and women traded equally. A 50:50 for me.

5. Religion

MALE DOMINATED JOBS
1. Hunting
2. Fishing
3. Engineering ( building huts(houses), blacksmithing ( bow, arrows, machetes, knives etc), carpentry (barns , wooden hoes etc).
4. Palm wine/ alcohol production
5. The Judiciary.

FEMALE DOMINATED JOBS

1. Chemistry Related Jobs
Yes, just like food scientists of today take credit for inventing flavours for noodles, the delicious African delicacies we enjoy today are the efforts of our intelligent African women.

2. Factory Managers
i. Cassava processing to Garri etc
Ii. Fractional crystallisation of salt.
iii. Palm oil processing to various products.
iv. Soap production.

3. Water supply:
Without strong irrigation systems, women provided water from streams to their households and for commercial purposes.

4. Midwifery/ Female orthopedics and Nursing
Midwives were respected by the society. If a midwife delivered a woman whose husband desperately needed a son of a male baby she could get as much as a goat, 20 tubers of yam, five chickens etc as payment. Now imagine the midwife's husband was a palm wine tapper, it means the midwife generated more income for her family than her husband.

In the 20th century, things started to change...
Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 30, 2022
undecided

5 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Magnoliaa(f): 1:12pm On Apr 30, 2022
Toplap:

How does this help to empower the Nigerian woman. No be lessons in history we dey find, you one remain for this thread looking for trouble

Babe, ignore him. When he tire, he go vamooze.

Let him stay here and continue posting, jare. He'll be such a great comic relief to bant over. cheesy That's one thing he'll be useful for at least.

6 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 30, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Babe, ignore him. When he tire, he go vamooze.

Let him stay here and continue posting, jare. He'll be such a great comic relief to bant over. cheesy That's one thing he'll be useful for at least.

I don't understand some of this men

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by CHoccolaTE: 1:31pm On Apr 30, 2022
Magnoliaa:

grin grin

Why you too like lie like this? Last you checked? You should check again because YOU quoted her. And she's right.

There's even a rdpll thread for you to complain about the woes of women. Go do that there. You'll find support there. Your responses has nothing to do with THE TOPIC or HER POINT about men invading here.

Now, stop rubbing it in if you truly don't give a fk. I dare you to stay away. Prove that right.

Don't mind that guy. After quoting me to write jaga jaga he came back to say I am not the one he quoted.

I didn't even answer him again because he sounded like a confused person.

7 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 30, 2022
Toplap:

How does this help to empower the Nigerian woman. No be lessons in history we dey find, you one remain for this thread looking for trouble

I'm coming from a historical perspective to prove that empowerment by employment alone does not = Independence of women.

Let's face it, there's no connect that anyone will give you on this thread that will make you more famous before the end of 2022 than Osinachi the Gospel singer who was reportedly murdered by her husband's domestic violence consistency.

Osinachi was the bread winner of her family. It was the talent of her amazing worship voice that brought food to her husband and children yet the superstar who performed before hundreds of thousands of people was still dependent.

Employment is a necessity while Independence is a choice and a difficult decision to make. Possession of resources alone does not give any group independence. If it did, Nigeria would have gained independence before 1960.

I am here to help you unlearn the traditional inherited trait of dependency so that you can learn the subtle art of independence. You'll appreciate my effort when I'm done.
Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 30, 2022
ETHICALLYrlght:

I'm coming from a historical perspective to prove that empowerment by employment alone does not = Independence of women.

Let's face it, there's no connect that anyone will give you on this thread that will make you more famous before the end of 2022 than Osinachi the Gospel singer who was reportedly murdered by her husband's domestic violence consistency.

Osinachi was the bread winner of her family. It was the talent of her amazing worship voice that brought food to her husband and children yet the superstar who performed before hundreds of thousands of people was still dependent.

Employment is a necessity while Independence is a choice and a difficult decision one to make. Possession of resources alone does not give any group independence. If it did, Nigeria would have gained independence before 1960.

I am here to help you unlearn the traditional inherited trait of dependency so that you can learn the subtle art of independence. You'll appreciate my effort when I'm done.

undecided

3 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 30, 2022
Toplap:

undecided

Understand that for decades Black South Africans fought hard to end apartheid but it didn't end until the last white president of South Africa - F. W. de Klerk convinced his white dominated government to end apartheid. It was when Nelson Mandela came out of prison.

The many battles black slaves fought against slave owners in Americas and the new world ended in futility until William Wilberforce moved a motion at parliament to end slavery. He convinced other white people to join him. Slave trade was criminalized and previous slave owners were prosecuting adamant slave owners.

History has shown that for an oppressed people to be empowered, there must be partnership with the dominant class that must be invited to participate. For instance, a total overhaul of anti-women laws in this country cannot be achieved without the approval of the male dominated legislature.

If you want to go about your empowerment by hating and segregating men, it will be fruitless.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 30, 2022

3 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Graxie(f): 2:07pm On Apr 30, 2022
Focus, focus my sisters.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 30, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Graxie(f): 2:27pm On Apr 30, 2022
Toplap:

angry How will someone focus when you check, only to see loooonnnggg annoying texts in history lessons nobody asked for? The thread says Dear Nigerian Women and people who are not women, will not go away or post positive content. They are just making the thread looonnng for nothing and the essence of it will soon be lost. I dey provoke

Don't worry, they know what they are doing, nairaland is a large family, they know how liberating this thread will be for some women. The fear of freedom. Just ignore, our women must get it right.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 30, 2022
Toplap:

Please post things that will help my life and ministry not this academic text book on history it is not helping. Poco.hantas created a document on upwork to teach people, she dey share knowledge steady and useful tips. People have started their self employment journey because of her. If you mean business and don't want to derail then do what Klass.99 said and stop this abeg. Give correct resources that will better lives not lectures and sermons

There are a plethora of threads in the business section that can help a girl become self-employed but I want to come in from the angle of independence because employment and independence are not mutually inclusive.

Trust me there are hundreds of threads in the business section that will teach you how to engage in different types of businesses. The connection that gave me my first million was gotten from Nairaland while I was still a student.

If you're looking for employment then you can visit the career or Job/vacancies sections frequently and you may find a job you like.

If you have money to invest, you can visit the Investment section to learn about investment ideas.

If you are looking to study outside the country or fair immigration deals, then there's an Education and Travel section for you.

Just try visiting those sections frequently, there are hundreds of opportunities there.

The only sections of Nairaland that are uncomfortable for women are "Romance" , "Family" and "Celebrity" sections. That is why I doubted the thread Creator's intention to empower women.

I will be breaking the RULE 1 of Nairaland if I post details of employment/investment/business on this family section. That is why I have chosen to give ideological empowerment to our women here.
Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 30, 2022
Magnoliaa:

grin grin

Why you too like lie like this? Last you checked? You should check again because YOU quoted her. And she's right.

There's even a rdpll thread for you to complain about the woes of women. Go do that there. You'll find support there. Your responses has nothing to do with THE TOPIC or HER POINT about men invading here.

So if you know you don't have a bleeding, stnking hole in between your legs, be a sensible alpha male and allow women beneath you to stew in a pool of misandry.

We KNOW. We are MISANDRISTS and we accept it.

Now, stop rubbing it in if you truly don't give a fk. I dare you to stay away. Prove that right.

I never said I was an alpha male so I have nothing to prove to you...I can stay for as long as I like

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Magnoliaa(f): 2:53pm On Apr 30, 2022
sollolucci77:
I never said I was an alpha male so I have nothing to prove to you...I can stay for as long as I like

Oh, wow. Nice. Awesome then. I thought you were one of them. It's nice to see a man who isn't going on about being all alpha and shit.

Nobody is saying you cannot stay, we are saying, "stay on course." Address the point of the thread, as your earliest comments did nothing of such. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 30, 2022
To be independent, females need to learn the way of life of The Alpha Man and try to imitate him in a feminine way.

As an Alpha, I'm ready to empower and teach you these skills for free...
Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 30, 2022
ETHICALLYrlght:
To be independent, females need to learn the way of life of The Alpha Man and try to imitate him in a feminine way.

As an Alpha, I'm ready to empower and teach you these skills for free...

grin grin grin grin grin ;Dthis guy...no use laughter kill me abeg
Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 30, 2022
sollolucci77:

grin grin grin grin grin ;Dthis guy...no use laughter kill me abeg

Women empowerment is no joke to me.

We must do our best to give our females a comfortable society.

We must treat them fairly and respect them in words and in deeds.

I STAND FOR WOMEN EMPOWERMENT!
LET IT BEGIN!
Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 30, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Oh, wow. Nice. Awesome then. I thought you were one of them. It's nice to see a man who isn't going on about being all alpha and shit.

Nobody is saying you cannot stay, we are saying, "stay on course." Address the point of the thread, as your earliest comment did nothing of such. smiley

Okay then...let me help yall, the best way for you ladies to be empowered is to not get married....because yall are strong and independent...if you get married...your husband will control you which is what I'm sure you dont want, and if you're dating..prove to the man that you dont need his money smiley my own 2 cents
Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by satandeterrible: 3:16pm On Apr 30, 2022
This is why Nigerian women will perpetually continue to be useless.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Magnoliaa(f): 3:21pm On Apr 30, 2022
sollolucci77:
Okay then...let me help yall, the best way for you ladies to be empowered is to not get married....because yall are strong and independent...if you get married...your husband will control you which is what I'm sure you dont want, and if you're dating..prove to the man that you dont need his money smiley my own 2 cents

Thank you. We definitely agree that marriage favors men and we'll do well to keep away from it. Thank you for admitting that marriage robs a woman of her independence and puts a man in control of a woman.

Yes, everything in dating too would be 50-50 in toto. Equality in relationships is what we'll strive to achieve. No gender roles, nothing. I'll especially like a boyfriend who'll come prepare food for me when he gets back from work after 7 p.m. I don't need to ask any money from him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 30, 2022
sollolucci77:

Stop setting unrealistic standards for our strong women.

Independent straight men love women and tight V.

Same way independent women deserve every good thing including a veiny phallus.

Abi you want make independent woman die because of Konji ? grin

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 30, 2022
satandeterrible:

Please don't derail this EMPOWERMENT THREAD.

Please I beg you.

Let's give women a safe space.
Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 30, 2022
I am here to teach you independence and the tactics to employ so that your husband does not control you.
Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 30, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Thank you. We definitely agree that marriage favors men and we'll do well to keep away from it. Thank you for admitting that marriage robs a woman of her independence and puts a man in control of a woman.

Yes, everything in dating too would be 50-50 in toto. Equality in relationships is what we'll strive to achieve. No gender roles, nothing. I'll especially like a boyfriend who'll come prepare food for me when he gets back from work after 7 p.m. I don't need to ask any money from him.

Lmao...but you said no gender roles so why should he cook for you?...my dear you wont find any guy in this country who will cook for you sha oo grin
Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 30, 2022
sollolucci77:

Lmao...but you said no gender roles so why should he cook for you?...my dear you wont find any guy in this country who will cook for you sha oo grin

I grew up in a family where I started cooking at the age of 9.

There are many of us good men out there who are ready to serve our princesses and empower them.
Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 30, 2022
ETHICALLYrlght:
I am here to teach you independence and the tactics to employ so that your husband does not control you.

They dont need husbands oo...because us men are evil and we are the enemy...there is no need for them to marry.
Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 30, 2022
sollolucci77:

They dont need husbands oo...because us men are evil and we are the enemy...there is no need for them to marry.

Yes, many men are evil apart from me, their sons and their baby brothers.

TO BE HONEST WE NEED TO PROTECT OUT WOMEN.

I'LL PARADE THE BIGGEST OFFICES SINGING WOMEN EMPOWERMENT.

THIS IS 2022, THE YEAR FOR WOMEN EMPOWERMENT!
Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 30, 2022
satandeterrible:

My guy please dont derail this thread...allow them to be empowered..let them be liberated from men such that if they need help lifting heavy objects or working machines...they can call their female friends instead of men...please they need freedom
Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 30, 2022
ETHICALLYrlght:

Stop setting unrealistic standards for our strong women.

Independent straight men love women and tight V.

Same way independent women deserve every good thing including a veiny phallus.

Abi you want make independent woman die because of Konji ? grin

grin grin grin
Re: Dear Nigerian Women 2 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 30, 2022
CHoccolaTE:

Don't mind that guy. After quoting me to write jaga jaga he came back to say I am not the one he quoted.

I didn't even answer him again because he sounded like a confused person.

My dear please I'm sorry embarassed I didnt know I quoted you before...please forgive us beta males undecided...it wont happen again!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

White Girl Marrying Nigerian Man / Cinderella Might Not Be Suitable For Kids Bed Time Stories / Should I Give Her An Engagement Ring?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.