Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Can A Guy Be Too Busy For You And Still Love You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Guy Be Too Busy For You And Still Love You (3445 Views)

How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? / Could This Guy Be The Sexiest Short Guy On Nairaland / She Wants You And You're Too Busy For Her... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Guy Be Too Busy For You And Still Love You by temiade(f): 6:09pm On Jul 11, 2011
So there is this guy. He has recently started a new real-estate business that requires a lot of travel.
He only calls his gf once a week to see how she is doing. His excuse - Nigeria is soo hard (He just finished MBA from
top school in Europe) and he has to travel to different states to actually meet stakeholders in person so
that he can land contracts and stuff. Every time gf calls, he is either getting on a plane or getting off one (she can
hear the airport announcements in the background). Guy wants to be a naira billionaire within 5 yrs. Already made
a 100million naira in 2 years since business started.
Is it jusifiable that there is no time to call dis girl in his quest to make money? or is it normal to talk to a girl u love
once a week?

NB:They have a long distance relationship in which guy is no longer in Europe but girl is and he sees her
every eight weeks (for 5 days).
Re: Can A Guy Be Too Busy For You And Still Love You by 190: 6:21pm On Jul 11, 2011
Huh?

Re: Can A Guy Be Too Busy For You And Still Love You by Zahnda(f): 6:35pm On Jul 11, 2011
Too busy = Not that into you. Even military soldiers call their SO inbetween blowing up people, and being busy trying to remain alive kicks the crap outta Real Estate busy.
Re: Can A Guy Be Too Busy For You And Still Love You by temiade(f): 6:39pm On Jul 11, 2011
Zahnda, u make a lot of sense. tnx
Re: Can A Guy Be Too Busy For You And Still Love You by justwise(m): 7:20pm On Jul 11, 2011
temiade:

So there is this guy. He has recently started a new real-estate business that requires a lot of travel.
He only calls his gf once a week to see how she is doing. His excuse - Nigeria is soo hard (He just finished MBA from
top school in Europe) and he has to travel to different states to actually meet stakeholders in person so
that he can land contracts and stuff. Every time gf calls, he is either getting on a plane or getting off one (she can
hear the airport announcements in the background). Guy wants to be[b] a naira billionaire within 5 yrs.[/b] Already made
a 100million naira [/b]in 2 years since business started.
Is it jusifiable that there is no time to call dis girl in his quest to make money? or is it normal to talk to a girl u love
once a week?

NB:They have a long distance relationship in which guy is no longer in Europe but girl is and he sees her
every eight weeks (for 5 days).
How many [b]millions makes a billion ?
Re: Can A Guy Be Too Busy For You And Still Love You by temiade(f): 7:22pm On Jul 11, 2011
@Justwise, dats not the point. I guess d answer is 1000 millions makes a billion. But that's besides d point/
Re: Can A Guy Be Too Busy For You And Still Love You by justwise(m): 7:30pm On Jul 11, 2011
temiade:

@Justwise, dats not the point. I guess d answer is 1000 millions makes a billion. But that's besides d point/

That guy got no time for ur friend, even if he hits that billions in 5yrs, he will still not have time for her.
Re: Can A Guy Be Too Busy For You And Still Love You by temiade(f): 7:52pm On Jul 11, 2011
its just so difficult explaining to her. sometimes he comes back in "begging mode" and it is also obvious
he has no one else. Only thing i feel is dat, he is probably looking for someone else cos i think
he is stalling her. As soon as he finds another person, he ll be gone.
but he has promised her marriage though.
IMO, some ppl are getting into dis marriage game in naija cos of pressure
not based on strong compatibility or strong feelings for each other.
I dont see y he promised her marriage when he is not all dat into her. SMH
Re: Can A Guy Be Too Busy For You And Still Love You by MMM2(m): 8:11pm On Jul 11, 2011
op
how is it ur business? angry
Re: Can A Guy Be Too Busy For You And Still Love You by 190: 8:12pm On Jul 11, 2011
M M M:

op
how is it your business? angry

She don dey calculate the millions already

Tell me how she knew he has such money in 2years

WOMEN!!!!!!!
Re: Can A Guy Be Too Busy For You And Still Love You by temiade(f): 8:29pm On Jul 11, 2011
lmao @ calculating millions. Its my closest cousin in dis ish, dats y its my business, OKAY?
I know about d money cos she tells mii everything, and of course her bf tells her and shows her some
of these things. afterall they r 2geda. she knows some of d hotel/commercial construction projects he gets,
i am rily close to her so i h8 to see her go through
such a difficult problem.
Re: Can A Guy Be Too Busy For You And Still Love You by 190: 8:32pm On Jul 11, 2011
^rubbish - instead of you or your cuzin to go and get some million projects

you're both calculating millions for someone

Keep deceiving yourselves

Nor be Nigerian girls una be

If the guy like travel go space go find money

as long as hes coming back home in 10years time with millions

You and your cuzin would wait - nor be money una dey find beforeĀ  undecided

Re: Can A Guy Be Too Busy For You And Still Love You by temiade(f): 8:40pm On Jul 11, 2011
@190, i hv seen many of your posts and u r always jesting or dissing.
sha be gentle with me o. i am jus seeking opinions
Re: Can A Guy Be Too Busy For You And Still Love You by MMM2(m): 12:02am On Jul 12, 2011
Op
Re u an igbo girl ? angry
Re: Can A Guy Be Too Busy For You And Still Love You by omega25red(m): 12:10am On Jul 12, 2011
op
your cousin knows what the deal is already home boy is after money. she knows how hectic his schedule is in his pursuit of that money so she can either stay and be supportive or leave and possibly regret it.
if i were you i wont give her any opinion about what she should do because come tomorrow if they marry she will still turn around and say you were jealous which is why you adviced her to leave him or if she leaves him she will turn around and say you didn't want her to be happy which is why,

so i would just be supportive if i were you and i will keep my opinions to myself

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy Be Too Busy For You And Still Love You by Tosinville(m): 12:33am On Jul 12, 2011
^^
Re: Can A Guy Be Too Busy For You And Still Love You by pleep(m): 3:12am On Jul 12, 2011
Nlanders never cease to amaze me with stoopid answers.

@poster the dude probably needs 'your friend' more than she needs him. Keep in mind it's going to be hard to find true love when your that wealthy.
Pursuit of money does this to almost anyone, I've seen it.
Haha hopefully this is gunna be me in a few years undecided
Re: Can A Guy Be Too Busy For You And Still Love You by temiade(f): 4:06am On Jul 12, 2011
@ M M M, our family isnt igbo; we r a mix of other groups in naija (me and cousin).infact our extended families r full of all kinds of ppl from all over. we r all very close so all dis ethnic ish = non issue
@ omega25red, you have a point; I didnt think of dat, but u right-i might end up being blamed. Meanwhile, I am not giving unsought advice though,
she keeps coming to talk and seek emotional and psychological support as well as advice. But I will tread softly. I dont want trouble; infact, if it gets too much,
I will keep away.
@pleep, if he needs her more than she needs him, then y doesn't he call enough?is it really possible to call d one u love only once a week?? do any of u guys do dat or have u done dat inĀ  d past while in love?
Re: Can A Guy Be Too Busy For You And Still Love You by pleep(m): 4:20am On Jul 12, 2011
Once a week? Well she is definatly not on his mind very often. undecided
Re: Can A Guy Be Too Busy For You And Still Love You by african1(f): 4:40am On Jul 12, 2011
I am sorry but I don't think he is that into her, There are people who travel alot yet contact their loved ones on daily basis, and he can't seem to do that. undecided
Re: Can A Guy Be Too Busy For You And Still Love You by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 12, 2011
Why doesnt she do the calling since he is Mr busy but if a guy loves you he'll definately call you more than once a week he is not carrying a whole tree to make the call it just a featherweight phone so actually there is no excuse and i do hope you know alot of lasting marriages are not contracted on love but mutual understanding.
Re: Can A Guy Be Too Busy For You And Still Love You by kpolli(m): 9:51am On Jul 12, 2011
he sees her every 8 weeks, abeg the guy tries jo. . . .

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Know When To Kiss/touch Her? / What Intimidates You In An Opposite Sex? / How Do Girls React To Underwear Gifts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.