Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,639 members, 7,854,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 12:06 AM

Thousands Flee Maiduguri - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thousands Flee Maiduguri (6124 Views)

Thousands Flee Borno Communities After Fresh B’haram Attacks / Drama At DSS As Marilyn Ogar Is Transferred To Maiduguri, Then Recalled / Thousands flee fighting in Nigeria as UN Warns Of Nigeria Refugee Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by Onlytruth(m): 7:26pm On Jul 13, 2011
Posted by: ekt_bear

Hehe. Real Jews defeat Islamic hordes and their allies, fake Jews (Igbo) make threats, lose large chunks of their land within the first few months of fighting, and then whine and complain about how the entire world came against them.

And then mock ancient peoples who did far more than their own ancestors did.

Imagine, [b]your entire SE zone can nearly fit into Oyo State. [/b]Just to give you an idea of how indolent and weak your own ancestors were. Hiding in the bush in fear of the slave raider

In terms of the hiearchy of martial prowess of groups in Nigeria before the 1900s, Igbos rank probably near the bottom.

The entire state of Israel is not even a tenth of the size of Syria, yet everybody knows who the boss is.
Israel still sits on Golan heights and the Syrians dare not try to take it back. Note that Israel has not annexed it after almost 43 years.
They can, but they won't. That is how God's children operate.

If we got Biafra, we would be within our borders, but Oduduwa will shake if we get angry. That is just the way it is.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by NegroNtns(m): 7:27pm On Jul 13, 2011
Ekt,

Dude doesn't know history. If he does, should have recollected that Ilorin was lost in an act of treason and not war.

Oyo reinforced and massacred the fuilani as they beat a retreat back up to Sokoto.

If it wasn't for Oyo beating them back the whole of Niger state and Borgu wuld be ruled by Fulani today.

Afonja surrendered the flag to them and that's why the only thing they have in Ilorin is the throne, but not the land, or the culture or the language.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by ektbear: 7:29pm On Jul 13, 2011
Hehe. Indeed. Most of these Igbo folk who talk about Ilorin simply have no clue.

@Onlytruth: The difference is, you aren't Jews, and we aren't Arabs. As I said, Jews in the same position in 1967 would have won. You on the other hand lost cool

I fear no man and no peoples in West Africa (and most of the rest of Africa), let's put it that way.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by NegroNtns(m): 7:30pm On Jul 13, 2011
Onlytruth:
Meanwhile as we speak, Israel is FIRMLY within the borders of Israel, but even far away Iran DARE NOT talk when Israel is talking.

Walahi if we got Biafra, we would make sure yall never even breath though still firmly within our borders.

That is the way of God's children. God's chosen ones! 

So u saying you ae Jew?

Jews don't loose wars. You lost the first war you ever fought in your history.

How do u explain that?
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by EzeUche(m): 7:30pm On Jul 13, 2011
I cannot wait to see a Biafra nation as well as a Oduduwa nation. Let the rivalry begin!   grin
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by EzeUche(m): 7:31pm On Jul 13, 2011
ekt_bear:

Hehe. Indeed. Most of these Igbo folk who talk about Ilorin simply have no clue.

@Onlytruth: The difference is, you aren't Jews, and we aren't Arabs. As I said, Jews in the same position in 1967 would have won. You on the other hand lost cool

I fear no man and no peoples in West Africa (and most of the rest of Africa), let's put it that way.

If you know history. . .

Israel was supported by the US and the UK. Two powerful allies who provided them with weapons.

Tell the full story.

Biafra was isolated.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by Onlytruth(m): 7:31pm On Jul 13, 2011
If the Biafran Expeditionary force (BEF) was not put under the command of a coward by the name of Victor Banjo, the war would have gone a different way, and it took us 2 days to reach Ore.
We could have taken the whole Yorubaland in one week.

So for us to fight the whole world for 3 years is a feat no African group has ever achieved.
That is good enough for me till next time.  cool
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by NegroNtns(m): 7:32pm On Jul 13, 2011
Psychologically we already conquered you!

We made you prisoners to your properties in Yorubaland so you will endure any abuse in our hands to keep and retain posession of the properties.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by ektbear: 7:32pm On Jul 13, 2011
EzeUche:

If you know history. . .

Israel was supported by the US and the UK. Two powerful allies who provided them with weapons.

Tell the full story.

In the 6 day war (in 1967)?

EzeUche:

Biafra was isolated.
Such is life. You must play the hand you are dealt in life.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by Onlytruth(m): 7:33pm On Jul 13, 2011
Posted by: EzeUche

I cannot wait to see a Biafra nation as well as a Oduduwa nation. Let the rivalry begin!

LOL. I already know what would happen. We would have a strong base in Lagos, and if Oduduwa make any noise, we would attack and teach them a long awaited lesson.
I can't wait. cool
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by EzeUche(m): 7:41pm On Jul 13, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: EzeUche
LOL. I already know what would happen. We would have a strong base in Lagos, and if Oduduwa make any noise, we would attack and teach them a long awaited lesson.
I can't wait. cool

Ekt bear already knows my opinion about wherever Igbo populations reside. grin
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by sley4life(m): 7:48pm On Jul 13, 2011
I heard it cost as much as N15,000 from Maiduguri to Abuja.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by NegroNtns(m): 8:03pm On Jul 13, 2011
I can't wait. 

You don't need to wait. We know what you would do.

Like in Maiduguri now, you would flee and not stay to claim your property.

Like in ohaji and irete, both in Imo, you will carry placards and go to protest on bini-ore road.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 13, 2011
japan and germany lost ww2

they are behemoths today

biafra lost, today they are whining and chest beating, whichever suits their mood.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by Onlytruth(m): 8:09pm On Jul 13, 2011
The truth is that your weak @ss is clinging to the Nigerian nightmare because you are afraid of what would happen if Biafra comes to be.
Note that you are not passionately canvassing for Oduduwa nation. You dey fear.
I dream for a day there would be Biafra and Oduduwa. Then we would have the opportunity we've long awaited.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by Onlytruth(m): 8:10pm On Jul 13, 2011
Posted by: oyb

they are behemoths today

biafra lost, today they are whining and chest beating, whichever suits their mood.

Actually we own large parts of Yorubaland, and will defend it with arms when Nigeria disintegrates. cool
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by EzeUche(m): 8:11pm On Jul 13, 2011
oyb:

they are behemoths today

And they still remain [b]SOVEREIGN [/b]nations.

I fear you know nothing about the world.

I hope you know what the bolded word means. But you can always use Google if you do not know.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by ektbear: 8:29pm On Jul 13, 2011
Igbos are great at fighting wars in words or on paper. Definitely phenomenal oratory. "No force in black Africa. . ", I think what was Ojukwu said.

Unfortunately, not so good when the rubber actually meets the road.

I am not one to pray for war, but if that day comes, we shall see what is real and what is fake.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by Onlytruth(m): 8:34pm On Jul 13, 2011

Igbos are great at fighting wars in words or on paper. Definitely phenomenal oratory. "No force in black Africa. . ", I think what was Ojukwu said.

Unfortunately, not so good when the rubber actually meets the road.

I am not one to pray for war, but if that day comes, we shall see what is real and what is fake.

If you tell yourself the truth, you would at least acknowledge that Biafra lost because all the nations that mattered internationally supported Nigeria. Simple fact.

Imagine if only Cameroon supported Biafra! Just imagine that. Forget about world powers of the time.
If Cameroon supported Biafra, we would have won.
We could not win without that support.
We still fought though. cool
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by ektbear: 8:40pm On Jul 13, 2011
Unfortunately, your "us vs. the world" theory isn't supported by facts (carefully read and digest this, for example: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/report/1984/SMR.htm).

Anyway, you are entitled to believe whatever you like; it is a fine story to comfort yourself with.

Just know that if that day comes and if you lose, those who you fight against will ensure that you will never have the ability to fight again.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by nethacker(m): 8:42pm On Jul 13, 2011
Onlytruth:

If you tell yourself the truth, you would at least acknowledge that Biafra lost because all the nations that mattered internationally supported Nigeria. Simple fact.

Imagine if only Cameroon supported Biafra! Just imagine that. Forget about world powers of the time.
If Cameroon supported Biafra, we would have won.
We could not win without that support.
We still fought though. cool
but una no win na grin grin
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by Onlytruth(m): 8:56pm On Jul 13, 2011

Unfortunately, your "us vs. the world" theory isn't supported by facts (carefully read and digest this, for example:

Anyway, you are entitled to believe whatever you like; it is a fine story to comfort yourself with.

Just know that if that day comes and if you lose, those who you fight against will ensure that you will never have the ability to fight again

We've had 40 years to study our defeat and we know where the real enemy is now.
Let's just say that if we pick up a gun again, run for your dear life because it will be self evident that we have learned.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by ektbear: 9:01pm On Jul 13, 2011
Onlytruth:

We've had 40 years to study our defeat and we know where the real enemy is now.
Let's just say that if we pick up a gun again, run for your dear life because it will be self evident that we have learned.

The day you pick up a gun is the day I wlll pick up mine. Heh. As I said, I fear no man or ethnic group in West Africa. If it is time for tribal war, then so be it.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by NegroNtns(m): 9:04pm On Jul 13, 2011
I already told them what ekt_bear just said.

They should thank their Chineke that Gowon was in power and not Murtala or Obasanjo. They would never have been allowed to resettle their homelands.

They bragged about their mightiness in 67 and Ojukwu, in his disillusion concluded Yoruba is a easy walk over. Let's go conquer Oduduwa land.

The idits beat a retreat at Ore when Yoruba boys showed up.

They went into population, took off their uniform and disowned Ojukwu and Biafra.

The stubborn ones were littered along the road, limbs separaed from torso.

Where is the mightiness now?

Wait, we are waiting with you. . . .this time, you will be chased out of your fatherland and resetlled in Central Africa. Cameroon self don't want you.

None of your neighbors like or want you. What does that tell you?

Igbo mightiness is on paper and internet and radio.

Oduduwa mightiness is proven on ground and recorded in history.

Ordinary nomad cow herder came in your heartland twice and killed you, after killing you on his land, and then to add salt to injury violated the pride of your culture, first in 2009 and then in 2011, but yet you are mighty and spoiling for what you will do if yu get Biafra.

For now we know what you won't do due to your impotency, . . . .

You wouldn't dare break out of Nigeria prior to obtaining pernmission from Yoruba and Hausa.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by Onlytruth(m): 9:06pm On Jul 13, 2011

The day you pick up a gun is the day I wlll pick up mine. Heh. As I said, I fear no man or ethnic group in West Africa. If it is time for tribal war, then so be it.

Dude, frankly, you don't know yourself well.
You will run, trust me. cool And if you don't, we will conquer you in one week.
Minus the northerners in 1967, we would have done just that.

I'd say that yall have been the luckiest group in west africa. But you know that luck runs out.
Yours will run out one day, mark my words.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by ektbear: 9:11pm On Jul 13, 2011
As I said before, great oratory, lovely boasts about what would have happened if not this or that.

But when the rubber meets the road, incompetence, failure and utter defeat.

Anyway, perhaps one day we shall see.

And regarding running? All I can do at that is laugh. If that day comes, it will be you fleeing into refugee camps, not I cool
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by NegroNtns(m): 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2011
The northerners defended their territory, Yoruba defended their territory and the side that delivered the most assault and demolition on you was yoruba.

Do you recount the gallkantry of Obasanjo and Adekunle?

Beside, that wasn't ojukwu's assessment. He lied to you are mightier than Nigeria. Today you still lying to yourself about that fantasy.

So you fear hausa but don't fear Yoruba? Is that right?
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by emmke(m): 9:14pm On Jul 13, 2011
@Onlytruth na talk u sabi. Bla bla bla. U against the world? Do u know that russia alone can annihilate your biafra in 24hrs, if they really want to? Pls quit spewing trash cos everything u've been sayin make no sense.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by EzeUche(m): 9:14pm On Jul 13, 2011
ekt_bear:

As I said before, great oratory, lovely boasts about what would have happened if not this or that.

But when the rubber meets the road, incompetence, failure and utter defeat.

Anyway, perhaps one day we shall see.

And regarding running? All I can do at that is laugh. If that day comes, it will be you fleeing into refugee camps, not I cool

Too bad our rivalry will not be the greatest rivalry in Africa.

That distinction goes to Ethiopia and Somalia.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by EzeUche(m): 9:15pm On Jul 13, 2011
emmke:

@Onlytruth na talk u sabi. Bla bla bla. U against the world? Do u know that russia alone can annihilate your biafra in 24hrs, if they really want to? Pls quit spewing trash cos everything u've been sayin make no sense.

They can also do that to Nigeria so what is your point?
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by dempeople(m): 9:37pm On Jul 13, 2011
All of una no dee tire sef? 

Igbo this Igbo that, Yoruba this Yoruba that, SE this, SW that. Ah Ah ? ? ? ? ? ?  angry angry angry angry

When will it all end?

I tire for una ooo. It just doesn't end.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by aljharem3: 9:41pm On Jul 13, 2011
dem_people:

All of una no dee tire sef? 

Igbo this Igbo that, Yoruba this Yoruba that, SE this, SW that. Ah Ah ? ? ? ? ? ?  angry angry angry angry

When will it all end?

I tire for una ooo. It just doesn't end.

ah ah ah

e no fit end oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Phase Of Nigeria Was/Is Better? ; The 1970-1980s, 1990s Or The Millennium? / Name National Library After Achebe: Reps To FG / I Shall Remain Lawful No Matter The Provocation- Sheriff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.