Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,037 members, 7,845,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Thousands Flee Maiduguri - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thousands Flee Maiduguri (6114 Views)

Thousands Flee Borno Communities After Fresh B’haram Attacks / Drama At DSS As Marilyn Ogar Is Transferred To Maiduguri, Then Recalled / Thousands flee fighting in Nigeria as UN Warns Of Nigeria Refugee Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by Obiagu1(m): 10:17pm On Jul 12, 2011
Talkyaown:

this spare part seller called Obiagu1, my advice for you is to stick your gun where it belongs, u know nothing about the southwest or any other part of the country except your region

At least I have something that I'm known for. Manufacturer and distributor of spare parts to you.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by Roland17(m): 10:20pm On Jul 12, 2011
are we sure BADLUCK alias ODECHUKWU is not from sleep island? people are dying. 
Breath of fresh air indeed,
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by Obiagu1(m): 10:24pm On Jul 12, 2011
Now I know it's easy to take over Nigeria. If your group is willing to die, first wipe out all the police stations, threaten government institutions, banks and schools and all we shut down overnight. The police will run, the civilians will run and what will remain is just toothless military wondering around empty streets.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by Tinax(f): 10:28pm On Jul 12, 2011
this is no good nwes atall. Pls na by force to post for NL?, considrin some comnt above with out sense!
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by EzeUche(m): 10:33pm On Jul 12, 2011
Obiagu1:

Now I know it's easy to take over Nigeria. If your group is willing to die, first wipe out all the police stations, threaten government institutions, banks and schools and all we shut down overnight. The police will run, the civilians will run and what will remain is just toothless military wondering around empty streets.

It is easy for the North to take over. I think many Northerners sympathize with them. That includes Northern elements within the military.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by Obiagu1(m): 10:36pm On Jul 12, 2011
If Boko Haram wants to bring the government and the military down their knees begging, they should simply leave a few men in Maiduguri to keep the already over-stretched military there busy, then move to Bauchi and create the same environment as in Maiduguri. More soldiers will be deployed in Bauchi.

They'll keep relocating until there won't be any more soldier left in the barracks and the resources won't be there to continue fighting Boko Haram.

The President should better call for a SNC as soon as possible.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by Obiagu1(m): 10:39pm On Jul 12, 2011
EzeUche:

It is easy for the North to take over. I think many Northerners sympathize with them. That includes Northern elements within the military.

Exactly. I'm now seeing that all Nigerian gara gara is when it pertains to the Igbos. Now there's a problem to solve and they are still running around hunting down harmless and non-violent MASSOB.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by ndigbo: 11:00pm On Jul 12, 2011
Oga GEJ, please act fast your fellow Nigerians are not finding it easy atall. Don't sit in comfort of the villa and do nothing to the yarnings of the masses.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by hackney(m): 11:20pm On Jul 12, 2011
When did the U.S predict nigeria will split again?
think it was 2012.

The boko haram will not settle in the S.E like they are toying with all those S.W kwara and so on.
People can be so different.Lol.
stereotypically speaking. grin
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by deadie(m): 11:21pm On Jul 12, 2011
There was this paedophile (Piss Be Unto Him) . . .
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by Tyche(m): 11:34pm On Jul 12, 2011
THis handshake don dey pass elbow.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by born2boink(m): 11:35pm On Jul 12, 2011
my Mum called them Boko Arab
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by HisExcellencyBKNjoku: 11:49pm On Jul 12, 2011
^ LOL, Boko Arab grin

@thread!
Is goodnews, people are now learning that is no longer safe out there Maduguri and is environs.

Government berra act fast, and stop the killing of innocent lives. Or, if spliting will do the magic, they shouldn't delay. . . ?
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by aikuda(m): 11:52pm On Jul 12, 2011
This is really getting out of hand o! What are the leaders of this country doing to solve this problem. I know its not easy to fight a faceless enemy but there has to be something we can do. I feel sorry for my innocent northern brothers who suffering right now. Nigerians of all stripes should stand with them.

As I said before, it looks like our leaders are secretly wishing for this BOKO HARAM people to succeed so that the country can be broken up. They may all pretend that they want one Nigeria, but I am beginning to suspect that everybody is just folding their hands and waiting for that ONE moment.

You maybe surprised as we are here screaming Jonathan, all the various leaders are with their sectional groups planning on what to do. Scary, right?

Just saying,
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by Obiagu1(m): 12:05am On Jul 13, 2011
Is this the beginning of "to thy tent oh Israel"?
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by ebere1712: 12:42am On Jul 13, 2011
And didn't the nysc mallam refuse to relocate corpers from war zones. Haha that man is a buffoon.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by Onlytruth(m): 12:55am On Jul 13, 2011
The foolhardy of some of my Igbo brothers is astounding. How can anyone in his right senses buy a house or land in a place where he cannot defend his property with weapons? Is it that I understand the value of money more, or that folks are simply "money miss road"?

I would rather blow my money on self indulgence (and there are millions of them I can pick from cool), than buy a piece of land outside the range of my defense ability. . . which explains why I (so far) seldom buy lands outside Igboland.

I think we (Ndigbo in the SE) should chase back these so called refugees to go back and fight for their properties. cool
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by aljharem3: 12:58am On Jul 13, 2011
Onlytruth:

The foolhardy of some of my Igbo brothers is astounding. How can anyone in his right senses buy a house or land in a place where he cannot defend his property with weapons? Is it that I understand the value of money more, or that folks are simply "money miss road"?

I would rather blow my money on self indulgence (and there are millions of them I can pick from cool), than buy a piece of land outside the range of my defense ability. . . which explains why I (so far) seldom buy lands outside Igboland.

I think we (Ndigbo in the SE) should chase back these so called refugees to go back and fight for their properties. cool

with what grin grin grin grin bombs

or u too what them to carry bombs and aks
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by Onlytruth(m): 1:01am On Jul 13, 2011
On a serious note, I stopped sympathizing with my Igbo refugee returnees years ago. If they cannot fight for their property outside Igboland, they should not be buying them. Simple.

Soon other Igbos will start to feel the same way
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by EzeUche(m): 1:07am On Jul 13, 2011
Onlytruth:

On a serious note, I stopped sympathizing with my Igbo refugee returnees years ago. If they cannot fight for their property outside Igboland, they should not be buying them. Simple.

Soon other Igbos will start to feel the same way

Let us hope they were only renting while they were busy building their homes in their village.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by NegroNtns(m): 1:08am On Jul 13, 2011
Onytruth,

Trust me, after this passes and there is a Nigeria left, your brothers will go back and prove with their "ego", rather than their senses. . . . That they have wealth. What better way to show than building a palace far better than one burnt down in last riot.

Igbos are not smart!
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by Onlytruth(m): 1:11am On Jul 13, 2011
^^
My friend sharraaap dia! I didn't ask your opinion. angry
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by NegroNtns(m): 1:13am On Jul 13, 2011
Lol, . . . Painful truth eh?
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by Onlytruth(m): 1:17am On Jul 13, 2011
^^
The painful truth is that Nigeria is a deceptive and devious country. Nothing is as stated. Else, why would anyone be talking about self defense in a country where there was a bloody civil war, and the same people building houses outside their ethnic base were forcefully returned to the federation.

Why were they forced back?

Igbos are slow to anger, but move out of the way when we eventually get angry.

The message in my post is clear to Igbos.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by NegroNtns(m): 1:20am On Jul 13, 2011
Onlytruth, pls go tell Gov Obi to provide transpoirtation to all Igbo refugees fleeing the North, not just Anamabra ppeople. That is bad relations with your neighboring states.

Tell am carry Ijo people too.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by Onlytruth(m): 1:23am On Jul 13, 2011
^^
So have you told Fashola to evacuate Yorubas in Borno?
You are more worried about Igbos than your own folks. Are they (Yorubas) that useless to you? LOL!  grin
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by NegroNtns(m): 1:26am On Jul 13, 2011
Yorubas know what to do. We don't need government involvement.

It might not be clear to you but The situation is clear to us.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by Onlytruth(m): 1:28am On Jul 13, 2011
hehe! "Yorubas know what to do"

Flee like bats out of hell! grin grin

Tell me when your people ever fought in the north. Freaking cowards. cool
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by NegroNtns(m): 1:42am On Jul 13, 2011
We have sense to not fight enemy in his own land. Unlike Igbo wearing his ego on his forehead and getting slaughtered left and right.

We use sense, you use ego.

Look who is complaining about genocide.
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by Onlytruth(m): 1:44am On Jul 13, 2011
^^
There is time for everything under the sun; so says the holy book.

There is time for peace and war. The problem is that your folks think there is only time to run away. Unacceptable to Igbos.

Even if you may die or lose, it doesn't mean you must NEVER fight.
Get the gist?
Re: Thousands Flee Maiduguri by hamzasko(m): 1:48am On Jul 13, 2011
prayers is key! may ALLAH See us tru!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kano Lawmakers Reject Amendment To Ramadan Bill / I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon / Understanding The Yoruba Sudden Love For The SS Without NAFDAC Approval

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.