Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,144 members, 7,821,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5445726 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 7:11am On Mar 17, 2012
Sophiemore1 or whatever you call yourself. I've been trailing ur posts on this thread and I discovered they're always full of hatred, jealousy, sarcasm and words of discouragement to good pple of the forum. I'm now convinced beyond reasonable doubt that you're a BIG TIME SADIST. My advice to you is that u to should try and make just a little contribution so pple can thank u. May be then u wount be filled with bitterness when people make positive contributions to the thread. Henceforth, the deities of FTA are watching you and will strike u whenever you try to pull anybody down.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 7:35am On Mar 17, 2012
Life is good only if you do good
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adewest(m): 9:14am On Mar 17, 2012
Why all these hmmn lipsrsealed
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 12:26pm On Mar 17, 2012
@adewest,
Top of the weekend to you. Its so nice of you to stop by. We hope you'd do this more frequently?

@Ameboperoo
@Adex70,
@obnelly,
@all,

Thanks for holding brief for me. You guys are what this forum needs to move forward.

We must never allow ourselves to be distracted by individuals whose sole aim is to drag everybody down with them. No doubt, we can gain nothing from exchanging expletives with each other while the primary purpose of FTA remains unattended to. We must never lose track of the fact that while we waste time over trivial, petty issues, the wheels of technology turns on and on and if we're not careful we risk being left behind. As mature minded folks therefore, we must remain focused and true to our passion. Whatever will not promote the goals of FTA, whatever will not further the unraveling of technology for the common good, whatever will at the end of the day be a fruitless effort aimed at promoting individual ego, we must turn a blind eye to it.

Thanks once again for being there for me. I believe together we can continue to break the myth!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 12:51pm On Mar 17, 2012
Pidzo:
If you move your cursor over anybody's name this data is made available wink
@Pidzo:
Thankx very much bros and I hope you are having an xplicit Samedi in Malawi.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 2:27pm On Mar 17, 2012
Ameboperoo: Sophiemore1 or whatever you call yourself. I've been trailing ur posts on this thread and I discovered they're always full of hatred, jealousy, sarcasm and words of discouragement to good pple of the forum. I'm now convinced beyond reasonable doubt that you're a BIG TIME SADIST. My advice to you is that u to should try and make just a little contribution so pple can thank u. May be then u wount be filled with bitterness when people make positive contributions to the thread. Henceforth, the deities of FTA are watching you and will strike u whenever you try to pull anybody down.
You have said the sooth. the "Gods" of FTA have seen it so. VIVa FTA
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 7:14pm On Mar 17, 2012
williams85: is there any recieving grts om ab3 @5w? Mine is red.
But other channels are loud and clear.
Thank you
Hi Williams85 and Brite02 GRTS is live and kicking on AB 3 5.0W. Only that it has disguised itself as TV 1 - 4125 H. Try .4125 H 3571. Tried posting some pics but the system did not allow me
Thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 9:10pm On Mar 17, 2012
George_D: @adewest,
Top of the weekend to you. Its so nice of you to stop by. We hope you'd do this more frequently?

@Ameboperoo
@Adex70,
@obnelly,
@all,

Thanks for holding brief for me. You guys are what this forum needs to move forward.

We must never allow ourselves to be distracted by individuals whose sole aim is to drag everybody down with them. No doubt, we can gain nothing from exchanging expletives with each other while the primary purpose of FTA remains unattended to. We must never lose track of the fact that while we waste time over trivial, petty issues, the wheels of technology turns on and on and if we're not careful we risk being left behind. As mature minded folks therefore, we must remain focused and true to our passion. Whatever will not promote the goals of FTA, whatever will not further the unraveling of technology for the common good, whatever will at the end of the day be a fruitless effort aimed at promoting individual ego, we must turn a blind eye to it.

Thanks once again for being there for me. I believe together we can continue to break the myth!

@George_D:
Right on the money, sir! Right on the money. Moderator, please let the terms upon which this forum was created be respected to the letter.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 9:41pm On Mar 17, 2012
George_D:

I couldn't have said any better, what a way go, THUMBS UP,bro.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 9:44pm On Mar 17, 2012
simniboma:
Hi Williams85 and Brite02 GRTS is live and kicking on AB 3 5.0W. Only that it has disguised itself as TV 1 - 4125 H. Try .4125 H 3571. Tried posting some pics but the system did not allow me
Thank you

Thanks will give a try.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oladat(m): 11:00pm On Mar 17, 2012
Brite02:

Thanks will give a try.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 17, 2012
@sophie @george_D @all Let us know that no body is important than the other cos two is always better than one. Lets work in love in other to achieve great things and submit all the swords cos divided we loose. At all, we should always honor the founders so that we can live long and exploit. I have learnt so much here from everybody. Even some questions here are sometimes eye opening to learn more. Finally, this is the reason why we should admonish and guide each other instead of threading words. I wish the two will settle the misunderstanding and there we goes.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 11:30pm On Mar 17, 2012
[color=#770077][/color]@ George-d what a way to show the great leader God have destine u to be in this forum, ride on continue to brake the migth, @adewest it is been long u say hi tous here even all thi
e new bee will not know who is adewest but all thesame wellcome
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by brainy02: 6:30am On Mar 18, 2012
@all, pls i need answer to this questions pls pls and pls again cos i know u guyz are alwayz there to help.

1. Like how many metre dish can i use to track aljezeera sport channels.
2. Where is more preferable, is it on badr or nilesat?
3. Pls how do i get an aljezeera card?
4. Any idea of there yearly subscription.

Pls i need the answers, abeg oooooo
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 9:04am On Mar 18, 2012
@all do we all still have the interest of hunting birds at heart?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 18, 2012
@miju, that na jamb question oh? Let me answer you in my own little way.yes if d bird has good freebies & host station dat shows epl & other top european leagues
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by brainy02: 11:34am On Mar 18, 2012
brainy02: @all, pls i need answer to this questions pls pls and pls again cos i know u guyz are alwayz there to help.

1. Like how many metre dish can i use to track aljezeera sport channels.
2. Where is more preferable, is it on badr or nilesat?
3. Pls how do i get an aljezeera card?
4. Any idea of there yearly subscription.

Pls i need the answers, abeg oooooo

pls this questions are begging for answers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 12:21pm On Mar 18, 2012
miju: @all do we all still have the interest of hunting birds at heart?
What a good question! I don't think people still LOVE hunting these birds. I still do it with all the passion. I have just finished hunting Measat 3/3a 91.5 degrees east although with limited success. My priority is FTA. cool cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 2:29pm On Mar 18, 2012
@brainy it all depend on ur location, but get 3.6mt dish u can get aljazera on badry or nilesat even hotbird, aljazeera is 20,000 above for one year excluding the buying of the card, u will get it and suscribe @ alaba i hope this help.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by brainy02: 7:42pm On Mar 18, 2012
Thanks guy for the answer. But i have only got 3metre dish, would that do it? And like how much do u have the idea the card will cost? Anyone else can help?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 11:42pm On Mar 18, 2012
@ brainy if u are in lagos 3mt is enough for u to get jsc on nile sat and u can add atlantic bird 7w to the nile sat at the same time, if u are in bayesta,delta,port then u can get itnon badry or better still motorised the dish u will get it on both hotbird and nilesat, i know the suscription is 20,000 a year but i dont know how much they sell. Or go for (cs) if u are using it @ home but to show ball u will not be able to split, no more question read the past tread.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by brainy02: 7:08am On Mar 19, 2012
Of what usefulness can 2.4m pan dish be? Cos i have a couple of people tag it useless, how true is this and can it be used to track nilesat and with what particular lnb?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chuckdee(m): 7:22am On Mar 19, 2012
@ George_D

Please I need to confer with you on a very urgent issue. Can you pls drop me a note on anyafulu@gmail.com and I will get back to you.

Thanks bro.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 9:33am On Mar 19, 2012
@ brainy if u are not very skillful u can not track nile sat in lagos with 2.4 but it is possible if u are good, iam using 2.4 pan curently and i want to upgrade it by moving to 3.2, on 2.4 u will not get the H transponder and ur aljazeera will be available only @7pm to 8am so ur choice.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by brainy02: 10:35am On Mar 19, 2012
Adex70: @ brainy if u are not very skillful u can not track nile sat in lagos with 2.4 but it is possible if u are good, iam using 2.4 pan curently and i want to upgrade it by moving to 3.2, on 2.4 u will not get the H transponder and ur aljazeera will be available only @7pm to 8am so ur choice.

adex beg drop me ur email make we pally small.... I go really need ur help abeg plus do u reside in lagos and where to be precise if it lagos.

My mail is brainycube02@yahoo.com

will be expecting bro
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 11:07am On Mar 19, 2012
My good people, this morning when on my way to work, I was listen to COOL FM news of 6:45am. I heard our Nigerian Satellite Nigcommsat1r has passed all the test and will commence service immediately. The satellite will therefore be officially handed over to the President GoodLuck Jonathan today before the service commences.

Let us wait and see.

My suggestion to them was;
1. This satellite is able to earn the FG revenue of over a trillion naira if fully utilised if the government is sincere.
2. They should introduce programs that will attract the people of Nigeria
3. Allow all the local stations in Nigeria be given affordable subscription access to the satellite as applicable in other Developed countries in the World.
4. Welcome contract from MBC group to transmit on Nigcommsat to provide stiff competition for DSTV so as to force the monthly charges down
5. Introduce sport channel like Nigsport 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 that will accommodate different types of sports as seen in AL Jazera, Supersport and Sky Sport etc. Let them bid for La Liga, Serial A, Premiership as gradual process and make them available to Nigerian at an affordable price far lower to that of DSTV.

Nile sat was lunched to chase DSTV out of the Middle East and Northern Africa because of DSTV's Monopolistic way of doing business (exclusive right so called).
Nigcommsat should be given power and well equipped to give DSTV run for their money. This will go a very long way in creating jobs opportunity for Nigerians and enable everyone in both the Rural and Urban Area to have complete access to information in Nigeria, hence reduce Rural-Urban migration drastically.

There are other benefit I believe this satellite will bring. But, let us wait and see if the FG will use this as an avenue to develop Nigeria or will succumb to DSTV game and exploitation.

Remain blessed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 11:07am On Mar 19, 2012
My good people, this morning when on my way to work, I was listen to COOL FM news of 6:45am. I heard our Nigerian Satellite Nigcommsat1r has passed all the test and will commence service immediately. The satellite will therefore be officially handed over to the President GoodLuck Jonathan today before the service commences.

Let us wait and see.

1. This satellite is able to earn the FG revenue of over a trillion naira if fully utilised if the government is sincere.
3. Allow all the local stations in Nigeria be given affordable subscription access to the satellite as applicable in other Developed countries in the World.
4. Welcome contract from MBC group to transmit on Nigcommsat to provide stiff competition for DSTV so as to force the monthly charges down
5. Introduce sport channel like Nigsport 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 that will accommodate different types of sports as seen in AL Jazera, Supersport and Sky Sport etc. Let them bid for La Liga, Serial A, Premiership as gradual process and make them available to Nigerian at an affordable price far lower to that of DSTV.

Nile sat was lunched to chase DSTV out of the Middle East and Northern Africa because of DSTV's Monopolistic way of doing business (exclusive right so called).
Nigcommsat should be given power and well equipped to give DSTV run for their money. This will go a very long way in creating jobs opportunity for Nigerians and enable everyone in both the Rural and Urban Area to have complete access to information in Nigeria, hence reduce Rural-Urban migration drastically.

There are other benefit I believe this satellite will bring. But, let us wait and see if the FG will use this as an avenue to develop Nigeria or will succumb to DSTV game and exploitation.

Remain blessed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 11:14am On Mar 19, 2012
My good people, this morning when on my way to work, I was listening to COOL FM news of 6:45am. I heard that our Nigerian Satellite Nigcommsat1r passed all the tests and will commence service immediately. The satellite will therefore be officially handed over to the president of Nigeria, President GoodLuck Jonathan today before the service commences.

Let us wait and see.

Remain blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by vicyear4us(m): 11:20am On Mar 19, 2012
Pls i need information i mean full detail about dream-box. what its can cost pls the guru it very urgent mail me on vicyear4us@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 11:46am On Mar 19, 2012
Since u are in lagos go for 3m.if u have 2.4m you can have mbc movies all for free.note nothing is free on hotird u have to subscribe to their bouquet.to enjoy your 3m or 2.4m u need to motorisr
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 12:40pm On Mar 19, 2012
@all pls bear with me for asking thes question. from the info on satstar.net, both 16 degree east (sub-sahara africa beam) & amos 5 @ 17 degree east(west central & east africa beam) is trackable using 50cm dish.
1. can i use one lnb on a 50cm dish to combine both, considerin the dish sizes needed.
2. any other working tp as the satlink tp on both lyngsat & flysat refuse to turn green.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 12:49pm On Mar 19, 2012
@vicyear4us,
You can contact badaru in Lagos for your dreambox.
I think he still has some quantity in stock.

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.