Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Can This Be Real Love Or Am I Being Scammed. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can This Be Real Love Or Am I Being Scammed. (1231 Views)

Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences / He Couldnt Even Wait To Excort me. Am I Being Used? Help! / Does My Ex Want Me Back Or Am I Being Used? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can This Be Real Love Or Am I Being Scammed. by shaggy93(m): 3:18am On Aug 09, 2007
Hello all, am new to this site, and frst time poster. Here is my question ( and please go easy on me) I met a girl on a dating website. She is from Ogun State, we exchanged pix and were chatting for about 2 days,when she started to profess her love for me. She is drop dead georgous, and by the way I think Nigeria has the most beautiful woman I have seen. My question is can this be real love, or am I on my way to heartbreak?
Re: Can This Be Real Love Or Am I Being Scammed. by Macgreat(m): 3:35am On Aug 09, 2007
It's not scam until she ask u for money.
Re: Can This Be Real Love Or Am I Being Scammed. by shaggy93(m): 3:50am On Aug 09, 2007
So are you saying if she asks me to help her with some money probs, it is definetely a scam?
Re: Can This Be Real Love Or Am I Being Scammed. by iice(f): 3:54am On Aug 09, 2007
Falls in love after 2 days? Una dey try o! All these delusions!
Re: Can This Be Real Love Or Am I Being Scammed. by acidrop(f): 3:58am On Aug 09, 2007
exchange pics, hw sure are u that she is the one in d pic?
Re: Can This Be Real Love Or Am I Being Scammed. by shaggy93(m): 4:00am On Aug 09, 2007
I asked her to go to a web cafe with a web cam.
Re: Can This Be Real Love Or Am I Being Scammed. by acidrop(f): 4:02am On Aug 09, 2007
ooo, ok, then so do u love her?
Re: Can This Be Real Love Or Am I Being Scammed. by shaggy93(m): 4:03am On Aug 09, 2007
I have very deep feelings for her, and I hope that her intentions are real.
Re: Can This Be Real Love Or Am I Being Scammed. by aikmamah1(m): 5:15am On Aug 09, 2007
shaggy u say u r 33 yrs? i no say nothing oooo

well call her on fone, at least be sure she is a female, it cld be a man posting female pics,

but one thing still baffles meooo, all these men wey find love for internet doz it mean they not fit walk up to wan and make their intention know, cos i dont c how u cld lose confidence in all the people u know come put am on some 1 u've not met. well i am just wondering
Re: Can This Be Real Love Or Am I Being Scammed. by olanajim(m): 9:29am On Aug 09, 2007
Aik.mamah, it is indeed possible to find real love on internet. I have subjected this to practical experience and I can say from my find there is 2 out 10 chance of developing lasting real life relationship on internet. It is in line with the reality. The trouble with most people is that they let their negative mindset and internal insecurity get the better of them. Most of them, expecially those who failed does so due to their ignorance of the reality.

So what is happening may become real only after the two had established long term communication. It is dangerous to fall in love within days of meeting someone on internet. It is a gamble.

My suggestion is that you get to know one another to satisfactory level before you plunge into intimacy.
Re: Can This Be Real Love Or Am I Being Scammed. by aikmamah1(m): 7:06pm On Aug 09, 2007
ok oooooo
Re: Can This Be Real Love Or Am I Being Scammed. by marlet01(m): 12:56am On Aug 10, 2007
shaggy93:

I have very deep feelings for her, and I hope that her intentions are real.
I hope so brother.
Re: Can This Be Real Love Or Am I Being Scammed. by jayvin01: 4:40am On Aug 10, 2007
To shaggy93 and aik.mamah!

shaggy, u said she should go on wecam rite? what if its a man and he use his female friend to display on cam huh!, dont dull urself, grin grin

aik.mamah, same applies to you, could be a guy behind the screen, even if he calls, it is very possible for him to give the fone to a lady and u wont kno nothin, wake up!!, something is definitely fishing, even physically, lov no dey happen in 2days!

my advise for u is to try and meet this girl physical for identity verifications!! ight grin grin

Re: Can This Be Real Love Or Am I Being Scammed. by Macgreat(m): 6:20am On Aug 10, 2007
@post 'respons 2 ur Q'
Yeah! 4 steps to scam,2 from her and 2 from.
Her 2 step- get u to fall in love and ask u for help or wateva she want.
U'r 2 step-fall in love with her and pay the money.

2 ste-p 2 ste-p 2 ste-p like that song. smiley
Re: Can This Be Real Love Or Am I Being Scammed. by menix(m): 12:36pm On Aug 10, 2007
Shaggy wat exactly did u tell her, May be u told her u gat a money tree behind ur house. so y wont she fall, my brother u need meeting her one on one,
Re: Can This Be Real Love Or Am I Being Scammed. by fawwyb(m): 1:36pm On Aug 10, 2007
Mind you, not until see ask you for money that u can detect scam, she may ask you to do her a favour by cashing some money via fake cheques that will be posted to you or tell you that she wants you to send her your account information so that some money will be transfered into the account by a foreign person,if you oblige, after the money has been sent to your account she may tell you to send her 80% of the money that you should hold the rest , then at the end of the day you will know that the money sent to your account is transfered illegally from someone else's account, mind you, you will be arrested.
That she showed herself on the cam doesn't mean that she is not being used as an instrument of scam
Internet dating is real but has been bastadised by some internet crooks who know nothing but to eat other peoples money.ok
Re: Can This Be Real Love Or Am I Being Scammed. by lizzy93(f): 4:24pm On Aug 10, 2007
I personally don't blive in online dating dnt know abt u but i think d best thing to do is to gv urselves time to get to know each other better, like some other members said 2 days is too soon to fall in love, know if d girl really loves u as she claims and u too hv to be sure its true love u feel not mere infatuation, hu knows u mite be lucky n at d same time it mite be sometin terrible.Wish u goodluck
Re: Can This Be Real Love Or Am I Being Scammed. by olanajim(m): 2:46am On Aug 11, 2007
Just like transacting business, Online dating had come to stay. All over the world internet is doing wonder in people's like. Some people are even contracting marriage online.

However, it is a well known fact that Nigerians 419 kingpins had made internet transactions, be it business or dating, a great risk. We are now at a situation where we are extra careful before making vital decisions. Until recently, some people do not believe internet jobs are real. I know of few guys who believe that people that would eventually selected are those who present hard copy of ther application, so they goes extra mile to submit that too.

In short, internet is a serious business nowaday. We must not just dismiss any activities done on it. Our pessimism is actually hurting us both local and abroad. Little wonder the civilized world avoid doing serious business of any nature with Nigerians online.

As for people disguising as opposite sex online, it is real. Yes. But only an idiot will get fooled by that trick. What gain is it for anyone? My experience with a guy underscores the seriousness of this matter. I kept telling him I am a man and he pestering me with love saying I am pretending to be a man when I am a man! He insisted on seeing my webcam. When I refused he kept trying to woo me until I had to do something drastic. I was both amused and embarrased.

The truth is ladies probably started the game in a bid to stave off cassanovas whose primary insticnt is all about dating and sex. Buth now, what do we get? A kickback.

Regardless of what anyone would say, only a fool will fall cheap to the trick. The rules are KEEP YOUR EMOTION IN CHECK, KNOW WHO YOU ARE DEALING WITH AND DON'T FALL "CHEAPLY" IN LOVE ON INTERNET.

Do your homework.
Re: Can This Be Real Love Or Am I Being Scammed. by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:21am On Aug 11, 2007
Professing love within two days. thats funny undecided, watch your back bro. undecided

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Consider Romantic? / Help! Lost G-string. / Long But I Really Need Help. :(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.