Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,901 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Why Do Women Think It's A Mistake To Tell The Truth - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Women Think It's A Mistake To Tell The Truth (2668 Views)

Roommate Is Sleeping With Our Landlord, Should I Tell The Landlord’s Wife? / Advice- “I Allowed My Best Friend Have Sex With My Wife, Have I Made A Mistake?” / How To Tell If A Girl Likes You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Women Think It's A Mistake To Tell The Truth by k0be: 8:38am On Aug 09, 2007
Kiss and tell
Some women feel it's a mistake to tell the truth, most especially the ones in relationships.
They say their lover will judge them for their past, if they tell the truths.
Some say it's a code of conduct: never put yourself in a position to break apart your relationship.
Some feel they're doing the guy a favor by keeping the truth far away from him.
Some say if he truly loves them he wouldn't care about their past.
Some say white lies are allowed and perfectly okay.
Some women say they're just protecting the guy's feelings because they don't want to hurt him, but I believe this kind of lie is for her own sake, to save her own precious butt.

With that said, I'm under the impression that too many women would pamper the truth and lie seriously enough to hold on to their relationships.
Is it worth it?

There are so many things they'd lie about that I can't even begin to list the majority here: Rape, abortion, drugs, sexual experiences, virginity, impregnation by another party, etc
Re: Why Do Women Think It's A Mistake To Tell The Truth by olanajim(m): 9:37am On Aug 09, 2007
Women who think it is a mistake to tell the truth are merely posponing the evil day. What happen when the man got the facts later and walk out of the relationship? Men are no fool. They should know that men's mind are complex. They need to realize every man had a unique way of thinking. Some men appreciate the truth, others would never show their mind.

Telling a man about your past or otherwise is subject to the man's peculiar nature. Know him before you lie to him.
Re: Why Do Women Think It's A Mistake To Tell The Truth by donfelix(m): 3:21am On Aug 21, 2007
man you are right they only want the real truth to me lies.lol
Re: Why Do Women Think It's A Mistake To Tell The Truth by BABEELOVE(f): 4:06am On Aug 21, 2007
@Topic

Because the men would never believe them anyway so why bother? undecided
Re: Why Do Women Think It's A Mistake To Tell The Truth by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 5:06am On Aug 21, 2007

Gentlemen.

From where is all of this information being given to you? It appears to be based on someone's opinion, versus fact.  While this is not true, some of these views (may) be,  being in a relationship is based on trust, and living in the present, prospering 2gether in the future,  Not continuing to reflect on someone's past.  People change, that includes MEN and women, and if you fell in love with the person for what they represent this day and time in your life,,  their past should bear little effect of how you progress together in life,  What matters MOST is having a positive mindset, that determines the final outcome of of weather or not you will make the relationship last. Only a person with a negative mindset, unable to control their reactions or emotions  will allow someone's past to interfere with establishing a solid foundation to build upon today and forward,       

If a man, or woman ask their partner about their past, then you must be willing to accept and live with an answer to that particular question that YOU asked.  Unless you are looking for a reason to be angry, or  break up, focus on buiilding together, and the added benefits the person brings into your life,  or people will always find themselves digging into history, when they can be living a very filling life with the person they fell in love with,         

We have got to stop sabatoging our OWN happiness  with this sort of meaninglessness,  as no man or woman is perfect, 

peace,,

Re: Why Do Women Think It's A Mistake To Tell The Truth by PTH(m): 5:11am On Aug 21, 2007
this is not true.
Most women ii have met have been upfront about their lives, infact the worst mistake a girl can do to me is to NOT tell me the whole truth from the word go.
Re: Why Do Women Think It's A Mistake To Tell The Truth by k0be: 6:56am On Aug 21, 2007
interesting responses. I guess I've been misinformed.
Re: Why Do Women Think It's A Mistake To Tell The Truth by iice(f): 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2007
Judge wetin? Is he blameless and perfect?. . .in a relationship am usually upfront. . .even if i like a guy, am upfront with things so that he knows what he is getting into
Re: Why Do Women Think It's A Mistake To Tell The Truth by jkpretty(f): 4:11pm On Aug 21, 2007
Women, women, women, are we d only ones on this earth?, why shld we be d ones u men shld know stuffs about (pasts, virginity, bla bla) oya all of u i give u d assignment to go & start tellin your partners about not what u did in d past alone, but what u just did, even recently, while dating.

Please give us a clean break, i think its just advisable to move on, what ever could have happened to a guy or lady is in d past. If u want to know what her/his life really was, u make ur enquiry be4 u start dating, not while dating & used as a bait 4 a break up later.
Re: Why Do Women Think It's A Mistake To Tell The Truth by k0be: 4:14pm On Aug 21, 2007
jkpretty:

u make your enquiry be4 u start dating, not while dating & used as a bait 4 a break up later.
that's good advice, but would she be upfront about it
Re: Why Do Women Think It's A Mistake To Tell The Truth by oracle99: 6:57pm On Aug 21, 2007
[b][/b] THE TRUTH IS THAT A GURL CANT JUST TELL THE TRUTH,,,,,,,,THATS WHY DEY THINK ITS A FAVOR THEY ARE DOING THE GUY THEY ARE DATING,LIKE WISE A GUY, ONLY THAT HE SEES NO REASON TO TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT THE PAST(EVEN IF ITS A SECOND AGO) because HE HAS PROBABLY FORGOTTEN ABOUT WHAT HE DID,HE JUST CANT REMEMBER, ABI NO B SO
Re: Why Do Women Think It's A Mistake To Tell The Truth by BlackMamba(m): 8:23pm On Aug 21, 2007
It's not about what women think. It's a big mistake. The most important thing to a real man, above everything including love, is his pride. If your truth hurt his pride, forget the relationship. It will only take a while for the whole thing to crumble. Trust is good if you don't provide him with facts to dispute the trust. If you f*ck up in a relationship, keep your mouth shut. If he is crazy in love with you, he needs no truth from you to stay. Admitting it, if he finds out never saves a relationship. It only gives him the much needed justification to leave. Men always need proof to break a relationship if doubt creeps in. If you deny them the proof, it always sucks. So, ladies lie, lie and lie your ass off. We will always leave when the issue of truth start popping up in a relationship. Why would you make a guy feel good leaving you? That's what truth gets you in a relationship. WOW, this is some crazy advice. But it's the truth. cool
Re: Why Do Women Think It's A Mistake To Tell The Truth by jkpretty(f): 9:49am On Aug 22, 2007
u are right, very right, but dat doesn't mean u shld keep doing wrong & lie to protect ur

relationship, becos there is something called nemesis. it does catch up.
Re: Why Do Women Think It's A Mistake To Tell The Truth by Osarodion(m): 10:23am On Aug 22, 2007
this is just the truth n nothing but the truth most ladies are liars,u just have to take it.it is their way of life even thou u love them and they know it.why don't u ladies stop doing wrong if u know u can't stand up for what u did.well it's natural all the same
Re: Why Do Women Think It's A Mistake To Tell The Truth by iice(f): 6:37pm On Aug 22, 2007
There was such a time that it was. . .men are cheats and liars. . .now it's women. . .and even more horrendous to hear is saying, it's the way of their lives. Natural? Tis ok to play coy and dodge stuffs when flirting, but when considering a relationship, best be upfront with things. . .time does reveal stuffs. And it usually isnt that pretty when things come to the light
Re: Why Do Women Think It's A Mistake To Tell The Truth by k0be: 6:39pm On Aug 22, 2007
iice:

Tis ok to play coy and dodge stuffs when flirting, but when considering a relationship, best be upfront with things. . .time does reveal stuffs. And it usually isnt that pretty when things come to the light
thank you o my sister. thank you na you biko oga pata pata. toh berra come in here and read this powerful post.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Beg For Your Advice / Jealousy Or The Right Thing To Do? / Wrong Comment: Men Can Cheat But Women Must Not Cheat In Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.