Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise (30500 Views)

I Refused My Husband From Sleeping With Me. See Why? / Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? / Living With My Married Elder Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Bignuell(m): 9:24pm On May 29, 2022
nkemdi89:
Your mum is supporting him underground, for the fact that he has children before you , he is tagged as the most responsible one , even in the community, he is more manly than you.
If we want to tag by society standard, a child born out of wedlock is what?? Let me give an instant, because his semen is able to fertilize an egg, he's a man right? Can we you now agree a barren woman is not fit to be call a woman because she can't bear children??. Two children out of marriage is responsible, a man like you said, that cannot speak in an orderly manner is responsible?? Una just dey suprise me for this Nland everyday. So because the OP choose to have children wetin the confines of marriage makes him less of a man

4 Likes

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by pussyeater(m): 9:25pm On May 29, 2022
Barrister026:
It's so annoying children of nowadays think because they got baby mamas up and down they got no respect for their elders, infact once they notice you haven't had a child yet no matter how old you are, they start looking at you like their age mates or even older than.

My kid bro who I single handedly passed down wears to back then has the audacity to talk to me anyhow just because he is a father of a 5 year old boy and another one is on the way. Well that's how he's been reason he toke a lot of beatings from me back in the days...

The recent happenings happened this morning after so many years, I came home for a very close relative's burial same with our eldest bro whose in his mid 30s. Discussion we were having, one thing led to another... this kid bro of mine flared up shouting at the top of his voice to my elder bro...mom telling him to shut up he's still talking...I immediately pounce on him in the presence of his wife and kid, I gave him the beating of his life, squeezed that his lip he was using to insult our eldest bro, not minding his wife watching.

Yes I'm angry with him, the day his wife gave birth out of wedlock, he was jubilating that he the last born first us to give our parent's a grand child. I say see this one, if I wanted to have kids I would have, how many ladies has tried to trap pregnancy on me all through this years. it's just man not yet ready yet, and been married don't Just freak me yet.

Mom been gingering me to apologise to him, but I refused? Why would I?

Yes I was wrong for beating him in the presence of his pregnant wife and kid, I didn't mean to embarrass him...I felt bad myself after the whole thing.. but before he was a husband he was first my kid bro.
You nor beat am well, you for panel beat all him face so he can learn his lesson and train his children not to be disrespectful to elders. Nonsense. na so I break bottle ontop my youngest brother head, till today, dem nor born am well make he raise him voice when I dey talk... mschewww

3 Likes

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Berankis: 9:25pm On May 29, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

What happened in your own fight with an adult?
My brother and I haven't spoken since 2011.
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by peedeeasobie(m): 9:30pm On May 29, 2022
Barrister026:
It's so annoying children of nowadays think because they got baby mamas up and down they got no respect for their elders, infact once they notice you haven't had a child yet no matter how old you are, they start looking at you like their age mates or even older than.

My kid bro who I single handedly passed down wears to back then has the audacity to talk to me anyhow just because he is a father of a 5 year old boy and another one is on the way. Well that's how he's been reason he toke a lot of beatings from me back in the days...

The recent happenings happened this morning after so many years, I came home for a very close relative's burial same with our eldest bro whose in his mid 30s. Discussion we were having, one thing led to another... this kid bro of mine flared up shouting at the top of his voice to my elder bro...mom telling him to shut up he's still talking...I immediately pounce on him in the presence of his wife and kid, I gave him the beating of his life, squeezed that his lip he was using to insult our eldest bro, not minding his wife watching.

Yes I'm angry with him, the day his wife gave birth out of wedlock, he was jubilating that he the last born first us to give our parent's a grand child. I say see this one, if I wanted to have kids I would have, how many ladies has tried to trap pregnancy on me all through this years. it's just man not yet ready yet, and been married don't Just freak me yet.

Yes I was wrong for beating him in the presence of his pregnant wife and kid, I didn't mean to embarrass him...I felt bad myself after the whole thing.. but before he was a husband he was first my kid bro.

You are truly foolish. You beat your blood brother and you are seeking advice from strangers
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by MrWraith: 9:30pm On May 29, 2022
See Nigerians applauding violence as necessary response to provocation. If you need anymore evidence as to why this country is going no where.
To Op you're very wrong for fighting an adult over verbal confrontation. If you were in saner climes you'll be arrested and charged for assault. Try to learn how to talk with your mouth not your fists. Your younger brother clearly isn't a bright fellow and fighting with him is stopping down to his level. Swallow your ego and apologize to him for getting physical but tell him to show respect for his elders. You guys (eldest bro and you) can always cut him of if he continues to be a nuisance.

2 Likes

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 29, 2022
You are wrong. What you did was assault no matter the reason.
I am training my boys never to resort to violence as a means of conflict resolution.
your eldest bro has more emotional intelligence than you and you still have a lot of growing up to do.
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by 1Sharon(f): 9:40pm On May 29, 2022
Awesomeking:
You are simply jealous of your brother.. The fact that you could boldly beat him up in presence of his bride to be as well as his child proves that him being close to getting married before you really bothers you and you simply wanted to belittle him.

Forever, that woman will never respect him as a husband and his child will never look up to him as a strong protector again.. Any small thing.. His wife can even make jest of him over the beating..

In your mind you were satisfying your jealousy by ridiculing your brother.. But you don't know you have simply brought upon yourself an enemy,if he is sharp enough to have a child and about to get married being the last born, then he is definitely sharp enough to know that you no longer regard him as a brother but only as an enemy..

Wetin your brother go do you back go worse pass the beating wey you give am � �.. Just dey watch your back and pray to God.... I hope you didn't tell him all this nonsense of him having a child as the reason for his disrespect.. Because you will only be giving him a weapon � � �.. If you no born pikin for this life again.. You know who to blame.. I just dey tell you fact.. Something wey u go settle family style.. You go embarrass full grown man in front of him woman and him pikin.. U Don buy market.
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by BRATISLAVA: 9:41pm On May 29, 2022
Berankis:

My brother and I haven't spoken since 2011.

Is that a good or a bad thing? Some people aren't worth speaking to.

2 Likes

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by greatfucker: 9:49pm On May 29, 2022
u are really lucky u have a weak younger brother

assuming I am ur younger brother hmmm,one of us will have been in moturaury while the other would be in jail

if I am ur younger brother I will apologize to the eldest bro for disrespecting him, why me and u will have a fantastic WAR
shameless, immature brother

1 Like

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by DrDunamis(m): 9:50pm On May 29, 2022
Barrister026:

You didn't do anything wrong.
He should come and apologise to everyone of you.
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Foreigna2: 9:51pm On May 29, 2022
ivolt:

Revenge is best served cold.

Cry me a river. Not everyone tolerates nonsense. If you do anyhow, you see anyhow.

3 Likes

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Mendy101: 9:52pm On May 29, 2022
Barrister026:

OP you are mad, jealousy will finish you
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by zayhal(f): 9:55pm On May 29, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/7009134/wife-beats-me-home-provocation/1

Op is single and in his mid thirties but in the thread above, he's married and edging 40. Someone is bored and catching fun on NL.

1 Like

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by BlessedOne259: 9:59pm On May 29, 2022
Barrister026:

Barrister026:
I know This will come of but am tired and frustrated, am not a weakling but my greatest mistake was to marry someone who is huge and bigger in size and strength than me. am a lanky dude edging towards my 40s, any small quarrels we had at home she use her strength to overpower me.. flogging me with my belt I used on my trousers and pressing me to the ground...I have tried several times to make her cry when the altercation leads to fight..but I can't she always overpowers me..all the people in the community nw is aware of it.
I might hit her once, she hit me twice.
Just a little words, she start cursing me out loud.

She even boast out loud to neighbors that she will wound me nothing I will do. I feel suicidal because of this, my families are ashamed of me, mediating in our affairs. The way she disrespect me in front of everyone is alarming.
I Know this will lead to several abuses here online, no worries but I really need help on how to curtain this situation.

The little money I earn can't satisfy her or her needs, she keeps on comparing me with other men.

We have 2 kids together, have thought about divorcing her several times, but the mental effects this has gotten on me is painful.

The insults you think you have crafted for me won't have any effects, because am seen worst from neighbors who knew about this my situation. Advice on what to do will be much appreciated

In your earlier post, you said you have a wife and two kids but imply you don't have a kid in this post. Abeg clarify.
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Beautygoddesss: 10:00pm On May 29, 2022
Op u should not haue beat him up in his family's presence especially in the presence of ur nephew.u for just give am one sound slap to reset the brain,am the eldest my kid bro nor try dat rubbish,he go collect better slap thank god my mum nor dey pet pikin.u Bleep up,u collect beat and slap
@op apologize to ur nephew and ur bro's wife but wait till ur kid bro apologize 2 everyone b4 apologizing 2 him.respect is reciprocal.if he nor fit respect himself with you nd ur family make he nor expect anybody to respect am.he even ist disrespected u and ur family in front of his wife and kid.
though violence/assault is not right he kinda deserved it
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by bummyla(m): 10:09pm On May 29, 2022
My rich uncle later became the poorest, died of High Blood Pressure, his wife ruined his business, she sees demons and evil spirit all the time, so to speak, was able to convince my uncle to sack all his mangers and make her the sole manager of his business.

She ended up crashing the business.

She is still alive, claiming to be a prophetess!

My Uncle the Pastor/Military man died last year

The fight happened after the buried their mother, their father died a long time ago.

You dont want to see my uncle when he is angry, only his voice that sounded like thunder will crush you.

My Father and his siblings had a wonderful relationship. The rich one apologized on his knees with his wife, after some wotowoto cheesy

For some reasons best known to my rich uncle before he died, he was afraid of his wife, she was and is the only one that is giving us headache in the family.

Klass99:

So am I.

@ Bummyla, what on earth possessed your aunty to say another person is not spirit filled enough to say prayers?

The saints of old (Moses, Elijah & Co) lived in a time when there was no Holy Spirit but they lived right and lived well, because they knew their God.Some believers genuinely shock and awe me, with the way they think and behave.

How were relationships between all parties after the beating? When military uncle was beating rich uncle and his wife, did their mother and your own parents try to intervene? I imagine rich uncle and his wife fought back or did just stand there and take it?

The tongue can really cause problems sha. But pls satisfy my curiosity. How did rich uncle and wifey die? Before their death, were things reasonably okay between everyone?

1 Like

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Zonefree(m): 10:10pm On May 29, 2022
DenreleDave:

In all ur comment, u must sha say sumtin like preek, oko, gbola and so on..

Why Ishilove?
Maybe cos she's sex starved.

Sex starved women always fantasize gbola alot.
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by 4richminds(m): 10:16pm On May 29, 2022
Your mum should call family meeting between you guys and solve everything amicably. Your mum has more work to do here, we call this home training.

1 Like

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by omolasho: 10:22pm On May 29, 2022
Ops, frankly i cringe reading through your narrative. Especially when you beat up your married younger brother in the presence of his pregnant wife and his child. In fact tears nearly role out of my eyes. He is an adult for goodness! Adults don't change but they are managed.

You have painted a negative life time pictures on the memory of your sister in-law and nephew, not only about yourself but of the whole family.

You are no better than your brother because you disobeyed your mother by choosing not to apologies to him. I must tell you this, you should also apologies to his wife and child also. Beg God for forgiveness and never thought of such anymore.

Hint: have you heard of siblings stabbing one to death during fights. Fight between adults are often bloody and deadly. That is why the governments of all countries criminalise it. Your brother had the ego inducement(humiliation before his dearest ones) to have did you blood if not your parents moral that still remains in him. Please go genuinely apologies fast!

1 Like

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:23pm On May 29, 2022
With due respect to the ops, without any insults intended, I think the moral compass of the entire family is poor.
In my family, nobody would brag about having a child out of wedlock. Can't happen. Even as old as I am, notwithstanding the level of independence I've attained today, and almost the entire house having to depend on me, having a child out of wedlock will cause me plenty of embarrassment.
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by PAQ(m): 10:47pm On May 29, 2022
Truly young ones of today are disrespectful & loud mouthed. But physical confrontation should not be the way adults settle differences because too many unexpected things could go wrong in the blink of an eye. What if in the process of beating him, you end up killing him or he kills you out of self defence, wetin you gain?

Your brother could have you arrested & prosecuted for assault & grievous bodily harm, atleast in saner climes. At the end what did you achieve?

Be the better person that you want to be. You have corrected him with beating, unfortunately. Now its time to apologize & show him love with words of wisdom. Its left to him to accept or not.
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by nfcshanghai(m): 10:57pm On May 29, 2022
Urheadmaster:
Better go get your own kids so that things will balance
You're a kid , just shut up

1 Like

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by nfcshanghai(m): 10:59pm On May 29, 2022
Barrister026:

You can only apologize to him if he apologized to your elder brother. Nwanne na man you be �

2 Likes

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Dailyparrot: 11:08pm On May 29, 2022
JovialJune:

Two fo.ols that lack home training, their concern is not the fact that the brother insulted and disrespected his elder ones, it is the beating that is your problem,

I have someone like you at home, he's the last born and only son, and we his elder ones are all females, he dare not say rubbish to us, anytime he sees us he dobale and give us our full respect,

Like I told another of your kind above, don't propagate the nonsense that goes on in your family on those that come from a sane family.

Pray you don't have someone like me in your family. You came from a supposed sane family yet you had to resort to insulting your generation to make a point even when the posts were not directed to you.

Matthew 5:22
whosoever shall say "Thou fool", shall be in danger of hell fire.

May the curse in your family continue to torment you all the rest of your life.
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Dailyparrot: 11:10pm On May 29, 2022
obinnashady:
Na your type dey collect better beating

Weyrey!!!! Na only mouth you get.when push comes to shove now, you'll hide like a snail in it's shell

How much you get

Bloody madafacka

Your mother is a motherfucker.

That's why she gave birth to an idiot like you.
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Dailyparrot: 11:11pm On May 29, 2022
doyin01:

EMPTY BARREL MAKES THE LOUDEST NOISE..

If you are empty, not everyone is. Try go physical with someone like me and regret the day your mother born you.
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Iykenuwa(m): 11:21pm On May 29, 2022
What you deserve is a bottle of Eva wine and a plate of peppersoup.

You did the right thing, defending your elder brother's honour.

He should be the one apologizing, not you.

Tell your Mum to relax, with all due respect.

1 Like

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by nkemdi89(f): 11:25pm On May 29, 2022
Bignuell:
If we want to tag by society standard, a child born out of wedlock is what?? Let me give an instant, because his semen is able to fertilize an egg, he's a man right? Can we you now agree a barren woman is not fit to be call a woman because she can't bear children??. Two children out of marriage is responsible, a man like you said, that cannot speak in an orderly manner is responsible?? Una just dey suprise me for this Nland everyday. So because the OP choose to have children wetin the confines of marriage makes him less of a man
We are talking about present day reality, if a man has a child out of wedlock no one frowns at him, instead to praise him for being responsible for accepting to father the child , remember he said the brother has done small introduction, if they are yorubas , na wife be that oh .
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by zomby(m): 11:31pm On May 29, 2022
Barrister026:

This your statement captured my attention.
The statement comes across as immature and a little jealousy.
How come your older brother didn’t defend himself? You should have allowed your older brother to handle his business..YOU’RE NOT HIS BODYGUARD

You may not know it or want to accept it, but something tells me that you are jealous of your little brother. May be because he has something you don’t have…You should know why.
Whether you want to apologize or not, it is your call , but the fact that the incident occurred right in the presence of his 5yr old son, don’t be surprised if you regret your action in future.

Part of qualities of a magnificent leader is knowing when he or she is wrong and when to apologize without any hesitation.

Good luck!
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by zomby(m): 11:44pm On May 29, 2022
Iykenuwa:
What you deserve is a bottle of Eva wine and a plate of peppersoup.

You did the right thing, defending your elder brother's honour.

He should be the one apologizing, not you.

Tell your Mum to relax, with all due respect.

In this kind of scenario I will not be surprised if the older brother isn’t even upset.
I feel that this dude has something very personal against his little brother. He used defending the older brother as an opportunity to beat up the poor boy right in front of his 5yr old son. That is not right.

There are various other civilized ways to defend your older brother, if that was our intention, but fighting like an area boy in front of a child isn’t one.

You’re not only supposed to apologize to your little brother, you must also apologize to his little son and the son’s mother.
That is the only way to show leadership and class, and then Move forward.

1 Like

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Organs(m): 11:45pm On May 29, 2022
Actually, I don’t blame you. I blame your brother for not doing the needful. If I’m in his shoes and you put your hands on me in front of my wife and son, I will just go get two agberos to come beat the shit out of you if I can’t do it myself. Your mumu head did not tell you you don’t use beating, physical assault or put your hands on anyone that has at least finished secondary school. You can yell at him, shout at him back or insult him for insulting your eldest brother, but you don’t ever put your hands on him. Trust me, his son will have that memory on his mind and will resent you.

1 Like

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Poleski: 12:08am On May 30, 2022
Barrister026:

You need to apologize to him ONLY after he apologizes to your elder brother and your mum.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How My Family Friend Accidentally Crushed His 4year Old Son's Hand / My Wife Had A Son For Another Man, What Should I Do? / I Made My Husband Impotent For Taking A Second Wife - Woman Confesses In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.