Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,553 members, 7,865,301 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:22 PM

Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government (17556 Views)

Lagos Government Begins House-to-house Sharing Of Stimulus Package To The Aged / Lagos Government Brought Foodstuff To My Doorstep.. Have You Gotten Your Own? / 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Topzee109: 12:25pm On Jun 03, 2022
Urheadmaster:
Okada riders somehow in one way makes several Lagos people's live easier sad

Banning them generally isn't going to work
Just one way of benefit

But they in many ways make life miserable for citizens
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by grandstar(m): 12:40pm On Jun 03, 2022
Lexusgs430:
They thought some of them could roast someone alive, gang up on motorists, become a menace on our roads ........

And not face consequences........... They should remember, if not for Tinubu, sanwo olu would have not become the governor........... cheesy grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Skmoda360(m): 12:47pm On Jun 03, 2022
SensualMan:
Sue them. Lagos belongs to everybody.

Just because Northerners are dealing with the Bourdilon thief in Abuja he thinks he can vent his anger and punish Northerners via banning okada that Northerners make off a living with in Lagos.
An Hausa man has equal rights as a yoruba man. Tinubu vi's Sanwo Olu has touched the tail of a tiger, we Northerners shall teach them a lesson in this lagos they somuch covet.

Tinubu, get ready for this fight.
Try nonsense they will waste all of you...you go think say na North you dey....ewúrẹ oshi

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Connected1: 12:48pm On Jun 03, 2022
DryMouth:

So lagos state govt shuld be thinking on providing alternatives for those useless northerners who do nothing aside causing havoc, mayhem and giving birth to unlimited number of children.

Nothern Nigeria is a curse to the development and civilization of this country.
Giving birth to many children is a Nigerian thing and not limited to the Northern People of Nigeria.

If I should ask, how many of them in your vicinity/state have you sensitized on the dangers of having numerous children or is it because you were privileged to have education, don't even tell me that they will attempt to lynch you in a Christian dominated area.

For the part of havoc and mayhem, only a kid without knowledge of Nigeria's history will say it's limited to the Northern People of Nigeria.
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Connected1: 12:49pm On Jun 03, 2022
PoliteActivist:

All you'll do is try to get another job, and if you can't you'll beg
You just spoke what you will do if you were in their shoes.

I am 100% sure you don't read minds.
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Skmoda360(m): 12:54pm On Jun 03, 2022
Iamyemmie:
Banning all Okada doesn’t make sense
It’s been causing a lot of stress for people
I waka tire today ,cos there are some places bus and keke can’t get to

They should just send this northerners back to their state if it’s because of them
The bolded has it.....
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Skmoda360(m): 12:57pm On Jun 03, 2022
DryMouth:

So lagos state govt shuld be thinking on providing alternatives for those useless northerners who do nothing aside causing havoc, mayhem and giving birth to unlimited number of children.

Nothern Nigeria is a curse to the development and civilization of this country.
I don't know why i dislike those northerners....backward set of sub humans....
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by d142475: 1:20pm On Jun 03, 2022
such entitlement mentality. But they did not sue the Kano state government that enacted a similar ban. The Northerners do not have the good of the Southern half of the country at heart. They have decimated the North with poverty, illiteracy, diseases, and terorrism and now, their leaders are shipping them all over Nigeria to destroy the rest of the country as they have the North.

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Eddie4God(m): 1:23pm On Jun 03, 2022
Filing such a case in the Federal High court instead of State High Court, it's definitely cash out time for the lawyers.
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Quim2: 1:29pm On Jun 03, 2022
Urheadmaster:
Okada riders somehow in many ways makes several Lagosians lives easier sad

Apparently they have not robbed and stabbed you before

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by stevenosa(m): 1:31pm On Jun 03, 2022
ijustdey:

https://dailytrust.com/okada-ban-riders-sue-lagos-govt

These people get gut shall! Did they sue the Kano state government when they where banned there? Na WAOOO

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by kokomilala(m): 1:35pm On Jun 03, 2022
@Sebastine1994 thank you for the analysis. Bertrand Russell, that great mathematician and philosopher, during his acceptance speech at the Nobel Prize ceremony said, I'll paraphrase him: within a herd, there are those who have risen above the ORDINARY LEVEL. They are prophets, discoverers etc. Society must tolerate their eccentricity. And there are those who have fallen below the ORDINARY LEVEL. They're idiots and criminals. A wise herd must learn to tolerate them with minimal ferocity.

Those who hitherto rode these okadas for business, who now oppose it as well as those who willfully support them on NL, have fallen below the ORDINARY LEVEL. Forget their education or whatever they claim to have achieved. Their thinking is along faulted lines. And they are part of the problems.

Ali Mazrui, Kenyan scholar said 3 things assail Africa. They are technological underdevelopment, organizational incompetence and military impotence. He might have added pervasive stupidity, because it's so pervasive across our socio-cultural life.

Africa is the most centripetal country in the world. Yet, its achievement is very modest. The generality of Africans are stuck in their past and are set in their ways.

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Lightorder: 1:40pm On Jun 03, 2022
Urheadmaster:
Okada riders somehow in many ways makes several Lagosians lives easier sad

Nigerians are so selfish and hypocritical. Everyone is opening mouth shouting Okada did this and that. Nobody would tell us how okada helped them in heavy Lagos traffic and neglected Lagos road. So Okada has never been of any help to us. Gokada was so helpful and organised but they selfishly banned it without much alternatives. Compare the number of those being killed in car or bus crashes and Okada. Which is should be banned. If the our leaders use Okada, they wouldn’t ban it even if would killed every person in Lagos steer. You banned them , have you fixed the roads? Have you provided alternatives ? Have you considered how the responsible ones would feed their families. If it doesn’t affect you , you will be here shouting, “ ban them totally “ , as if here is New York. License them, give them numbers and make them provide guarantors because of security. OKADA ARE MORE USEFUL TO US THAN THE GOVERNMENT IN THIS LAGOS! Deal with it
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by DryMouth: 1:40pm On Jun 03, 2022
Connected1:

Giving birth to many children is a Nigerian thing and not limited to the Northern People of Nigeria.

If I should ask, how many of them in your vicinity/state have you sensitized on the dangers of having numerous children or is it because you were privileged to have education, don't even tell me that they will attempt to lynch you in a Christian dominated area.

For the part of havoc and mayhem, only a kid without knowledge of Nigeria's history will say it's limited to the Northern People of Nigeria.
You've not visited the north before.
Go there and see a poor man with 3 wives 16 children.

Go there

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Lightorder: 1:45pm On Jun 03, 2022
. Nigerians are so selfish and hypocritical. Everyone is opening mouth shouting Okada did this and that. Nobody would tell us how okada helped them in heavy Lagos traffic and neglected Lagos roads like in my area and around . So Okada has never been of any help to us ? Everyone is now claiming New Yorkers ,woke , car and helicopter owner. Gokada was so helpful and organised but they selfishly banned it without much alternatives. Compare the number of those being killed in car or bus crashes to Okada. Which is should be banned. If the our leaders use Okada, they wouldn’t ban it even if they would killed every person in Lagos street . You banned them , have you fixed the roads? Have you provided alternatives ? Have you considered how the responsible ones would feed their families ? If it doesn’t affect you , you will be here shouting, “ ban them totally “ , as if here is New York. License them, give them numbers / vests , restrict them to major roads and make them provide guarantors because of security. OKADA ARE MORE USEFUL TO US THAN THE GOVERNMENT IN THIS LAGOS! Deal with it
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by PoliteActivist: 1:47pm On Jun 03, 2022
Connected1:

You just spoke what you will do if you were in their shoes.

I am 100% sure you don't read minds.

Nah, I said what YOU will do. I know you enough to predict that
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Spandau: 1:50pm On Jun 03, 2022
ijustdey:

https://dailytrust.com/okada-ban-riders-sue-lagos-govt

They will always have Yoruba and Igbo collaborators. When Okada was banned on th other States, nobody took the government to court. They think they can always have their way in Lagos? Mumus
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by vomiy83296: 1:51pm On Jun 03, 2022
Heh
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by toolate2fail(m): 1:57pm On Jun 03, 2022
MY COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR A GOOD SALES REP WITHIN LAGOS, AND KASINA,BAUCHI,SOKOTO AND OGUN STATE SEND YOUR CV TO realplace1983@gmail.com
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Spandau: 2:00pm On Jun 03, 2022
SensualMan:
Sue them. Lagos belongs to everybody.

Just because Northerners are dealing with the Bourdilon thief in Abuja he thinks he can vent his anger and punish Northerners via banning okada that Northerners make off a living with in Lagos.
An Hausa man has equal rights as a yoruba man. Tinubu vi's Sanwo Olu has touched the tail of a tiger, we Northerners shall teach them a lesson in this lagos they somuch covet.

Tinubu, get ready for this fight.

Point of correction, Aboki. No part of Yorubaland belongs to everybody. None. Same way no part of the North belongs to anybody. The Southern people residing in the North know their bounds and limits. The South is not a dumping ground for all kinds of idiots from the North with sinister motives. Trying to politicize this issue will not work. Your mercenaries have surrounded us, pretending to be Okada riders and we all know. We shall make sure that your plans are frustrated. If Okadas can be banned in some states in the North, what makes it wrong to ban them in the South or in Lagos in particular? If Lagos no pay you, go back to were you came from. You cannot be constituting a nuisance and expect authorities to fold their arms. The ban had been in place before Atiku clinched the PDP ticket so don't make this a political thing.

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Connected1: 2:02pm On Jun 03, 2022
DryMouth:

You've not visited the north before.
Go there and see a poor man with 3 wives 16 children.

Go there
How many enlightenment campaigns about the dangers of having many children have you done.

I am sure you know that the educated one don't do that.

If they were privileged enough to afford education then this wouldn't be a topic.

Our Ancient Fathers did same until they sent us to school and we became lenient.
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Spandau: 2:04pm On Jun 03, 2022
Sleekfingers:

Na only northerners dey ride bike?

Na only dem de constitute nuisance. Na only dem de murder innocent people with impunity. Na only dem the hide AK 47 under their bike seats. Na only dem de wait for the signal to cause mayhem in the South because they are actually sleeper cells of terrorists and Islamic mercenaries waiting to carry out the Northern Islamic and land grabbing agenda.
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Spandau: 2:08pm On Jun 03, 2022
FOJEM:
Okadas have been banned in Kano, Kaduna and Abuja for years. Why were the states and FCT not dragged to court?
Why would you comply in those areas but choose to disregard the directives of the Lagos State Government?

You are absolutely correct. The impunity of the Northerners in the South must be checked and totally stopped. They are so bitter about this because they were planning to use them to overrun Lagos and eventually the entire SW. All the governors of the SW must follow suit and prevent these bastards from having their way.

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Spandau: 2:09pm On Jun 03, 2022
Oweitubo12:
The okada ban is for a reason

And a good one.
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Spandau: 2:12pm On Jun 03, 2022
[quote author=JooEeL post=113430886][/quote]

So like style like style, the Northern people are beginning to claim Lagos grin grin grin The movie is just unfolding.
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Spandau: 2:14pm On Jun 03, 2022
IbileIfe:

Abokis love backwardness.

They are now even claiming Lagos for themselves. grin grin grin
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by ppogba: 2:14pm On Jun 03, 2022
nedekid:
Has any one noticed when shaddy people want to scam, the alway give themselves title of pastor?
Look at vanguard newspaper, those that will say they have dangote 1x cement for sale at rediculous prices. Those that advertise customs seized cars etc or cheap cars eg 2012 benz 300 4matic at 500k, 03 corolla for 250k etc.
They always bear "pastor".
This pastor sueing is one of them.
Pastor weh de ride okada. undecided

That is why when you are dealing with a Nigerian and he introduces and emphasizes his pastor position as much as he can, it is better for you to treat him with a 10 meter pole while you treat a fellow who introduces himself as Mr. with a 2 meter pole.

2 Likes

Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by tjcare4u2005(m): 2:16pm On Jun 03, 2022
What!!!!!! � � � Okada Rides are stupid.
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 03, 2022
Connected1:

How many parents from the South and the West allow their children to become Almajiris?
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by nedekid: 2:24pm On Jun 03, 2022
ppogba:

That is why when you are dealing with a Nigerian and he introduces and emphasizes his pastor position as much as he can, it is better for you to treat him with a 10 meter pole while you treat a fellow who introduces himself as Mr. with a 2 meter pole.
Lolz, that has always been my policy. Once I hear pastor, my guards are up!

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by ppogba: 2:27pm On Jun 03, 2022
nedekid:

Lolz, that has always been my policy. Once I hear pastor, my guards are up!

If your guards are up, you are still taking a risk. I would have said you should Ben Johnson. But, I will rather say, you should Usain Bolt.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Protests As NNPC 'Awards' $18.48m Contract Without Following Due Process / Goodluck Jonathan Denies His Reported Defection To APC / Electoral Bill: Gbajabiamila Reads Buhari’s Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.