Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,362 members, 7,864,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:45 AM

Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government (17553 Views)

Lagos Government Begins House-to-house Sharing Of Stimulus Package To The Aged / Lagos Government Brought Foodstuff To My Doorstep.. Have You Gotten Your Own? / 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by JooEeL(m): 2:30pm On Jun 03, 2022
Spandau:

So like style like style, the Northern people are beginning to claim Lagos grin grin grin The movie is just unfolding.

The whole zoo actually. This is what they have been brainwashing themselves since the time of their terrorist ancestor Dan Fodio.

All the time we go to school to learn so many other things like physics, chemistry, geography, law, social studies, math...

What these guys keep teaching and teaching themselves is how all lands have been promised to them by Allah, how we in the south are infidels, how they will take up all d lands at the appointed time, how if they die in the jihad, al-jannah is a guarantee.

2 Likes

Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by nedekid: 2:35pm On Jun 03, 2022
ppogba:

If your guards are up, you are still taking a risk. I would have said you should Ben Johnson. But, I will rather say, you should Usain Bolt.

grin grin
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Efuaye(m): 2:42pm On Jun 03, 2022
The ban should be total and not the selected one in place right now!
Our youths should go back to acquiring productive skills that are now lacking in Nigeria.
Artisans are now imported from Togo and Benin republic!
Our boys are busy doing yahoo and riding bikes for quick and easy money.
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Spandau: 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2022
kokomilala:
@Sebastine1994 thank you for the analysis. Bertrand Russell, that great mathematician and philosopher, during his acceptance speech at the Nobel Prize ceremony said, I'll paraphrase him: within a herd, there are those who have risen above the ORDINARY LEVEL. They are prophets, discoverers etc. Society must tolerate their eccentricity. And there are those who have fallen below the ORDINARY LEVEL. They're idiots and criminals. A wise herd must learn to tolerate them with minimal ferocity.

Those who hitherto rode these okadas for business, who now oppose it as well as those who willfully support them on NL, have fallen below the ORDINARY LEVEL. Forget their education or whatever they claim to have achieved. Their thinking is along faulted lines. And they are part of the problems.

Ali Mazrui, Kenyan scholar said 3 things assail Africa. They are technological underdevelopment, organizational incompetence and military impotence. He might have added pervasive stupidity, because it's so pervasive across our socio-cultural life.

Africa is the most centripetal country in the world. Yet, its achievement is very modest. The generality of Africans are stuck in their past and are set in their ways.

Ok so you typed bombastic grammar and quoted scholars. But what exactly are you trying to communicate?
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Spandau: 2:44pm On Jun 03, 2022
JooEeL:

The whole zoo actually. This is what they have been brainwashing themselves since the time of their terrorist ancestor Dan Fodio.

All the time we go to school to learn so many other things like physics, chemistry, geography, law, social studies, math...

What these guys keep teaching and teaching themselves is how all lands have been promised to them by Allah, how we in the south are infidels, how they will take up all d lands at the appointed time, how if they die in the jihad, al-jannah is a guarantee.

grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by kokomilala(m): 2:58pm On Jun 03, 2022
@Spandau, didn't u read it? There's nothing esoteric about what I wrote.
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by luluman: 3:02pm On Jun 03, 2022
Urheadmaster:
Okada riders somehow in many ways makes several Lagosians lives easier sad

Banning them generally isn't going to work
Because you are one of the anti Lagos. They are becoming lawless yet you can't see that.
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Cantonese: 4:20pm On Jun 03, 2022
They should have shut up their mouths and managed themselves in their restricted areas. Okadas are complete nuisances all over the country. Their senior brothers, keke Marwa and Korope, are not better.

Hopefully the case is speedily concluded and they lose. It should empower Lagos state government to effect a complete ban in Lagos.
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Spandau: 4:24pm On Jun 03, 2022
ijustdey:

https://dailytrust.com/okada-ban-riders-sue-lagos-govt

I am not a prophet, but this is what I foresee. The North will change the Lagos CP since they are in charge of the police and put a Fulani man who is sympathetic to their expansionist agenda. With that, SanwoOlu will loose control of the police in Lagos. The CP will not follow his directives in enforcing anything against those terrorists.
If SanwoOlu is smart, he should extend the ban to all Lagos. He should conduct raids on their major enclaves for weapons. The police will find a lot of heavy caliber weapons. He should legalize Amotekun as a final resort to counter the Fulani CP that they will send.
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Spandau: 4:25pm On Jun 03, 2022
kokomilala:
@Spandau, didn't u read it? There's nothing esoteric about what I wrote.

I didn't say esoteric. I said bombastic grammar. And I asked for what you're trying to communicate. Period.
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by kokomilala(m): 4:29pm On Jun 03, 2022
@Spandau, there's nothing bombastic about what I wrote. If you want to get what I'm trying to say,read between the lines.
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Spandau: 4:33pm On Jun 03, 2022
kokomilala:
@Spandau, there's nothing bombastic about what I wrote. If you want to get what I'm trying to say,read between the lines.

I don't have the time to waste.
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Connected1: 6:51pm On Jun 03, 2022
FOJEM:

How many parents from the South and the West allow their children to become Almajiris?
Those Children you call Almajiri are morally better than prostitutes and yahoo boys.

Prove me wrong, you all should stop trying to prove a point, you all want peace when the balls are not in your courts, once it bounces to your court, you all clamour for violence.
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Wwwq: 8:50pm On Jun 03, 2022
Really
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by Udemzy05: 9:15pm On Jun 03, 2022
The Okada ban to me looks political.
Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by pansophist(m): 10:32pm On Jun 03, 2022
Men on rags (eg okada men) are what keeps society going, and the mass will feel it intimately if they suddenly stop operating. The government should have created a better alternative, not eliminate jobs overnight from both the masses that depend on them and the okada men that have families depending on them.

But again, this is Nigeria, a place where common sense is not that common.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:50am On Jun 04, 2022
pansophist:
Men on rags (eg okada men) are what keeps society going, and the mass will feel it intimately if they suddenly stop operating. The government should have created a better alternative, not eliminate jobs overnight from both the masses that depend on them and the okada men that have families depending on them.

But again, this is Nigeria, a place where common sense is not that common.

You made a sensible comment today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

$3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola - Audio / JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps / Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.