Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri (6699 Views)

Nigeria Begins Use Of Cement For Road Construction Against Asphalt. / US Embassy In Nigeria Begins $119m Annex Project / Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by bashr4: 11:35am On Jul 20, 2011
macjive01:

Sha, my people can be happy over little things.

The question shd be; who is running shows in this Air Nigeria?

Why can't a handful of the millions of business moguls of Igbo extraction pull resources together and float an airline?

Odili can afford to own two airline just from his naira bank account.
Emeka Offor.
Ekene dili chukwu
Ogbuawa motorcycle spare parts man
Coscharis.
Many of orlu drugs (medicine) barons
Abiriba textile mogul
Mbaise estate developer
Nnewi -lol, every body in nnewi
Enugu king pins
Delta moguls- Can't see why jim ovia, elumelus, and many others can't afford to start their own airline or pull resources together to start one.

Tmrw tinubus air-one wud start flying. Flying to same Enugu n Imo airports.  
This time around the staff wud b thick oyo Yorubas, the announcement wud definitely be in Yoruba or in an english that wud sound more Yoruba than English.

"Passengers, ejo jo ko' "

who told you they are running things , its not easy running an airline in nigeria but they are trying .
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by BigMeat2: 12:31pm On Jul 20, 2011
Another airline that barely started recently already winning fake awards.

As mentioned earlier by another poster, why can't a consortium of rich Igbo businessmen pull resources together to float an airline that will cater for the travel needs of the people in the South East region.

I see a region that will rapidly develop if there is an international airport in either Enugu or Owerri.
Can anyone imagine the combination of Chinese manufacturers with our indigenious Igbo guys doing serious business together.
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by ak47mann(m): 12:51pm On Jul 20, 2011
Soon SE states will be the new Asia in Africa/Nigeria things will be happening left right and center God be with us smiley smiley
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by Seanet1000: 1:32pm On Jul 20, 2011
Its Confirmed. Yoruba man now controlled ibos Airspace. We will bomb the hell out of them with ease if they try nonsense. God bless Jimoh Ibrahim. Now we can decide who enter and exit ibuland from Ondo state. Ibos will continue to be our errand boys. Hahahahaha
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by Chyz2: 1:45pm On Jul 20, 2011
Seanet1000:

Its Confirmed. Yoruba man now controlled ibos Airspace. We will bomb the hell out of them with ease if they try nonsense. God bless Jimoh Ibrahim. Now we can decide who enter and exit ibuland from Ondo state. Ibos will continue to be our errand boys. Hahahahaha

Roflmao! Hey, as long as we continue to take revenue away from Lagos i'm good. cool
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by hackney(m): 1:46pm On Jul 20, 2011
lagos minus efforts from other tribes and former capital will result in something like all those ondo or ekiti type places.
thats why there is lagos and there is ondo.  grin grin grin

these people are lousy but the natural compensation with big mouth is clear anyway.

Seanet1000:

no talk bomb o. if you go to your elders and talk Igbo and bomb in the same sentence them go shiver.
na mouth?

talkless of now resources full everywhere.
you people are not ready.
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by Seanet1000: 1:57pm On Jul 20, 2011
Chyz*:

Roflmao! Hey, as long as we continue to take revenue away from Lagos i'm good. cool
Haha, ibo man can sell their birth right for a penny, that is why i like using ibo labourers in my projects. Give them a bit and they would work their life out. They always think they are wise and can make money out of others effort but this time around they will fail, Jimoh Ibrahim will be making money out of your land. Since there is no restriction on capital movement within Nigeria, Jimoh Ibrahim will pay you a meagre tax and remit the huge balance to us here. Cheap money in iboland. Cheap tribe.
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by Chyz2: 2:43pm On Jul 20, 2011
Seanet1000:

Haha, ibo man can sell their birth right for a penny, that is why i like using ibo labourers in my projects. Give them a bit and they would work their life out. They always think they are wise and can make money out of others effort but this time around they will fail, Jimoh Ibrahim will be making money out of your land. Since there is no restriction on capital movement within Nigeria, Jimoh Ibrahim will pay you a meagre tax and remit the huge balance to us here. Cheap money in iboland. Cheap tribe.

Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by EzeUche(m): 2:46pm On Jul 20, 2011
I rather fly with Delta or British Airlines.
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by Seanet1000: 3:21pm On Jul 20, 2011
Since Air Nigeria is the only one plying the route, you will have to go through Lagos if you want to use delta or british airlines.
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by aljharem3: 3:21pm On Jul 20, 2011
Seanet1000:

Since Air Nigeria is the only one plying the route, you will have to go through Lagos if you want to use delta or british airlines.
leave their thread alone
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by EzeUche(m): 3:23pm On Jul 20, 2011
Seanet1000:

Delta flies straight to Port Harcourt. Lufthanza and Air France as well. No need for me to take Air Nigeria.
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by Seanet1000: 3:28pm On Jul 20, 2011
But PH is not part of the title. We are talking of owerri and enugu
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by bashr4: 5:34pm On Jul 20, 2011
Seanet1000:

But PH is not part of the title. We are talking of owerri and enugu

your not intelligent, air nigeria only started flying owerri and enugu routes thats local route and not international , belview ,arik,aero have all been plying those roots since time immemorial , air nigeria is a new airline that is just expanding its routes in nigeria, stop sounding like a dunce.
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by PointB: 6:37pm On Jul 20, 2011
bashr4:

your not intelligent, air nigeria only started flying owerri and enugu routes thats local route and not international , belview ,arik,aero have all been plying those roots since time immemorial , air nigeria is a new airline that is just expanding its routes in nigeria, stop sounding like a dunce.

take it easy on the chap. looks like he needs help or some form of pity
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by manny4life(m): 6:57pm On Jul 20, 2011
EzeUche:

I rather fly with Delta or British Airlines.

For real, Delta sucks!

British Airways is more reliable and acceptable than Delta, I just hate dislike Delta.

Goodluck to them.
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by Panzastrip(m): 7:12pm On Jul 20, 2011
alj_harem:

who cares about igbo, my care is about u
Hold on, YOU AGAIN? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by Panzastrip(m): 8:02pm On Jul 20, 2011
Seanet1000:

[b]YOU ARE A FOOL AND STILL A CHILD, DO U THINK YOU CAN STAND A FULL SCALE WAR? REMEMBER THIS, THIS IS NOT 1967 TO 1970 WAR SO BE CAREFUL, THEY HAVE DIFFERENT WAYS TO BRING IN WEAPONS IN ORDER TO FINISH U. WATCH WHAT YOU SAY.[/b]
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by executinal(m): 8:20pm On Jul 20, 2011
South East states will soon become Nigeria paradise, Ndi Igbo Kwenucheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by Decryptor(m): 8:24pm On Jul 20, 2011
The likes of Eko ile and Ileke idi = Baboons!
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by seanet02: 8:28pm On Jul 20, 2011
The likes of Decryptor and Ezeuche= Monkeys.
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by seanet02: 8:31pm On Jul 20, 2011
Ibos Airport, Yorubas Money
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by PointB: 8:32pm On Jul 20, 2011
Is is true that eko ile is a girl?
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by manny4life(m): 8:37pm On Jul 20, 2011
Why are you guys responding to @Seanet1000, the man needs the attention but ignoring him is the best thing. Although it's better to be an errand boy, work your way up and then be the boss, than to be a public nuisance without work or hope, kinda sucks if u ask me.

Talking about tax, can someone please tell me what the Tax rate is within these states? I'm thinking probably at least 10% of earned revenue (although this is a wrong formula but an accounting norm standard for Nigeria), that leaves 90% of the money. @Seanet1000, think about it, this same Ibrahim operates within the locals, so therefore , he hires the same [b]"busboys" [/b]within the locals contributing another 30 to 40% of that 90% to payroll, then company's money goes through circulation to purchase other goods or services, likely that, these same busboys are good are what they do that Mr. Ibrahim can't resist but purchase from the neighboring Igbo states, at the end of the day, more than 85% of the cycle of money flowed within or neighboring states, if my math is correct, I think the busboys have more power AND control over Mr. Ibrahim than he does to them. Trust me Lagos and it's likes where built using the same formula; a company circulates its wealth (obviously not by option, but necessity) within the states or neighboring states which it operates from.
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by aljharem3: 8:39pm On Jul 20, 2011
i tire for una

so we can not discuss without bring yoruba this igbo that in this forum

na wa ooo
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by seanet02: 8:41pm On Jul 20, 2011
Is it true that PointB is a lesbian troll?
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by manny4life(m): 8:42pm On Jul 20, 2011
alj_harem:

i tire for una

so we can not discuss without bring yoruba this igbo that in this forum

na wa ooo

Very unfortunate
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by seanet02: 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2011
manny4life:

Very unfortunate
Very very very unfortunate. This your Return 90% profit back to locals na Oxford Economics o. Do you know all those expenses are running cost and can not be paid again after Profit after tax have been declared? Or you are taking a profit as a debenture?
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by manny4life(m): 9:13pm On Jul 20, 2011
seanet02:

Very very very unfortunate. This your Return 90% profit back to locals na Oxford Economics o. Do you know all those expenses are running cost and can not be paid again after Profit after tax have been declared? Or you are taking a profit as a debenture?

Don't confuse yourself ok. A debenture is a debt instrument (security in finance)

First of, who talked about profit? Where did you get your 90% profit back to locals theory? Where did I state they are paid back again after profit and tax are declared, Where did I state that in my post? I was only showing you how at least 90% of that money (revenues) flows back into these same igbo states and like you stated, expense (payroll, COGS, administrative expense, operating expense et al,) because you said Mr. Ibrahim pays meager tax and bring back a huge amount to us. I then replied you that he couldn't and can't bring back a huge amount because of most of the money is exhausted in the state in which he is operating from. I believe that is straight forward and not confusing at all, my assumption was that tax was deducted before expense and that is why my post was clear, it stated " I'm thinking probably at least 10% of earned revenue (although this is a wrong formula but an accounting norm standard for Nigeria),
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by seanet02: 10:33pm On Jul 20, 2011
Oh boy i don't need you telling me what debenture is hum, what you are saying can never happened. Let us analyse it like this.
Company A in the year 2011 makes a profit before tax of 1000, (surely you know that profit before tax has already taken care of both the running cost and wage bill)
let us say the gross income is 1500 (this has not taken care of the running cost and wage bill)
500 was used to cater for both the wage bill (this includes the boys and locals that are in the payroll, plus other staffs) and the running cost (this includes the stationeries, miscellaneous, raw materials, and others) remember the company pays the people or firms it has business transactions with in the area it operates or elsewhere from the running cost, which definitely means they can not be paid again from the Profit before tax declared.
Now let us say the tax rate is 10% as you assume, since the profit before tax is 1000, then the tax will be 100, giving a balance of 900, things like social responsibilities may gulp 5 percent which is 45, the company may decide to move 10% to the general reserve and  10% for the next business year.
This means that another 180 will leave as a result of the debit for general reserve and next business year leaving a balance of 720 which will be shared among the shareholders if it is a public limited liability company or to the owners if otherwise. Now 720 is about 72% of the profit of 1000, meaning your  90% is not possible except you are doing father christmas.
Hope am clear and remember our discussion is on 90% of profit being ploughed back to the host community or people.
company pays the people or firms it has business transactions with in the area it operates or elsewhere from the running cost which definitely means they can not be paid again from the Profit before tax declared, now let us say the tax rate is 10% as you assume, since the profit before tax is 1000 then the tax will be 100 giving a balance of 900, things like social responsibilities may gulp 5 percent which is 45, the company may decide to move 10% to the general reserve and  10% for the next business year, this means that another 180 will leave as a result of the debit for general reserve and next business year leaving a balance of 720 which will be shared among the shareholders if it is a public liabilited company or to the owners if otherwise. Now 720 is about 72% of the profit of 1000, meaning your  90% is not possible except you are doing father christmas. Hope am clear and remember our discussion is on 90% of profit being ploughed back to the host community or people.
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 20, 2011
seanet02:

Oh boy i don't need you telling me what debenture is hum, what you are saying can never happened. Let up analyse it like this. Company A in the year 2011 makes a profit before tax of 1000, (surely you know that profit before tax has already taken care of both the running cost and wage bill) let us say the gross income is 1500 (this has not taken care of the running cost and wage bill) 500 was used to cater for both the wage bill (this includes the boys and locals that are in the payroll plus other staffs) and the running cost (this includes the stationeries, miscellaneous, raw materials, and others) remember the company pays the people or firms it has business transactions with in the area it operates or elsewhere from the running cost which definitely means they can not be paid again from the Profit before tax declared, now let us say the tax rate is 10% as you assume, since the profit before tax is 1000 then the tax will be 100 giving a balance of 900, things like social responsibilities may gulp 5 percent which is 45, the company may decide to move 10% to the general reserve and 10% for the next business year, this means that another 180 will leave as a result of the debit for general reserve and next business year leaving a balance of 720 which will be shared among the shareholders if it is a public liabilited company or to the owners if otherwise. Now 720 is about 72% of the profit of 1000, meaning your 90% is not possible except you are doing father christmas. Hope am clear and remember our discussion is on 90% of profit being ploughed back to the host community or people. company pays the people or firms it has business transactions with in the area it operates or elsewhere from the running cost which definitely means they can not be paid again from the Profit before tax declared, now let us say the tax rate is 10% as you assume, since the profit before tax is 1000 then the tax will be 100 giving a balance of 900, things like social responsibilities may gulp 5 percent which is 45, the company may decide to move 10% to the general reserve and 10% for the next business year, this means that another 180 will leave as a result of the debit for general reserve and next business year leaving a balance of 720 which will be shared among the shareholders if it is a public liabilited company or to the owners if otherwise. Now 720 is about 72% of the profit of 1000, meaning your 90% is not possible except you are doing father christmas. Hope am clear and remember our discussion is on 90% of profit being ploughed back to the host community or people.

My friend, what is the meaning of all this? Paragraph is not that expensive. And what happened to your periods?
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by manny4life(m): 11:02pm On Jul 20, 2011
@seanet02

COOL, I'm glad we can set aside the random rants and reason together and that we both know what a debenture is and you and I clearly knew I was not talking about debentures. Now moving on to your post, can u please use paragraphs and punctuations? I will respond to your hypothetical as soon as I'm able to copy it to WORD with paragraphs at least, that's the only way I can understand it, forgive me but I'm being honest.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lessons I Learnt From Being An Obama Volunteer / Mimiko Rallies Support For Jonathan, Faults Politicising Of Security Challenges / Kaduna: Appeal Court Re-affirms APC's Uba Sani As Duly Elected Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.