Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,182 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 (40984 Views)

PFN Rejects Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says It Stands By CAN's Decision / Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass / Prophet Iginla Warns Against Tinubu’s Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says A Sign Of War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by casualobserver: 10:24pm On Jun 10, 2022
davodyguy:

This simple means the northern Muslims don't regard northern Christians.

They can't allow Christians that are Northerners to lead them in NE and NW.

Bigotry if the highest order

Sentiment doesn’t win elections, Numbers do. Politicians are in the business of winning elections, unless you win you can’t execute your policies.

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Didijiji: 10:24pm On Jun 10, 2022
Dear Samson Olasupo Adeniyi Ayokunle,

This is a letter of huge concern to you and other Christians in Nigeria. While this is not intended to cause chaos or problems, it is of a very significant importance for the continuity of Christianity in Nigeria. It is very obvious that Nigeria is a multi-religious society with Christianity and Islam as 2 major religions. Now, Nigeria has existed this long because of equity, justice and equality between entities that make up this union called Nigeria.

As you are aware sir, APC recently concluded their primaries with Tinubu emerging as the candidate. Atiku won same for the PDP. APC is of more concern to me because APC governors claimed to have met and insisted on power shift to the south.

Now i ask, if there is a need for power to be shifted to the south, why is it not been shifted to a southern Christian since PMB, a Muslim just completed 8 years. Why is everyone been smart by half in insisting that power shifts to the south and not to a Christian?

Analyzing further, A Tinubu presidency means power will remain with a Muslim for 8 years and another Muslim norther takes over for 8 years which gives a 24 cumulative Muslim rule in a multi religious country. To even make things worse, APC is making things worse and testing the waters by mentioning a MUSLIM-MUSLIM ticket to get reactions..... CAN ARISE OOOOOOO in Nigeria

I anticipate that responses will soon come saying that competence is what matters and not the persons religion. Does it mean there is no competent Christian in the south or a competent Christian VP from the south? This is the reason for the growing worries

Where is the equality in power shift to the south but not to a Christian?

It is surprising that the CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA has been this docile and quiet in the face of this glaring issue of humongous worry. As stated earlier, this is not intended to stair up any dust but to raise a very important issue so that all the political parties will adjust.

Let the same equality emotion that made the APC governors decide that power goes to the south be used to give power to a southern christian.

Dear CAN President, speak up now!!!!! Because if the reverse was the case, the leadership would have since been screaming...

Thank you

CC:PFN,OAIC,CCN,CSN,TEKAN/ECWA

*copied

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Megabig: 10:24pm On Jun 10, 2022
flipboss:

This is a useless analysis devoid of normal physiological cues.
I'm a northerner, and even the northern Muslims are fed up with Buhari. Everybody is!
Northerners will still vote for Tinubu. Atiku doesn't own the hearts of the people as most of you think.
So just shut the Bleep up with this your stupid analysis.

Hopeless simp, why are you so angry? Northerners are angry with Buhari and will still vote Tinubu, aren’t y’all that dum.b and hungry like they said you’ve always been? Stinking savages and terrorists.
I only gave an analysis, did ask you to come rant you child of a molested mother.

6 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Emma2Seconds: 10:25pm On Jun 10, 2022
Actions Speaks louder than voice
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Gwan2(m): 10:25pm On Jun 10, 2022
Aboki99:
This is puerile!

Political parties care about a winning combination.

As a northerner, I know something for sure;

If Tinubu chooses a xtian as his VP he stands not a BAT in hell's chance of becoming Nigeria's president.

So the northern Muslims who constitute the biggest voting bloc in Nigeria will siddon look the minorities whose combined voting power is nowhere near theirs to rule over them?

Only with a Muslim Muslim ticket does the Apc stands a chance, otherwise they should as well quit the race even before it started. Reason?

The muslims are the majority in the NW, NE, NC and SW(for SW do the math state by state). The only area where Christians predominate are SE and SS. In fact, if not for the magnanimity of Muslims in Nigeria, a xtian can never be Nigeria's president! Yes, you heard me right because the muslims are the majority in this country even according to the CIA factbook (Google it and see).

What's this guy saying...such audacity

I cannot dispute the fact that political parties need winning combination to sell or launder their image, but you forgot that ethnic and indigenous Christians have a very sizeable population is most of those Northern states you mentioned,,,yes..forget political census or beer parlour gist based on birth rate or all those crap.

About whether muslims or christians are the majority in Nigeria is very debatable, it is always speculative findings. When was factual based census conducted to segregate demographics?

5 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Afamed: 10:26pm On Jun 10, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Yes CAN is pro-PDP go and die.

Tinubu should go ahead and field a Muslim-muslim ticket.He will not even win in his SW region

Are you not ashamed of yourself?
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by zionstaar75: 10:26pm On Jun 10, 2022
Megabig:

Let me see how he can buy Northern votes when Atiku is there, the hungry ones in the north is waiting for Atiku little convincing and dollars… Tinubu doesn’t stand a chance buddy unless he get massive votes from SS and SE. The north is 70% for Atiku
all these reasoning that doesn't hold water,obasanjo beat Buhari twice, Jonathan beat atiku and Buhari. Stop this daydreaming borno , yobe and katsina with kaduna are states apc will easily win in the north.ganduje will give at least 40%,same with badaru in jigawa.which north are u talking about abeg. I'm from kwara (north Central and tinubu will get 80% votes

2 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Iamzik: 10:27pm On Jun 10, 2022
Aboki99:
This is puerile!

If Tinubu chooses a xtian as his VP he stands not a BAT in hell's chance of becoming Nigeria's president.

So the northern Muslims who constitute the biggest voting bloc in Nigeria will siddon look the minorities whose combined voting power is nowhere near theirs to rule over them?

Only with a Muslim Muslim ticket does the Apc stands a chance, otherwise they should as well quit the race even before it started. Reason?

The muslims are the majority in the NW, NE, NC and SW(for SW do the math state by state). The only area where Christians predominate are SE and SS. In fact, if not for the magnanimity of Muslims in Nigeria, a xtian can never be Nigeria's president! Yes, you heard me right because the muslims are the majority in this country even according to the CIA factbook (Google it and see).

Mr magnanimity

Who sold you this lie?
Christians have not been voting that's why you think you are majority. Y'all are about to be thought a lesson you'll never forget

Go ahead with your Muslim tickets

8 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by ebbo(m): 10:27pm On Jun 10, 2022
casualobserver:
Are Christians going to compensate him for the votes he will lose in the North from a Muslim Christian ticket? The answer is no because the Christian vote is already split between APC, PDP and Labour. No person who was going to vote Atiku or Obi is going to vote APC because he gave his VP slot to Christian. That leaves the APC Christians who are mainly from the SW. most don’t care and those that do and will vote someone else are not large enough to offset the loss of Muslim votes in the North.

It’s not rocket science

Ur head get oil abeg. I now realise must Nigeria youths don't know how to play politics. Politics is about winning an election. Pls ask them, why did PDP gave their ticket to Atiku a fulani man from the north.

Is because they think this will be their easiest way to get back to power again. They are only after that Muslims block votes nothing more.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by beejay85: 10:28pm On Jun 10, 2022
Thinkam:
grin, Tinubu na coconut head, he no dey hear word.

He's the greatest politician in the universe, Greater than Buhari, Greater than Gej, Greater than Onu...

He will pick a Muslim and still win grin

Christians are minorities and docile, hence It's left to Muslims to take charge and do what they like to the country grin cheesy
Hypocrite CAN just like the Pharisees of old....
Why didn't you openly campaign for your Comrade PYO when he needed it..
Now when the die is cast and BAT gave you a hard pill to swallow as Mark 3vs 1-6.... grin
Now you forgot about your protest about the terrorist attack in Ondo state to Muslim Muslim ticket!!!
Am a Christian but this statement about M-M ticket is stale, uninspiring and equally disappointing

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Tomek09(m): 10:28pm On Jun 10, 2022
Aboki99:
This is puerile!

Shameless hypocrite.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by davodyguy: 10:28pm On Jun 10, 2022
Aboki99:

I would have loved to reply you but I see no maturity in your write up so I concluded that u are a grown up worth any engagement
Cause you simply can't argue against facts.

I asked you to show me any Muslim between 1999 to 2022 that has been killed for saying Jesus is not the son of God, and that Jesus is a mere slave/prophet of God. Christians say Jesus is God, but you Muslim counter Christians

But if a Christian dare say this in Kano about your prophet, we would see videos of that Christian being killed for Blasphemy. That's how backward you guys are

7 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by jaxxy(m): 10:29pm On Jun 10, 2022
Aboki99:
This is puerile!

He has been dared with examples of the calamity that awaits such ticket. Pick it and see. That's all.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by MHOOZEES(m): 10:29pm On Jun 10, 2022
AntonVince:

You're not being truthful, and you know it.
Are there more Muslims than Christians in Benue, Ondo, Lagos, etc where Buhari won the majority votes?

More Muslims than Christians in Benue and Lagos... You must be on drugs

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Femi8586(m): 10:29pm On Jun 10, 2022
GoodGovernance:
Idiots.

Is it religion of the VP that would eradicate poverty in the land.

As Muslim-Christian ticket reduced religious terror or general insecurity in the land?

Kaduna is a muslim- muslim ticket, the religious war there is not worse than when it was a muslim-christain ticket.

As far as Nigeria is concerned, religion is a major factor in our voting and election system. Though it's not good but there's nothing that can be done about it..

Muslims that see nothing wrong in Tinubu picking a Muslim vice will disagree and even cause chaos if it were to be a Christian christian ticket. That's hypocrisy.
They'll prefer to die or make Nigeria burn to ashes than to allow a Christian president and a Christian vice rule over them.

They are called fanatics for a reason.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Akerele44(m): 10:30pm On Jun 10, 2022
AntonVince:

Would Buhari have won in 2015 had Christians voted along religion line?
Tinubu will give CAN woroworo and still win...them don know say APC go win the election that's why CAN came out and voice out..na because of APC no be because of ATIKU or one Twitter president grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Miracle2020: 10:30pm On Jun 10, 2022
tesppidd:
But am beginning to agree with the assertion that CAN might be the religious arm of PDP..

After 8 years of Buhari, PDP still gave their ticket to Atiku, which would mean 26 straight years of Northern Fulani Islamic rule.

CAN did not utter a word about this!

Wow! Just wow!!
what of Muric,they are the religion wing of apc. This is not an Islamic country. Any Christian that vote for a Muslim Muslim ticket will carry a generational curse to his family.
A vote for Muslim Muslim ticket is a vote for sharia law.

8 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Tomek09(m): 10:30pm On Jun 10, 2022
aumeehn:
And Tinubu/Northern Christian ticket is also a Walk over grin grin grin

Hahaha imagine going to Campaign in Kano and lifting the Hands of Tinubu and Boss Mustapha or Lalong. Hahahah.
Muslim/Muslim Ticket is DOA
Tinubu/Northern Christian ticket is worst!

APC made a huge mistake surrendering that ticket to Tinubu but I guess we're not yet ready for this conversation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Bfly: 10:31pm On Jun 10, 2022
Can should go and sit down jare.

Where is it in the constitution?

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by alimiadedayo1: 10:31pm On Jun 10, 2022
Aboki99:
This is puerile!

muslims are not the majority in north central.. NC have benue nasarawa and Jos are predominantly Christians and the likes of kogi and kwara has a meaningful numbers of Christians too

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by damiloladuke: 10:32pm On Jun 10, 2022
Oya
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Kennydoc(m): 10:32pm On Jun 10, 2022
Softmirror:

In a feat with Northern governors all APC? grin Who stood their ground for a power shift to the Southwest? Please be reasonable.

APC Northern governors cannot decide for the voters. The governors were only concerned about the VP slot they were promised. The ordinary voters don't know that one.

5 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by ebbo(m): 10:32pm On Jun 10, 2022
davodyguy:

Good Anambra State, where a woman was sworn in as a Governor.

Have you ever had a woman lead you in the north?

Which Anambra state is that one? In what year was that and in which year election? Did she win any primary and secondary elections?

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by casualobserver: 10:32pm On Jun 10, 2022
ebbo:

Ur head get oil abeg. I now realise must Nigeria youths don't know how to play politics. Politics is about winning an election. Pls ask them, why did PDP gave their ticket to Atiku a fulani man from the north.

Is because they think this will be their easiest way to get back to power again. They are only after that Muslims block votes nothing more.

They are all excited about Peter Obi, all of them are in the south. The majority of the Obi fans are in Lagos and the SE they forget that you need to get 25% in 24 states. I wish them good luck with that.

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Saint83(m): 10:33pm On Jun 10, 2022
Thinkam:
grin, Tinubu na coconut head, he no dey hear word.

He's the greatest politician in the universe, Greater than Buhari, Greater than Gej, Greater than Onu...

He will pick a Muslim and still win grin

Christians are minorities and docile, hence It's left to Muslims to take charge and do what they like to the country grin cheesy

Exactly ...APC will still win whether Muslim/Muslim or Hindu/Hindu or Babalow/Babalowo ticket
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Tomek09(m): 10:35pm On Jun 10, 2022
tesppidd:
lol

I do not like it, that the next President should be another Muslim.

But listen son, Tinubu is your next President, you better begin to get used to it.

grin
With which V.P? Don't just make wishful comment without backing it up with reality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Abbertee2: 10:35pm On Jun 10, 2022
This reminds me of terr0rist oritsejapor who go to south africa with 4,728,000,000 to purchase arms to come and kill nigerian muslims . Thank got he was nabbed there

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by aumeehn: 10:36pm On Jun 10, 2022
Tomek09:

APC made a huge mistake surrendering that ticket to Tinubu but I guess we're not yet ready for this conversation.
Just keep and quite and allow those deluded fellows. How can a Muslim/Muslim ticket fly in Nigeria in 2023? It just won't work. Likewise Southern Muslim with Northern Christian can not deliver the so much needed Northern bloc votes. Tinubu is banking on Rigging which I going to fail woefully. They are so deluded and think that Nigeria starts and ends in the SW, someone even said that Northern Christians are inconsequential and will align with anything the Muslims want, forgetting that same Muslims Hausa/Fulani have their own son on the Ballot. How can someone vote for a VP position and give up the Top position.
They Atiku is a pushover, but no Wahala next week by the Grace of Almighty we will know how far.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Femi8586(m): 10:36pm On Jun 10, 2022
Neoteny7:
No one stokes the embers of Nigeria's religious divide like CAN.

They meddle in politics but accuse northern Muslims of injecting religion into politics.

They raised a sensible objection.

If you see nothing sensible in what they said, then I think you must be a Muslim who sees nothing wrong in muslim-muslim ticket but will fight, disagree and even cause chaos in the country if it were to be a Christian-christian ticket.

CAN even made it clear they don't support christian-christian ticket either then why are Muslims so hypocritic?

Dishing out what they can never take.

8 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by ebbo(m): 10:37pm On Jun 10, 2022
casualobserver:

They are all excited about Peter Obi, all of them are in the south. The majority of the Obi fans are in Lagos and the SE they forget that you need to get 25% in 24 states. I wish them good luck with that.

Big shock of their life awaits them anyway, I know definitely they will claim that the election was rigged as usual if it didn't go their way.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Demolakay: 10:38pm On Jun 10, 2022
Aboki99:
This is puerile!

c mumu talk! wat cia factbook.Are d muslims in d south more dan d christians in d northern states of Adamawa,Benue,plateau,Taraba,Nasarawa,southern kaduna,parts of borno,maiduguri nd d rest? in d southwest dere are more christians in Lagos,ondo,nd Ekiti state.Ogun,osun,oyo has more Muslim population.all of d southsouth,south east are almost 100% christians,soo tell me wat nonsense ur spewing.Its nt u pples fault,denominationalism is killing Christianity in Nigeria,we are nt united,dats why u pple tink u hold d ace.D day all d christians agree among demselves nd work tgeda,ur dominance cease to exist.wit current happenings,in no distant time,it will definitely happen.

9 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Didijiji: 10:38pm On Jun 10, 2022
Abbertee2:
This reminds me of terr0rist oritsejapor who go to south africa with 4,728,000,000 to purchase arms to come and kill nigerian muslims . Thank got he was nabbed there
dry joke

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

"Daddy You Will Win": Peter Obi Collects Crying Lady's Phone Number (Video/Pics) / New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access / Taraba Senator Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan Wins APC Governorship Flag (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.