Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 (41010 Views)

PFN Rejects Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says It Stands By CAN's Decision / Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass / Prophet Iginla Warns Against Tinubu’s Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says A Sign Of War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Echoban: 3:24am On Jun 11, 2022
ransomed:
Islamization is real. I rather support Biafra and Oduduwa .
Field the Jihadists and watch how Obi cruises home in victory.

So u all should be happy BAT is choosing Muslim VP then since it LL potentiate PO. Why una com dey wail again
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by adexoramo(m): 3:35am On Jun 11, 2022
[color=#550000][/color]
Now that Tinubu have the ticket you said northerners won't vote for him because they vote based on religion and regionalism. But I'm confused this same northerners voted a Christian Jonathan to become the president the same time a Muslim Buhari from the north was contesting for the same position. In all your writeup I can see you are pained Tinubu got the ticket.

aumeehn:

Oh Ganduje didn't lost his Home base?
This shows that you are just a following Kano politics online. Do you know who Shekarau and Kwankwaso are in Kano Politics? I

I won't say much, why because you guys are deluded and think that Nigeria is just the SW.
Allah ya barmu da rai da Lafiya Ameen.

Still waiting to see how a Muslim Muslim ticket will fly. Hahahaha these guys thought that Northerners are just fools and religious bigots.

Northerners vote base on two reasons
Religion and Regionalism.

A Southern Muslim don't have the same Clout as a Northern Muslim
No Northerner will vote for a VP position while giving up a presidential position of a Muslim and also a Northerner.

The odds are against the Drug Baron!
This is 2023 not 1993 besides did Abiola smell Aso Rock? No! The Election was annuled.

Just waiting to see how a Muslim/Muslim candidates will present themselves to Northern states with lots of Christian, The likes of Plateau Nasarawa Niger Benue Taraba Adamawa. And also convince the predominantly Muslim NW to give up Presidency and Settle for VP.

The Northern Governor's just chop and clean mouth. Atiku will be declared winner before 2pm. grin grin grin
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Newton2024: 3:36am On Jun 11, 2022
Thinkam:
grin, Tinubu na coconut head, he no dey hear word.

He's the greatest politician in the universe, Greater than Buhari, Greater than Gej, Greater than Onu...

He will pick a Muslim and still win grin

Christians are minorities and docile, hence It's left to Muslims to take charge and do what they like to the country grin cheesy
NO to Tinubu's muzlim/muzlim ticket. No to islamisation agenda of APC. I say NO to foolanisation of Nlgeria. Nlgeria is not a mooslim terr-orist country but a secular one. We belong to Christ.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Newton2024: 3:37am On Jun 11, 2022
[s]
funshint:
CAN should consider the religious tolerance level of each region before raising issues that can unnecessarily overheat the polity. Please they should just speak for theirselves. Besides this thing is a case by case thing o.
[/s]NO to Tinubu's muzlim/muzlim ticket. No to islamisation agenda of APC. I say NO to foolanisation of Nlgeria. Nlgeria is not a mooslim terr-orist country but a secular one. We belong to Christ.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by ogwumgbe: 4:08am On Jun 11, 2022
tesppidd:
lol

I do not like it, that the next President should be another Muslim.

But listen son, Tinubu is your next President, you better begin to get used to it.

grin

You are day dreaming if you think Tinubu will win Atiku
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by ogwumgbe: 4:11am On Jun 11, 2022
Cyberterror:
For the first time in a long while, Nigerians have a realistic opportunity to restructure the country with Tinubu. Everyone knows he is a strong and vocal advocate of restructuring. He commands the respect and trust of key northern leaders without whom restructuring cannot happen. So if a muslim-muslim ticket is what it will take to see him in power, so be it! Nigerians irrespective of religious leaning will be glad he was president when he is through.

Atiku is also a strong advocate of restructuring
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by ogwumgbe: 4:18am On Jun 11, 2022
flipboss:

This is a useless analysis devoid of normal physiological cues.
I'm a northerner, and even the northern Muslims are fed up with Buhari. Everybody is!
Northerners will still vote for Tinubu. Atiku doesn't own the hearts of the people as most of you think.
So just shut the Bleep up with this your stupid analysis.

I believe that Tinubu irrespective of the fact that I am a little bit skeptical of his character will perform incredibly well as a President. He will slice the cabals to pieces, my only fear is that he will focus his attention solely on the West and neglect other places which will eventually be a torn in his presidency and will possibly convert the entire Nation to his private business as he did in Lagos except Anambra because that State is a no go area
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Keneeby(m): 4:18am On Jun 11, 2022
Aboki99:

Why will a Muslim/Muslim ticket not work in Apc? Are xtians more than the muslims in the NW, NE, NC and SW? I concede they are in the SE and SS.

You are bragging none - sense. Who told you moslems are more that christians in Nigeria? Go and check the last census conducted.
We have many christians communities right from the up north of sokoto and all parts of the north. How may moslem communities do we have in the south? You are talking trashes here, disturbing everyone.
There's no Local government in d north without christian communities. I'm waiting for FG to declare holidays for you on fridays so that we know who are dominance. Fooolish boy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Mayflowa(m): 4:41am On Jun 11, 2022
Kenneth4u205:
I really pity Tinubu now . Both Christian VP or Muslim vp won't favour him . He's face with the option of choosing from two evil . Although he will get slightly more vote with Muslim vp ,but he will still loose because even Christian north and Christian SW will vote against him

It is appalling how religion has panned out in Nigeria. So Northern Muslims don't consider a southern Muslim to be Muslim enough to represent the Muslim group? Tinubu, who is contesting for presidency is a Muslim. Why would Northern Nigeria ask for another Muslim candidate in VP? Except the North feels Tinubu is not representing Muslim interests. A Muslim ought to be a Muslim and a Christian a christian.

If there was a Northern Christian vying for the position of a president, I don't believe the South will object to choosing a southern Muslim as VP. We see a Northern Christian same faith as Southern Christians. To think faithful Muslims are determined by location is just absurd and worrisome! We need to rethink our country.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by APCnaPDP: 4:45am On Jun 11, 2022
flipboss:

This is a useless analysis devoid of normal physiological cues.
I'm a northerner, and even the northern Muslims are fed up with Buhari. Everybody is!
Northerners will still vote for Tinubu. Atiku doesn't own the hearts of the people as most of you think.
So just shut the Bleep up with this your stupid analysis.

How can you be tired of Buhari and still vote Tinubu? Just beyond logic sir.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Flier: 5:02am On Jun 11, 2022
MangekyoAlt:
grin no need for CAN to give fools unnecessary warnings. Their arrogance will bring about their downfall.
How do you want him to win without Muslim-muslim ticket ? Where do you want him to pick from ? South East is taken! The only viable solution is NORTH

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Flier: 5:05am On Jun 11, 2022
Mayflowa:

It is appalling how religion has panned out in Nigeria. So Northern Muslims don't consider a southern Muslim to be Muslim enough to represent the Muslim group? Tinubu, who is contesting for presidency is a Muslim. Why would Northern Nigeria ask for another Muslim candidate in VP? Except the North feels Tinubu is not representing Muslim interests. A Muslim ought to be a Muslim and a Christian a christian.

If there was a Northern Christian vying for the position of a president, I don't believe the South will object to choosing a southern Muslim as VP. We see a Northern Christian same faith as Southern Christians. To think faithful Muslims are determined by location is just absurd and worrisome! We need to rethink our country.
He has to pick a northerner and must be a Muslim otherwise he will lose woefully

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by princenaira(m): 5:12am On Jun 11, 2022
Buy it is, if we must say the truth
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by focatah125: 5:24am On Jun 11, 2022
Hdh

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Dagrace01(m): 5:34am On Jun 11, 2022
Thinkam:
grin, Tinubu na coconut head, he no dey hear word.

He's the greatest politician in the universe, Greater than Buhari, Greater than Gej, Greater than Onu...

He will pick a Muslim and still win grin

Christians are minorities and docile, hence It's left to Muslims to take charge and do what they like to the country grin cheesy
You're speaking in the nonsense!
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Lexusgs430: 5:34am On Jun 11, 2022
We are a very polarised society........ They would either bring religious, tribal, cultural sentiments to bamboozle, all the time .........

This buhari/Osinbajo (christian/muslim) ticket, how far with Nigeria's general well-being...... I hear Nigeria is now a developed nation ...........
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by redcliff: 5:35am On Jun 11, 2022
people shouting muslim christian or muslim muslim. Of what use is a VP if his religious views does not align with the president. Shebi na Osibanjo turn to vegetable for Aso rock there and them dey slaughter christians up and down for the country. Wetin guy man do?

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Teymanhenry(f): 5:41am On Jun 11, 2022
Aboki99:
This is puerile!

Political parties care about a winning combination.

As a northerner, I know something for sure;

If Tinubu chooses a xtian as his VP he stands not a BAT in hell's chance of becoming Nigeria's president.

So the northern Muslims who constitute the biggest voting bloc in Nigeria will siddon look the minorities whose combined voting power is nowhere near theirs to rule over them?

Only with a Muslim Muslim ticket does the Apc stands a chance, otherwise they should as well quit the race even before it started. Reason?

The muslims are the majority in the NW, NE, NC and SW(for SW do the math state by state). The only area where Christians predominate are SE and SS. In fact, if not for the magnanimity of Muslims in Nigeria, a xtian can never be Nigeria's president! Yes, you heard me right because the muslims are the majority in this country even according to the CIA factbook (Google it and see)
Muslims are not the Majority in the North Central sir. They are just good in politics

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by RealTalkNoBull: 5:46am On Jun 11, 2022
Ohaneze and CAN are the most divisive bodies in Nigeria.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Spherical17: 5:48am On Jun 11, 2022
APCnaPDP:

How can you be tired of Buhari and still vote Tinubu? Just beyond logic sir.
who do you want him to vote for? So you want him to waste his vote on Obi who won't even come 3rd in the general election? You do well
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by KOE1(m): 5:51am On Jun 11, 2022
Megabig:

Let me see how he can buy Northern votes when Atiku is there, the hungry ones in the north is waiting for Atiku little convincing and dollars… Tinubu doesn’t stand a chance buddy unless he get massive votes from SS and SE. The north is 70% for Atiku

Overconfidence kills SE/SS mentality.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Validated: 5:53am On Jun 11, 2022
Aboki99:
This is puerile!

If Tinubu chooses a xtian as his VP he stands not a BAT in hell's chance of becoming Nigeria's president.

So the northern Muslims who constitute the biggest voting bloc in Nigeria will siddon look the minorities whose combined voting power is nowhere near theirs to rule over them?

Only with a Muslim Muslim ticket does the Apc stands a chance, otherwise they should as well quit the race even before it started. Reason?

The muslims are the majority in the NW, NE, NC and SW(for SW do the math state by state). The only area where Christians predominate are SE and SS. In fact, if not for the magnanimity of Muslims in Nigeria, a xtian can never be Nigeria's president! Yes, you heard me right because the muslims are the majority in this country even according to the CIA factbook (Google it and see).

Okay, let APC and Tinubu go ahead with their demented muslim-muslim ticket. First off, Atiku will poll 60% of North as both muslims and Christians will vote PDP. Secondy NC will be another 70% for Atiku. Benue, Taraba, Plateau and 60% Nasarawa are Christians. Both Kogi and Kwara will give Atiku40% to 45%. Then add SS and SE. The APC cannot get more than 70% from SW with the Igbo PVC revolution ongoing, so it game over for APC and Tinubu and his muslim'muslim minions.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:54am On Jun 11, 2022
funshint:
CAN should consider the religious tolerance level of each region before raising issues that can unnecessarily overheat the polity. Please they should just speak for theirselves. Besides this thing is a case by case thing o.

So this is over heating polity?
A stitch in time ... Doesn't apply to you.

Am not voting for Tinubu or Atiku but Tinubu should not try it.

Christians cud be violent too
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Acidosis(m): 6:00am On Jun 11, 2022
Islam is truly a confused religion (no offence to Muslims here).

So Tinubu's islamic religion is not enough for Northerners to vote him into power? Why is Tinubu still a muslim then?

He should simply convert to Christianity. Since his fellow muslims don't rate him, how is he going to meet Allah at the end of his journey on earth? Haha!

Tinubu should denounce Islam and pick a Northern Muslim grin grin

As for Southern Muslim- Northern Muslim ticket, it is DEAD on arrival.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Acidosis(m): 6:06am On Jun 11, 2022
tesppidd:
But am beginning to agree with the assertion that CAN might be the religious arm of PDP..

After 8 years of Buhari, PDP still gave their ticket to Atiku, which would mean 26 straight years of Northern Fulani Islamic rule.

CAN did not utter a word about this!

Wow! Just wow!!

Northern Fulani? What's CAN's business with that?

Are you aware that some members of CAN are Fulanis? CAN has no business with tribal affiliations.

It is a CHRISTIAN religious body, not an ethnic NGO dude!

Stick to the topic and stop dragging CAN into your Fulani discussion. It is strictly a religious body and its stance applies to all parties.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Grandemperor(m): 6:08am On Jun 11, 2022
Nigeria remains a secular State in my opinion. CAN/MURIC could freely create their own Republics, while Obi, Atiku, Tinubu et al can have atheists/gentiles as trekking companions. A government is merely extant to create and maintain a convergent enabling environment for its residents. My religion is personalised as a Hindu-Christian of the Roman Catholic variety devoid of partisan political inclination. In the Almighty God, I abide through the immaculate conception of Our Lord Jesus Christ born of the Virgin Mary. Who no know go know.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by jimmynauty: 6:09am On Jun 11, 2022
funshint:

Condemned post
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Chochovini: 6:13am On Jun 11, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Of course I agree he is our next president of the Iragbiji town union
. LOLS @ Iragbiji. What is that by the way?
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by nony43(m): 6:14am On Jun 11, 2022
Aboki99:

We are talking about Apc and the possibility of a muslim/muslim ticket.

Almost all northerners will indeed vote Atiku en bloc if Apc goes Muslim/Xtian.

Yes, the first criteria for northern muslims is religion. Both Tinubu and Atiku pass this test.

Then don't forget the second consideration is region.
With a Tinubu/Christian ticket, the norther muslims will rather go for Atiku. Blood is thicker than water.

You are making sense.

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Naijadaily: 6:16am On Jun 11, 2022
So the dumb youths rooting for Tinubu didn't know what will befall them right ?? Anyways! The same mouth you used to reject South-East Presidency is that same mouth you nuts use to support Muslim Muslim Ticket...
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by kollinz1234(m): 6:17am On Jun 11, 2022
Aboki99:
This is puerile!

The muslims are the majority in the NW, NE, NC and SW(for SW do the math state by state). The only area where Christians predominate are SE and SS. In fact, if not for the magnanimity of Muslims in Nigeria, a xtian can never be Nigeria's president! Yes, you heard me right because the muslims are the majority in this country even according to the CIA factbook (Google it and see).

I pray Tinubu dances to your tune and select a Muslim deputy, that way, Atiku and Tinubu will share the votes from Muslims in the north while Obi will enjoy all the votes from the Christians in the north and claim SE and SS with a landslide then we will know who will win the election.

Muslim votes can win you election and yet Jonathan whom the south overwhelming supported in 2011 beat your Buhari with over 5million votes. Something is wrong with your Head

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Posh Properties Owned By Atiku, Ekweremadu, Orji Kalu, Other Nigerians In Dubai / Revolution Now August 5th Protest: Omoyele Sowore Gives Updates / Youths Hold Rally For Bola Tinubu In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.