Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,143 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 (41007 Views)

PFN Rejects Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says It Stands By CAN's Decision / Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass / Prophet Iginla Warns Against Tinubu’s Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says A Sign Of War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Tomek09(m): 11:02pm On Jun 10, 2022
dochenaj:
I'm not even a Muslim dude.

But CAN should realize saying things like this doesn't change anything and wouldn't influence APC's decision.

The truth is that if APC doesn't field a Muslim as VP, they may never even come close to being runner up in the next year elections. So it is in their best interest to field a Muslim/Muslim ticket and funny enough Tinubu doesn't see anything wrong with that, considering he wanted to run as Buhari's vice in 2015.

All CAN can do is ask their members to boycott the APC if they field a Muslim/Muslim ticket.
Same issue that worked against him in 2015 is what he wants to risk as Presidential Candidate. Okay oooo
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Franking: 11:03pm On Jun 10, 2022
There's nothing CAN can do about it. These guys will call ur bluff and nothing will happen.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Aboki99(m): 11:03pm On Jun 10, 2022
davodyguy:

Do you now believe that Jesus is the son of God since you quoted a part in the Bible where Jesus described himself as son of God?

Metaphorically yes. Literally no. Because there alot of people in the bible who are called the sons of God. Abraham, moses, Elias, Jacob etc are all sons of God.Does that make them God too? Ur mumu Don do

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by basseeafricana: 11:04pm On Jun 10, 2022
powerfulguy:

https://dailytrust.com/2023-can-rejects-muslim-muslim-presidential-ticket
Useless religious organization. They want him to pick northern Christian minority in order to reduce his chance of wining. If he pick Muslim, you should vote Obi or Atiku.

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by basseeafricana: 11:04pm On Jun 10, 2022
powerfulguy:

https://dailytrust.com/2023-can-rejects-muslim-muslim-presidential-ticket
Useless religious organization. They want him to pick northern Christian minority in order to reduce his chance of wining. If he picks Muslim, you should vote Obi or Atiku.

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by MDK777: 11:04pm On Jun 10, 2022
Add a political thug I mean is Christian association of Nigeria a political thug
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Aboki99(m): 11:05pm On Jun 10, 2022
benardtotti:

So how did Jonathan win in 2011 and beat both Atiku and Buhari ? 2 heavyweight Muslims? Pls explain

Lol, don't deceive urself about the false votes then. It was pdp they did.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Tomek09(m): 11:05pm On Jun 10, 2022
Aboki99:

What a "love" u show me for airing my opinion!

"Religion of love"
Mtcheeeew. You guys are so arrogant and annoying. You won't accept Muslim/ North Christian ticket but you want others to accept Muslim-Muslim ticket because you think Muslims have the numbers to decide who becomes President. Same way Buhari failed three times until help came to him from South in 2015. Continue exhibiting hypocrisy on same scenario you won't approve.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by davodyguy: 11:06pm On Jun 10, 2022
Aboki99:

Metaphorically yes. Literally no. Because there alot of people in the bible who are called the sons of God. Abraham, moses, Elias, Jacob etc are all sons of God.Does that make them God too? Ur mumu Don do
Do you know this can be considered blasphemy?
You're countering belief of others, which they can find offensive.

Will you take offensive post against your prophet and not react?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by DrAkpa(m): 11:07pm On Jun 10, 2022
Cyberterror:
For the first time in a long while, Nigerians have a realistic opportunity to restructure the country with Tinubu. Everyone knows he is a strong and vocal advocate of restructuring. He commands the respect and trust of key northern leaders without whom restructuring cannot happen. So if a muslim-muslim ticket is what it will take to see him in power, so be it! Nigerians irrespective of religious leaning will be glad he was president when he is through.

Pls can you keep quiet? How can a frail looking sick old man restructure Nigeria when he is a beneficiary from the imbalance? Now I know why they term u people in the west as hypocrites

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by haffaze777(m): 11:07pm On Jun 10, 2022
Can someone tell me what's CAN?

God bless emi lokan 1 of Africa

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by effido666: 11:07pm On Jun 10, 2022
Megabig:

Let me see how he can buy Northern votes when Atiku is there, the hungry ones in the north is waiting for Atiku little convincing and dollars… Tinubu doesn’t stand a chance buddy unless he get massive votes from SS and SE. The north is 70% for Atiku
U too wise grin..... 2023 election result go spark people head/brain

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Tomek09(m): 11:07pm On Jun 10, 2022
basseeafricana:

Useless religious organization. They want him to pick northern Christian minority in order to reduce his chance of wining. If he picks Muslim, you should vote Obi or Atiku.
Tinubu himself knows the consequences of picking Muslim-Muslim ticket. Well, APC seems not bothered whether they retain Presidency or not.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Didijiji: 11:08pm On Jun 10, 2022
CAPITAL NO TO MUSLIM/MUSLIM TICKET...

IT CAN NEVER HAPPEN..

TRY IT AND NIGERIA IS GONE

CHRISTIANS ARE EVEN DULL. BUHARI A MUSLIM JUST FINISHED SO A CHRISTIAN SHOULD TAKE OVER. AS IF THAT IS NOT ENOUGH, THEY ARE PROPOSING A MUSLIM/MUSLIM TICKET.

NIGERIA GO VARNISH

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by 2loadedguy: 11:08pm On Jun 10, 2022
benardtotti:

So how did Jonathan win in 2011 and beat both Atiku and Buhari ? 2 heavyweight Muslims? Pls explain
The answer is structures, political structures win election and not online propaganda like can. At that time pdp had the most widespread structure all over Nigeria until the acn/cpc merger in 2015. Now Apc structures is all over the north so muslim/Muslim ticket would work fine

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Tomek09(m): 11:08pm On Jun 10, 2022
haffaze777:
Can someone tell me what's CAN?

God bless emi lokan 1 of Africa
Lol
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by davodyguy: 11:09pm On Jun 10, 2022
Aboki99:

What a "love" u show me for airing my opinion!

"Religion of love"
Did your fellow Muslim in Abuja show love to the guard they killed last week for refusing to do the bidding of his killers?

Did you follow the news today of how a lady was set ablaze for holding a Qur'an as a non Muslim?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by davodyguy: 11:10pm On Jun 10, 2022
Didijiji:
CAPITAL NO TO MUSLIM/MUSLIM TICKET...

IT CAN NEVER HAPPEN..

TRY IT AND NIGERIA IS GONE
Can they allow South President and South Vice President?

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by damwaves: 11:10pm On Jun 10, 2022
Who are they talking about? Tinubu who is already in Aso rock. Jockers everywhere.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Tomek09(m): 11:10pm On Jun 10, 2022
DrAkpa:

Pls can you keep quiet? How can a frail looking sick old man restructure Nigeria when he is a beneficiary from the imbalance? Now I know why they term u people in the west as hypocrite
Na today you know afonjas? They think Nigeria begins from Lagos passes through Oshogbo and ends in Ore. I just dey laugh dem. Let Tinubu pick a Muslim ticket na sure bet for him grin
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Didijiji: 11:10pm On Jun 10, 2022
2loadedguy:

The answer is structures, political structures win election and not online propaganda like can. At that time pdp had the most widespread structure all over Nigeria until the acn/cpc merger in 2015. Now Apc structures is all over the north so muslim/Muslim ticket would work fine
for your mam village
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by paramakina202: 11:10pm On Jun 10, 2022
Aboki99:
This is puerile!

Political parties care about a winning combination.

As a northerner, I know something for sure;

If Tinubu chooses a xtian as his VP he stands not a BAT in hell's chance of becoming Nigeria's president.

So the northern Muslims who constitute the biggest voting bloc in Nigeria will siddon look the minorities whose combined voting power is nowhere near theirs to rule over them?

Only with a Muslim Muslim ticket does the Apc stands a chance, otherwise they should as well quit the race even before it started. Reason?

The muslims are the majority in the NW, NE, NC and SW(for SW do the math state by state). The only area where Christians predominate are SE and SS. In fact, if not for the magnanimity of Muslims in Nigeria, a xtian can never be Nigeria's president! Yes, you heard me right because the muslims are the majority in this country even according to the CIA factbook (Google it and see).

If you are too sure that muslims are majority why do muslims oppose to include religion and tribe into our national census data to determine who is actually a majority?You will rather prefer to quote CIA.

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Tomek09(m): 11:12pm On Jun 10, 2022
damwaves:
Who are they talking about? Tinubu who is already in Aso rock. Jockers everywhere.
Of course nah. He will defeat Atiku and Obi before 10:00am on election day grin grin
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Mccullum: 11:12pm On Jun 10, 2022
aumeehn:

Oh Ganduje didn't lost his Home base?
This shows that you are just a following Kano politics online. Do you know who Shekarau and Kwankwaso are in Kano Politics? I

I won't say much, why because you guys are deluded and think that Nigeria is just the SW.
Allah ya barmu da rai da Lafiya Ameen.

Still waiting to see how a Muslim Muslim ticket will fly. Hahahaha these guys thought that Northerners are just fools and religious bigots.

Northerners vote base on two reasons
Religion and Regionalism.

A Southern Muslim don't have the same Clout as a Northern Muslim
No Northerner will vote for a VP position while giving up a presidential position of a Muslim and also a Northerner.

The odds are against the Drug Baron!
This is 2023 not 1993 besides did Abiola smell Aso Rock? No! The Election was annuled.

Just waiting to see how a Muslim/Muslim candidates will present themselves to Northern states with lots of Christian, The likes of Plateau Nasarawa Niger Benue Taraba Adamawa. And also convince the predominantly Muslim NW to give up Presidency and Settle for VP.

The Northern Governor's just chop and clean mouth. Atiku will be declared winner before 2pm. grin grin grin

I'll remind you when Tinubu become the president elect of Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by egunna(m): 11:12pm On Jun 10, 2022
[quote author=Jackbaur88 post=113684370][/quote]u convenienty left Kwara out.u say muslims are not majority in nasarawa,kogi and Niger?do u know what u are saying?as far as north central is concerned,u can only argue about plateau ND benue.u even give hige statistics to xtian population in the ne,hmmm,u try.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by phemmyfour: 11:13pm On Jun 10, 2022
Megabig:

Let me see how he can buy Northern votes when Atiku is there, the hungry ones in the north is waiting for Atiku little convincing and dollars… Tinubu doesn’t stand a chance buddy unless he get massive votes from SS and SE. The north is 70% for Atiku
Atiku is not their candidate in the North

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Didijiji: 11:13pm On Jun 10, 2022
Mccullum:

I'll remind you when Tinubu become the president elect of Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Taaaaaa
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Tomek09(m): 11:14pm On Jun 10, 2022
2loadedguy:

Same Muslim-Muslim scenario that made APC reject Buhari-Tinubu ticket in 2015 that paved way for Osinbajo nomination is what Tinubu himself wants to risk in 2023. He should go ahead, he will surely defeat Atiku and co.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Tomek09(m): 11:15pm On Jun 10, 2022
phemmyfour:
Atiku is not their candidate in the North
Who then is Northern Candidate

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Abbeytoy(m): 11:17pm On Jun 10, 2022
I think CAN and MURIC should turn to a political party and present a presidential candidate.

Their stupid engagement in politics lately is getting too much
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by phemmyfour: 11:17pm On Jun 10, 2022
Tomek09:

Who then is Northern Candidate
Tinubu. You don't even know that NW governors are supporting Tinubu and northerners are loyal to their leaders.

Even the NE is not 100% for Atiku

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

"Asiwaju 2023", Oyinbo Ladies Campaign For Tinubu (Photo, Video) / States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters / Fayose Pictured Cutting Fish In The Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.