Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,369 members, 7,861,017 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:06 PM

Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War (55295 Views)

Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' / Amaechi Talks Tough, Said Saturday Will Be Battle Not Election (pics/video) / Osinbajo: We Are Learning ‘Shaku Shaku’ Dance Steps For Our Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by DMerciful(m): 8:30pm On Jun 10, 2022
Tinubu will not fight corruption because he was shapen in corruption.

Obi will fix corruption for good.
Mandate2023:

Tinubu is d best person to reposition Nigeria and take it from d northerners....he knows hw to use d best brain trust me, stop being a tribal bigots
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by Dannyset(m): 8:31pm On Jun 10, 2022
Ekugbeh:
things can take a turn, they can tilt to your advantage. There's no qualms in trying

Sure! But not in all circumstances. At the die minutes into the convention, he called the Yoruba leaders and traditional to step down for Tinubu, that they've decided to give him backing, he refused.

How do you now go back to those Fathers and look them in the eyes and say you disobeyed them because there's no harm in trying?

You see how he was booed by all SW delegates at Eagles square on that day?

Those are the things he will have to live with for a long time. Not good if you ask me.

But then, it's always good not to checkout a you have said.
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by nwokoocha: 8:32pm On Jun 10, 2022
Spherical17:
I'm done with you fool and emotionally unbalanced youths judging the outcome of general election based on online poll

If you are convinced that your Obi will win then let's place a bet

Simple!!!
To slap you dey hungry me cool
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by Dannyset(m): 8:32pm On Jun 10, 2022
jaxxy:

If he plays his cards right he can still be president.

How na for God sake bayi?
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by Ubycare: 8:33pm On Jun 10, 2022
You lost the battle for a new Nigeria but you still want us to support the person that would still drag us backward.
I give up!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 10, 2022
AFRICANJAMAICA:
This is true..

Any youth that is supporting tinubu or atiku.
Is a failure..
He or she have and will never travel out of this country

They are free to support any candidate of their choice.
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by Spherical17: 8:35pm On Jun 10, 2022
nwokoocha:
To slap you dey hungry me cool
you're free to do whatever will make you happy and give you hope that an igbo man will become the president of the zoo come next year

Afterall everyone deserve to be happy

The reality will pop up come February next year
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by frog12: 8:39pm On Jun 10, 2022
so he was killed because he sacked thousands of civil servants. hulahula. this your analysis dey amaze us ooo grin grin

abbey621:

Gowon was ousted because after Gowon got his revenge on the Igbos, he had no real plan for the country(Same way Buhari did in 2015), Murtala ousted Gowon due to this, Murtala tried to implement a series of executive orders aimed at revamping the public sector especially civil servants who were ineffective/ghost workers. People that were supposed to be working for the Nigerian public were often lazy, ineffective, nonchalant, he dismissed over 10,000 of them. If that man had time, he would have revamped Nigeria completely, oh by the way he was only in his thirties.
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by Millimann: 8:40pm On Jun 10, 2022
LedRock:
Most Nigerians are idiots. Don’t expect them to elect anyone sensible, just hustle to make your money and leave this sh*thole for a sane society.

God bless you hundred times!!!

Their stupidity is something else.
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by humberjade: 8:40pm On Jun 10, 2022
abbey621:

So you agree that technorats are not suitable for the Nigerian political system because even if you had a supportive president, you must still navigate the cabals, the Senate & House members, religious and tribal factions. This is why I laugh at those suypporting Osibanjo and Obi, this present Nigeria requires a mean ass businessman, a shrewd negotiator and someone not afraid to make enemies.

Think about it, if you're old enough to remember, a certain general named Murtala was killed because he decided to do things with immediate effect, he saw the direction the country was heading and wanted change immediately. Another example, the mean old Obasanjo who made it his mission to attract investors to Nigeria's communication sector when most of our politicians wanted Nitel. Even Tinubu is an example, we all know how he showed Obasanjo that Lagos is self sufficient and how he saw the opportunity and importance of developing Lekki.

My point is simple, technorats without action are as useless as the P in psychology. Nigeria needs a visionary that is not a nice guy, an action man that will say f*ck this, this country will be great I don't care if I have to break some heads grin grin

So in your church mind you think Tinubu will perform wonders? A technocrat as the no 1, will do his own free will. When Osibanjo was trying to proof himself, not only did his crash landed twice, he was relieved of the responsibilities Buhari initially gave him.

While we aren't even sure if Tinubu would win the Presidential election, I can't but imagine the kinda government Tinubu will run if he wins. Baba wey don nearly privatise Lagos finish, baba wey dey encourage thuggery, baba wey dey impose, baba wey through Alpha Beta dey frustrate governors he forced to use the Tax company. Although I know all the front runners are chronic thieves, but thieves get levels. But I admit he is far better than Atiku, except for his health of course. I mean, the guy couldn't hold a flag for crying out loud. How is he going to cope with the rigours of the electioneering campaigns?

Well sha, if God has destined him to lead naija, no Jupiter can stop him, otherwise, he just labours in vain. I would really love to be proven wrong about him.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by frog12: 8:40pm On Jun 10, 2022
that's a lie. osinbajo is not smart. a smart person knows he had no chance in apc. osinbajo was only looking for his pocket.

Wilson2013:
Your entry into the race really gave hope to millions of youths who have long been thirsty of a new breed of leaders in government. It's unfortunate we don't value honour, integrity and competence. Nigeria has missed a golden opportunity. Osinbajo comes once in a generation
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by nwokoocha: 8:43pm On Jun 10, 2022
Spherical17:
you're free to do whatever will make you happy and give you hope that an igbo man will become the president of the zoo come next year

Afterall everyone deserve to be happy

The reality will pop up come February next year
I don't exchange words with married women cool
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by Testimony1988(m): 8:44pm On Jun 10, 2022
It's well, his time will surely come.
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by Spherical17: 8:48pm On Jun 10, 2022
nwokoocha:
anything to make you happy with lots of hope is welcome

Since your happiness is linked and tied to your Obi becoming the president of a zoo then no qualms

Everyone deserve to be happy

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by PINKYandBRAIN: 8:48pm On Jun 10, 2022
lalasticlala:

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/06/10/we-lost-the-battle-not-the-war-osinbajo-says-new-nigeria-remains-possible/

BRAIN: My Primary Message to The Nigerian Youth is that They Should Not Waste Their Precious Time online. They should utilize News like this Fruitfully to their S.E.O Advantage as This is One of The Best Investment they can do to themselves while reading News on this Forum.

PINKY: What's The Best Investment in The World, BRAIN ?

BRAIN: The Best Investment Is On Yourself ooo (in Timaya's) Voice:

https://www.nairaland.com/7129969/best-investment-yourself-step-step/2

Learn How To Invest in Yourself Through The Metaverse World of Cryptos:

https://www.nairaland.com/6962164/financial-freedom-enlightenment-financially-free/2

Use Your BRAIN, Stop Getting Scammed in the name of Digital Investment. Stop Sending Money to Brands in the name of "investments".

Invest in Yourself by Yourself, For Yourself.
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by crafteck(m): 8:48pm On Jun 10, 2022
Froshloaded:
Clown
You should have stepped down, your political career is about to become history .

He doesn't need politics to survive, hes survival is not based on Squeezing the last drop of peace and funds out of lagosians.
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by Mandate2023: 8:50pm On Jun 10, 2022
DMerciful:
Tinubu will not fight corruption because he was shapen in corruption.

Obi will fix corruption for good.

The same obi pandora grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by blazesam(m): 8:52pm On Jun 10, 2022
Ovo200:
If Osinbajo has million number of fans I am one of them. If Osinbajo has fifty fans I am one of them. If Osinbajo has only one fan and that is me. If Osinbajo has no fans, that means I am no longer on earth. If the world against Osinbajo, I am against the world.

Narrow it to 2 fans... I am either the first or the second.
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by abbey621(m): 8:54pm On Jun 10, 2022
humberjade:

So in your church mind you think Tinubu will perform wonders? A technocrat as the no 1, will do his own free will. When Osibanjo was trying to proof himself, not only did his crash landed twice, he was relieved of the responsibilities Buhari initially gave him.

While we aren't even sure if Tinubu would win the Presidential election, I can't but imagine the kinda government Tinubu will run if he wins. Baba wey don nearly privatise Lagos finish, baba wey dey encourage thuggery, baba wey dey impose, baba wey through Alpha Beta dey frustrate governors he forced to use the Tax company. Although I know all the front runners are chronic thieves, but thieves get levels. But I admit he is far better than Atiku, except for his health of course. I mean, the guy couldn't hold a flag for crying out loud. How is he going to cope with the rigours of the electioneering campaigns?

Well sha, if God has destined him to lead naija, no Jupiter can stop him, otherwise, he just labours in vain. I would really love to be proven wrong about him.

The problem with many Nigerians is we want to reach heaven but don't want to die. Think about it, we all know the obstacles, we all know the cabals, the religious and ethnic bigots that stands in the way of anyone wanting positive change for Nigeria. I even gave you examples in Nigerian history of how people got things done. You yourself just confirmed that Osibanjo was silenced, now ask yourself who is likely to get things done out of Tinubu, Obi or Atiku. Who is likely not to be silenced by cabals, ethnic and religious bigots? Who has the most international connections and ability to attract investors? Who is likely to pull technorats with vast level of experience from all sectors?

I pride myself on one thing, I do not fanatasize, I do not delude myself that a gentleman can save Nigeria. Nigeria right now is the lion's mouth, one must be fearless enough to pry its mouth open and expose the goodies! I do not believe a Fulani can do this, I also do not believe a soft man wiht no experience of dealing with the cabals can do this. Good or bad, we need a man of action, a man feared both in the North and the South.......THIS IS JUST MY OPINION, EVERYONE IS FREE TO DO AS THEY DEEM FIT!
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by abbey621(m): 8:55pm On Jun 10, 2022
frog12:
so he was killed because he sacked thousands of civil servants. hulahula. this your analysis dey amaze us ooo grin grin

You dey read but can't comprehend, you asked what did he achieve and I gave you one example. Stop being mischievous!
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by lereinter(m): 8:55pm On Jun 10, 2022
Dannyset:
grin

A very good man, that was deceived into believing he has everything to go against a renowned politician. No be juju be that?

He was taught a serious lesson that was difficult for him to understand.

Hopefully, he would use the remaining 11 months of this administration to showcase some of his plans, except he doesn't wish his principal well.

After getting help from the devil, you want to battle the devil

No be juju be that
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by NPTJ(m): 8:58pm On Jun 10, 2022
nwokoocha:
you can't even handle the pure truth.

He told if that is what will comfort you pending till when election takes place and you quickly change goal post grin grin

Obi and his online polls

Tueh for who do una like this cheesy
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by Dannyset(m): 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2022
lereinter:

After getting help from the devil, you want to battle the devil

No be juju be that

Lolz! Getat grin
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by Toktee(m): 9:02pm On Jun 10, 2022
naija4life247:

Do you even have any generation? Supporters of Judas will all end up miserable like their father judssy
Coward. grin
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by Sixfiguresmart(m): 9:07pm On Jun 10, 2022
This is the best man for the job. A central figure that connects all tribes. A vibrant and educated man who is willing to listen to people.
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by Sapphire94: 9:21pm On Jun 10, 2022
Ovo200:
If Osinbajo has million number of fans I am one of them. If Osinbajo has fifty fans I am one of them. If Osinbajo has only one fan and that is me. If Osinbajo has no fans, that means I am no longer on earth. If the world against Osinbajo, I am against the world.

You are Osinbajo
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by humberjade: 9:23pm On Jun 10, 2022
abbey621:

The problem with many Nigerians is we want to reach heaven but don't want to die. Think about it, we all know the obstacles, we all know the cabals, the religious and ethnic bigots that stands in the way of anyone wanting positive change for Nigeria. I even gave you examples in Nigerian history of how people got things done. You yourself just confirmed that Osibanjo was silenced, now ask yourself who is likely to get things done out of Tinubu, Obi or Atiku. Who is likely not to be silenced by cabals, ethnic and religious bigots? Who has the most international connections and ability to attract investors? Who is likely to pull technorats with vast level of experience from all sectors?

I pride myself on one thing, I do not fanatasize, I do not delude myself that a gentleman can save Nigeria. Nigeria right now is the lion's mouth, one must be fearless enough to pry its mouth open and expose the goodies! I do not believe a Fulani can do this, I also do not believe a soft man wiht no experience of dealing with the cabals can do this. Good or bad, we need a man of action, a man feared both in the North and the South.......THIS IS JUST MY OPINION, EVERYONE IS FREE TO DO AS THEY DEEM FIT!

If Tinubu is as astute and fearless as you paint him to be, why was he silent all these while despite the wanton of killings openly and discreetly going on in Yorubaland? Not once did he openly criticise the senseless killings. When Pa Fasonranti's daughter must murdered by Fulani herdsmen, as confirmed by her driver and later, as proven after the culprits arrest, what did Tinubu say? "Where are the herdsmen, where are the cows"?

Markets were burning in the South (SW) , he didn't even sympathise with them not to talk of showing the philanthropic side he showed when tragedy struck I'm the North; donating 50m on each occasion. Just like Atiku who wasn't man enough to stand firm on his criticism of Deborah’s murder- both old men are self serving.

When the then DSS director, was misbehaving, before and during Buhari's sickness, Osibanjo, as acting President suspended him (later even recommending his sack), even when the cabal dared him. Someone even Buhari couldn't sack o. Same Osibanjo's reign as acting President was the only time Nigerians were happy with this APC government. He cooled tensions...Npower was going smoothly until Adeosun was booted out and the scheme taken away from him.
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by chaloskyx: 9:25pm On Jun 10, 2022
Oga we have lost both the war and battle Nigeria is gone
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by ledaman: 9:28pm On Jun 10, 2022
Benbellamor:

You're even more deluded to Tinubu because you've surrendered your brain to him to think for you
Osinbajo have great respect as per self esteem.... Atiku will eventually take the day
Another traitor found Osibande family
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by TheNiceGuy(m): 9:49pm On Jun 10, 2022
I'm not a failure grin
This is democracy not autocratic settings.

You can't force your candidate on me neither will I force mine on you

How will my support for a 70yrs old man prevent me from traveling out of the Country? Or means I've never traveled outta the Country/exposed?
How old is Trump, Joe Biden, ji ping? And host of others
Explain please
AFRICANJAMAICA:
This is true..

Any youth that is supporting tinubu or atiku.
Is a failure..
He or she have and will never travel out of this country
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by abbey621(m): 10:00pm On Jun 10, 2022
humberjade:

If Tinubu is as astute and fearless as you paint him to be, why was he silent all these while despite the wanton of killings openly and discreetly going on in Yorubaland? Not once did he openly criticise the senseless killings. When Pa Fasonranti's daughter must murdered by Fulani herdsmen, as confirmed by her driver and later, as proven after the culprits arrest, what did Tinubu say? "Where are the herdsmen, where are the cows"?

Markets were burning in the South (SW) , he didn't even sympathise with them not to talk of showing the philanthropic side he showed when tragedy struck I'm the North; donating 50m on each occasion. Just like Atiku who wasn't man enough to stand firm on his criticism of Deborah’s murder- both old men are self serving.

When the then DSS director, was misbehaving, before and during Buhari's sickness, Osibanjo, as acting President suspended him (later even recommending his sack), even when the cabal dared him. Someone even Buhari couldn't sack o. [s]Same Osibanjo's reign as acting President was the only time Nigerians were happy with this APC government.[/s] He cooled tensions...Npower was going smoothly until Adeosun was booted out and the scheme taken away from him.

So you prefer he goes on a rant causing religious and ethnic clashes to magnify, causing the coutnry to go into a state of emergency? There are other ways to support Yorubaland than bringing the country into chaos like Sunday or Kanu almost did. Ametokun is one way, have you ever asked yourself who finances such groups? 9ja politics no be for kids o, if Tinubu had made such a mistake it would have been equivalent to war, if lives were lost as a result, it would be easy to accuse him of treason and then what's the point? Yoruba saying goes, "Ti owo omode o ba ti te eku ida, ko le bere iku to pa baba e"....When a man has hardly laid his hands on the handle of a sword, it is foolhardy to ask for the kind of death which killed his father...

P.S. Point of correction, Nigerians have never been happy with APC government, DA PA DA, DON'T SAY SUCH AGAIN!
Re: Osinbajo: We Lost The New Nigeria Battle, Not The War by teeste: 10:05pm On Jun 10, 2022
EkiranAlexmedia:

Teeste, You are a big fool for saying that. Having a short or tall stature does not make u a good or bad person.

I am 5 ft tall and still, I don't discriminate like u

Short snitch, your annoyance self dey show Napoleon syndrome grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Deji Adeyanju Attacked During 'Free Sowore' Rally, FFK Reacts (Photos) / Obasanjo Donates A Chimpanzee ‘Patience’ To A Zoo / Revealed: Reason Buhari Is Yet To Move Into Aso Rock - Breaking Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.