Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here (187500 Views)

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (92) (Go Down)

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by lifestyle1(m): 9:20pm On Apr 04, 2012
Bussyme: Hi NL, a friend told me 2day that he lost confirmation code of 2013 ,how can he recover it back. Thanks.

How ? where did he save it ?
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Pelumiv(m): 11:14pm On Apr 04, 2012
Am happy for u temmy n ade, hope we make it 2. Se dem go ask where u go leave for us?
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 1:00am On Apr 05, 2012
life_style:

How ? where did he save it ?
. Paper printed out
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Pelumiv(m): 9:06am On Apr 05, 2012
Eya! Sowie abt dat.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by anitaokoli1: 9:34am On Apr 05, 2012
hi everyone,am anita new in da house dou. @ temmy how long did u stay after d second interview before they contacted u cos am in da same shoes. waitn for ur reply
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by busayodot: 1:10pm On Apr 05, 2012
Hullo everyone, me new to the forum. Congratulations temmy. My sis is slated for 2nd interview with her 2 kids next week, to bring past photographs. Do U think it is possible to b allowed to drop the passports next week? Also can u change ur place to stay during the interview as she would like to stay in another state. Thanks everyone

1 Like

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by moozza67(m): 1:44pm On Apr 05, 2012
temmytanny: I will try and make things brief for you so that you dont get bored.

It all started on july 2oth when i checked the results and discovered i won. It was mixed emotions for me cos i applied as single and now married and such processing is difficult and long. I made many calls ,emails,did my researches and even visited some people who could help me out. I discovered it was possible for me include my family as beneficiaries. SO i sent mail to KCC and i was happy when they said its possible and my wife and baby were listed as beneficiaries . Then another burden came upon me, the cost implications. I was just recovering from a wedding and my wife was heavy(expecting our baby) but i kept all hope on BABA GOD believing he will do it.
So i went ahead and did all the necessary arrangements sent my forms to KCC and they replied me fixing my interview date for late Jan. I made sure the baby was born and i got his birth certificate before i sent my forms to KCC

MY FIRST INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

I arrived at the embassy as early as 630am and after 5mins,we were called in two separate lines Immigrants and Non immigrants. Went tru all the security and visa payment stuffs. Then the waiting began

I was called to window 16 where i met a slim white lady

CO- how are you
Me- am fine
CO- can you give me your full names?
ME- bla bla
CO- how old are you?
ME- bla bla
CO- i can see you are a graduate,can you tell me about your project?
ME- bla bla
CO- so you designed and fabricated an equipment?
ME- yes
CO- whats it benefits to US ?
ME- bla bla
CO- where do you work?
ME- bla bla
CO- so you are now into telcoms?
ME- yes
CO- How do you resolve issues when there is network congestion?
ME- bla bla
CO- where is your company located?
ME- bla bla
CO- Why are you not working for companies like MTN?
ME- i laughed and told her i have been applying but i havent gotten job there.
CO- Where is you company ID card?
ME- i showed her.
CO- which other company does your company work for as clients
ME- I mentioned Ericsson and fortunately Erisscon is on same street with the embassy,so she was really impressed.
CO- Are your married?
ME- yes
CO- when and where did you meet your wife?
ME- 2006. then she paused for like 3mins typing and looking tru her system, then she left the desk and came back with a white paper telling that she would deny me
CO- Am sorry,i cant give you visa but you have another opportunity to come back on Feb14th to prove your marital status.
ME- but i have all the wedding pictures and documents to prove that.
CO- No, i wont check that, just come back on FEb14th
ME- sorry, my wife wont be available on the said date.
Co- how about 16th?
ME- okay, we will honor that.
CO- Thank you
ME- thank you

I left there the counter dejected cos i was the first to be denied that day.

2ND Interview

I arrived at the embassy about 11 am in the morning and was ushered into the second gate where i waited for about one hour to be interview. A NIgerian came to me and called my full names smiling. He requested my wife to wait while i follow him into his office.

CO- your are Mr. sososososososo
ME - yes
CO - I want to know everything about,from the day you were born till now.
ME- i told him
CO- i need to know all the places you have worked and stayed since you started work?
ME- told him, i was getting tired so i requested for water.
CO- who is that woman out there?
ME- i smiled and told him she is my wife?
CO- When did you meet?
ME - 2006
CO- tell me everything about you two since you met in 2006 and how have been communicating cos i can see you had a distant affair?
ME- i told him and even showed him some of the flight bookings i booked for her during our courtship. Then all of a sudden he collected my bag and started searching.
he brought my photo album,which i arranged from how i met my wife till when we got wedded. He never asked me any question from the album.
CO - What is this?
ME- its the flight ticket she used to travled last two weeks. He collected it and put in his files. He also saw my wife ante natal card and made photocopy.
CO- MR sososososo, let go! That was after about one hour of interview

then we left his office to where my wife was sitting then he requested that she gives the baby to me while she follow him to his office.

To my surprise ,they came out after just 10mins. He now said they will get back to us soon but i made him understand that i dont stay much in naija cos of the nature of my job, he said i shouldnt worry that they will reply us soon. so we left the embassy.

Guys, i too talk ooooo! Till tomorrow for final and concluding part of my embassy story to success. sorry for my poor english

My guy, you are the luckiest man of the month, thank u for telling us your experience without leaving any detail, kindly pray for us we the expectant of dv2013,

PLEASE CAN U OR ANY FORUMITE EXPLAIN TO ME WHEN A CASE NUMBER IS SAID TO BE CURRENT AT A SPECIFIC PERIOD.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Dejie4live: 5:10pm On Apr 05, 2012
@ Busayodot, a case number (CN) become current in d month u'll be slated for an interview. Gudluck 2u in 2013.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 5:17pm On Apr 05, 2012
Hello fellow NL members, 25 days to see 2013 dvlottery online. May God help all members to win this yr.
JUSTWISE,how far thax 4 forum o,our prayer be say more & many winners for 2013 member sha. 3 gbosa 4 u.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by busayodot: 5:31pm On Apr 05, 2012
@dejie4live, think you got me wrong. I didn't ask about 2013. The case num is already active and the first interview has already been done, was told to bring photos of the family in the past for the second interview. Just want to know if it is advisable to ask to change the address of residence in the US during the interview (second). This case might be a little similar to temmytanny's, just not that complicated.

@Temmytanny, would love to hear from you. Congratulations again, would join you soon
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by busayodot: 5:45pm On Apr 05, 2012
@Bussyme,
Bussyme: . Paper printed out
Once confirmation number is gone. You can't get to check any longer , so sorry for the person. He'll have to wait for dv 2014
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by busayodot: 5:48pm On Apr 05, 2012
@whitebrown, I think her case is an easy one, but let's keep praying so it gets fast and she gets to submit the passports for visa next week
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by dridowu: 6:26pm On Apr 05, 2012
Bussyme: Hello fellow NL members, 25 days to see 2013 dvlottery online. May God help all members to win this yr.
JUSTWISE,how far thax 4 forum o,our prayer be say more & many winners for 2013 member sha. 3 gbosa 4 u.
yes oooo my broda, 25 daz more, i believe God will do good to we members so dat will too can share our testimony wit odas.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:29pm On Apr 05, 2012
anita.okoli:
hi everyone,am anita new in da house dou. @ temmy how long did u stay after d second interview before they contacted u cos am in da same shoes. waitn for ur reply

about 6weeks after the interview but some one was contacted two weeks after he did his second interview so their investigation determines when they could call.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:34pm On Apr 05, 2012
busayodot: Hullo everyone, me new to the forum. Congratulations temmy. My sis is slated for 2nd interview with her 2 kids next week, to bring past photographs. Do U think it is possible to b allowed to drop the passports next week? Also can u change ur place to stay during the interview as she would like to stay in another state. Thanks everyone

No they wont collect the passport from them but they should go with the passport cos anything can happen .Yes,you can change you address or point of entry(POE)but you must notify the embassy before they send your visa to VFS global for collection.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:36pm On Apr 05, 2012
moozza67:

My guy, you are the luckiest man of the month, thank u for telling us your experience without leaving any detail, kindly pray for us we the expectant of dv2013,

PLEASE CAN U OR ANY FORUMITE EXPLAIN TO ME WHEN A CASE NUMBER IS SAID TO BE CURRENT AT A SPECIFIC PERIOD.

Dont know much about it but i guess the month you are due for interview dats after have won and have been notified by KCC
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Emmancy: 9:04am On Apr 06, 2012
@Temmytanny cheesy cheesy cheesy
Congratulations and welcome to United States.

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by nonnypet: 9:37am On Apr 06, 2012
My inteview experince.i got their,the white lady asked me,to swaer,n sign the form Ds.afta dt she asked me if am a lawya,n i said yes.she asked wen i finished frm Law sch,i ansad.she asked wat i do as a lawya,i ansawered.she asked if am marid,i said no.she asked if i av children,n i said not yet.she said, i can see u are qualified,i wl issue u visa,n gave d leta n d address to colect my visa in a wk ty.dat ws all.it didnt tak more dan Gmins.mehnnn its God.cos i saw one guy dat they refused visa.just pray n tell God to go wt u,n he wll.no much docs ws collected frm me.i paid 72600.comported myslf vwell.i tank God for everytin, cos i av colectd my visa.wish all of u who r yet to attend intviw gudluck.pls my question is,my police clearance wl expire few wks frm nw,n my visa in July,wil d expiration of my police clearance in May affect my entrance to US in June?pls a candid ansa wl b appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by nonnypet: 10:07am On Apr 06, 2012
Temmy n deji,pls wat is d jobwebsite u said u saw the $7 stuff cos i want to also knw hw to get job wen one gets there,n wich kind of jobs,companies,firms,menial jobs govt job,wich one indeed do one tink he wl get.cos i heard they dont value Nigeria certificates,so i wonda wt wat can one get job ova there.pls i nid clarifications guys.cheers
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Dejie4live: 10:58am On Apr 06, 2012
@ Nonnypet, Congratulations as you're now far along the way to becoming an Americana. Not all our certificates ar unaccepted. One just need to upgrade one's self to be abl 2 gt a gud job. The job site is http://www.onetonline.org. Cheers.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by samsego: 3:02pm On Apr 06, 2012
My dvlottery visa Processing.
I checkd on july 16th 2011, i was among those selected
Sent my form to KCC on 22nd July 2011 and send an email to them to confirm the receipt and it was a yes
My case became current in March 2012 and received an e-mail in dec 2011 for my interview slated for March 23rd 2012
My interview was so easy, the favour of God was so evident.
After waitin for lik 2hrs, I was call to a window and meet a male consular
Cons: raise ur right hand and swear
Me: I did
Cons: put your hands on the finger print machine
Cons:What did u do, WAEC or NECO?
Me: NECO
Cons: didnt look at any oda cert, just brought out d NECO cert and said, can u tell me abt ur english, how was the question like?
Me: 60 obj and theory including essay nd letter writing
Cons: ok
Cons: if u shld rewrite d english, do u think u will do better than this?
Me: Far far better sir.
Cons: the economics u did, what was is abt?
Me: couldnt even remember anything abt economics at dat times, I just said something lik, it was abt inflation and monetary policies
What was ur best course in University?
Me: I dont really hav a best course cos i enjoyd most of d courses, but let me just talk one of them, I said abt 2 sentences on Spectroscopy and he stopped me, saying its ok
Cons: we are goin to give u a visa, sign ur form and take this letter and pick up ur visa at this address and dont buy ur air ticket yet
Me: Thank you sir.

The whole interview didnt last up to 5 minutes and i noticed he didnt even check my document or forms, as soon as i got to his front he just startd signing my forms while asking d above questions and wen he finished signin, he stopped me and said we are goin to give u a visa, i was surprise cos i tot he wanted to ask more questions, i hav workd in 3 places, he didnt even ask me all dats and am a memeber of an institute also.
Collectd my visa 5th April- 9 working days after my interview.
Please everybody help me to shout HALELUYAH....
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 4:01pm On Apr 06, 2012
samsego: My dvlottery visa Processing.
Sent my form to KCC on 22nd July 2011 and send an email to them to confirm the receipt and it was a yes
My case became current in March 2012 and received an e-mail in dec 2011 for my interview slated for March 23rd 2012
Cons: didnt look at any oda cert, just brought out d NECO cert and said, can u tell me abt ur english, how was the question like?
Me: couldnt even remember anything abt economics at dat times, I just said something lik, it was abt inflation and monetary policies
Me: I dont really hav a best course cos i enjoyd most of d courses, but let me just talk one of them, I said abt 2 sentences on Spectroscopy and he stopped me, saying its ok
Cons: we are goin to give u a visa, sign ur form and take this letter and pick up ur visa at this address and dont buy ur air ticket yet

The whole interview didnt last up to 5 minutes and i noticed he didnt even check my document or forms, as soon as i got to his front he just startd signing my forms while asking d above questions and wen he finished signin, he stopped me and said we are goin to give u a visa, i was surprise cos i tot he wanted to ask more questions, i hav workd in 3 places, he didnt even ask me all dats and am a memeber of an institute also.

. HALELLUYAH !!!. So u don enter yankee be dat. Pls dont forget home when dollars started coming. When u reach yankee,make sure u keep forum member updated. Safe journey oooooooo.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by dridowu: 6:07pm On Apr 06, 2012
nonnypet@:
My inteview experince.i got their,the white lady asked me,to swaer,n sign the form Ds.afta dt she asked me if am a lawya,n i said yes.she asked wen i finished frm Law sch,i ansad.she asked wat i do as a lawya,i ansawered.she asked if am marid,i said no.she asked if i av children,n i said not yet.she said, i can see u are qualified,i wl issue u visa,n gave d leta n d address to colect my visa in a wk ty.dat ws all.it didnt tak more dan Gmins.mehnnn its God.cos i saw one guy dat they refused visa.just pray n tell God to go wt u,n he wll.no much docs ws collected frm me.i paid 72600.comported myslf vwell.i tank God for everytin, cos i av colectd my visa.wish all of u who r yet to attend intviw gudluck.pls my question is,my police clearance wl expire few wks frm nw,n my visa in July,wil d expiration of my police clearance in May affect my entrance to US in June?pls a candid ansa wl b appreciated.
Congrat , am hoping to b among dos dat will b selected for DV 2013 , so dat i can share testimony also.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by dridowu: 6:15pm On Apr 06, 2012

HALLELUYAH, Congrat may Almighty God allow d land of USA favour u. Pray for me also to b among dos dat will selected for DV 2013 and finally b among dos dat will collect the visa. Congrat 1ce more.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Pelumiv(m): 7:19pm On Apr 06, 2012
If all of una comot naija who go remain here? Lol
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by osram(m): 8:09pm On Apr 06, 2012
@dridowu..Congratulations,halleluya..i wish u ol d best n please pray 4 us so dt we wud b among the 2013 dv-lottery winners.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by lifestyle1(m): 8:11pm On Apr 06, 2012

Congrate bro. Menn I gat to go pick my secondary school test books. grin they seems to lay more emphasis on WAEC/NECO Cert.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by lifestyle1(m): 8:12pm On Apr 06, 2012
nonnypet@:

Congrate bro.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by dridowu: 10:16pm On Apr 06, 2012
osram: @dridowu..Congratulations,halleluya..i wish u ol d best n please pray 4 us so dt we wud b among the 2013 dv-lottery winners.
By God Grace you and i will b among d final selectee for DV 2013 and by his GRACE we shall get the visa
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Emmancy: 11:09pm On Apr 06, 2012

cheesy Congratulations! All Glory to JEHOVAH GOD.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Emmancy: 11:13pm On Apr 06, 2012
dridowu: By God Grace you and i will b among d final selectee for DV 2013 and by his GRACE we shall get the visa
cheesy So shall it be IJN.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by dridowu: 9:14am On Apr 07, 2012
Emmancy: cheesy So shall it be IJN.
AMEN

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (92)

Adventure In Ireland / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries ***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.