Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,602 members, 7,823,619 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor (67438 Views)

FG Lists Tinubu’s Achievements In 2023 / Reno Omokri Lists President Tinubu’s Achievements In One Week / Throwback Video Of Obasanjo Appreciating Tinubu's Achievements as Governor. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Rastafryrice: 8:14am On Jun 16, 2022
OmoManU:

Yes I’m proud to be associated with a known tested and confirmed performer rather than a brain-dead 3rd class product without any known pointable achievements except for reeling out unverifiable unrealistic statistics

Achievements of owing

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by OmoManU: 10:07am On Jun 16, 2022
Rastafryrice:

Achievements of owing

Just to show how daft you are not even talking the validity of the article you posted yourself, was Tinubu Lagos gov 2014? I swear you people are just being plain stupid because of hatred
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by LegendHero(m): 11:57am On Jun 16, 2022
Uchek:
So why has Tinubu’s APC not delivered a restructured Nigeria almost 8 years in power?

Because Tinubu was schemed out of power by the cabals around the presidency. You even heard what his wife said going into 2019 election and you clearly understand the power play in the presidency where everything was hijacked as soon as Buhari got sworn in.

You should judge Tinubu based on his past achievement and record as governor because that will shape his own administration.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Rastafryrice: 1:25pm On Jun 16, 2022
OmoManU:

Just to show how daft you are not even talking the validity of the article you posted yourself, was Tinubu Lagos gov 2014? I swear you people are just being plain stupid because of hatred
Lmao
you are the deluded one here
Learn to read, must I spoon-feed you with words?
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 16, 2022
redcliff:

I am waiting for your response. What part of Lagos do you live in?

What has that got to do with it? I am around Ikeja Axis now and I have been around Alimosho for many years before.
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Softmirror: 1:40pm On Aug 23, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

You be dreamer. Check all my posts. I dey yab Obi supporters die. I no fit support failure and clout chasers. But I go soon finish yar principal life ambition. 3months to election, all the northern Governors go run pick race, from APC

grin
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Ayk8: 1:15pm On Aug 25, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Bro, let me first look at your awards before I begin to scrutinize other points you raised. There are a few things in Nigeria that you no longer get on merit. They include honorary doctorate, chieftaincy and awards. We all know these go to the highest bidder or the "awarders" give out awards to people who they know will pay. So awards don't mean anything these days.

Apart from LAWMA, is Tinubu responsible for the creation of all those environmental agencies? Pls what are the achievements of these agencies? What has LASEPA done to protect the environment? Can you name some of the things they have been doing to make the environment safer? How many households in Lagos does LWC supply pipe borne water? Which public utilities does PUMAU monitor and assure lagosians of? Pls what is LASECA.?

How is LASTMA and LAGBUS empowerment schemes? I don't understand. Pls what is LASEWA?

Are you saying that before 1999, there were no job openings in Lagos state government? Are you saying that it is until Tinubu established LASTMA, LAGBUS, LASEWA was the first time in the history of Lagos that there were job openings in government?

All these PPP you mentioned, I hope you can defend them? The lekki free trade zone, what free trade is presently going on there after all these years? Same as eko Atlantic. What is going on there? Who are the private partners in these partnerships?

Can you give us a brief as to how the funds in LSSTF has been put to use?

Lekki infrastructure company? Where does it exist and which infrastructure is it providing for lekki?

Oga, pls where is the Enron power project? Can you tell us where it is situated and the MW it supplies to Lagos?

The LSPDC I know was established in 1972. Which one are you saying Tinubu started as governor? Or was he a governor in 1972?

Which Healthcare delivery ( Labs and diagnostic centers) did Tinubu privatise? I thought that Tinubu had improved Lagos IGR like never before seen? Why would he still privatise labs and diagnostic centres? Who are the private partners?

Who owns BRT and LCC?

Oga, All you have written is nonsense. you have made no point from this write up.
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by CheapHomes1: 1:17pm On Aug 25, 2022
Ayk8:

Oga, All you have written is nonsense. you have made no point from this write up.

I wasn't making a point. I was only asking you questions based on the claims you made but unfortunately, you haven't answered the simple questions. Let's try again.

Apart from LAWMA, is Tinubu responsible for the creation of all those environmental agencies? Pls what are the achievements of these agencies? What has LASEPA done to protect the environment? Can you name some of the things they have been doing to make the environment safer? How many households in Lagos does LWC supply pipe borne water? Which public utilities does PUMAU monitor and assure lagosians of? Pls what is LASECA.?

How is LASTMA and LAGBUS empowerment schemes? I don't understand. Pls what is LASEWA?

Are you saying that before 1999, there were no job openings in Lagos state government? Are you saying that it is until Tinubu established LASTMA, LAGBUS, LASEWA was the first time in the history of Lagos that there were job openings in government?

All these PPP you mentioned, I hope you can defend them? The lekki free trade zone, what free trade is presently going on there after all these years? Same as eko Atlantic. What is going on there? Who are the private partners in these partnerships?

Can you give us a brief as to how the funds in LSSTF has been put to use?

Lekki infrastructure company? Where does it exist and which infrastructure is it providing for lekki?

Oga, pls where is the Enron power project? Can you tell us where it is situated and the MW it supplies to Lagos?

The LSPDC I know was established in 1972. Which one are you saying Tinubu started as governor? Or was he a governor in 1972?

Which Healthcare delivery ( Labs and diagnostic centers) did Tinubu privatise? I thought that Tinubu had improved Lagos IGR like never before seen? Why would he still privatise labs and diagnostic centres? Who are the private partners?

Who owns BRT and LCC?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by asanausana91: 4:31pm On Aug 25, 2022
I will not waste my time reading from a crumb eater.
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Yoruba1stson: 9:44am On Sep 03, 2022
LegendHero:
I saw someone (@Mario9jaa) on Twitter give snippet of why Bola Tinubu should be elected president and I want Nairalanders to see this too.

This is why we are supporting Tinubu.

1. Power: Tinubu’s government, in 2000, contracted AES to build an IPP that will generate 270MW of electricity to Lagos residents in order to exit the irrational power supply being provided by the FG. The 270MW is now part of our national grid. It is the first of it’s Kind. Tinubu electrification project covered over 100 communities. In his first term, 53 rural communities were targeted. The projects were completed in Egan, Atewolere, Ifesowapo, Aboru, Agbado Ayetoro, Akorede, Isheri Ikosi, Orile Aguntan, Rofo, Borokini, Omologbede, Araromi, Oke Agbo, Erekusu, Logberu, Okegelu and Ebute, Lekki. Others were Origanringan, Onigbolakowe, Oke odo Elemoro, Ipaja Isale odo, Agenuba, Ajelogo, Mutaku, Egansando, Ayanfe, topo and Ikola Agbenaje.

2. Decentralization: In order to bring governance closer to the people of Lagos state, Asiwaju created extra 36 LCDAs which led to the disagreement between Lagos and the OBJ led FG. They are still working till date. Nigeria needs someone who believes in this!
First of it’s kind

3. Economy: With an IGR of just over 600million naira when he took over, different initiatives which included the reorganization of the LIRS led to an unprecedented IGR of over 7billion monthly after 8 years, the sustainability of which has brought same to 57bn in 2022.

4. Health: Decentralization of the Health Management Board led to the creation of LASAMBUS, an ambulance management scheme, Hospital Services Commission and Lagos State Health Facility Monitoring and Accreditation Agency. In addition, policies such as “Roll Back Malaria”, “Jigi Bola, Free Health Policy for children below 16 year and adults above 65 years are verifiable ones that stood him out then. The First of its Kind.

5. Infrastructure: Roads, Railway Roadmaps, Port Roadmaps, Housing Roadmaps. Hospital Roadmaps.

https://thenationonlineng.net/tinubu-the-power-of-lagos-blueprint/amp/

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by PointZerom: 8:43am On Oct 08, 2022
LegendHero:
10. ENVIRONMENT: LAWMA, LASEPA, LWC, PUMAU, LASECA. All formulated by
Tinubu to tackle the issue of environmental decay in Lagos.

11. EMPOWERMENT SCHEMES: The creation of several agencies led to several openings in the government which led to jobs in LASTMA, LAGBUS, LASEWA etc. First of its kind.

12. PPP Initiatives:
-Lekki Free Trade Zone PPP - Tinubu
-Eko Atlantic - PPP Tinubu
-Lagos state security trust fund - Tinubu
-Lekki infrastructure company - Tinubu
-Enron power project PPP - Tinubu
-LSPDC PPP - Tinubu
-Privatisation of Healthcare delivery ( Labs and diagnostic centers) - Tinubu
-Lagos BRT scheme PPP - Tinubu
-Lekki concession company PPP - Tinubu

Tinubu Received many awards: They include
-The ‘Best Governor of for 2001 by the Nigerian/Belgian Chamber of Commerce
-Winner of 2002 Best Practices Prize in improving the living environment (by the Federal Ministry of Works and UN habitat Group), 2000
-Best computerized Government in Nigeria (by the Computer Association of Nigeria),
-2003 Green Crystal Award for Enhancing the Value of the Environment (by Clean-Up Nigeria (CUN),
-2002 Healthcare Award as the best provider of best health services in Nigeria, Presidential Merit Award for technological Development by the Nigerian Society of Engineers,
-2001 National Literacy award for outstanding contribution to mas literacy,
-Co-winner of 2002 Outstanding Alumnus award of the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC),
-2001 Distinguished Alumnus Award by Chicago State University, Distinguished Service Award for Exemplary Leadership by the Lagos State Economic Summit Group,
-Certificate of Commendation by the national Conference of Black mayors,
-Silver Jubilee Anniversary Award as Labour Friendly Governor by the National Union of Petroleum and Natural gas Workers (NUPENG),
-Award of Recognition by Nigerian Berge Limited for the initiation of the Independent Power project (IPP).

Source: https://twitter.com/Mario9jaa/status/1535621068806885376?s=20&t=b0qApX_t2s5VtuC15SSg5g

If this is what he did from 50bil monthly IGR for 8 good years, he should be locked up and thrown into the river.

Even Umahi with small IGR has don better.

Have you seen that Tinubu is a thief?

Take your calculator and check #50bil x 96. and tell me if you as a governor won't turn Lagos into Dubai.
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by AlphaTaikun: 3:58pm On Oct 08, 2022
LegendHero:
I saw someone (@Mario9jaa) on Twitter give snippet of why Bola Tinubu should be elected president and I want Nairalanders to see this too.

1. Power: Tinubu’s government, in 2000, contracted AES to build an IPP that will generate 270MW of electricity to Lagos residents in order to exit the irrational power supply being provided by the FG. The 270MW is now part of our national grid. It is the first of it’s Kind. Tinubu electrification project covered over 100 communities. In his first term, 53 rural communities were targeted. The projects were completed in Egan, Atewolere, Ifesowapo, Aboru, Agbado Ayetoro, Akorede, Isheri Ikosi, Orile Aguntan, Rofo, Borokini, Omologbede, Araromi, Oke Agbo, Erekusu, Logberu, Okegelu and Ebute, Lekki. Others were Origanringan, Onigbolakowe, Oke odo Elemoro, Ipaja Isale odo, Agenuba, Ajelogo, Mutaku, Egansando, Ayanfe, topo and Ikola Agbenaje.

2. Decentralization: In order to bring governance closer to the people of Lagos state, Asiwaju created extra 36 LCDAs which led to the disagreement between Lagos and the OBJ led FG. They are still working till date. Nigeria needs someone who believes in this!
First of it’s kind

3. Economy: With an IGR of just over 600million naira when he took over, different initiatives which included the reorganization of the LIRS led to an unprecedented IGR of over 7billion monthly after 8 years, the sustainability of which has brought same to 57bn in 2022.

4. Health: Decentralization of the Health Management Board led to the creation of LASAMBUS, an ambulance management scheme, Hospital Services Commission and Lagos State Health Facility Monitoring and Accreditation Agency. In addition, policies such as “Roll Back Malaria”, “Jigi Bola, Free Health Policy for children below 16 year and adults above 65 years are verifiable ones that stood him out then. The First of its Kind.

5. Infrastructure: Roads, Railway Roadmaps, Port Roadmaps, Housing Roadmaps. Hospital Roadmaps.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Toks2008(m): 11:55am On Dec 15, 2022
LegendHero:

First of it’s kind

8 years is more than enough to start and finish any meaningful project.

So please save us these rhetorics and list just 5 projects that were commisioned by Tinubu in his 8 years as Lagos state governor.

Just 5.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu To Jim Iyke: "You Are A Bad Guy" / Pictures Of Peter Obi Alighting From ANAP Jet Despite Denial / Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.