Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,056 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor (67451 Views)

FG Lists Tinubu’s Achievements In 2023 / Reno Omokri Lists President Tinubu’s Achievements In One Week / Throwback Video Of Obasanjo Appreciating Tinubu's Achievements as Governor. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by CheapHomes1: 7:50pm On Jun 14, 2022
Cubalabloo:
The problem is will he replicate this as the commander-in-chief?

So you believe all those things they put up there? Its all packaging. Same way they packaged buhari
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by shegz24(m): 8:08pm On Jun 14, 2022
Now this is how to market your candidate.

But instead of Atiku and especially Obi supporters to release a similar thread of the achievements of their principal, they will rather be toxic and attack people that they need their votes to even stand a small chance.
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by KingOfAmebo(m): 8:25pm On Jun 14, 2022
LegendHero:
I saw someone (@Mario9jaa) on Twitter give snippet of why Bola Tinubu should be elected president and I want Nairalanders to see this too.

This is why we are supporting Tinubu.

1. Power: Tinubu’s government, in 2000, contracted AES to build an IPP that will generate 270MW of electricity to Lagos residents in order to exit the irrational power supply being provided by the FG. The 270MW is now part of our national grid. It is the first of it’s Kind. Tinubu electrification project covered over 100 communities. In his first term, 53 rural communities were targeted. The projects were completed in Egan, Atewolere, Ifesowapo, Aboru, Agbado Ayetoro, Akorede, Isheri Ikosi, Orile Aguntan, Rofo, Borokini, Omologbede, Araromi, Oke Agbo, Erekusu, Logberu, Okegelu and Ebute, Lekki. Others were Origanringan, Onigbolakowe, Oke odo Elemoro, Ipaja Isale odo, Agenuba, Ajelogo, Mutaku, Egansando, Ayanfe, topo and Ikola Agbenaje.

2. Decentralization: In order to bring governance closer to the people of Lagos state, Asiwaju created extra 36 LCDAs which led to the disagreement between Lagos and the OBJ led FG. They are still working till date. Nigeria needs someone who believes in this!
First of it’s kind

3. Economy: With an IGR of just over 600million naira when he took over, different initiatives which included the reorganization of the LIRS led to an unprecedented IGR of over 7billion monthly after 8 years, the sustainability of which has brought same to 57bn in 2022.

4. Health: Decentralization of the Health Management Board led to the creation of LASAMBUS, an ambulance management scheme, Hospital Services Commission and Lagos State Health Facility Monitoring and Accreditation Agency. In addition, policies such as “Roll Back Malaria”, “Jigi Bola, Free Health Policy for children below 16 year and adults above 65 years are verifiable ones that stood him out then. The First of its Kind.

5. Infrastructure: Roads, Railway Roadmaps, Port Roadmaps, Housing Roadmaps. Hospital Roadmaps.

https://thenationonlineng.net/tinubu-the-power-of-lagos-blueprint/amp/

Oga OP, all these achievements you stated are not his achievement as a sitting Governor, most were even achieved by Ambode who he eventually kicked out for not paying him Lagos treasury percentage...

You now steal achievement to promote a confirmed crook, You can only decieve some people but not everyone... Nigerians will serve Tinubu breakfast during the election. Don't waste your energy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Abokilongthing: 8:28pm On Jun 14, 2022
If BAT is so good why 8 years of his party ruling as the leader of the party with so much hardship that people struggle to have just one meal a day
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by CheapHomes1: 8:29pm On Jun 14, 2022
LegendHero:
10. ENVIRONMENT: LAWMA, LASEPA, LWC, PUMAU, LASECA. All formulated by
Tinubu to tackle the issue of environmental decay in Lagos.

11. EMPOWERMENT SCHEMES: The creation of several agencies led to several openings in the government which led to jobs in LASTMA, LAGBUS, LASEWA etc. First of its kind.

12. PPP Initiatives:
-Lekki Free Trade Zone PPP - Tinubu
-Eko Atlantic - PPP Tinubu
-Lagos state security trust fund - Tinubu
-Lekki infrastructure company - Tinubu
-Enron power project PPP - Tinubu
-LSPDC PPP - Tinubu
-Privatisation of Healthcare delivery ( Labs and diagnostic centers) - Tinubu
-Lagos BRT scheme PPP - Tinubu
-Lekki concession company PPP - Tinubu

Tinubu Received many awards: They include
-The ‘Best Governor of for 2001 by the Nigerian/Belgian Chamber of Commerce
-Winner of 2002 Best Practices Prize in improving the living environment (by the Federal Ministry of Works and UN habitat Group), 2000
-Best computerized Government in Nigeria (by the Computer Association of Nigeria),
-2003 Green Crystal Award for Enhancing the Value of the Environment (by Clean-Up Nigeria (CUN),
-2002 Healthcare Award as the best provider of best health services in Nigeria, Presidential Merit Award for technological Development by the Nigerian Society of Engineers,
-2001 National Literacy award for outstanding contribution to mas literacy,
-Co-winner of 2002 Outstanding Alumnus award of the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC),
-2001 Distinguished Alumnus Award by Chicago State University, Distinguished Service Award for Exemplary Leadership by the Lagos State Economic Summit Group,
-Certificate of Commendation by the national Conference of Black mayors,
-Silver Jubilee Anniversary Award as Labour Friendly Governor by the National Union of Petroleum and Natural gas Workers (NUPENG),
-Award of Recognition by Nigerian Berge Limited for the initiation of the Independent Power project (IPP).

CC: Mynd44 Lalasticala

Source: https://twitter.com/Mario9jaa/status/1535621068806885376?s=20&t=b0qApX_t2s5VtuC15SSg5g

Bro, let me first look at your awards before I begin to scrutinize other points you raised. There are a few things in Nigeria that you no longer get on merit. They include honorary doctorate, chieftaincy and awards. We all know these go to the highest bidder or the "awarders" give out awards to people who they know will pay. So awards don't mean anything these days.

Apart from LAWMA, is Tinubu responsible for the creation of all those environmental agencies? Pls what are the achievements of these agencies? What has LASEPA done to protect the environment? Can you name some of the things they have been doing to make the environment safer? How many households in Lagos does LWC supply pipe borne water? Which public utilities does PUMAU monitor and assure lagosians of? Pls what is LASECA.?

How is LASTMA and LAGBUS empowerment schemes? I don't understand. Pls what is LASEWA?

Are you saying that before 1999, there were no job openings in Lagos state government? Are you saying that it is until Tinubu established LASTMA, LAGBUS, LASEWA was the first time in the history of Lagos that there were job openings in government?

All these PPP you mentioned, I hope you can defend them? The lekki free trade zone, what free trade is presently going on there after all these years? Same as eko Atlantic. What is going on there? Who are the private partners in these partnerships?

Can you give us a brief as to how the funds in LSSTF has been put to use?

Lekki infrastructure company? Where does it exist and which infrastructure is it providing for lekki?

Oga, pls where is the Enron power project? Can you tell us where it is situated and the MW it supplies to Lagos?

The LSPDC I know was established in 1972. Which one are you saying Tinubu started as governor? Or was he a governor in 1972?

Which Healthcare delivery ( Labs and diagnostic centers) did Tinubu privatise? I thought that Tinubu had improved Lagos IGR like never before seen? Why would he still privatise labs and diagnostic centres? Who are the private partners?

Who owns BRT and LCC?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Demurray: 8:32pm On Jun 14, 2022
alanto:

Of course that's why reasonable people are rooting for him. All those people shouting Peter obi are not doing it because he can perform (there's no history to show he can perform) they are doing it just so they can have igbo presidency. But at this point Nigeria doesn't need an ethnic presidency. What we need is a president that can perform imagine wasting another 8 years to politics. What are we going to tell our children in future? We lost on Azikiwe because he traded his position, we lost on Awolowo because he as not allowed, we lost on MKO because his mandate was seized by higher power, we lost Yaradua to untimely death. For once we have to do something right. All those shoutin Atiku can not show proof of his performance anywhere.
Gbamsolite , you really nailed the coffin.
Good insight
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by CheapHomes1: 8:38pm On Jun 14, 2022
alanto:

Of course that's why reasonable people are rooting for him. All those people shouting Peter obi are not doing it because he can perform (there's no history to show he can perform) they are doing it just so they can have igbo presidency. But at this point Nigeria doesn't need an ethnic presidency. What we need is a president that can perform imagine wasting another 8 years to politics. What are we going to tell our children in future? We lost on Azikiwe because he traded his position, we lost on Awolowo because he as not allowed, we lost on MKO because his mandate was seized by higher power, we lost Yaradua to untimely death. For once we have to do something right. All those shoutin Atiku can not show proof of his performance anywhere.

So how is Tinubu better than the guys you mentioned?
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by gasparpisciotta: 8:52pm On Jun 14, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Bro, let me first look at your awards before I begin to scrutinize other points you raised. There are a few things in Nigeria that you no longer get on merit. They include honorary doctorate, chieftaincy and awards. We all know these go to the highest bidder or the "awarders" give out awards to people who they know will pay. So awards don't mean anything these days.

Apart from LAWMA, is Tinubu responsible for the creation of all those environmental agencies? Pls what are the achievements of these agencies? What has LASEPA done to protect the environment? Can you name some of the things they have been doing to make the environment safer? How many households in Lagos does LWC supply pipe borne water? Which public utilities does PUMAU monitor and assure lagosians of? Pls what is LASECA.?

How is LASTMA and LAGBUS empowerment schemes? I don't understand. Pls what is LASEWA?

Are you saying that before 1999, there were no job openings in Lagos state government? Are you saying that it is until Tinubu established LASTMA, LAGBUS, LASEWA was the first time in the history of Lagos that there were job openings in government?

All these PPP you mentioned, I hope you can defend them? The lekki free trade zone, what free trade is presently going on there after all these years? Same as eko Atlantic. What is going on there? Who are the private partners in these partnerships?

Lekki infrastructure company? Where does it exist and which infrastructure is it providing for lekki?

Oga, pls where is the Enron power project? Can you tell us where it is situated and the MW it supplies to Lagos?

The LSPDC I know was established in 1972. Which one are you saying Tinubu started as governor? Or was he a governor in 1972?

Which Healthcare delivery ( Labs and diagnostic centers) did Tinubu privatise? I thought that Tinubu had improved Lagos IGR like never before seen? Why would he still privatise labs and diagnostic centres? Who are the private partners?

Who owns BRT and LCC?

What about the sustainable jobs that they created
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Adjovi: 8:57pm On Jun 14, 2022
Which road did he do in Lagos? I was born in Lagos and most of these achievements are audio. Abi Una forget how oshodi road was terrible, Mile 12 apapa walf road. Make Una dey lie small small.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by CheapHomes1: 8:58pm On Jun 14, 2022
LegendHero:
I saw someone (@Mario9jaa) on Twitter give snippet of why Bola Tinubu should be elected president and I want Nairalanders to see this too.

This is why we are supporting Tinubu.

1. Power: Tinubu’s government, in 2000, contracted AES to build an IPP that will generate 270MW of electricity to Lagos residents in order to exit the irrational power supply being provided by the FG. The 270MW is now part of our national grid. It is the first of it’s Kind. Tinubu electrification project covered over 100 communities. In his first term, 53 rural communities were targeted. The projects were completed in Egan, Atewolere, Ifesowapo, Aboru, Agbado Ayetoro, Akorede, Isheri Ikosi, Orile Aguntan, Rofo, Borokini, Omologbede, Araromi, Oke Agbo, Erekusu, Logberu, Okegelu and Ebute, Lekki. Others were Origanringan, Onigbolakowe, Oke odo Elemoro, Ipaja Isale odo, Agenuba, Ajelogo, Mutaku, Egansando, Ayanfe, topo and Ikola Agbenaje.

2. Decentralization: In order to bring governance closer to the people of Lagos state, Asiwaju created extra 36 LCDAs which led to the disagreement between Lagos and the OBJ led FG. They are still working till date. Nigeria needs someone who believes in this!
First of it’s kind

3. Economy: With an IGR of just over 600million naira when he took over, different initiatives which included the reorganization of the LIRS led to an unprecedented IGR of over 7billion monthly after 8 years, the sustainability of which has brought same to 57bn in 2022.

4. Health: Decentralization of the Health Management Board led to the creation of LASAMBUS, an ambulance management scheme, Hospital Services Commission and Lagos State Health Facility Monitoring and Accreditation Agency. In addition, policies such as “Roll Back Malaria”, “Jigi Bola, Free Health Policy for children below 16 year and adults above 65 years are verifiable ones that stood him out then. The First of its Kind.

5. Infrastructure: Roads, Railway Roadmaps, Port Roadmaps, Housing Roadmaps. Hospital Roadmaps.

https://thenationonlineng.net/tinubu-the-power-of-lagos-blueprint/amp/

Try to provide the right information.

https://dailytrust.com/amp/four-years-after-huge-investment-lagos-power-plants-scarcely-work

What has been the performance of 36 LCDAs created by Tinubu? How have they brought govt closer to the people of Lagos? Or is it just a question of creating LCDAs? What democratic process is in place to produce administrators or is it selection based on Tinubus preferences?

Regarding IGR, can you tell us a bit about alpha beta?

Roll back malaria isn't a Bola Tinubu initiative. It is a global health initiative.

Pls what roads and railways did Tinubu build? Which one is housing, hospital, road and railway road map?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by CheapHomes1: 9:00pm On Jun 14, 2022
gasparpisciotta:

What about the sustainable jobs that they created

You haven't answered my questions. If you want to engage me, you have to answer the questions I asked.

Who owns BRT and LCC?
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by CheapHomes1: 9:06pm On Jun 14, 2022
shegz24:
Now this is how to market your candidate.

But instead of Atiku and especially Obi supporters to release a similar thread of the achievements of their principal, they will rather be toxic and attack people that they need their votes to even stand a small chance.

It's better not to market than to market and then provide information aimed at deceiving people as to the suitability of a candidate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Nlkay(m): 9:35pm On Jun 14, 2022
Realist12:
in south Africa they have cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Sandton. But asides Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt comes at a distant. That should tell it's not a Lagos problem but a Nigerian problem. Lagos state government has more developmental projects than the federal government in Lagos. But the burden of the federal government is on Lagos.
Not absolute. Lagos was originally mapped and planned by the British and Portuguese.
FG continued with that set pace of utilising the ports already created. You can't compare Lagos to any other state in Nigeria because for some political reasons and greed, other sea ports and inland water ways were never opened up. This has brought alot of devastation and under development to out nation. I have no other country to call mine but it's a pity this is were we find ourselves till now because they who had ruled milked us all. I have alot of respect for Pa. Adebanjo and Fasoranti, not BAT who was nobody until Afenifere brought him out but has sold them out. He's a good administrator but a crook. He can't be trusted with Nigeria. He has hijacked the resources of Lagos state and it's being controlled from bourdillon.
Let's remember that this country won't be built by foreigners except us. BAT is not a good sell, he should have projected Osibanjo if he means well. Osibanjo knows and little will you wonder why he never wanted to step down because BAT is not for the Masses.
If Peter Obi who is also a good administrator is a better deal, he should be supported. He's younger and better at heart. Just take a look at what BAT did to Ambode, it's still very fresh. You should know the kind of person he is.
Let's think nationally cos we are in troubled waters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Thomasankara(m): 9:47pm On Jun 14, 2022
LegendHero:

Give the phone to Obi Pandora and tell him to list his verifiable achievement that stand to this day in Anambra.

Ask him why he owed Anambra workers billions, and yet claiming he left savings when he can't pay hungry workers.

where did u get ur information that he owed billions
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Thomasankara(m): 9:51pm On Jun 14, 2022
how about Asiwaju appointing Peter obi as minister of finance or better still CBN governor, I think he will perform excellently well, since his calling is saving money, I think we can trust him with our treasury.
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by LegendHero(m): 9:52pm On Jun 14, 2022
Thomasankara:

where did u get ur information that he owed billions

See below

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Thomasankara(m): 9:53pm On Jun 14, 2022
LegendHero:

See below

Hmmmm
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Realist12: 10:24pm On Jun 14, 2022
Nlkay:

Not absolute. Lagos was originally mapped and planned by the British and Portuguese.
FG continued with that set pace of utilising the ports already created. You can't compare Lagos to any other state in Nigeria because for some political reasons and greed, other sea ports and inland water ways were never opened up. This has brought alot of devastation and under development to out nation. I have no other country to call mine but it's a pity this is were we find ourselves till now because they who had ruled milked us all. I have alot of respect for Pa. Adebanjo and Fasoranti, not BAT who was nobody until Afenifere brought him out but has sold them out. He's a good administrator but a crook. He can't be trusted with Nigeria. He has hijacked the resources of Lagos state and it's being controlled from bourdillon.
Let's remember that this country won't be built by foreigners except us. BAT is not a good sell, he should have projected Osibanjo if he means well. Osibanjo knows and little will you wonder why he never wanted to step down because BAT is not for the Masses.
If Peter Obi who is also a good administrator is a better deal, he should be supported. He's younger and better at heart. Just take a look at what BAT did to Ambode, it's still very fresh. You should know the kind of person he is.
Let's think nationally cos we are in troubled waters
I don't argue what u don't know. This is a tracking of ships in ptml terminal in onne . Apapa port and tincan Island happens to have the most berth and can carry larger vessels due to the depth of the outside berth. If you listened to Tinubu's second speech after the APC primaries he talked about dredging our other ports something other presidents including Jonathan didn’t do . I know coz I worked at the ports .
Bola Tinubu talks less than he does and you can see it in the agencies he proffered to tackle Lagos everyday problems from 1999 that even the federal government other states aren't thinking of

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by intruder15(m): 10:45pm On Jun 14, 2022
I really do not dispute Tinubu's capabilities as a former governor. My worry is that we said enough is enough and we want to move further from Mr liveless (Buhari). How come Mr liveless is currently stronger that the next president to the extent that he is holding the APC flag even better than the incoming president? Are we going forward or running backwards?

Tinubu is great at picking successors. Kudos to him on that. Why not him push others and not himself knowing fully well that he is not physically capable to rule the country? Someone that is acting older than Buhari? with signs of Parkinson's disease and bladder related issues which is a norm in old age for the very old?

The reason why most people voted for Buhari was because of his success in his more youthful years. Hoping he will replicate same which he obviously didn't? Can you compare Tinubu 20 years ago to now? 20 years ago will he have said that he will address unemployment by recruiting the youths into the army to eat agbado and corn?

Vote who you are at peace with. Just remember that in the next 8 years, your currency may not be strong to even make you raise funds to relocate abroad.

We really do not need trial and error and Obi looks likely to handle the drama that comes with politics even better. Politics for him has not been a bed of roses.
* Won his first mandate through the court.
* Was impeached because he refused to give the state house of representatives members what they wanted. Funds from an empty purse in a state that obviously haven't overcome the effect of the war. A state where education was perceived to be a thing of the past.
* Lost the next two years and was over turned due to his 4 years tenure not concluded.
* I really admire Jagaban. It's not easy having a large network of loyalist over years of politics.

But if we really want to tell ourselves the trust, now is not really a time for trial and error. I really do not see this current Tinubu improving the economy. Leadership right now is more of a personal vendetta than for the people based on his body movement and statements.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Poleski: 7:40am On Jun 15, 2022
Vote for Obi.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by redcliff: 8:16am On Jun 15, 2022
redcliff:

What part of Lagos do you live in?

Siwel25:

So, Tinubu didn't transform Lagos? Was there Eko Atlantic before him? Was there a functional Waste disposal system? Was there LASTMA? Was there a General Hospital in each LGA? Were there functional Health Centres? Was Lagos earning more than 600million naira monthly? Was there a standard Office of Public Defender? Were there smooth roads in the Igando axis? Were there BRT lanes and Buses?

Even the devil cannot deny Tinubu's footprints everywhere in Lagos. Children of hate can go and hug transformer!

I am waiting for your response. What part of Lagos do you live in?
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Chibae4real: 9:06am On Jun 15, 2022
You forget to include Agboro grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Moyosore419(m): 10:10am On Jun 15, 2022
Babaken:
After you talk of his achievements look for longer note to pen down his loot.

Which loot mr man, if you dey do , make you no chop
#Shior ....
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by kechywillz(m): 10:42am On Jun 15, 2022
They are not even using atiku as a yardstick to compare tinubu,its only Obi,that's to show u dude is a very big threat to APC and PDP
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by walefresh3(m): 10:52am On Jun 15, 2022
geekay4real:
Fashola didn't do anything?
You people keep claiming BRF achievements. Eko Atlantic and many more projects were launched by BRF the man you almost denied 2nd term ticket for doing best for the masses, the same person you are claiming what he has done as a template handed to him by his predecessor. The template the predecessor couldn't achieve in 8yrs
Bro dey lie small small..9st of the projects executed by brf was initiated by tinubu.... Tinubu wrote 25 years development plan for Lagos which other governor's that came After him followed ...
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Babaken(m): 11:55am On Jun 15, 2022
Moyosore419:

Which loot mr man, if you dey do , make you no chop
#Shior ....
Na that side you carry am go work and chop.
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by walefresh3(m): 12:44pm On Jun 15, 2022
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by OmoManU: 2:43pm On Jun 15, 2022
Rastafryrice:
why buy delegates votes when you hwve these kind of achievements
mtchewwww
social media achievements
Have you or your family ever been to Lagos?
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Olawalelotito(m): 9:29pm On Jun 15, 2022
I wonder
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Rastafryrice: 6:02am On Jun 16, 2022
OmoManU:
Have you or your family ever been to Lagos?
frustrated thiefnibu urchin
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by OmoManU: 6:22am On Jun 16, 2022
Rastafryrice:

frustrated thiefnibu urchin
Yes I’m proud to be associated with a known tested and confirmed performer rather than a brain-dead 3rd class product without any known pointable achievements except for reeling out unverifiable unrealistic statistics
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Uchek(m): 7:36am On Jun 16, 2022
So why has Tinubu’s APC not delivered a restructured Nigeria almost 8 years in power?
LegendHero:

He got the history in his previous administration and he is the ONLY presidential candidate that have demonstrated the zeal for restructuring in Nigeria.

Why do we need restructuring in Nigeria? We all agree it is based on the below angle:

--State Policing: Asiwaju is the only candidate that has consistently challenged the federal government on the need for a state police. He tried during his tenure to create state police from the good faction of OPC then but obasanjo frustrated him. He then went ahead to create RRS which he improved to the best police squad in Nigeria.

--Devolution of power to the local governments: Tinubu has done with with success in Lagos. He created 36 LCDAs to give power closer to the people. OBJ again tried to stop him which was why he seized lagos allocation. Yet, the LG still stand today with those LCDAs building projects and health center that other state governor cannot dare to do.

--Revenue independency: Do you know Tinubu was the first governor to challenge the FG on the need for states to hold their VAT? He took the FG to court during OBJ tenure and even proceeded to the supreme court. Many people thought Wike was the first person to do this VAT, but it was actually Tinubu that started the fight.

--Fiscal Policy: Before Tinubu, taxing in lagos used to be manual process where tax agents record taxes of business in the manual way and this allow companies to scam the governmrnt by not paying what is due. Tinubu was the first governor to fully digitize tax collection in Lagos through LIRS and expand the net such that he increased the revenue to over 700% percent in his 8 years as governor. Infact, the Federal government copied LIRS method to create their FIRS who till now are not as efficient as Lagos owned LIRS. That is intelligence, we need that in the FG.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence / Buhari And Amosun Eat Together In UK (Photos) / Patience Jonathan Weeps At Alamieyeseigha’s Family House (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.