Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,736 members, 7,824,084 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor (67452 Views)

FG Lists Tinubu’s Achievements In 2023 / Reno Omokri Lists President Tinubu’s Achievements In One Week / Throwback Video Of Obasanjo Appreciating Tinubu's Achievements as Governor. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by atobs4real(m): 1:39pm On Jun 14, 2022
Rastafryrice:
why buy delegates votes when you hwve these kind of achievements
mtchewwww
social media achievements
is real no be lie

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by treesun: 1:40pm On Jun 14, 2022
LegendHero:
I saw someone (@Mario9jaa) on Twitter give snippet of why Bola Tinubu should be elected president and I want Nairalanders to see this too.

This is why we are supporting Tinubu.

1. Power: Tinubu’s government, in 2000, contracted AES to build an IPP that will generate 270MW of electricity to Lagos residents in order to exit the irrational power supply being provided by the FG. The 270MW is now part of our national grid. It is the first of it’s Kind. Tinubu electrification project covered over 100 communities. In his first term, 53 rural communities were targeted. The projects were completed in Egan, Atewolere, Ifesowapo, Aboru, Agbado Ayetoro, Akorede, Isheri Ikosi, Orile Aguntan, Rofo, Borokini, Omologbede, Araromi, Oke Agbo, Erekusu, Logberu, Okegelu and Ebute, Lekki. Others were Origanringan, Onigbolakowe, Oke odo Elemoro, Ipaja Isale odo, Agenuba, Ajelogo, Mutaku, Egansando, Ayanfe, topo and Ikola Agbenaje.

2. Decentralization: In order to bring governance closer to the people of Lagos state, Asiwaju created extra 36 LCDAs which led to the disagreement between Lagos and the OBJ led FG. They are still working till date. Nigeria needs someone who believes in this!
First of it’s kind

3. Economy: With an IGR of just over 600million naira when he took over, different initiatives which included the reorganization of the LIRS led to an unprecedented IGR of over 7billion monthly after 8 years, the sustainability of which has brought same to 57bn in 2022.

4. Health: Decentralization of the Health Management Board led to the creation of LASAMBUS, an ambulance management scheme, Hospital Services Commission and Lagos State Health Facility Monitoring and Accreditation Agency. In addition, policies such as “Roll Back Malaria”, “Jigi Bola, Free Health Policy for children below 16 year and adults above 65 years are verifiable ones that stood him out then. The First of its Kind.

5. Infrastructure: Roads, Railway Roadmaps, Port Roadmaps, Housing Roadmaps. Hospital Roadmaps.

https://thenationonlineng.net/tinubu-the-power-of-lagos-blueprint/amp/

Did you say ERON!
He contracted even hospital parks to cronies without accountability. Tinubu is a no no! His greed did not allow Ikoyi Federal secretariat to take off!

16 years Orile-Mile-Agboju is a nightmare due to the bogus red line that is not even near completion!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Cromagnon: 1:41pm On Jun 14, 2022
Rastafryrice:
mtchewwww
They are all on ground to verify
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Help2020: 1:41pm On Jun 14, 2022
LegendHero:
6. Investment: Lekki Free Trade Zone opened Lagos to investors and now several top companies/bodies have their headquarters there including the biggest consulate office of the USA. Lekki infrastructure company, Eko Atlantic.

7. Housing: Decentralization of the ministry of works and housing gave birth to the conversion of the housing department to a full fledge ministry which was charged with providing 500 units of houses yearly. This single move led to making the Lekki corridor the fastest growing real estate investment haven in Nigeria. Housing sector was opened to the private investors and Lagos became the highest destination for real estate investors in Nigeria.

8. EDUCATION: Payment of WAEC fee for students from all walks of life so far you live in Lagos. Several schools were built. The One-Day governor program started with the spelling bee competition.
First of its kind

9. SECURITY: The closest thing to state policing started in Nigeria under Tinubu, with RRS in 1999. The prisons reformation in order to curb activities of criminals, led to conversion of Ita Oko Prisoners Camp to a Youth Skill Acquisition Centre. Infact RRS is now the most performing police force in Nigeria. To make things work, he created the Lagos security trust fund where private sector come together to invest in Lagos security in conjunction with the government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQz9jyOOk1M&t=1s

Why is he not using the hospital he built?
Why London?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by IPIGMODS: 1:41pm On Jun 14, 2022
The incoming president of the federal Republic of Nigeria. BOLA HAMED TINUBU.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by SenatePresdo(m): 1:41pm On Jun 14, 2022
LegendHero:

He got the history in his previous administration and he is the ONLY presidential candidate that have demonstrated the zeal for restructuring in Nigeria.

Why do we need restructuring in Nigeria? We all agree it is based on the below angle:

--State Policing: Asiwaju is the only candidate that has consistently challenged the federal government on the need for a state police. He tried during his tenure to create state police from the good faction of OPC then but obasanjo frustrated him. He then went ahead to create RRS which he improved to the best police squad in Nigeria.

--Devolution of power to the local governments: Tinubu has done with with success in Lagos. He created 36 LCDAs to give power closer to the people. OBJ again tried to stop him which was why he seized lagos allocation. Yet, the LG still stand today with those LCDAs building projects and health center that other state governor cannot dare to do.

--Revenue independency: Do you know Tinubu was the first governor to challenge the FG on the need for states to hold their VAT? He took the FG to court during OBJ tenure and even proceeded to the supreme court. Many people thought Wike was the first person to do this VAT, but it was actually Tinubu that started the fight.

--Fiscal Policy: Before Tinubu, taxing in lagos used to be manual process where tax agents record taxes of business in the manual way and this allow companies to scam the governmrnt by not paying what is due. Tinubu was the first governor to fully digitize tax collection in Lagos through LIRS and expand the net such that he increased the revenue to over 700% percent in his 8 years as governor. Infact, the Federal government copied LIRS method to create their FIRS who till now are not as efficient as Lagos owned LIRS. That is intelligence, we need that in the FG.

He dịd this when he was younger and healthy.

Not now that he is old and has parkinsonism.

Old people retire from civic duty for being old, Tinubu should retire.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by redcliff: 1:42pm On Jun 14, 2022
Nobody is doubting that Tinubu set lagos on the ball to the achievement it is right now, what we are telling you people is that the man is already too old and he should go and rest let people who are physically sound run and be president!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Shakur86(m): 1:43pm On Jun 14, 2022
LegendHero:

Ogbeni, Lagos IGR was 600million in 1999 and I am sure Anambra state revenue during Obi Pandora tenure is more than that. Why was he not able to replicate similar feats in Anambra? That's because Oni Pandora guy is a crook and a failure.

The rest of your statement are the usual thing you guys regurgitate like damaged robots without proof. We know you resort to rumors and propaganda when you can't measure up to our candidate.

The Anambra dunce even owed workers salaries during his tenure. A crook busy siphoning their money to offshore accounts.
ooni daamu, give them

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by GardenOfGod(m): 1:43pm On Jun 14, 2022
LegendHero:

He got the history in his previous administration and he is the ONLY presidential candidate that have demonstrated the zeal for restructuring in Nigeria.

Why do we need restructuring in Nigeria? We all agree it is based on the below angle:

--State Policing: Asiwaju is the only candidate that has consistently challenged the federal government on the need for a state police. He tried during his tenure to create state police from the good faction of OPC then but obasanjo frustrated him. He then went ahead to create RRS which he improved to the best police squad in Nigeria.

--Devolution of power to the local governments: Tinubu has done with with success in Lagos. He created 36 LCDAs to give power closer to the people. OBJ again tried to stop him which was why he seized lagos allocation. Yet, the LG still stand today with those LCDAs building projects and health center that other state governor cannot dare to do.

--Revenue independency: Do you know Tinubu was the first governor to challenge the FG on the need for states to hold their VAT? He took the FG to court during OBJ tenure and even proceeded to the supreme court. Many people thought Wike was the first person to do this VAT, but it was actually Tinubu that started the fight.

--Fiscal Policy: Before Tinubu, taxing in lagos used to be manual process where tax agents record taxes of business in the manual way and this allow companies to scam the governmrnt by not paying what is due. Tinubu was the first governor to fully digitize tax collection in Lagos through LIRS and expand the net such that he increased the revenue to over 700% percent in his 8 years as governor. Infact, the Federal government copied LIRS method to create their FIRS who till now are not as efficient as Lagos owned LIRS. That is intelligence, we need that in the FG.
Don't forget, "where are the cows?"
Is part of his achievement. grin
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by ClimaxHerbalixt(m): 1:43pm On Jun 14, 2022
What he has achieved has gone, what matters now is what he intend doing for Nigeria as a country and the methodology he wish to utilize.

Let forget all those grammars and face the reality.

What plans is he having for the failed sectors?
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Kinzo0917(m): 1:43pm On Jun 14, 2022
LegendHero:
6. Investment: Lekki Free Trade Zone opened Lagos to investors and now several top companies/bodies have their headquarters there including the biggest consulate office of the USA. Lekki infrastructure company, Eko Atlantic.

7. Housing: Decentralization of the ministry of works and housing gave birth to the conversion of the housing department to a full fledge ministry which was charged with providing 500 units of houses yearly. This single move led to making the Lekki corridor the fastest growing real estate investment haven in Nigeria. Housing sector was opened to the private investors and Lagos became the highest destination for real estate investors in Nigeria.

8. EDUCATION: Payment of WAEC fee for students from all walks of life so far you live in Lagos. Several schools were built. The One-Day governor program started with the spelling bee competition.
First of its kind

9. SECURITY: The closest thing to state policing started in Nigeria under Tinubu, with RRS in 1999. The prisons reformation in order to curb activities of criminals, led to conversion of Ita Oko Prisoners Camp to a Youth Skill Acquisition Centre. Infact RRS is now the most performing police force in Nigeria. To make things work, he created the Lagos security trust fund where private sector come together to invest in Lagos security in conjunction with the government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQz9jyOOk1M&t=1s

. I am from the south/south. I am 100% convinced that Tinubu will do well as president. I have never been this convinced. My mind keep telling me he will do well. But I pray he choose a Christian as his running mate

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Khaysee: 1:43pm On Jun 14, 2022
I once lived in his estate Abraham Adesanya
Its the cheapest in Ajah then
I don't know of now

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Antoeni(m): 1:44pm On Jun 14, 2022
Empowering Thugs
Covertion of Government Property to Himself
Extolling Motorists through Toll
Making MC Oluomo Commissioner of Transport

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Softmirror: 1:46pm On Jun 14, 2022
aylagos:
please I take God beg you bring this post down a beg….we never start please allow all this Obibi flaty to finish their carnival on social media. When the time reach for real campaign them for collect. Brother please you know say nah empty barrel they make noise . Let them continue their noise for now
grin
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by kayperry: 1:46pm On Jun 14, 2022
Cubalabloo:
The problem is will he replicate this as the commander-in-chief?

You are skeptical if he will replicate what he has done before @ federal level buh believe an OBI or Atiku will do what they've not done before @ federal level. you guyz are just jokers cheesy

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by IPIGMODS: 1:47pm On Jun 14, 2022
Rastafryrice:
mtchewwww
Any you have prove that he bought delegates? Or you are just assuming based on innuendos, propaganda and rumors?
Pls let's see your evidence of him buying delegates.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Kingozymandias(m): 1:47pm On Jun 14, 2022
LegendHero:
I saw someone (@Mario9jaa) on Twitter give snippet of why Bola Tinubu should be elected president and I want Nairalanders to see this too.

This is why we are supporting Tinubu.

1. Power: Tinubu’s government, in 2000, contracted AES to build an IPP that will generate 270MW of electricity to Lagos residents in order to exit the irrational power supply being provided by the FG. The 270MW is now part of our national grid. It is the first of it’s Kind. Tinubu electrification project covered over 100 communities. In his first term, 53 rural communities were targeted. The projects were completed in Egan, Atewolere, Ifesowapo, Aboru, Agbado Ayetoro, Akorede, Isheri Ikosi, Orile Aguntan, Rofo, Borokini, Omologbede, Araromi, Oke Agbo, Erekusu, Logberu, Okegelu and Ebute, Lekki. Others were Origanringan, Onigbolakowe, Oke odo Elemoro, Ipaja Isale odo, Agenuba, Ajelogo, Mutaku, Egansando, Ayanfe, topo and Ikola Agbenaje.

2. Decentralization: In order to bring governance closer to the people of Lagos state, Asiwaju created extra 36 LCDAs which led to the disagreement between Lagos and the OBJ led FG. They are still working till date. Nigeria needs someone who believes in this!
First of it’s kind

3. Economy: With an IGR of just over 600million naira when he took over, different initiatives which included the reorganization of the LIRS led to an unprecedented IGR of over 7billion monthly after 8 years, the sustainability of which has brought same to 57bn in 2022.

4. Health: Decentralization of the Health Management Board led to the creation of LASAMBUS, an ambulance management scheme, Hospital Services Commission and Lagos State Health Facility Monitoring and Accreditation Agency. In addition, policies such as “Roll Back Malaria”, “Jigi Bola, Free Health Policy for children below 16 year and adults above 65 years are verifiable ones that stood him out then. The First of its Kind.

5. Infrastructure: Roads, Railway Roadmaps, Port Roadmaps, Housing Roadmaps. Hospital Roadmaps.

https://thenationonlineng.net/tinubu-the-power-of-lagos-blueprint/amp/

Hmmmm as your direct rival working for Waziri Adamawa Alhaji Atiku Ibrahim Abubakar I can say this is the best post on the opposition. Usually all your candidates supporters here behave like touts and hooligans abusing tribes and religion... Finally a sound opposition post I can digest and reply ..

Well done comrade

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by lolu2019: 1:48pm On Jun 14, 2022
Rastafryrice:
mtchewwww
he never did.he bought aspirants instead. see levels. I know u r Ipigs.bring out Obi achievements,let us see.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by TriCee: 1:48pm On Jun 14, 2022
It takes only a sound mind and healthy person to achieve all these.

A senile and unhealthy person cannot do anything reasonable. The mind may be willing but the body is very weak and unwilling.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by tamdun: 1:48pm On Jun 14, 2022
Help2020:

Why is he not using the hospital he built?
Why London?
Shey obi no dey go medical tour? Tell me one Nigeria politician that doesn't travel abroad for medical

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Kinzo0917(m): 1:48pm On Jun 14, 2022
LegendHero:

Give the phone to Obi Pandora and tell him to list his verifiable achievement that stand to this day in Anambra.

Ask him why he owed Anambra workers billions, and yet claiming he left savings when he can't pay hungry workers.
. I would ve wish Obi wins becos he is young but he can't becos he don't ve d national coverage. He can only win in East and some part of south/south. He can't win my state delta. Delta votes will be share btw PDP and APC. I Don't see northerners voting Obi. I stay in d North and I know wat I am saying

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by siofra(f): 1:49pm On Jun 14, 2022
Even Buhari had numerous achievements as a military head of state yet see how he failed us.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by IPIGMODS: 1:50pm On Jun 14, 2022
It Tinubu had been a Igbo man, I swear they will be worshipping him.
Online will be filled with cries of how he's the only one that can turn Nigeria into Dubai.
Just see the level of noise for Pandora man that has ZERO record. grin
Obi has zero record, ask his supporters, they will tell you that he saved money for Anambra and that's it.
They will not tell you that the same man invested Anambra money into HIS OWN Family business.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by kayperry: 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2022
Antoeni:
Empowering Thugs
Covertion of Government Property to Himself
Extolling Motorists through Toll
Making MC Oluomo Commissioner of Transport

What you be me concern about is stability ... in as much as you can travel and go to church without the fear of bandit and kidnappers you should be happy.
If you don't drive a bus or own a bus i can'y comprehend why agbero should be your own problem

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by lolu2019: 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2022
ClimaxHerbalixt:
What he has achieved has gone, what matters now is what he intend doing for Nigeria as a country and the methodology he wish to utilize.

Let forget all those grammars and face the reality.

What plans is he having for the failed sectors?
u will know that during the manifesto
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by casualobserver: 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2022
when we say list peter Obi's acheivements in 8 years, all of them they say "go and check" and they proceed to abuse you and run away. Why are they afriad to list the achievements of the man they call savior and the messiah? ...because as someone said the problem with peter Obi is that he "lies effortlessly" and when you peel away the layers of eloquence you find a man who is nothing but a fraud. Even his governor of the year award was a fraud because it wasn't governor of the year, it was best governor in eradicating Polio. A man who claimed he has no house outside Nigeria only for Pandora papers to reveal he has a house in London, nobody said you stole the money, we know you bought the house before you became governor, but why lie in the 1st place? Thats the problem with Obi, he lies effortlessly!!!

Like someone said on twitter, the Peter Obi supporters are young naive idealists and ethnic supporters, they are not interested in facts or sense. Fortunately for the rest of us they will hit a stumbling block when they encounter people who are not blinded by hype and tribe. Just to show how daft some of his supporters are (the young endsars idealists) this is a man under whose regine probably the worst mass SARS killings happenned.
if you break down the man peter Obi, every thing is lies and fraudulent manipulation except that he improved the education rating of Anambra. Every thing else from Saying what is \An hausa man doing in Anambra, to putting state money into his family business, to unilaterally awarding contracts to friends and cronies, failed roads etc etc ( the list is endless) is fraudulent or at the very best being economical with the truth....the man is a fraud!!! Obiano, despit his alledged looting and in an economy of low Oil prices and covid has more visible achievements than Obi.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Help2020: 1:52pm On Jun 14, 2022
tamdun:

Shey obi no dey go medical tour? Tell me one Nigeria politician that doesn't travel abroad for medical
Show me where Obi go medical tour.
Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by PAWG(m): 1:53pm On Jun 14, 2022
Cubalabloo:
The problem is will he replicate this as the commander-in-chief?

Rather than trade insults, I think this is the best way to market a candidate

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by LegendHero(m): 1:53pm On Jun 14, 2022
echukwuma:
Remove all federal projects from Lagos and tell us what does Lagos have, nothing...!
Airport and seaport wetin again grin grin shocked

So all the things listed on this thread are FG project?

IPOB terrorists can’t think! Meth have destroyed them.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Obakoolex(m): 1:56pm On Jun 14, 2022
Iamgrey5:
My major problem with Tinubu is age

He achieved all these things when he was a lot younger.

He is not as agile as he was 20 years ago

Forget all the Obi noise, it's mostly well diguised bigotry hidden in emotional politics. If it's not that, I wonder why they keep targeting Tinubu who is not in direct competition with Obi's voters.

Any reasonable campaign will be against Atiku who is likely to win Southeast/South South which Obi is banking on
Agile in what sense exactly? Be sincere for the past 2 weeks has there been any day you didn't see tinubu in the news moving from one state to another.... presently in ekiti state now for governorship campaign while most youth can't move from house to work without looking for paracetamol at the end of the week

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence / Buhari And Amosun Eat Together In UK (Photos) / Patience Jonathan Weeps At Alamieyeseigha’s Family House (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.