Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,042 members, 7,810,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor (67034 Views)

FG Lists Tinubu’s Achievements In 2023 / Reno Omokri Lists President Tinubu’s Achievements In One Week / Throwback Video Of Obasanjo Appreciating Tinubu's Achievements as Governor. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by LegendHero(m): 6:08pm On Jun 13, 2022
I saw someone (@Mario9jaa) on Twitter give snippet of why Bola Tinubu should be elected president and I want Nairalanders to see this too.

This is why we are supporting Tinubu.

1. Power: Tinubu’s government, in 2000, contracted AES to build an IPP that will generate 270MW of electricity to Lagos residents in order to exit the irrational power supply being provided by the FG. The 270MW is now part of our national grid. It is the first of it’s Kind. Tinubu electrification project covered over 100 communities. In his first term, 53 rural communities were targeted. The projects were completed in Egan, Atewolere, Ifesowapo, Aboru, Agbado Ayetoro, Akorede, Isheri Ikosi, Orile Aguntan, Rofo, Borokini, Omologbede, Araromi, Oke Agbo, Erekusu, Logberu, Okegelu and Ebute, Lekki. Others were Origanringan, Onigbolakowe, Oke odo Elemoro, Ipaja Isale odo, Agenuba, Ajelogo, Mutaku, Egansando, Ayanfe, topo and Ikola Agbenaje.

2. Decentralization: In order to bring governance closer to the people of Lagos state, Asiwaju created extra 36 LCDAs which led to the disagreement between Lagos and the OBJ led FG. They are still working till date. Nigeria needs someone who believes in this!
First of it’s kind

3. Economy: With an IGR of just over 600million naira when he took over, different initiatives which included the reorganization of the LIRS led to an unprecedented IGR of over 7billion monthly after 8 years, the sustainability of which has brought same to 57bn in 2022.

4. Health: Decentralization of the Health Management Board led to the creation of LASAMBUS, an ambulance management scheme, Hospital Services Commission and Lagos State Health Facility Monitoring and Accreditation Agency. In addition, policies such as “Roll Back Malaria”, “Jigi Bola, Free Health Policy for children below 16 year and adults above 65 years are verifiable ones that stood him out then. The First of its Kind.

5. Infrastructure: Roads, Railway Roadmaps, Port Roadmaps, Housing Roadmaps. Hospital Roadmaps.

https://thenationonlineng.net/tinubu-the-power-of-lagos-blueprint/amp/

220 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by LegendHero(m): 6:08pm On Jun 13, 2022
6. Investment: Lekki Free Trade Zone opened Lagos to investors and now several top companies/bodies have their headquarters there including the biggest consulate office of the USA. Lekki infrastructure company, Eko Atlantic.

7. Housing: Decentralization of the ministry of works and housing gave birth to the conversion of the housing department to a full fledge ministry which was charged with providing 500 units of houses yearly. This single move led to making the Lekki corridor the fastest growing real estate investment haven in Nigeria. Housing sector was opened to the private investors and Lagos became the highest destination for real estate investors in Nigeria.

8. EDUCATION: Payment of WAEC fee for students from all walks of life so far you live in Lagos. Several schools were built. The One-Day governor program started with the spelling bee competition.
First of its kind

9. SECURITY: The closest thing to state policing started in Nigeria under Tinubu, with RRS in 1999. The prisons reformation in order to curb activities of criminals, led to conversion of Ita Oko Prisoners Camp to a Youth Skill Acquisition Centre. Infact RRS is now the most performing police force in Nigeria. To make things work, he created the Lagos security trust fund where private sector come together to invest in Lagos security in conjunction with the government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQz9jyOOk1M&t=1s

213 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by LegendHero(m): 6:08pm On Jun 13, 2022
10. ENVIRONMENT: LAWMA, LASEPA, LWC, PUMAU, LASECA. All formulated by
Tinubu to tackle the issue of environmental decay in Lagos.

11. EMPOWERMENT SCHEMES: The creation of several agencies led to several openings in the government which led to jobs in LASTMA, LAGBUS, LASEWA etc. First of its kind.

12. PPP Initiatives:
-Lekki Free Trade Zone PPP - Tinubu
-Eko Atlantic - PPP Tinubu
-Lagos state security trust fund - Tinubu
-Lekki infrastructure company - Tinubu
-Enron power project PPP - Tinubu
-LSPDC PPP - Tinubu
-Privatisation of Healthcare delivery ( Labs and diagnostic centers) - Tinubu
-Lagos BRT scheme PPP - Tinubu
-Lekki concession company PPP - Tinubu

Tinubu Received many awards: They include
-The ‘Best Governor of for 2001 by the Nigerian/Belgian Chamber of Commerce
-Winner of 2002 Best Practices Prize in improving the living environment (by the Federal Ministry of Works and UN habitat Group), 2000
-Best computerized Government in Nigeria (by the Computer Association of Nigeria),
-2003 Green Crystal Award for Enhancing the Value of the Environment (by Clean-Up Nigeria (CUN),
-2002 Healthcare Award as the best provider of best health services in Nigeria, Presidential Merit Award for technological Development by the Nigerian Society of Engineers,
-2001 National Literacy award for outstanding contribution to mas literacy,
-Co-winner of 2002 Outstanding Alumnus award of the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC),
-2001 Distinguished Alumnus Award by Chicago State University, Distinguished Service Award for Exemplary Leadership by the Lagos State Economic Summit Group,
-Certificate of Commendation by the national Conference of Black mayors,
-Silver Jubilee Anniversary Award as Labour Friendly Governor by the National Union of Petroleum and Natural gas Workers (NUPENG),
-Award of Recognition by Nigerian Berge Limited for the initiation of the Independent Power project (IPP).

CC: Mynd44 Lalasticala

Source: https://twitter.com/Mario9jaa/status/1535621068806885376?s=20&t=b0qApX_t2s5VtuC15SSg5g

252 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Rastafryrice: 6:11pm On Jun 13, 2022
why buy delegates votes when you hwve these kind of achievements mtchewwww social media achievements

277 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Cubalabloo(m): 6:11pm On Jun 13, 2022
The problem is will he replicate this as the commander-in-chief?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by LegendHero(m): 6:12pm On Jun 13, 2022
Cubalabloo:

He got the history in his previous administration and he is the ONLY presidential candidate that have demonstrated the zeal for restructuring in Nigeria.

Why do we need restructuring in Nigeria? We all agree it is based on the below angle:

--State Policing: Asiwaju is the only candidate that has consistently challenged the federal government on the need for a state police. He tried during his tenure to create state police from the good faction of OPC then but obasanjo frustrated him. He then went ahead to create RRS which he improved to the best police squad in Nigeria.

--Devolution of power to the local governments: Tinubu has done with with success in Lagos. He created 36 LCDAs to give power closer to the people. OBJ again tried to stop him which was why he seized lagos allocation. Yet, the LG still stand today with those LCDAs building projects and health center that other state governor cannot dare to do.

--Revenue independency: Do you know Tinubu was the first governor to challenge the FG on the need for states to hold their VAT? He took the FG to court during OBJ tenure and even proceeded to the supreme court. Many people thought Wike was the first person to do this VAT, but it was actually Tinubu that started the fight.

--Fiscal Policy: Before Tinubu, taxing in lagos used to be manual process where tax agents record taxes of business in the manual way and this allow companies to scam the governmrnt by not paying what is due. Tinubu was the first governor to fully digitize tax collection in Lagos through LIRS and expand the net such that he increased the revenue to over 700% percent in his 8 years as governor. Infact, the Federal government copied LIRS method to create their FIRS who till now are not as efficient as Lagos owned LIRS. That is intelligence, we need that in the FG.

309 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Babaken(m): 6:20pm On Jun 13, 2022
After you talk of his achievements look for longer note to pen down his loot.

107 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Tunechi5(m): 6:23pm On Jun 13, 2022
Ok

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by LegendHero(m): 6:23pm On Jun 13, 2022
Rastafryrice:
why buy delegates votes when you hwve these kind of achievements
mtchewwww
social media achievements

He did not buy delegates, you cannot buy loyalty. The only delegates you can buy are the swing delegates which explained why most of the SE delegates sold their rights.

Even if you pay Sanwo-Olu 1billion, he won't still hand over Lagos delegate vote to you as a candidate. If you even put on your thinking cap, do you think Tinubu can outspend the federal government because it's obvious he was not the cabal candidate.

Accept it, Tinubu is loved by people within APC and they gave him a clear lead of 1271 in the primaries. Stop hating!

388 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by LegendHero(m): 6:24pm On Jun 13, 2022
Tunechi5:
Security, abg who shot end sars protesters

Go and ask Buhari and the Army chiefs.

I am sure those who shot Awkusu people during peter Obi reign and sacrrificed massacre of countless youth and dumped them in Ezu river are the same people that shot end sars protester.

If you blame Tinubu for end sars protester shooting, then Peter Obi should show us where he dumped hundreds of body of Anamabra youth in Ezu river.

380 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by ivolt: 6:24pm On Jun 13, 2022
Okay

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by osinbanjoisaliar: 6:25pm On Jun 13, 2022
LegendHero no worry. Wen I start ehn, yar boss political structure go crash. Na me give him team the cheat code to win primaries. Now I go give Atiku the cheat code to destroy am kpatakpata

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by LegendHero(m): 6:27pm On Jun 13, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:
LegendHero no worry. Wen I start ehn, yar boss political structure go crash. Na me give him team the cheat code to win. Now I go give Atiku the cheat code to destroy am kpatakpata

Give the phone to Obi Pandora and tell him to list his verifiable achievement that stand to this day in Anambra.

Ask him why he owed Anambra workers billions, and yet claiming he left savings when he can't pay hungry workers.

241 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by aylagos(m): 6:31pm On Jun 13, 2022
LegendHero:
10. ENVIRONMENT: LAWMA, LASEPA, LWC, PUMAU, LASECA. All formulated by
Tinubu to tackle the issue of environmental decay in Lagos.

11. EMPOWERMENT SCHEMES: The creation of several agencies led to several openings in the government which led to jobs in LASTMA, LAGBUS, LASEWA etc. First of its kind.

12. PPP Initiatives:
-Lekki Free Trade Zone PPP - Tinubu
-Eko Atlantic - PPP Tinubu
-Lagos state security trust fund - Tinubu
-Lekki infrastructure company - Tinubu
-Enron power project PPP - Tinubu
-LSPDC PPP - Tinubu
-Privatisation of Healthcare delivery ( Labs and diagnostic centers) - Tinubu
-Lagos BRT scheme PPP - Tinubu
-Lekki concession company PPP - Tinubu

Tinubu Received many awards: They include
-The ‘Best Governor of for 2001 by the Nigerian/Belgian Chamber of Commerce
-Winner of 2002 Best Practices Prize in improving the living environment (by the Federal Ministry of Works and UN habitat Group), 2000
-Best computerized Government in Nigeria (by the Computer Association of Nigeria),
-2003 Green Crystal Award for Enhancing the Value of the Environment (by Clean-Up Nigeria (CUN),
-2002 Healthcare Award as the best provider of best health services in Nigeria, Presidential Merit Award for technological Development by the Nigerian Society of Engineers,
-2001 National Literacy award for outstanding contribution to mas literacy,
-Co-winner of 2002 Outstanding Alumnus award of the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC),
-2001 Distinguished Alumnus Award by Chicago State University, Distinguished Service Award for Exemplary Leadership by the Lagos State Economic Summit Group,
-Certificate of Commendation by the national Conference of Black mayors,
-Silver Jubilee Anniversary Award as Labour Friendly Governor by the National Union of Petroleum and Natural gas Workers (NUPENG),
-Award of Recognition by Nigerian Berge Limited for the initiation of the Independent Power project (IPP).

CC: Mynd44 Lalasticala

Source: https://twitter.com/Mario9jaa/status/1535621068806885376?s=20&t=b0qApX_t2s5VtuC15SSg5g
please I take God beg you bring this post down a beg….we never start please allow all this Obibi flaty to finish their carnival on social media. When the time reach for real campaign them for collect. Brother please you know say nah empty barrel they make noise . Let them continue their noise for now

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by alanto: 6:31pm On Jun 13, 2022
Cubalabloo:
Of course that's why reasonable people are rooting for him. All those people shouting Peter obi are not doing it because he can perform (there's no history to show he can perform) they are doing it just so they can have igbo presidency. But at this point Nigeria doesn't need an ethnic presidency. What we need is a president that can perform imagine wasting another 8 years to politics. What are we going to tell our children in future? We lost on Azikiwe because he traded his position, we lost on Awolowo because he as not allowed, we lost on MKO because his mandate was seized by higher power, we lost Yaradua to untimely death. For once we have to do something right. All those shoutin Atiku can not show proof of his performance anywhere.

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by osinbanjoisaliar: 6:32pm On Jun 13, 2022
LegendHero:

Give the phone to Obi Pandora and tell him to list his verifiable achievement that stand to this day in Anambra.

Ask him why he owed Anambra workers billions, and yet claiming he left savings when he can't pay hungry workers.

You be dreamer. Check all my posts. I dey yab Obi supporters die. I no fit support failure and clout chasers. But I go soon finish yar principal life ambition. 3months to election, all the northern Governors go run pick race, from APC

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by mach7(m): 6:32pm On Jun 13, 2022
There is no doubt that BAT is an achiever.

He will always have me and my family's vote.

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by LegendHero(m): 6:33pm On Jun 13, 2022
aylagos:
please I take God beg you bring this post down a beg….we never start please allow all this Obibi flaty to finish their carnival on social media. When the time reach for real campaign them for collect. Brother please you know say nah empty barrel they make noise . Let them continue their noise now

Comrade we will be giving them bit by bit.

Lot of pictorial evidence of verifiable achievements of Asiwaju yapa wey we go use destroy them.

Me I am just catching cruise today.

223 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by mach7(m): 6:34pm On Jun 13, 2022
LegendHero:

Lot of pictorial evidence of verifiable achievements of Asiwaju yapa wey we go use destroy them.

Please share, we need to preach the gospel of BAT

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 13, 2022
alanto:

Of course that's why reasonable people are rooting for him. All those people shouting Peter obi are not doing it because he can perform (there's no history to show he can perform) they are doing it just so they can have igbo presidency. But at this point Nigeria doesn't need an ethnic presidency. What we need is a president that can perform imagine wasting another 8 years to politics. What are we going to tell our children in future? We lost on Azikiwe because he traded his position, we lost on Awolowo because he as not allowed, we lost on MKO because his mandate was seized by higher power, we lost Yaradua to untimely death. For once we have to do something right. All those shoutin Atiku can not show proof of his performance anywhere.

Gbayi baba. Your intellect and wisdom must continue to grow productively.

220 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 13, 2022
alanto:

Gbayi baba. Your intellect and wisdom will continue to grow productively by the grace of any god, spirit or entity you worship.

188 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by seunmsg(m): 6:36pm On Jun 13, 2022
It’s just an insult comparing the achievements of Tinubu to that of Peter Obi Pandora. Obi should be dragging performance with Local government chairman in Lagos and not Tinubu. They are not close in anything.

251 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by aylagos(m): 6:36pm On Jun 13, 2022
LegendHero:

Gbayi ✅✅✅

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by aylagos(m): 6:42pm On Jun 13, 2022
seunmsg:
It’s just an insult comparing the achievements of Tinubu to that of Peter Obi Pandora. Obi should be dragging performance with Local government chairman in Lagos and not Tinubu. They are not close in anything.
even Fashola is way way better and far far better than Obi….what is the size of Anambra state in population. You see those flaty eh they are one way traffic ooo they don’t know what they really want oo 2020 was for IPOB/Biafra and Nigeria is a Zoo…..fast forward to 2022 they want to be President of a country they called Zoo no more Biafra no more sit at home anymore.

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Iamgrey5(m): 6:43pm On Jun 13, 2022
My major problem with Tinubu is age

He achieved all these things when he was a lot younger.

He is not as agile as he was 20 years ago

Forget all the Obi noise, it's mostly well diguised bigotry hidden in emotional politics. If it's not that, I wonder why they keep targeting Tinubu who is not in direct competition with Obi's voters.

Any reasonable campaign will be against Atiku who is likely to win Southeast/South South which Obi is banking on

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by mrsmith11(m): 6:44pm On Jun 13, 2022
F

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 13, 2022
LegendHero, brother mi, I am sure you sabi who dey talk. Gyabi baba. We are just beginning. I told Atiku fans, even before Tinubu won the APC ticket, that they will witness a campaign that will frighten them once BAT is declared the APC candidate.

How do you compare Atiku, who topped out as a very corrupt and mediocre VP, to Tinubu who is universally celebrated as one of the greatest politician to come out of Africa in the modern era with countless verified, exemplary and stunning achievements to his name?

Atiku has zero credentials to display and Obi's so called achievements are a credit to 419 ingenuity and deciet. Kwankwaso is simply nothing special and not particularly worthy of mention.

Baba, we dey prepare world class dissertations and PHD-standard thesis for them sef. We will obliterate Atiku, Kwankwaso, Obi and other pretenders with factual submissions no one can dismiss or discredit.

We dey ground ready to rumble. cool cool

204 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by OfoIgbo: 6:49pm On Jun 13, 2022
We need to know the budget he was working with.

Once the budgets of both Lagos and Anambra are determined, it becomes easier to scale both states using the ratio determined by the budgets.

Peter Obi will beat Tinubu silly and he knows that. That's why he was buying votes, and paying each governor two million dollars each. Can you imagine?

Guess where Tinubu intends to recoup the huge expenses of the APC primaries from? From federal government coffers. That's why such people must not be allowed anywhere near Aso rock. Corrupt lot

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by LegendHero(m): 6:49pm On Jun 13, 2022
candidtalk:
LegendHero, brother mi, I am sure you sabi who dey talk. Gyabi baba. We are just beginning. I told Atiku fans, even before Tinubu won the APC ticket, that they will witness a campaign that will frighten them once BAT is declared the APC candidate.

How do you compare Atiku, who topped out as a very corrupt and mediocre VP, to Tinubu who is universally celebrated as one of the greatest politician to come out of Africa in the modern era with countless achievements to his name?

Baba, we they prepare dissertation and PHD-standard thesis for them sef. We will obliterate Atiku, Kwankwaso, Obi and other pretenders with factual submissions no one can dismiss or discredit.

We dey ground ready to rumble. cool cool

Brother me I sabi you well well.

Those Obi Pandora fans are just newly woke kids learning how to use Twitter with penchant to chase clout. They themselves cant point us to any visible achievement of Peter Obi besides regurgitating chinese statistics contents they see online.

Anywhere you see Asiwaju supporters, they are learned, intelligent, confident, and ever ready to defend Asiwaju legacy with verifiable fact and supportive evidence.

This shows why Jagaban is the ONLY candidate with proven record of building team of intellectuals to deliver on his goal.

194 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by LegendHero(m): 6:54pm On Jun 13, 2022
OfoIgbo:

Once the budgets of both Lagos and Anambra are determined, it becomes easier to scale both states using the ratio determined by the budgets.

Peter Obi will beat Tinubu silly and he knows that. That's why he was buying votes, and paying each governor two million dollars each. Can you imagine?

Guess where Tinubu intends to recoup the huge expenses of the APC primaries from? From federal government coffers. That's why such people must not be allowed anywhere near Aso rock. Corrupt lot

Ogbeni, Lagos IGR was 600million in 1999 and I am sure Anambra state revenue during Obi Pandora tenure is more than that. Why was he not able to replicate similar feats in Anambra? That's because Oni Pandora guy is a crook and a failure.

The rest of your statement are the usual thing you guys regurgitate like damaged robots without proof. We know you resort to rumors and propaganda when you can't measure up to our candidate.

The Anambra dunce even owed workers salaries during his tenure. A crook busy siphoning their money to offshore accounts.

194 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 13, 2022
OfoIgbo:

The fee Tinubu agreed to pay in your lounge and in your presence ba? One can never expect you IPOBians to talk like sensible adults or to reason as well as an averagely intelligent 7 year old child.

Everything is just conjecture, fabrication and wildly unproven accusations with you lot.

Next minute you will be shouting that Nigerians must accept one of you as their Preaident when all your talk shows that no Igbo man will even be mentally or emotionally ready to lead Nigeria in the next 30 years.

191 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor by DMerciful(m): 6:57pm On Jun 13, 2022
So Obi is now the main opposition candidate?

Na wa o
LegendHero:

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

APC Governorship Primaries In 27 States (Live Updates) / Forbes Take On Kemi Adeosun, Nigeria's New Minister For Finance / Meet Onyechi Ikpeazu The Lawyer Who Convinced Tribunal To Declare Adeleke Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.