Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again (14656 Views)

Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic / Wukari Crisis Again... / Jos Crisis Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by EzeUche(m): 5:26pm On Jul 23, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Eze,

They go with you. We havve Ilaje and we are happy with them. You need your own riverine people.

shocked shocked shocked

We already have our riverine Igbos.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by ChinenyeN(m): 5:39pm On Jul 23, 2011
I do not like that idea of dividing the Ijo. I would prefer that we segregate ourselves from them in separate sovereign territories.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by aljharem(m): 5:46pm On Jul 23, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

ALJ harem must be having a nice time.

Before you continue with your comments, you must know that alj harem SOLE reason for being here is to divide the south.

No angry

Ijaws are the main reason why the South is divided. I have to say the truth here

secondly, I just want to expose the hypocricy of "southern nigeria" you are a shouting about. Whether yoruba and igbos would leave together in peace without the igbos shouting they developed the whole southern nigeria and yoruba shouting they are the wises and ijaw shouting our oil and our land

Imagine 2011 a group saying "conquered territory" is this statement not provocating to Itsekiris and indeed the yoruba nation. Yet they (ijaws) would be the first say Others of are tribal.

thirdly, please and please forget this "southern unity" because there is nothing abosulting nothing like southern unity.

when would it take igbos to call rivers state "conquered territory" or yorubas saying delta state "conquered territory"

remember ogoni, urhobo, etc are still there
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by EzeUche(m): 5:46pm On Jul 23, 2011
ChinenyeN:

I do not like that idea of dividing the Ijo. I would prefer that we segregate ourselves from them in separate sovereign territories.

These Ijaws have to be separated for decades, before they become peaceful. The same had to happen in Germany, when it was divided by the East and West. That is how West solved the German problem.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by aljharem(m): 5:46pm On Jul 23, 2011
EzeUche:

shocked shocked shocked

We already have our riverine Igbos.

Just because you have Ilaje does not mean Ijaw aggression will stop. Ask all their neighbors!

The Ijaws must be divided like they once were. During Palm oil trade, there was no Ijaw tribe, there was only Kalabari, Okrika and all other various tribes.

Mr big brother to Ijaws goodluck with biafra or southern nigeria
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by ChinenyeN(m): 5:55pm On Jul 23, 2011
EzeUche:

These Ijaws have to be separated for decades, before they become peaceful. The same had to happen in Germany, when it was divided by the East and West. That is how West solved the German problem.
But Ijo is not Germany, and we are not Europeans. The best applicable solution for our situation is segregation and isolation.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by ChinenyeN(m): 5:55pm On Jul 23, 2011
alj harem:

Mr big brother to Ijaws goodluck with biafra or southern nigeria
Shut it.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by aljharem(m): 6:04pm On Jul 23, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Shut it.

funny hw u want to deny the views of majority of igbos

just becos u don't see them as igbo junior brother does not mean other igbos don't have that view
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by EzeUche(m): 6:13pm On Jul 23, 2011
ChinenyeN:

But Ijo is not Germany, and we are not Europeans. The best applicable solution for our situation is segregation and isolation.

The Ijaw are a warlike people. That is why I made the comparison.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by aljharem(m): 6:16pm On Jul 23, 2011
Dede1:

Negative_Ntns,

You have crossed the point of no return with this ill-motivated conjectural crap. I will state unequivocally, baring any sense of arrogance, no single ethnic group in Nigeria will slide onto war path with Ndigbo and be able to tell the tales of the battles. No son of Igbo, trained soldier or not, will scamper across the border on the sight of a drunken private in the army.

please explain the fulani herdmen in imoland undecided mouth mouth grammar and still nothing inside that skull of urs undecided cry cry
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by EzeUche(m): 6:23pm On Jul 23, 2011
alj harem:

please explain the fulani herdmen in imoland undecided mouth mouth grammar and still nothing inside that skull of urs undecided cry cry

The Fulani who committed that act have been dealt with by the Igbos of that state.  cool

I would be quiet if I was you, because Igbos in Aba and Onitsha are known to deal with Northerners when the time comes.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by ChinenyeN(m): 6:23pm On Jul 23, 2011
alj harem:

funny hw u want to deny the views of majority of igbos

just becos u don't see them as igbo junior brother does not mean other igbos don't have that view
Wrong choice of words. It's not denial. It is staunch disagreement with the supposed 'majority of Igbo' that you are here running off about.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by aljharem(m): 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2011
EzeUche:

The Fulani who committed that act have been dealt with by the Igbos of that state.  cool

I would hold your tongue, because Igbos in Aba and Onitsha are known to deal with your people when the time comes.

keep decieving yourself, u would deal fulani herdmen and not get the whole igbo race desimated

ChinenyeN:

Wrong choice of words. It's not denial. It is staunch disagreement with the supposed 'majority of Igbo' that you are here running off about.
ok
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by ChinenyeN(m): 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2011
EzeUche:

The Ijaw will remain a problem for any of their neighbors. Ogoni, Ibibio, Ikwerre, Urhobo, Ilaje, Itsekiri have all been victims of Ijaw aggression.
That is an issue for their 'minority' neighbors. It is not my issue and it doesn't have to be my issue. Ikwerre, Ogoni, Itsekiri, etc. it is their issue to sort out.
They will do what they can, and hopefully try what they must.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by EzeUche(m): 6:31pm On Jul 23, 2011
alj harem:

keep decieving yourself, u would deal fulani herdmen and not get the whole igbo race desimated

Who is afraid of Fulani?

They are treated like dogs in other West African countries. No one is afraid. Even the Middle Belt is not afraid.

Are the people of Jos afraid?

Are the people of Kaduna afraid?

Are the Tiv afraid?
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by seanet02: 6:32pm On Jul 23, 2011
Typical Empty ibosians. Making noise on issues that concern none of their fingers.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by EzeUche(m): 6:34pm On Jul 23, 2011
ChinenyeN:

That is an issue for their 'minority' neighbors. It is not my issue and it doesn't have to be my issue. Ikwerre, Ogoni, Itsekiri, etc. it is their issue to sort out.
They will do what they can, and hopefully try what they must.

Ok Thucydides.  grin It is not our concern.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by ChinenyeN(m): 6:42pm On Jul 23, 2011
What we have to look forward to, at the very least, is that the Ikwere, Ogoni, etc. minorities will keep their Ijo situation contained. . at the very least.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2011
The Ijaws are not a Problem to Ndiigbo. They have never been a Problem to Ndiigbo. So let us leave them to their devices as they have left us to ours. In terms of mutual interest we deal and their after everybody to your devices.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by EzeUche(m): 6:44pm On Jul 23, 2011
ChinenyeN:

What we have to look forward to, at the very least, is that the Ikwere, Ogoni, etc. minorities will keep their Ijo situation contained. . at the very least.

Bliss4Lyfe:

The Ijaws are not a Problem to Ndiigbo. The have never been a Problem to Ndiigbo. So let us leave them to their devices as they have left us to ours. In terms of mutual interest we deal and their after everybody to your devices.

As long as they are not claiming PH, it shall be of no concern for the Ndigbo. Let them seek their frustration West of the River Niger.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by NegroNtns(m): 6:48pm On Jul 23, 2011
Eze,

What do u call igbo riverine? I'm talking about swamp and mangrove riverine u dey talk about river niger bank.

How u take compare Ilaje and Ijaw, both masters in mangrove swamp skills with Igbo wey dey fish upland for bank of river niger? Chei!

Anyway, you own that territory, abi no be so? So you get everything that comes with it, people and resources.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:49pm On Jul 23, 2011
EzeUche:

As long as they are not claiming PH, it shall be of no concern for the Ndigbo. Let them seek their frustration West of the River Niger.

Port Harcourt is on Igboland and they know dat, but we have to understand that it is also a city. We need various ethnic groups contributing various talent for the success of the city. The Ijaw amongst many can share port harcourt with us as home.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by aljharem(m): 6:55pm On Jul 23, 2011
EzeUche:

Who is afraid of Fulani?

They are treated like dogs in other West African countries. No one is afraid. Even the Middle Belt is not afraid.

Are the people of Jos afraid?

Are the people of Kaduna afraid?

Are the Tiv afraid?

yes keep decieving yourself, the current president of cameroun, mail and senegal are fulanis

so who is hated ?

kaduna is hausa/fulani land so what are you talking about
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by ektbear: 6:55pm On Jul 23, 2011
Where is this useless OPC, btw?

I don't see how Ijaw can get away with this stuff in Delta State w/o being punished heavily for it in Yorubaland.

Bleh

Yorubaland needs a strong militia that will not hesitate to shed blood if necessary. If OPC is not fit for the task, maybe something else will need to be created
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by WilWily: 6:58pm On Jul 23, 2011
Ijaw will defeat Yoruba any day
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by EzeUche(m): 7:01pm On Jul 23, 2011
alj harem:

yes keep decieving yourself, the current president of cameroun, mail and senegal are fulanis

so who is hated ?

kaduna is hausa/fulani land so what are you talking about

Liar! Liar!

Cameroonian president Paul Biya is not Fulani, he is Beti-Pahuin.

Mali's president Amadou Toure is Mandinka

Senegal's president Abdoulaye Wade is Wolof.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by ChinenyeN(m): 7:05pm On Jul 23, 2011
I don't know. I'm really inclined to sack (correct choice of words?) P.H. just out of sentiment against Ikwere, but I realize that such just doesn't make sense. That aside, there is little to nothing to worry about regarding Ijo, Ikwere and P.H., in my opinion.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by NegroNtns(m): 7:05pm On Jul 23, 2011
Ekt,

OPC is reserved for serious issues particularly political related. They don't want to be dragged into something that can be resolved locally without too much hassle. 'ts reason for silence - they want big fish to take it to!
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by ektbear: 7:11pm On Jul 23, 2011
Well, there needs to be some sort of other organization that can deal with this type of stuff. Maybe one that will deal with smaller issues like this. Ijaw are too small a tribe to be pushing anyone around. And there are enough "hostages" (so to speak) in the SW that they should never have the temerity to do this. So you can punish them in an extremely low-cost, low-risk way, if you organize properly.

It is very annoying. Nigeria (and Africa more generally) is a land where you'll sometimes need to kill to get your point across. We need to recognize this.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by NegroNtns(m): 7:18pm On Jul 23, 2011
Negro throws "salute", Yes Sir!

I agree 100 prcnt! In a discussion few days ago tpia and I touched on precisely this point on scalability of force for patriotic agenda.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by EzeUche(m): 10:12pm On Jul 23, 2011
Where is the liar alj harem? I thought you said the president of Cameroon, Mali and Senegal were Fulani? angry angry angry
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by NegroNtns(m): 10:19pm On Jul 23, 2011
Why Eze, what"s the interest if they are or not? You dey fear nomads ? grin Nna dont worry as long you no dey inside Imo state nothing to worry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Picture Of Delta State Cheques To Pay Obasanjo Farms / Senator Chris Anyanwu Disgraced Today At 'oru Owerri' / No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.