Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,565 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again (14657 Views)

Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic / Wukari Crisis Again... / Jos Crisis Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by lagcity(m): 12:23am On Jul 31, 2011
Chyz*:

Itsekiri never decimated the Ijaw and never will. I dont know where una dey get una info. Please post.

When the yorubas fought hausas, Ibos ran away? When did this happen? Lol. Please post.

6 fulani went on a rampage and Ibo took off. When did this happen? Please post.

Another thing, what happened when the Ijaw sacked your Oba in Ondo and carried him away? 5 villages ran helta skelta, Lmao!

it was not 6 but ask Ezeuche, he knows what i'm talking about. read the previous posts on this thread, u'll find out. at least they return the ondo oba becos they got scared. what abt the ibo oba that was kidnapped and never returned?
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by Chyz2: 12:27am On Jul 31, 2011
lagcity:

^^^^^
http://allafrica.com/stories/200003140141.html

Lagos — As tension continues to mount in Seme Border following a bloody clash over the weekend between Yorubas and Hausas in the area, Igbos whose properties have been ravaged in the clash have migrated to their home towns.

The Ibos who mainly sell beer at the border got their shops burnt down completely by the rampaging Hausas, who set fire to a Yoruba woman's shop which eventually spread to the Ibo area. Narrating his experience to P.M.News at the border, David Nnakwe the Head of Igbo community in the area said his people had always suffered during clashes between Yorubas and Hausas in the area. He pleaded that the government should find a lasting solution to the problem since the Igbos would have no other option than to retaliate if pushed to the wall. "We have been injured enough," he complained.

So because yorubas and hausas were killing themselves we should get in the way? Lol.

And I guess you were not in Lagos that year, non-lagosian yorubas who got there property/shops burned went back to their hometowns as well. Still trying to figure out where they were going to stay after their homes were burned as well.

Don't be elementary. wink
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by aljharem(m): 12:27am On Jul 31, 2011
can you people give it a rest
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by lagcity(m): 12:28am On Jul 31, 2011
June 12, a disaster for Ndigbo–Alaefule
By ENYERIBE EJIOGU
Sunday, June 12, 2011

•Alaefule
• Photo: Sun Publishing
More Stories on This Section

Sixteen years ago the government of former military president, General Ibrahim Babangida annulled the June 12 Election of 1993, which was won by late Bashorun Moshood K. O. Abiola, in the country’s first free and fair polls. That decision set off crisis that forced Igbo people in Lagos to flee en masse to the South East as the Yoruba people embarked reprisal attacks against them in a manner that brought the country close to civil war.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/powergame/2011/june/12/powergame-june-12-2011-003.html
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by Chyz2: 12:31am On Jul 31, 2011
lagcity:

it was not 6 but ask Ezeuche, he knows what i'm talking about. read the previous posts on this thread, u'll find out. at least they return the ondo oba becos they got scared. what abt the ibo oba that was kidnapped and never returned?

The dude is no longer an oba anymore. who will respect him? lol. Scared, ke? Lol. Even in the article it self,apart from the headline, it never say he was returned. If he was then it was something that occured unreported to the public. wink
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by lagcity(m): 12:33am On Jul 31, 2011
Chyz*:

So because yorubas and hausas were killing themselves we should get in the way? Lol.

And I guess you were not in Lagos that year, non-lagosian yorubas who got there property/shops burned went back to their hometowns as well. Still trying to figure out where they were going to stay after their homes were burned as well.

Don't be elementary. wink

i smell cowardice. they ran like cockroaches. for heavens sake if u cant defend your livelyhood that your family depends on, what can you defend? b4 u know it, them go dey shout say na dem get lagos. why abandon your sweat and hardwork?
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by Chyz2: 12:33am On Jul 31, 2011
lagcity:

June 12, a disaster for Ndigbo–Alaefule
By ENYERIBE EJIOGU
Sunday, June 12, 2011

•Alaefule
• Photo: Sun Publishing
More Stories on This Section

Sixteen years ago the government of former military president, General Ibrahim Babangida annulled the June 12 Election of 1993, which was won by late Bashorun Moshood K. O. Abiola, in the country’s first free and fair polls. That decision set off crisis that forced Igbo people in Lagos to flee en masse to the South East as the Yoruba people embarked reprisal attacks against them in a manner that brought the country close to civil war.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/powergame/2011/june/12/powergame-june-12-2011-003.html

It would be a shame to find out that you actually bookmark these things. Lol.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by lagcity(m): 12:36am On Jul 31, 2011
Chyz*:

The dude is no longer an oba anymore. who will respect him? lol. Scared, ke? Lol. Even in the article it self,apart from the headline, it never say he was returned. If he was then it was something that occured unreported to the public. wink

hah ha cheesy who deposed him? the kidnappers? stop denying your king.
Chyz*:

It would be a shame to find out that you actually bookmark these things. Lol.

nah mehn. all i had to do is copy and paste from the site. i'll do anything to expose your ibo nyash wink wink
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by jason123: 3:11am On Jul 31, 2011
You guys actually brought this back up Well . . . . undecided
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by Rgp92: 10:16am On Jul 31, 2011
Igbos are the real coward, always running home when the real fight starts cheesy cheesy
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by Musiwa52: 2:37am On Jun 19, 2012
hmm
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by teebam2010: 3:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
Hello people...
What does the name Oritseneye mean?
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by ijawcitizen(m): 7:15pm On Jan 28, 2013
WHAT ARE THESE ITSEKIRI PEOPLE EVEN THINKING.....IS THERE SOMETHING LIKE WARRI KINGDOM?......I'VE NEVER HEARD OF IT, NOT EVEN IN COLONIAL RECORDS......MAYBE IT A NEW INVENTION.......THESE PEOPLE THAT ESCAPED DEATH FROM THE HANDS OF THE DREADED OBA OF BENIN (NOT IJAW BEST OF FRIENDS) AND BECAME REFUGEES IN OUR LAND ARE NOW CLAIMING A WARRI KINGDOM?.....WHY I'M I NOT SURPRISED B'COS EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM IS EITHER CUNNING OR LIES......THEY NOW CLAIM IN THEIR HISTORY THAT IT WAS THE OBA OF BENIN THAT SENT THE BANISHED PRINCE GINUWA TO ESTABLISH A KINGDOM IN THE COAST. SHAMEFUL LIARS....UR DAYS ARE NUMBERED IN IJAW LAND.
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by ibide(m): 8:59pm On Jan 28, 2013
The itsekiri are not good people . I want their down fall very soon we shall have our own republic
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by ijawcitizen(m): 8:49am On Jan 29, 2013
WE WOULD JUST DRIVE THEM BACK TO BENIN WHERE THEY WERE IN DEATH ROW,........ BUT SURPRISINGLY, THE BINI (FBI) WHO HAD THEM IN DEATH ROW NOW GO TO BED WITH THEM OVER IJAWLAND
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by goodmike7: 10:53am On Jan 29, 2013
ijaw citizen: WE WOULD JUST DRIVE THEM BACK TO BENIN WHERE THEY WERE IN DEATH ROW,........ BUT SURPRISINGLY, THE BINI (FBI) WHO HAD THEM IN DEATH ROW NOW GO TO BED WITH THEM OVER IJAWLAND

Shut up your mouth there. Asawana goat
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by ChiefX: 11:44am On Mar 30, 2013
Proud to be a Bini boy! No tention, no shaking!
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by MahatmaGhandi: 12:35pm On Mar 30, 2013
i read so many uniformed utterances on this thread, the version we have all read is obviously the itsekiri perspective, they the itsekiris may be small but are very intellectual and always use that to their advantage, also they whip up the big tribe trying to oppress the small tribe sentiment, but if you have lived in warri before you wont take any stories based on face value, i dont have the complete details right now, but i know this goes way beyond what has been posted. the poster is just using the general dissatisfaction of the nigerian people with the ijaw man in power to put the ijaws in bad light,well their recent activities since their new found political prominence has not helped matters though, i see this as propaganda though, once upon a time the urhobos, the ijaws and itsekiris once lived in harmony, now enter the coming of the colonialists one of these tribes had first contact with them while the others ran away,this created a lopsided relationship favoring the party that stayed and had interaction with the colonialists, if you are interested in history go find out what happened to the tittle nana of itsekiri, also how the title olu of warri came about, the nigerian problem is really huge and will be hard to figure, problems like this occur all over the country e.g there is one hausa community in bayelsa or rivers cant really tell which now that was set up by the courts, because the hausas went to court and said they are being chased from their land and they know no other place to call home, tomorrow there may be up rising to chase those people away and they will insist it is their home and we will have another crises in our hand, the bakassi wahala is in another corner. i do not take sides with any of the parties i just dont fancy a situation where people make judgements based on stories from one party.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by Jbossrymes(m): 3:32pm On Nov 18, 2014
MahatmaGhandi:
i read so many uniformed utterances on this thread, the version we have all read is obviously the itsekiri perspective, they the itsekiris may be small but are very intellectual and always use that to their advantage, also they whip up the big tribe trying to oppress the small tribe sentiment, but if you have lived in warri before you wont take any stories based on face value, i dont have the complete details right now, but i know this goes way beyond what has been posted. the poster is just using the general dissatisfaction of the nigerian people with the ijaw man in power to put the ijaws in bad light,well their recent activities since their new found political prominence has not helped matters though, i see this as propaganda though, once upon a time the urhobos, the ijaws and itsekiris once lived in harmony, now enter the coming of the colonialists one of these tribes had first contact with them while the others ran away,this created a lopsided relationship favoring the party that stayed and had interaction with the colonialists, if you are interested in history go find out what happened to the tittle nana of itsekiri, also how the title olu of warri came about, the nigerian problem is really huge and will be hard to figure, problems like this occur all over the country e.g there is one hausa community in bayelsa or rivers cant really tell which now that was set up by the courts, because the hausas went to court and said they are being chased from their land and they know no other place to call home, tomorrow there may be up rising to chase those people away and they will insist it is their home and we will have another crises in our hand, the bakassi wahala is in another corner. i do not take sides with any of the parties i just dont fancy a situation where people make judgements based on stories from one party.
MahatmaGhandi:
MahatmaGhandi:
Re: Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again by Rotimi47: 5:34pm On May 02, 2015
Chyz2:

You are an eediot for this write up. It is clear that you know nothing about delta state or its history,smh. Warri does not belong in anyway to the itsekiri. In fact, the Ijaw gave then the land that they occupy now to live. This can be confirmed by the Urhobo and Isoko as well. They know the history as well even though they werent involved in the action. They were there. Oduduwa rep? Lol. Funny. The day nigeria is breaking up Asari Dokubo, Tompolo, and Boyloaf go show you Oduduwa people hellfire if you dare try interfere in anything involving warri. It's best you hands-off for your own good.

We are waiting for you weaklings as we dealt with you in Lagos, we dealt with you in on do state and our cousin the itsekiris dealt with you in warri. We will deal with you more this time around from Lagos to ondo to bayelsa and from on do to Edo to warri to bayelsa big mouth people with no sense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senator Chris Anyanwu Disgraced Today At 'oru Owerri' / No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode / Presidential Poll Results Fraught With 513,214 Lapses, Say Csos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.