Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,950 members, 7,848,856 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:10 AM

Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election (40258 Views)

Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful / Obasanjo: I Have Seen Three Olu Of Warri, I Don’t Want To See Fourth Coronation / Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by MightyHand(m): 6:43am On Jun 26, 2022
Voting Atiku will be Nigerian Greatest Deliberate mistake, and God will just shot the window of heaven patapata over Nigerian..

And marathon of suffering will start

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by harmargedon: 6:45am On Jun 26, 2022
The problem of Nigeria started with you sir, so don't play the blame game.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by rotile247(m): 6:46am On Jun 26, 2022
datola:
It will be Nigeri's greatest mistake if Atiku is elected as next president.

His own Fulani agenda will be worse than the present. And corruption will be institutionalized.

Atiku is too greedy and inconsiderate. How can you be scheming for another 8 years Northern misrule.

Very insensitive, after all money can buy anything including the South as evidenced in the PDP primary

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by coputa(m): 6:48am On Jun 26, 2022
bluefilm:
Atikulooter showed obasanjo shege.
So obasanjo cannot forgive.
The yorubas does'nt.
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by Banhammy717: 6:50am On Jun 26, 2022
judithjam:
Atiku can never be president,but I thought obasanjo forgave him
Forgive, but not forget

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by GardenOfGod(m): 6:53am On Jun 26, 2022
DominusPrime:
Which one of you is not a mistake? You that could not fix power after spending billions on it...or have we forgotten your 3rd term agenda where you were sharing ghana must go openly in the Senate?

Apc and pdp and all those who have decamped from them are terrible mistakes which we are stuck with till today...
You have said it all. Obj now speaking frn the angle of saints. He is also a mistake that made Nigeria this way... All of them are the same.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by maasoap(m): 6:54am On Jun 26, 2022
Hypocrite ruled when he was 39, came back 20 years later when he was 59. But now blaming others for not giving the youth chance. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by NigerianAngelo(m): 7:03am On Jun 26, 2022
"American Ambassador told me they will arrest me and America was ready to provide asylum."

Nothing wey America no know.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by kayperry: 7:07am On Jun 26, 2022
judithjam:

You are going to forgive somebody is definitely not some you wrote a novel about grin
things are so bad for atiku such that, his campaign is not even a topic online/social media, even when he was a rave online 2019 he no win how much more now
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by stabilizer: 7:08am On Jun 26, 2022
Whatever mistake you made can not amount to, the mistake made by who counted the votes in your favor.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by chatinent: 7:14am On Jun 26, 2022
Athieveku is very notorious for theft, yes! Btw, Obasanjo speaking like he was a saint so disgusting abeg.
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by amazingspiderma: 7:25am On Jun 26, 2022
We have heard.
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 26, 2022
Juanmike:
Thats jumping from frying pan to fire.
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by Invest4growth: 7:33am On Jun 26, 2022
Why is Obj demarketing Atiku needlessly. Was it only in choosing Number 2 he made mistakes in the past? What of in choosing mother's of his children, beating of his wives and judges, siting of national and personal projects, various land grabbings across the country he committed, the short changing of Ogun State in projects during his leadership, the foistimg of an old king on the Owu people who later died. The list is endless. We are in the process of an election. There should be no negative vibes from somebody like him on any candidate. Though Atiku has done well to ignore him. He cannot be double speaking and demarketing candidates. All Obj acquired, was it from his legitimate incomes

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by Jmichael1(m): 7:33am On Jun 26, 2022
Baba still dey para 4 atiku ooh....
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by Tundex911: 7:35am On Jun 26, 2022
Granny you fuvked up big time, but this talk no dey work lately...

Smh

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by babkazy: 7:41am On Jun 26, 2022
Daguga:

The Baba is very daft, he is meant to be regretting that he did not fix the nation when he had the chance to. They are all part of Nigeria's problems including the bros in Aso Rock.
Baba tried his best , the only but in his government was the third term saga

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by McLizbae: 7:43am On Jun 26, 2022
judithjam:

He didn't say other wise here too. You can forgive, but Sometimes it's impossible to forget the lesson learnt.
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by HIPROFILE(m): 7:43am On Jun 26, 2022
judithjam:

Yes one can forgive but forgetting is never possible.

Not restricted to Obasanjo but every human being.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by Timfreds(m): 7:44am On Jun 26, 2022
Parachoko:
Most of you guys just love saying rubbish. If you are ask for evidence Obasanjo choose Atiku because of Northern votes now, you won't be able to back up your claim with facts.

Obasanjo choose Atiku as his vice President after he won the presidential election. Atiku contested to become the Governor of Adamawa and he won the election.
So what point have you just made now, different from the person you are attacking?
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by MissLeslie(m): 7:46am On Jun 26, 2022
To correct the notion that Atiku was part of Obasanjo victory in 1999 No. Atiku won Adamawa Governorship Election and Obasanjo won Presidential but the running mate to Obj died before the inauguration Obj just need someone to fill the gap of VP, the same scenario of Jonathan and Sambo when Ya'adua die.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by McLizbae: 7:46am On Jun 26, 2022
NigerianAngelo:
"American Ambassador told me they will arrest me and America was ready to provide asylum."

Nothing wey America no know.

I tell you comrade!
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by Parachoko: 7:49am On Jun 26, 2022
Timfreds:

So what point have you just made now, different from the person you are attacking?
Are you sure you are not quoting the wrong person? Because I made it clear in my post Obasanjo didn't choose Atiku before the election took place, he only choose Atiku after he won the election.

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by awoluyi(m): 7:50am On Jun 26, 2022
Nigeria as a whole is a mistake, ruled and ruined by people mistakingly selected by citizens that constantly make mistakes.
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 26, 2022
GardenOfGod:

You have said it all. Obj now speaking frn the angle of saints. He is also a mistake that made Nigeria this way... All of them are the same.

I tell you sir
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by tobore4u(m): 7:56am On Jun 26, 2022
Nazgul:
So technically, Obsanjo is advising us against voting for Atiku. Anyways I'm Obedient all the way.
good morning.

mind helping me
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by favor914: 7:56am On Jun 26, 2022
thesicilian:
You didn't make any mistake, you chose the person you thought was most likely to give you the most northern votes for you to win. You made a mathematical calculation without giving any thoughts for morality or integrity. It's what you all do when you are desperate to win an election.
Obasanjo should shut up, who was he in pdp in1999, where was he when the party was conceived & put together?

He was brought out of prison, if not for Atiku’s bloc (Late General Yaradua political machinery) in pdp that supported him, Ekwueme would have won the pdp convention, today the Useless man is talking as if he was the king maker.

Making Obasanjo President in 1999, was also one of the biggest mistakes Nigeria made.

Very selfish element, both as a young Military man, & an old washed out politician.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by Advancedman(m): 8:02am On Jun 26, 2022
judithjam:

Forgiveness is not forgetfulness and lessons learned sticks with constant reminder to forewarned self and others.
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by chukwuibuipob: 8:03am On Jun 26, 2022
sad
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by chukwuibuipob: 8:03am On Jun 26, 2022
cool
wink
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by Bluntemperor: 8:03am On Jun 26, 2022
judithjam:

He forgave him but Baba Owu cannot forget because scar has impact on the flesh, unlike the original! Always be aware there is enemies within!
A Question for this great Forum:
Since Baba Olusegun Obasanjo knew so much was stolen by the VP and even stated it in his 'My Watch' why couldn't he sacked him then?
Was there a Constitutional limitations place on him because most Governor do treat their Deputy with levity?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Should Be Proud Of 2023 Presidential Election — Catriona Laing / Wike Spent ₦30 Billion On Delegates - Peterside / Peter Obi Reacts To Anthony Blinken's Call To Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.