Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,289 members, 7,860,680 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:15 PM

Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election (40270 Views)

Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful / Obasanjo: I Have Seen Three Olu Of Warri, I Don’t Want To See Fourth Coronation / Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by olatuns2017: 10:12am On Jun 26, 2022
Fareke:

https://www.nairaland.com/7197066/made-mistake-president-when-picking#114161652

The next GCFR

Know this and have peace

Tomorrow is Monday in South East

NOTE:
In SW we will show una our own MONDAYs during elections

If you gerrit ... Gerrit

Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by garfield1: 10:30am On Jun 26, 2022
LagBlogger:

Ok. Go on contest election against him in Yola or Gombe, then let us see how you will fare.

Has he ever won gombe
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by LagBlogger(m): 10:41am On Jun 26, 2022
garfield1:

Has he ever won gombe

Go on contest first, then we shall know.
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by garfield1: 10:43am On Jun 26, 2022
LagBlogger:

Go on contest first, then we shall know.

Buhari did in 2019 and destroyed him
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by effido666: 10:43am On Jun 26, 2022
Daguga:

The Baba is very daft, he is meant to be regretting that he did not fix the nation when he had the chance to. They are all part of Nigeria's problems including the bros in Aso Rock.
pls don't exclude IBB

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by Uchedizzy(f): 11:21am On Jun 26, 2022
Baba rest abeg
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by Gratitudes081(m): 11:26am On Jun 26, 2022
Parachoko:
Most of you guys just love saying rubbish. If you are ask for evidence Obasanjo choose Atiku because of Northern votes now, you won't be able to back up your claim with facts.

Obasanjo choose Atiku as his vice President after he won the presidential election. Atiku contested to become the Governor of Adamawa and he won the election.

My brother, you are actually wrong.

Obasanjo picked Atiku as running mate before the 1999 presidential election and they both ran on the ticket.
The Presidential election was held in February 1999 and they ran and won on the same ticket.

However, Atiku had already won the Governorship election of Adamawa state.
The Governorship elections were held in Nigeria by January 1999, ( a month before the presidential election).

Atiku resigned as the Governor-elect and joined Obasanjo on the ticket.

Bonie Haruna who was Atiku's Deputy Governor-elect was later sworn in as Governor in May 1999 following Atiku's resignation.

I hope its clear now sir

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by Gratitudes081(m): 11:29am On Jun 26, 2022
MissLeslie:
To correct the notion that Atiku was part of Obasanjo victory in 1999 No. Atiku won Adamawa Governorship Election and Obasanjo won Presidential but the running mate to Obj died before the inauguration Obj just need someone to fill the gap of VP, the same scenario of Jonathan and Sambo when Ya'adua die.

What is the name of the running mate of Obasanjo that died?

Presidential election was held February 1999 while Governorship elections were held a month before, January.

Atiku already won Governorship elections of Adamawa state.

He resigned after Obasanjo nominated him to join him on his ticket.

They both ran and won the presidential election.

No running mate died sir.
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by Gratitudes081(m): 11:34am On Jun 26, 2022
Jack500:

Mr man, use your brain.
They are different, the first guy said Atiku gave OBJ votes, the guy you quoted said 'no' because ObJ has won the election already, without ATiku being his running mate, the originals running mate died, ATiku is just beneficiary.

Atiku wasn't a beneficiary sir but a main force on that ticket.

I don't know where you all get your information from that an imaginary running mate died.

What's the name of the running mate if truly he died?

Atiku having won Adamawa Governorship election resigned after Obasanjo nominated him to be his running mate.

They both ran on the same ticket
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by tonididdy(m): 11:41am On Jun 26, 2022
judithjam:
Atiku can never be president,but I thought obasanjo forgave him
Did he mention nam3s ?
That he forgave him doesn't mean he can't talk about it undecided
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by swissgoldenpro2: 11:46am On Jun 26, 2022
Baba don start again
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by Mars16(m): 12:12pm On Jun 26, 2022
drtwist:
The same reason Atiku is scared of Wike, He knows how he tormented your government himself because of power greed
The fear of his ways is what Atiku is scared of, he can never be president.
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by ceejay80s(m): 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2022
Parachoko:
Most of you guys just love saying rubbish. If you are ask for evidence Obasanjo choose Atiku because of Northern votes now, you won't be able to back up your claim with facts.

Obasanjo choose Atiku as his vice President after he won the presidential election. Atiku contested to become the Governor of Adamawa and he won the election.
if what u say is true, why then must one choose a vice now before campaign, can't Atiku or tinubu wait till they win before they choose their vice
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by grandstar(m): 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2022
When you can't predict the future, it's best you keep your mouth shut.

Last time, he belatedly supported Atiku seeing him as the better of 2 evils.

He is probably saying this now as he might be rooting quietly for one of the presidential candidates today
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by Sleekfingers: 12:46pm On Jun 26, 2022
judithjam:

Obi no dey forgive.....
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by nkem1992: 12:51pm On Jun 26, 2022
Throwback:
Imagine that.

So why did he join the Atikulators holding their breath for Atiku to cum in 2019, knowing that he was a mistake?

Now in 2022, he has again remembered Atiku is the same mistake?

Atiku was born a Cameroonian, as such he was never eligible to be in the Nigerian Presidency, even if he might have risen to top management of Nigerian Customs.

Sadly the same uninformed mob who were atikulating a mistake in 2019, are now obidiently parading a pathological liar who graduated 3rd class in philosophy, only for his economic lies to be roundly disgraced by the Economics professor that is now in charge in Anambra.

I laugh in anonymous supporter.
He was at that juncture a lesser evil compared to Buhari.
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by samunaka: 12:53pm On Jun 26, 2022
Fareke:

Baba you also made a mistake of picking your No 1 in 2017

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by tabaralph: 1:17pm On Jun 26, 2022
judithjam:

Obasanjo forgave him but he can never forget the experience
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by Lacash: 1:29pm On Jun 26, 2022
Fareke:

With due respect, you are also a mistake of the highest order sir. You had the power to change so many things during ur regime, buh you f**cked it up sir. So before you start pointing a finger, make sure urs is not filthy. Mtcheeew sad

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by engrchykae(m): 1:48pm On Jun 26, 2022
Fareke:

and when abacha really got ready to kill you, your American friends killed abacha by handshake with radioactive material.
Abacha knew you are an American agent claiming patriot.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by ayokunl: 1:59pm On Jun 26, 2022

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 26, 2022
judithjam:
God gives , God takes ! Our own is just to pray !!!! grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by Wwwq: 4:32pm On Jun 26, 2022
grin
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by harmony75: 5:04pm On Jun 26, 2022
Baba is reminds you please don't make mistake I made, pick good vices!
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by Miracle2020: 5:50pm On Jun 26, 2022
judithjam:
sorry! Atiku is your next president. Deal with it!!!
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by Lugianostar(m): 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2022
Gullible leaders that should be in assyllum for killing this country?

Hide your faces shameful recycled thieves?
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by kriss27(m): 10:25pm On Jun 26, 2022
BJanta:

With a third class degree in Philosophy the cheapest course in the university, and with a mouth cursed to do nothing, but lie?
Who told you Philosophy is the cheapest course in the university?If occupying a high political post is by degree grade, then he should not have been a governor!
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by Boyooosa(m): 5:34am On Jun 27, 2022
judithjam:

An obj will always prefer a Yoruba man to an Hausa man...regardless of the affiliation or interest.
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by Elbinawi: 6:42am On Jun 27, 2022
Picking ‘@Atiku’ As My Running Mate In 1999 Presidency Was A Mistake – Ex-President Obasanjo Declares, Subtly Rejects PDP Candidate For 2023 | Sahara Reporters

Me:

Former President Obasanjo gross with his Vice President Atiku Abubakar is not about corruption. Yes, Atiku is extremely corrupt but so also Obasanjo.

Obasanjo eternal hatred of Atiku is because Atiku led the defeat of his Third term agenda. Obasanjo bribed 200+ Nigerian Lawmakers with N50 million each cash to change the construction to allow him go for Third term but he lost that bid.

Obasanjo should be grateful to Atiku that he supported him for second term despite his failure to perform in his first term.

Obasanjo's present saintly behavior contradicts the reliable text of history. The Obasanjo's regime was extremely corrupt. I met a young Lady in Abuja who was given huge contract in the power sector by that regime. She collected hundreds of millions of Naira without even visiting the site. He asset was that her father was a childhood friend of Obasanjo.

When Obasanjo left prison in 1998 after the death of Gen. Abacha to contest the Presidential Election that he won, he was financially broke but when he left power in 2007 he was among the richest men in Nigeria. It was the Obasanjo regime that established the tradition of giving huge contracts and paying the money without the Contractor even visiting the site. In the power sector alone, the Obasanjo regime 'spent' more than $20bn. More than 70% of this huge funds was stolen.

#ElbinawiTweets
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by BJanta: 11:11am On Jun 27, 2022
kriss27:

Who told you Philosophy is the cheapest course in the university?If occupying a high political post is by degreates or undergraduatee grade, then he should not have been a governor!

Definitely you have not been to the university, if you had, you would not be contesting this.Go and ask those who are graduates,or undergraduate students, they'll tell you.Then a third class degree in in any course is totally useless. You can't even use it to secure a teaching job in the public schools. Also claiming that they use it to secure political posts present you as a stark illiterate.What's a political post ? You Ibos just like to make false claims in total ignorance and delusions.
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by kriss27(m): 2:09pm On Jun 27, 2022
BJanta:

Definitely you have not been to the university, if you had, you would not be contesting this.Go and ask those who are graduates,or undergraduate students, they'll tell you.Then a third class degree in in any course is totally useless. You can't even use it to secure a teaching job in the public schools. Also claiming that they use it to secure political posts present you as a stark illiterate.What's a political post ? You Ibos just like to make false claims in total ignorance and delusions.

You are the stark illiterate here ,that lacks cognitive reasoning because of your hate for Ibos! Can you even show me the evidence that he came out with third class ? With your asserted third class, he has worked in numerous big organizations before becoming the governor of Anambra state where he left a remarkable record! Your BAT can't provide any of his certificate, yet he claimed to have gone to Chicago university.

If you have sense, being a third class graduate can't stop you from being elected as a president as long as you are competent

If atall he graduated with a third class. It can't stop him from succeeding!
You that graduated with a better result, what have you achieved? That you are dissing a former governor with a track record

It's your irk that is rooting for BAT despite what APC is putting us through
Tribalism has clouded your sense of reasoning
Re: Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election by Richardxxx: 5:56pm On Jun 27, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Raises Alarm On Plot To Pass No Confidence Vote On Him / Parts Of Anambra Buried In Flood Water As Communities Cry For Help (Pictures) / How Sex Fuels Boko Haram Insurgency By Yusuf Abubakar Mahmud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.