Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,605 members, 7,955,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:06 PM

Being In Love With My Best Friend (infatuation Or Love). - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Being In Love With My Best Friend (infatuation Or Love). (3977 Views)

Love And Infatuation? / Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) / What Is The Difference Between Love And Infatuation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being In Love With My Best Friend (infatuation Or Love). by phemi3: 3:35pm On Jul 24, 2011
I'm writing this with so much weight on my mind; and I would so much appreciate, if Nairalanders could take what I'm about to say seriously, because the person involved might get to read about your comment as well (please).

I'm a guy in my late 20's and I ve a girlfriend (not lovers), who happens to be my best friend for more than a decade now. We talked and shared a lot of things together. We talked virtually everything; even with each other relationships. We ve been like this 4 sometime, until last year when friends & family starts tellin us how both of us would make a perfect couple (because of the events n pics we took together). To complicate what is @ hand; is that we both ve a distanced relationship; where we get to see more of each other than we see our respective lovers.

One unfaithful day, something led to another and We kissed each other. To be frank, it's the best kissed I've ever had! Since the first kiss; I've been thinking of her more than I usually do (same with her). We continued kissing anytime we were alone. D problem now is that, when I eventually asked her that 'I want our relationship to be more intimate'. She responded by tellin me that it's late and that she can't leave her BF for me. We still kiss (notin more). I tink, we love each other but I think she's more concern about the family & friends gossips; which is most times negative!

Now, I'm @ a crossroad, whether to keep on trying or stay away from her 4 sometime? Because now, I dont even know if it is love/infatuation.

Please before you comment; try to read the first paragraph. Thanks for taking you time to read.

1 Like

Re: Being In Love With My Best Friend (infatuation Or Love). by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 3:50pm On Jul 24, 2011
Alright.that sounds somehow.i understand the condition you are into and i know many of us young people get ourselves locked up into this kind of issue when we are too intimate with an opposite sex member.just be carefull please.i cant really say if it is love or infatuation.but maybe both of you should give that relationship a friendship definition now.
Re: Being In Love With My Best Friend (infatuation Or Love). by Ekpoma1: 3:59pm On Jul 24, 2011
It is infatuation. It seems the only tin u are interested in, is to get in between her legs. So the thing u guyz do all day was 2 kiss kiss kiss and kiss. Dat one na infatuation jor. After u get wetin u dey look 4 your eyes go open.

Re: Being In Love With My Best Friend (infatuation Or Love). by phemi3: 4:01pm On Jul 24, 2011
AYODEJI4LOVE:

Alright.that sounds somehow.i understand the condition you are into and i know many of us young people get ourselves locked up into this kind of issue when we are too intimate with an opposite sex member.just be carefull please.i cant really say if it is love or infatuation.but maybe both of you should give that relationship a friendship definition now.
  Thanks; it's just dat, d taut of her is really eating up! I really love her now, n I don't want to hurt her but to d detriment of her hurtin me! anyway, thanks!
Re: Being In Love With My Best Friend (infatuation Or Love). by phemi3: 4:11pm On Jul 24, 2011
@Ekpoma, anyway thanks, u talk as if u had been in dis type of suituation B4. I ve don all d mathematics myself but, I still cant relay it to what u've just said!
Re: Being In Love With My Best Friend (infatuation Or Love). by kpolli(m): 4:26pm On Jul 25, 2011
Ekpoma1:

It is infatuation. It seems the only tin u are interested in, is to get in between her legs. So the thing u guyz do all day was 2 kiss kiss kiss and kiss. Dat one na infatuation jor. After u get wetin u dey look 4 your eyes go open.

I strongly disagree wiv u, it mite just be love
Re: Being In Love With My Best Friend (infatuation Or Love). by i1: 5:10pm On Jul 25, 2011
forget love, guy this one na correct infatuation, next time she comes over call her bluff and demand the full intimacy or not, you cannot be her toy, she dey chop ur mouth, they enjoy ur company, they feel u pass her byf, and then she says, i cannot leave my byf. either she gives you ur due or you guys shuld avoid each other until ur desires ave cooled off.
Re: Being In Love With My Best Friend (infatuation Or Love). by phemi3: 6:22pm On Jul 25, 2011
kpolli:

I strongly disagree wiv u, it mite just be love
Thanks, It's just dat now; I don't know d line btw infatuation/love. because d girl in question happens to be my best friend n I can't stand to see her cryin: D point is I don't want us to start what we can't finish!
i.:

forget love, guy this one na correct infatuation, next time she comes over call her bluff and demand the full intimacy or not, you cannot be her toy, she dey chop your mouth, they enjoy your company, they feel u pass her byf, and then she says, i cannot leave my byf. either she gives you your due or you guys shuld avoid each other until your desires ave cooled off.
It seems; u dont get what I'm into! I just can't stand to see her hurt. It really more complicated than it looks.
Re: Being In Love With My Best Friend (infatuation Or Love). by Mynd44: 6:30pm On Jul 25, 2011
Adult infatuation at its finest. Guy just take sometime to cool off befor you ruin your friendship
Re: Being In Love With My Best Friend (infatuation Or Love). by Pweety4me(f): 6:31pm On Jul 25, 2011
phemi3:

I can't stand to see her cryin: D point is I don't want us to start what we can't finish! It seems; u dont get what I'm into! I just can't stand to see her hurt. It really more complicated than it looks.

^^^Eyahhh undecided

@OP no be 2DAY!! we go dey hear am. . .you guys are very intimate(close) in many ways, known eachother for over a decade?i mean yu sef try it's just 1 of them 1's . . .however if yu say yu 'love' her like you do & she is your 'best-friend' then you should respect her relationship!

It's bound to happen @ some point, when people are so close over a period of time some1 is gonna feel or want something more than the ordinary.

I don't usually say this BUT. . .y don't u allow God into your Life?give it a try & u will never go back smiley
[quote][/quote]
Re: Being In Love With My Best Friend (infatuation Or Love). by phemi3: 7:45am On Jul 26, 2011
Pweety4me:

^^^Eyahhh undecided

@OP no be 2DAY!! we go dey hear am. . .you guys are very intimate(close) in many ways, known eachother for over a decade?i mean yu sef try it's just 1 of them 1's . . .however if yu say yu 'love' her like you do & she is your 'best-friend' then you should respect her relationship!

It's bound to happen @ some point, when people are so close over a period of time some1 is gonna feel or want something more than the ordinary.

I don't usually say this BUT. . .y don't u allow God into your Life?give it a try & u will never go back smiley

I know, u re talking from a females perspective. Anyway, thanks! Your comment is highly noted.
Re: Being In Love With My Best Friend (infatuation Or Love). by dazzle37(f): 10:35am On Jul 26, 2011
Try as much as you can to control your feelings for her, i know it may be hard but if you don't check it now, you guys will end up losing everything including the friendship. Forget about the kissing and intimacy and just concentrate on being the best friends you have always been, you will appreciate each other better that way.
Re: Being In Love With My Best Friend (infatuation Or Love). by Helson: 10:38am On Jul 26, 2011
Well, first of all, I'll call you brother because I feel you.
It is an utmost fact that she loves you, take or leave it but the topic is you. You don't know if it's love or not yet you can't seem to let go of every thought of her. One thing, I MEAN JUST ONE THING I'll tell you to do is   Tell her how much you feel for her and tell her you won't bother her again with that issue but she should think of it and you await her reply anytime likes to and also you stop whatsoever intimacy you used to have with her.
Create time for yourself and sort your self out, think in and out the real reason for your feelings for her for all it may be, your thinking and feelings might just be dwindled by the first kiss of her luscious lips.
Know this that there is an invisible line between LOVE, LUST and INFATUATION.
Hallo @ me anytime for support, help and tips @ helson@sify.com
Take care of yourself for your loved ones dude.
Re: Being In Love With My Best Friend (infatuation Or Love). by phemi3: 11:40am On Jul 26, 2011
dazzle37:

Try as much as you can to control your feelings for her, i know it may be hard but if you don't check it now, you guys will end up losing everything including the friendship. Forget about the kissing and intimacy and just concentrate on being the best friends you have always been, you will appreciate each other better that way.
Thanks! I know by now, anywhere she is; she will be going thru ur views as well. Ur comment bought, so much of scare into me ' u guyz will end up losing everything including the friendship'. What a bitter pill to swallow. Thanks
Helson:

Well, first of all, I'll call you brother because I feel you.
It is an utmost fact that she loves you, take or leave it but the topic is you. You don't know if it's love or not yet you can't seem to let go of every thought of her. One thing, I MEAN JUST ONE THING I'll tell you to do is   Tell her how much you feel for her and tell her you won't bother her again with that issue but she should think of it and you await her reply anytime likes to and also you stop whatsoever intimacy you used to have with her.
Create time for yourself and sort your self out, think in and out the real reason for your feelings for her for all it may be, your thinking and feelings might just be dwindled by the first kiss of her luscious lips.
Know this that there is an invisible line between LOVE, LUST and INFATUATION.
Hallo @ me anytime for support, help and tips @ helson@sify.com
Take care of yourself for your loved ones dude.

Thanks, U re a darling! I will definately, get back @ you on ur e-mail. Message well delivered.
Re: Being In Love With My Best Friend (infatuation Or Love). by reap40: 7:41am On Jul 29, 2011
Nice post! With all ur post & comment; I really know u guyz are in love with each oda. I've seen best friends gettin married n their marraige being blisful! All said n done; u pple shuld just take it slow n hopefully tins wud turn out fine. Just note dat being in a relationship is different from being in friendship with someone. Like someone just said; ' redefine ur friendship' so dat u wont get 2 lose everytin within a twinkle of an eye. My eyes is on dis thread! Lol, grin
Re: Being In Love With My Best Friend (infatuation Or Love). by LongOne1(m): 8:38am On Jul 29, 2011
It might be love, most of the marriages I know that really lasted started off as a friendship.

I think you'll need to have a heart to heart talk with her to see if she shares your feelings. Take her far away from her usual surroundings before you broach the topic.

Be careful though, women like to eat their cake and have it, so she might be using you to fill the holes her boyfriend does not fill i.e. romance
Re: Being In Love With My Best Friend (infatuation Or Love). by Opeyemi0123(f): 8:53am On Jul 29, 2011
According to ur passage, u said u feel to care 4 her and vice versa but she was afraid od d gossip of friends, to u she loves but, i dnt think she does because if she really loves u she woun't listen to what oda ppl are saying abt ur relationship, similarly it happened to me,
I know how u feel, sori bro!
Re: Being In Love With My Best Friend (infatuation Or Love). by UncleJJ(m): 9:40am On Jul 29, 2011
Love is like music. Its when you find that special song, you enjoy so much, you have to play it again and again and again. You can turn of the radio but that same tune will continue to ring in your head - where ever you go.

Change is the only constant in life.

Your relationship has a very strong background, your families accept and hope one day your union will be that of husband and wife.

You kiss all the time, you think of her as she does you. This is not infatuation, infatuation infects one party only- not "the pair".

However, infatuation is the birth of love - if harnessed and followed - it evolves into LOVE. I sense, you two are passed infatuation - long time ago.

My dear man - you are at the height of change, you must be a man and grab destiny by the knee's, swinging it, in  the direction you desire.

She is a woman, and therefore needs a man to take charge and lead. This, you must do or else, YOU will lose this graceful being.

You need to make it CLEAR! Tell your princess - you are not interested in the friendship any more because you love her not as a friend but as a SOUL MATE.

Cut all forms of communication with her if you can bare it, if you can't! Give her "7 days to give you an answer".

Make sure you end your relationship, with the other girl. Make sure you tell her why. No lies, the world must know - you love "this" girl.

But don't be to aggressive - steadfast and confident is more like it.

Don't Be Scared Of Failure - their will be unimaginable joy in this VICTORY. wink
Re: Being In Love With My Best Friend (infatuation Or Love). by phemi3: 10:26am On Jul 31, 2011
reap40:

Nice post! With all your post & comment; I really know u guyz are in love with each oda. I've seen best friends gettin married n their marraige being blisful! All said n done; u pple shuld just take it slow n hopefully tins wud turn out fine. Just note dat being in a relationship is different from being in friendship with someone. Like someone just said; ' redefine your friendship' so dat u wont get 2 lose everytin within a twinkle of an eye. My eyes is on dis thread! Lol, grin
Long One:

It might be love, most of the marriages I know that really lasted started off as a friendship.

I think you'll need to have a heart to heart talk with her to see if she shares your feelings. Take her far away from her usual surroundings before you broach the topic.

Be careful though, women like to eat their cake and have it, so she might be using you to fill the holes her boyfriend does not fill i.e. romance

Thanks; But We'ved not started dating not to talk of , ! @ Longone, d thing is dat now we re so close dat I dont even know what I want again. We re still close but , ! Just dont want to hurt her, but not to d detriment of her hurting me. She's one in a billion n she's all I've got!
Re: Being In Love With My Best Friend (infatuation Or Love). by phemi3: 10:59am On Jul 31, 2011
UncleJJ:

You kiss all the time, you think of her as she does you. This is not infatuation, infatuation infects one party only- not "the pair".

However, infatuation is the birth of love - if harnessed and followed - it evolves into LOVE. I sense, you two are passed infatuation - long time ago.

Cut all forms of communication with her if you can bare it, if you can't! Give her "7 days to give you an answer".

Make sure you end your relationship, with the other girl. Make sure you tell her why. No lies, the world must know - you love "this" girl.

But don't be to aggressive - steadfast and confident is more like it.

Don't Be Scared Of Failure - their will be unimaginable joy in this VICTORY. wink
Thanks Uncle JJ, your comment is very well noted! I think, d seven days off wating 4 her reply, wud be enof 4 me to fashion out myself. Uncle JJ, To be honest; I don't know what i want again. because my mind now is really clouded with tauts (negatives) of us hurting each other. Anytime; I'm alone: I think of her even more dan I think of my GF. U said, 'make sure u end ur relationship with d oda girl'. Dat's a hard one because we'ved not even known where we re going. I'm still very confused because now it has notin much to do her, It's all about me.
Re: Being In Love With My Best Friend (infatuation Or Love). by reap40: 1:49pm On Aug 01, 2011
Do u really think giving urselfs days off; wud really help u guyz to redefine urselfs (hell no). Just follow ur heart n stop procastinating. She definately has feelings for you but like u'ved said, d probs lies with you. If u really dont want to give up ur oda girlfriend then stop flirting with her. I just hope u guyz will not live to regret this. angry sad angry
Re: Being In Love With My Best Friend (infatuation Or Love). by phemi3: 7:54am On Aug 09, 2011
reap40:

Do u really think giving urselfs days off; wud really help u guyz to redefine urselfs (hell no). Just follow your heart n stop procastinating. She definately has feelings for you but like u'ved said, d probs lies with you. If u really dont want to give up your oda girlfriend then stop flirting with her. I just hope u guyz will not live to regret this. angry sad angry
Thanks, I just hope we wont end up losing everytin. because right now, we see less dan b4, n when we do; we talk less! Our discussion has become more formal dan it usually being. I tink, ' I fear 4 d worst'. but d truth is, I still ve quite time to tink about her.
Re: Being In Love With My Best Friend (infatuation Or Love). by reap40: 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2011
hmnnnn! So, how re you guys fairing now? Still best of friends or u guys ved UPgraded! Just curious. cry undecided

(1) (Reply)

Do Guys Have No Shame On Who They Hit On Now A Days. / Why Is It So Hard?.... / Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.