Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,321 members, 7,829,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court (74913 Views)

Keyamo Dons Legal Robe, Appears At Tribunal In Tinubu’s Defence (Video, Photos) / Anambra: Court Dismisses Suit Seeking To Disqualify Charles Soludo / Anambra: Court To Deliver Judgement In Suit Against Andy Uba’s APC Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Hussein035: 5:11am On Jul 02, 2022
UmuEri:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXMguFEWUi0

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/hijab-ruling-drama-as-lawyer-wears-pastoral-robe-to-anambra-court/%3famp

Before you start Complaining about hijab. The using of hijab and this pastoral dressing are very different. This irresponsible pastor should have wear their Court session gown and only put that blue or purple robe around his neck plus the cross there will be no issue.
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Nobody: 5:26am On Jul 02, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
busy my ass. A busy man who is not educated enough to know that NIgeria isn't a secular state. Maybe you are busy with your vulcanizer work. I understand
O shut up with this your secular trash undecided
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by rolams(m): 6:26am On Jul 02, 2022
Kingspin:
From your last statement. Pls nobody hates Islam unless Islam overdoing it. Islam should stay in their lane.

So sorry to say this, lots of people hate Islam. Just read through All the comments you will know.
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Kingspin(m): 6:34am On Jul 02, 2022
rolams:

So sorry to say this, lots of people hate Islam. Just read through All the comments you will know.
Ask why?

And remember there are other religions apart from Islam and Christianity
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by sidonlook: 6:43am On Jul 02, 2022
nairavsdollars:
Our lawyers are going mad

Supreme Court trying to set Nigeria on fire.

Nigeria has no state religion.
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by statesman6: 8:11pm On Jul 02, 2022
Ojuntana:

This is a lie. Muslims don't wear hijab all the time. They don't wear it when they're in their houses. They don't wear it when taking a bath. They also don't wear it to sleep. They only wear it when going out in public.
Catholic priests wear their robe a lot too. Same with a soldier and police.
Besides, I don't know why how Muslims choose to wear hijab should become a standard for measuring rights. That's segregation don't you think
Now tell me who stop police officer from not wearing their uniforms or who stop catholic priest from not wearing their robes?
U should have tell them to wear it to bath or sleep. Listen to yourself very well. Are u making sense?
Is this suppose to be argument? Christians are the one condemning Muslims from wearing hijab
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Ojuntana: 8:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
statesman6:

Now tell me who stop police officer from not wearing their uniforms or who stop catholic priest from not wearing their robes?
U should have tell them to wear it to bath or sleep. Listen to yourself very well. Are u making sense?
Is this suppose to be argument? Christians are the one condemning Muslims from wearing hijab
Shift left.
You can't tell people how to dress if you don't want people to tell you how to dress
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by statesman6: 8:16pm On Jul 02, 2022
Truthisunique2:
keep shut if you have nothing to say

Who made it a norm and who defines what is norm

That Muslims wear hijab all the time doesn't normalize it from a religious wear

You then don't tell Christian's when to wear and not wear their regalia
You're deluded. Tell me who told u not to wear your regalia. You should wear if everyday nobody cares. Why moving against hijab at the first place...are u not comfortable seeing people wearing hijab?
Stupid religion folks
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by statesman6: 6:50am On Jul 03, 2022
Ojuntana:

Shift left.
You can't tell people how to dress if you don't want people to tell you how to dress
And who's telling people how to dress?
Is it not christians organization that drag Muslims to court on hijab?
You're deluded mf
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Ojuntana: 1:39pm On Jul 03, 2022
statesman6:

And who's telling people how to dress?
Is it not christians organization that drag Muslims to court on hijab?
You're deluded mf
It was Lagos State govt. Last I checked Lagos State govt is not a Christian organization
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by McStoic(m): 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2022
rolams:

How will you feel if tell your father to keep shut in a faceless forum like this and you are a member? Learn how to apply manner when you are in a forum like this.

Telling my father to keep shut should not be an insult especially if he as at fault and made no sense like you did my dear.

I will advise him to take it as an advice . grin My father himself na clown, so him no go too send you. Copy? grin
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by statesman6: 5:54pm On Jul 03, 2022
Ojuntana:

It was Lagos State govt. Last I checked Lagos State govt is not a Christian organization
Aboki read d news very well. It's christians that complain about the use of hijab and drag the case to court
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Ojuntana: 7:03pm On Jul 03, 2022
statesman6:

Aboki read d news very well. It's christians that complain about the use of hijab and drag the case to court

The Lagos state government had banned the use of hijab on the premise that it was not part of the approved school uniform for students.
Consequently, Muslim students filed a suit on May 27, 2015, asking the court to declare the ban as a violation of their rights to freedom of thought, religion and education.

The suit marked CA/L/135/15, was filed by one Asiyat AbdulKareem (through her father), Moriam Oyeniyi and the Muslim Students’ Society of Nigeria against the Lagos state government.

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-supreme-court-okays-use-of-hijab-in-lagos-schools
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by rolams(m): 7:28pm On Jul 03, 2022
McStoic:

Telling my father to keep shut should not be an insult especially if he as at fault and made no sense like you did my dear.

I will advise him to take it as an advice . grin My father himself na clown, so him no go too send you. Copy? grin

Now, I know the kind of person you are.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by rhames(m): 8:18pm On Jul 03, 2022
maiquel:

He was aware of the dress code until a certain Supreme court judgment came in, allowing people to dress according to their religious inductions...

Did the judgement state that lawyers should wear hijab to court? And for what reasons will they dress according to your own dictates opinion or to your own norms? Freedom to practice your religion is embedded in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and a universally accepted human right? Since when did pastors or bishops start wearing turbans in churches?
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by statesman6: 10:06pm On Jul 03, 2022
Ojuntana:

Follow the news from the start. It's one thing that led to the ban. The government didn't wake up and ban it
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Ojuntana: 11:39pm On Jul 03, 2022
statesman6:

Follow the news from the start. It's one thing that led to the ban. The government didn't wake up and ban it
Stop shifting like a worm
Your initial claim was that it was Christians that took the matter to court. Now that the facts do not favor you, you have unveiled another lie.
What else
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by alfarouq(m): 5:39am On Jul 04, 2022
Bigots are always cowards who try to hide under secularism to hide their bigotry.

I hope his choice of dressing is to honor his god and not because he is jealous that Muslims are allowed to wear Hijab.

He has to do this all the time and whenever he is outside and not just to the court else he is just chasing clout and ridiculing the law and should be punished. That is the only time he can compare himself with the Muslim ladies in Hijab.
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by McStoic(m): 7:26am On Jul 06, 2022
rolams:

Now, I know the kind of person you are.

Lol... good of you man

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Lekki Massacre: Forensic Analysis Proves Videos Of Killings Are Genuine / Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets / Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.