Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. (18380 Views)

Why Do Rich Men Deceive We Poor Men Like This??? (PICTURES) / COVID-19: I Pity Poor Men With Many Children / "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by vickydevoka(m): 3:54pm On Jul 04, 2022
eleko1:
cool such Law can't work in UpNorth
They Follow the lifestyle of MuhamMAD
Muhammad wan to take over de world
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by naija4life247: 3:57pm On Jul 04, 2022
jmoore:
I watched Newsline on NTA yesterday. This man has four wives and 19 children. The family is poor and the kids beg on the streets.

1. There should be a law banning poor men from marrying more than 1 wife.

2. Another law that makes it a criminal offence for a poor man to have more than 2 kids.

The particular man in question should be publicly executed

1 Like

Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by naija4life247: 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2022
eleko1:

This is how generational madness starts. Obviously you will end up like those before you. That is, at the mental home
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by naija4life247: 3:59pm On Jul 04, 2022
Subsidywise20:

Point well noted, however, such a law runs into problems

1. Such laws usually lead to things like forced contraception and sterilisation...which always does not end well (India is a good example.)

2.Have you ever heard of eugenics? You are essentially advocating, somewhat imperfectly, that the poor should have less kids while the rich have more kids.

3.Define poverty. It is going to be difficult defining a rule about what constitutes poverty. Is it someone with an income below N100000 or below N300000 per month?

4. No discuassion about improving welfare or job creation.

5.If you want to control how many children the poor should have...pretty soon, you would extend it to the rich.

Mental Health should be taken serious in Nigeria. This poster needs urgent mental evaluation

1 Like

Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 04, 2022
naija4life247:

Mental Health should be taken serious in Nigeria. This poster needs urgent mental evaluation

1.If ye are referring to me, well...okay.

2.If you are referring to the original poster I was responding to...well, people have had the same idea over the years.

Either way, I am reporting you to the moderators for abuse. Good evening.
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by Pymetrics: 4:06pm On Jul 04, 2022
eleko1:
The last time I read, baby factories were mostly found in the South especially South East. Are we castrating men from these region and blocking private part of women from these region in order not to produce poverty ridden kids? On whose lifestyle are they living? You're a fool
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 4:08pm On Jul 04, 2022
The rich men.. Ask their number in the family line?
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by NamelessOGBENI(m): 4:09pm On Jul 04, 2022
fulaniHERDSman:
Ensure u are not typing from the North. Lest they lynch ye. Punna variety dey sweet them like custard with overdose of peak milk grin
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by Wallade(m): 4:09pm On Jul 04, 2022
jmoore:
I watched Newsline on NTA yesterday. This man has four wives and 19 children. The family is poor and the kids beg on the streets.

2. Another law that makes it a criminal offence for a poor man to have more than 2 kids.

The term "poor man" is relative and circumstancial. The first challenge such law will have is to define a poor man.
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by meobizy(f): 4:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
I would say give everybody a chance to procreate. However life is bleeped up, the most impoverished of idiots is mostly super-fertile. I proclaim a one child policy for the useless in society. Thinking harder I realize banning these people from having children is highly beneficial for society. Trust Nairalanders to claim “what if one of the potential children will cure cancer in the future?” Well, doing without that child is a chance we should take compared to birthing his/her four to five useless siblings.
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by Olayetan(m): 4:12pm On Jul 04, 2022
jmoore:

Would make lots of sense but it's not possible...
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by tctrills: 4:18pm On Jul 04, 2022
jmoore:

What is wrong with you dictators. You want to force others to live according to your standard. What is the difference between you and PolPot or Hitler? You are a dangerous person.
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by hammer567: 4:19pm On Jul 04, 2022
jmoore:

THAT IS Y THE IGBOS HAVE BRIDE PRICE SYSTEM.

BY THE TIME YOU FINISH THE WAHALA TO MARRY ONE WIFE, U WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO MARRY ANOTHER ONE.

U HARDLY EVER SEE IGBO BEGGARS ON THE STREET.

U DONT NEED A LAW FOR THIS, JUST UPDATE YOUR CUSTOMARY PROCEDURE.

1 Like

Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by Kings2525: 4:19pm On Jul 04, 2022
I support your view if it can be possible, because the country is hard and I have already seven children, because my wife don't have siblings that's why she want many children

1 Like

Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by neonly: 4:21pm On Jul 04, 2022
fulaniHERDSman:
Ensure u are not typing from the North. Lest they lynch ye. Punna variety dey sweet them like custard with overdose of peak milk grin

Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by yuping(m): 4:24pm On Jul 04, 2022
eleko1:
undecided Bro Muhammed was rich.
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by Acidbath: 4:31pm On Jul 04, 2022
jmoore:

I watched it. The old man is blind and he married 4 blind wives.

That poor girl out of battalions is entering jss1 at the age of 14 years. The newsline anchor wasn't impressed at all with the living condition of her and her family.

Polygamy isn't good for both rich and poor. Even Ned knows how many political beds he has to climb on to maintain his perverse lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by blaquebelle: 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2022
No condition is permanent. The rich can become poor so also the poor can become rich in the blink of an eye.

1 Like

Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by Karemarealty288(m): 4:40pm On Jul 04, 2022
If the preek of the (poor)is working perfectly well and can satisfy his 4wives .......he is not poor. If a rich man has all essentials of life and his preek is not working, he is a (poor) man.....( The Joy of poor is the strength of their preek)

Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:43pm On Jul 04, 2022
Muslim poor men ...dem go gree?

1 Like

Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by GeneralPula: 4:53pm On Jul 04, 2022
helinues:
In support

Still wondering how people wey poor still dey get erection

Feeding one mouth self na war, put money aside, the preparation alone na war

No be lie..

I want to fix dinner but to stand up enter market now nah war..

I just weak..

1 Like

Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by Brushstrokes20: 4:53pm On Jul 04, 2022
Long overdue undecided
It's dammmmmmmmnnnn stupid to breed like rats, kids you can't cater for!
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by eniteden(m): 4:55pm On Jul 04, 2022
NTA Tor NTA wey go make you feel like say everything is working well in naija. NTA dey give peace of mind pass hot pepper soup and cold pure water cheesy
jmoore:

Once cable subscription expires and power failure is consistent, I have to stick to NTA.
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by eleko1: 4:57pm On Jul 04, 2022
naija4life247:

This is how generational madness starts. Obviously my father will end up like those before him. That is, at the mental home
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by eleko1: 4:58pm On Jul 04, 2022
compton11:
and which lifestyle did u follow?
ur father lifestyle
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by FORWARDEVERLY: 5:03pm On Jul 04, 2022
jmoore:

Thank God for those Abokis in the north.. these stupid idea from you would never see the light of the day when proposed.. nonsense
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by eniteden(m): 5:06pm On Jul 04, 2022
My it's not funny at all, majority of us didn't come from a wealthy background and even our parent no too try for us but them give their best in a way that primary and secondary school u must finish then from there your eyes don open u fit still hussle somehow as had as it will be. You won't beg for food but this our brothers up up of this country are failing kids totally.

I cry sometimes as old as I am when I see them, poor kids that know nothing at all brought into this world and left to suffer too hard. When their mates are in school, have soft court of their own to sleep. Eat more than three times a day, read and go to good schools.

You see this picture under my post? If I ever mistakenly step into power I will collect this kids from their parents and Arrest them. sad

1 Like

Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by YeyeGbami: 5:19pm On Jul 04, 2022
eleko1:

They are all mad together. Foolish brainless lazy people birthing children they can’t cater for. Those ones will grow up to start kidnapping etc.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Over-Pampered Kids Are Very Troublesome And Stubborn / Couple Who Met On Twitter Welcome Baby / Occult Married Neighbour Wants To Date Me By All Means Pls Advice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.