Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. (18377 Views)

Why Do Rich Men Deceive We Poor Men Like This??? (PICTURES) / COVID-19: I Pity Poor Men With Many Children / "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by TenQ: 5:29pm On Jul 04, 2022
Tannhauser:
grin

The Law should begin with a definitive definition of a "poor" man.

TenQ
If Money is required for marrying a second wife or having more than two children, the proper way to do it is a 10 year tax for having more than the "normal national average"

So, to have a third child will require you to pay say N100,000 every year.

To marry second, third or more wives will require paying N100,000 per annum per wives.

Exceptions can be made for multiple births like twins and triplets.

But this will turn into a religious war in Nigeria as Muslims will claim that the law is against them.
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by Idaytesj29(m): 5:33pm On Jul 04, 2022
Subsidywise20:

Point well noted, however, such a law runs into problems

1. Such laws usually lead to things like forced contraception and sterilisation...which always does not end well (India is a good example.)

2.Have you ever heard of eugenics? You are essentially advocating, somewhat imperfectly, that the poor should have less kids while the rich have more kids.

3.Define poverty. It is going to be difficult defining a rule about what constitutes poverty. Is it someone with an income below N100000 or below N300000 per month?

4. No discuassion about improving welfare or job creation.

5.If you want to control how many children the poor should have...pretty soon, you would extend it to the rich.

He is even liable to commit mass murder. Like judging people who deserve to live or Die.

Let say he was able to constitute that law in naija, how do you intend to enforce it
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by altteemy: 5:37pm On Jul 04, 2022
The right way to go about it is enforcing all children of school age must be enrolled in school up till secondary school else the parent goes to jail. That should put people in place.
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by emeraldlife: 5:37pm On Jul 04, 2022
donnie:
Nonsense laws .. that's what y'all occupy your barren minds with. This is not Europe, America or China. This is the land of promise and The Most High has blessed us with enough resources to go round everyone. But criminals always want to embezzle all for themselves and their foreign slavemasters.

How about the death penalty for corruption? How about removing the immunity clause? How about a law against exporting of unrefined crude oil? How about a law against government officials seeking health service abroad? How about rewriting the constitution that reflects true Federalism with regionalism and the right of every region for self determination?

If you wicked souls will allow for these changes to take place we will be able to support families even as a big as a soccer team if need be.

This guy go like knack plenty kpekus o.

Yeah, I agree with all your points except for the large family thing.
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by incogni2o: 5:47pm On Jul 04, 2022
jmoore:
I watched Newsline on NTA yesterday. This man has four wives and 19 children. The family is poor and the kids beg on the streets.

1. There should be a law banning poor men from marrying more than 1 wife.

2. Another law that makes it a criminal offence for a poor man to have more than 2 kids.

I consider people like you just casual surface thinkers.

Does childhood suffering confirm a future that's not bright or bad destiny?

Common, don't be stupid
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by hardon1(m): 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2022
jmoore:
I watched Newsline on NTA yesterday. This man has four wives and 19 children. The family is poor and the kids beg on the streets.

2. Another law that makes it a criminal offence for a poor man to have more than 2 kids.

Such a law will be demonic. Governments cam only introduce packages and schemes that will encourage people to have small families, you can not enforce it

Am more importantly children are gift(some persons will not agree with me on this though). There is a mystery behind sleeping with a woman and the woman conceiving. It's not because you are so fertile or healthy.

You will know children are gift when you have money and you and your spouse are healthy and doctor says both parties are ok yet pikin no dey enter, then you will understand that conception is beyond you pounding a woman hard

What china did many years ago was to give huge incentives to couple with Small families, you loose the incentive when you exceed certain a number of children. If our government can create a sustainable one, intending couples would key in
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by AllGistRoom: 6:02pm On Jul 04, 2022
Housemaid breaks down in tears as her madam surprises her with smartphone — Video

A video of a housemaid expressing joy after her madam gifted her a smartphone has stirred a lot of emotional reactions online.

In the viral video, her madam stepped into the room with the phone and presented it to her, she jumped up the moment she realized what she was holding.

It was a birthday gift. Even the kids in the room joined her in celebration as she hugged the kind woman and then shed tears of joy in the video shared by @instablog9ja.

Watch the video below;

https://www.allgistroom.com/housemaid-breaks-down-in-tears-as-her-madam-surprises-her-with-smartphone-video/

Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by wilroy: 6:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
Such a rubbish Law

You want a rich man to make the law right?

Or it’s a Poor man that will make the Law?

Some people really think with their feet
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by Premiumwriter: 6:13pm On Jul 04, 2022
jmoore:

And then what next? A law that poor men should not sleep?

Y'all don't know the implications of making laws that divide people based on social at
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by fineboynl(m): 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2022
jmoore:
Do we have rich people/middle class that didn't send their kids to school?
having many children.
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by sulaak(m): 6:25pm On Jul 04, 2022
jmoore:

There should be a law banning any poor man from marrying..... period. I only got married after I bought my house.
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by donnie(m): 6:25pm On Jul 04, 2022
Manny21:
Either rich or poor, polygamy is degrading, disgusting, primitive, un-dignifying, ignominious and backward.

Weldon Mr. Christian with big grammar. Mtcheew
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by Emyogalanya: 6:39pm On Jul 04, 2022
Akinsete19:
How will poor or rich man be defined?
Especially those who are rich by faith
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by tollyboy5(m): 6:43pm On Jul 04, 2022
jmoore:

God bless you.
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by compton11(m): 6:47pm On Jul 04, 2022
eleko1:
ur father lifestyle
dumbass nigga,I expect your stupid ass to say Jesus,so I can tell u to stay virgin and unmarried!

1 Like

Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by eleko1: 6:49pm On Jul 04, 2022
compton11:
my wretched father's a dumbass nigga,I expect my stupid ass father to say Jesus,so I can tell u to stay virgin and unmarried!
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by Wpp1: 7:25pm On Jul 04, 2022
Limit Nigerians to 2 child only
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by HandsomeBlack: 7:54pm On Jul 04, 2022
jmoore:

Such law is long overdue in Nigeria. Many of the insecurity problems we have today stem from people giving birth to more children than they can adequately cater for.
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by shineeye1: 7:57pm On Jul 04, 2022
jmoore:

What of if the second wife is the one to enrich him?!
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by compton11(m): 8:31pm On Jul 04, 2022
eleko1:

my wretched father's a dumbass nigga,I expect my stupid ass father to say Jesus,so I can tell u to stay virgin and unmarried!

Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by eleko1: 9:30pm On Jul 04, 2022
Compton11 my father's dumb upstairs
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by ola31701: 10:13pm On Jul 04, 2022
Who told you a poor man today can't become a successful man tomorrow?Who told you a poor man today can't become a successful man tomorrow?...
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by Bobbiee: 11:01pm On Jul 04, 2022
ABSOLUTELY SECOND THIS! IT'S MORE OF NOT HAVING MORE THAN 3 KIDS
Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by adanny01(m): 11:07pm On Jul 04, 2022
jmoore:

Insist religious. When you touch their religion, they would rise up against it. Their rich will support them so that they can perpetually remain in poverty and the fight for wealth will be left for the few of the privilege rich folks among them.

2 Likes

Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by mastermaestro(m): 11:57pm On Jul 04, 2022
Solofresh2:
Being poor in the this situation is when you can't afford the basic necessities of life.Food, clothing and shelter

It baffles me that most supposedly educated commenters are asking who a poor person is. They seem to be pleased with the current crisis caused by indiscriminate baby makings all over the country.

Nigeria needs to do something about its surging population championed especially by the poor. More homeless kids, more touts, more vulnerable children to recruit as terrorists...and we want a better country?

Development isn’t magical. People plan their nation to become liveable.

1 Like

Re: A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. by donnie(m): 7:04am On Jul 05, 2022
fulaniHERDSman:
Ensure u are not typing from the North. Lest they lynch ye. Punna variety dey sweet them like custard with overdose of peak milk grin

It's no different in the south. But in the south it is mostly fornication and not within marriage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Over-Pampered Kids Are Very Troublesome And Stubborn / Couple Who Met On Twitter Welcome Baby / Occult Married Neighbour Wants To Date Me By All Means Pls Advice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.