Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,985 members, 7,848,962 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 12:35 PM

Imagine A House Built In 1930 Still Stand Out. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine A House Built In 1930 Still Stand Out. (6453 Views)

Please Don't Fall Victim Sit At Home From 23rd Of Feb Still Stand - Simon Ekpa / Imagine A Nigeria Without DSS - Solomon Semaka / Temitope Adunni Akinsanya: House Built By MC Oluomo's Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imagine A House Built In 1930 Still Stand Out. by Yankee101: 11:50pm On Jul 05, 2022
Build classical houses
They persist
Re: Imagine A House Built In 1930 Still Stand Out. by michlins(m): 2:59am On Jul 06, 2022
taretoofine:
Go to uk and see house built in 1682
Still inhabitable
which one you get

Learn to celebrate what you have here in Nigeria. Small thing go abroad as if you get passport

1 Like

Re: Imagine A House Built In 1930 Still Stand Out. by taretoofine(m): 7:13am On Jul 06, 2022
michlins:
which one you get

Learn to celebrate what you have here in Nigeria. Small thing go abroad as if you get passport
the way we decode infos here is shockingly different.. oga calm down you dont know my location, mouth don dey scratch chochocho
Re: Imagine A House Built In 1930 Still Stand Out. by laiperi: 12:25am On Jul 07, 2022
Thanks for the Education Metaphysical.

One of the two houses built at the Bar Beach in those days belonged to Dr. Maja. The other one belonged to a familia family since we used to go for picnic there.

All the Brazilian houses at Gbamgbose and the Da Rocher Water House or others houses like that of S. B Bakare and Abiola are in bad shape.

Did you mention Government declaring them historical sites? The same people who scam their families to buy family properties at prices unheard of. Otherwise, send Government workers to mark them for demolition.

Well, I cannot blame you since we or most of us wish for the best. But reality?

1 Like

Re: Imagine A House Built In 1930 Still Stand Out. by kingsceemark(m): 1:52am On Jul 07, 2022
Abiodunstephen:
Chief Salami Agbaje's House, Ibadan. Circa: 1930's

The beautiful masterpiece is still standing till today (Even though not properly maintained).

A wealthy man in the 1920's. Salami Agbaje was one of lbadan's indigenous entrepreneurs and textile dealer in the early 1920's. He was the first one to own a car in Ibadan.

His textile store in Gbaji area of lbadan was the Mecca for all sorts of people who come from the entire stretch of lbadan and Lagos to buy his wares.

However, the competition between the Lebanese and indigenous entrepreneurs increased the rate of insecurity for the latter, while the former continued to expand trading activities. For instance, Salami Agbaje reported had to quit textile trade because of them (Ojo, 1988, p. 30). Overall, the rivalry and competition did not favor Nigerian merchants.

Chief Salami Agbaje (Balogun of lbadan) died in 1953

Gossip House

This Yoruba people disgracing Nigerians before the entire world, imagine this one celebrating a standing building, while his mates are celebrating science and technology somewhere.

Re: Imagine A House Built In 1930 Still Stand Out. by MetaPhysical: 4:47am On Jul 07, 2022
laiperi:
Thanks for the Education Metaphysical.

One of the two houses built at the Bar Beach in those days belonged to Dr. Maja. The other one belonged to a familia family since we used to go for picnic there.

All the Brazilian houses at Gbamgbose and the Da Rocher Water House or others houses like that of S. B Bakare and Abiola are in bad shape.

Did you mention Government declaring them historical sites? The same people who scam their families to buy family properties at prices unheard of. Otherwise, send Government workers to mark them for demolition.

Well, I cannot blame you since we or most of us wish for the best. But reality?

You are correct Sir!
Re: Imagine A House Built In 1930 Still Stand Out. by Abiodunstephen(m): 10:19am On Jul 07, 2022
kingsceemark:

This Yoruba people disgracing Nigerians before the entire world, imagine this one celebrating a standing building, while his mates are celebrating science and technology somewhere.

When you want to disgrace yourself, you bring tribal war to trivia matters, I am a Yoruba by tribe and I am very proud of it but let me tell you something am not base in that your shit hole country where you can use your gulter mouth insult anyone as a result of illiterate in which you be.
Since I know your tribe, the only thing you guys good at is to celebrate mediocre and insult anyone that is not your tribes man.
I am a technologies to the call and if you think building is not part of innovation we talk about in advance world, then you are still in the past era.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Osinbajo Father...he Cant Even Change His Life...not To Talk Of 9ja Smh..... / Buhari Deploys The Military And Armoured Tanks In PH To Intimidate Wike- PHOTOS / BREAKING NEWS: FAYOSE - Arrest Aluko Now For Perjury ( Pics )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.