Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

"You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America (70160 Views)

Buhari Minister Aregbesola Spotted Fighting In America / Ambode And Aregbesola Spotted After Tinubu Betrayal Tirade Against Buhari / I've No Knowledge Of The Ministry Buhari Assigned To Me—Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by aribisala0(m): 12:00am On Jul 18, 2022
t2luv1:

The man said don't record him That should have been the end of the discussion. The first amendment right to freedom of speech can never trump the man Forth amendment right. The man should have called the police and had the guy making the video arrested. Just because you are in America does not mean you go about disturbing others exercising their right to pursue happiness. By the way, God knows I hate those Nigerian politicians.
OK
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by DAVE5(m): 1:01am On Jul 18, 2022
SisterFire:
Now sensible Nigerians are speaking up not some fools up there .
He would have been burnt on sight if it's my world. Fools here don't know cleaning a brown poo old perverted american is one of the jobs of diaspora Nigerians . That guy would av killed that bleeped up politician.

So I can walk to you, record you and post it anywhere I like without seeking your consent cos it's America?

No carry your own free right go trample another man free right ohh, what is wrong is wrong

2 Likes

Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by HandsomeGuyman(m): 6:09am On Jul 18, 2022
What the guy did was wrong ooo but ern... I like this video well. Our politicians deserves it. When next they fly now dem go dey hide.
But bro don't try this with Wike ooo.. Wike go beat you he doesn't mind going to prison cheesy grin
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by Aboguede(m): 6:14am On Jul 18, 2022
You are a bigger irritant shocked

Delusional grin

SisterFire:
...Damn it ,sue your ass Harvey , in my world that aregbesola man would have been burnt to ashes but in ur cursed black world u still side him. You are wicked yes
We live in diaspora because of this wicked souls eating our nature given wealth , we suffer bitten cold , humiliation for peanuts and total shame ,we hid our faces in a whiteman land with resources ,when in Nigeria we have it bountifully.
Is paining my heart that man didn't slap rotten teeths outta his maggotted teeth
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by TolaniLuv: 6:50am On Jul 18, 2022
plaindealer:
Another crude, toxic and mannerless ipob embarrassing Nigeria.

Look and the uncultured nuisance shouting this is America as if being in America means you have to be a nuisance, violate people's privacy or break the law.

This is why you can take crude people away from the village, but you can not take the village from them.

Barbaric Animals and anti social beasts..

If you watched the video well! U will notice the guy spoke Yoruba not Igbo

1 Like

Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by 989900: 8:22am On Jul 18, 2022
lovinagbad:

Even people record police in America. Which police is he going to call. America is a free country. If it's Nigeria will Aregbeaola security allow anyone get closer to him. He can't even order food, he will rather sent a limo to bring the food

Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by aribisala0(m): 1:12pm On Jul 18, 2022
TolaniLuv:

If you watched the video well! U will notice the guy spoke Yoruba not Igbo
So? Speaking Yoruba means what?
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by aribisala0(m): 1:15pm On Jul 18, 2022
MetaPhysical:

In states like California it is simply illegal to record video/audio without first warning the target that they are being recorded. This was put in place to restrict paparazzi madness. On the marketing side, it also protected consumers against debt collectors.

I dont know what state Aregbe was in but it doesn't matter, fhat recorder was wrong.
Do you have a source for this claim ? A citation of the law?
I simply do not believe you sir
Video and audio recordings are entirely different things so do not lump them together.
Here we are actually talking about video recording and I do not believe there is any such law anywhere in the US
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by BluntCrazeMan: 1:28pm On Jul 18, 2022
Umedia:
[VIDEO] "You Can Not Record Me" Buhari’s Minister, Aregbesola Spotted "Fighting" In America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEDgI1pTXMw

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
When something is happening in the public, then it can be recorded by anybody.
But once the person that is being recorded says that he doesn't want to be recorded, then, the person that continues to record him cannot claim right if the person being recorded makes moves to stop the recording by himself.

So, we should always be careful when we record events.
Once the person says it out that he doesn't want to be recorded, then, whatever he does that time in an effort to stop the recording cannot be counted against him, so far he didn't cause bodily harm to you who continued recording.
Thus if you are recording some events that are happening publicly, you still have to make sure that none of the people you were recording told you to stop recording them..
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by aribisala0(m): 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2022
MetaPhysical:

It is open to paying hosts, not to public.

Please do not confuse American definition of public with general use term of what public space is.

In America if you are on the sidewalk you are on public property, if you step one foot onto the grass in front of a private property you are on private grounds.

Restaurant is open to public but the space within is private. So is a private hospital, so is bank or mall.

Learn.
Sir you need to learn

Your assertions are just wrong.
First there is no "AMERICAN" definition of public space this is a state jurisdiction issue.
A restaurant to which the public have access i.e During its OPENING HOURS is a public space
IN NEW YORK LAW e.g
Public place” means a place to which the public or a substantial group of persons has access, and includes, but is not limited to, highways, transportation facilities, schools, places of amusement, parks, playgrounds, community......................etc
g
The fundamental issue determining whether a space is public is ACCESS

Accessibility is what makes a place public. NOT OWNERSHIP. e.g a restaurant is private property but in law during its opening hours it is a public place. It is crucial to note the concept of MATERIAL TIME . During its opening hours is the material time as far as a restaurant is concerned

If I have a party in my house with 100 people it is private property but as long as they are there it is a public place.

Do not assume that your beliefs are reality ,cross check
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by BluntCrazeMan: 1:38pm On Jul 18, 2022
aribisala0:
Sir you need to learn

Your assertions are just wrong.
First there is no "AMERICAN" definition of public space this is a state jurisdiction issue.
A restaurant to which the public have access i.e During its OPENING HOURS is a public space
IN NEW YORK LAW e.g
Public place” means a place to which the public or a substantial group of persons has access, and includes, but is not limited to, highways, transportation facilities, schools, places of amusement, parks, playgrounds, community......................etc
g
The fundamental issue determining whether a space is public is ACCESS

Accessibility is what makes a place public. NOT OWNERSHIP. e.g a restaurant is private property but in law during its opening hours it is a public place. It is crucial to note the concept of MATERIAL TIME . During its opening hours is the material time as far as a restaurant is concerned

If I have a party in my house with 100 people it is private property but as long as they are there it is a public place.

Do not assume that your belief are reality ,cross check
If the owner of the Restaurant places a notice that reads “No Cameras Allowed”,, then even if it is a public place, nobody should use cameras within the restaurant.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by aribisala0(m): 1:41pm On Jul 18, 2022
MetaPhysical:

Practically you can take picture of anyone anywhere. In public space a consent is not needed.

The space inside of a restaurant is a private space and you need consent to record a guest in there. But if you start a recording without first obtaining consent and the target says "stop", if you don't you have violated them.

There are many privacy rights that overlap in America. Since this incident occurred in a restaurant I will use it to highlight the rights of a paying guest.

Picture it the same way you will use a license on a computer in a public library. They warn you not to copy or distribute without consent...but we all copy and distribute anyway, and nothing happens. Correct? How many times have you obtained permission from Microsoft before you share an excel file or a word document composed in a library? A licensing company can choose to prosecute for copying and distributing their material without consent, but they don't because it is not cost effective. That does not mean we have rights to do whatever we want because the computer is in a public library.

A restaurant can claim rights to proprietary ownerships like for instance, recipe. What this means is that they offer a cuisine for people that desire it in exchange for a price. That's what I meant by paying guest. If you are not there to sit down and enjoy the cuisine, what is your business inconveniencing those that are guests? What is that guy doing there? This is nuisance, trespass together.

It is important to know that Aregbe invited him, he turned the invitation down. At that point he had no business recording a guest. If he had accepted the invitation to sit he could use the argument that he was in there on invitation.

Aregbe can press charges and the restaurant can sue him.
More Twaddle

The space inside a restaurant is NOT PRIVATE if the public have access to it.

Access not ownership is what makes a place public.
A public order offence can be recorded against a person in any space to which the public have access
Even your house is a public space if you are having a large party there with what the law calls "a substantial number of people" present
Even if you invited them and they are there at your pleasure . As long as the party is going on it is a public space
The corollary is also true a publicly owned place e.g. government building may not be accessible to the public and therefore not a public space
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by aribisala0(m): 1:45pm On Jul 18, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
If the owner of the Restaurant places a notice that reads “No Cameras Allowed”,, then even if it is a public place, nobody should use cameras within the restaurant.
I do not know the answer to that one .I do not say what I do not know. Anyway that is a speculative scenario. Let us focus on reality. There may be case law on that one but what I do know is ACCESS to the public is what makes a place public.
There are different issues here .The restaurant owner can ask anyone to leave even if they did not leave a sign outside but that is different from whether there is a reasonable expectation of privacy there
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by Mikeiron78(m): 2:37pm On Jul 18, 2022
It doesn't surprise me that some of you are blaming the guy that records the video, which I understand because I have lived in Nigeria and have been living in the U.S throughout my adult life. I see it both ways, the guy's approach was wrong, you can insult someone without using words. For most people living outside of Nigeria, seeing top politicians who messed up the country outside the country where you are break your heart and makes you wanna beat them up, why do you think most of us outside the country are where we are right now? If the country has not been ran aground, most of us would be in Nigeria. So, I won't blame either of the supporter and those who oppose the video, we shall all see things differently.
A point of correction, in the USA, you can record video or take pictures of ANYONE to include the police anytime, any day, and anyhow, that is not infringing on their privacy, but I can call what happened, an harassment, but Nigerian police is ot there to arrest him,lol
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by Mikeiron78(m): 2:44pm On Jul 18, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:

Why would a restaurant owner place no camera allowed at a restaurant, if there's nothing illegal going on there?
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by Mikeiron78(m): 2:47pm On Jul 18, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
When something is happening in the public, then it can be recorded by anybody.
But once the person that is being recorded says that he doesn't want to be recorded, then, the person that continues to record him cannot claim right if the person being recorded makes moves to stop the recording by himself.

So, we should always be careful when we record events.
Once the person says it out that he doesn't want to be recorded, then, whatever he does that time in an effort to stop the recording cannot be counted against him, so far he didn't cause bodily harm to you who continued recording.
Thus if you are recording some events that are happening publicly, you still have to make sure that none of the people you were recording told you to stop recording them..

This happened in the USA, not in Nigeria, so, stop being a judge, the reality is, at a public place in America, you can record anyone, there is no Nigerian police here. Have you ever thought about the Paparazzi and how celebrities run away, why can't they sue everyone out of being harassed, that is one of the negative side of being a public figure.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by Mikeiron78(m): 2:49pm On Jul 18, 2022
[quote author=989900 post=114842327][/quote]
Ok, Mr. googler, this case is not stalking, they just happened to meet at the restaurant and he recognized him to be a bad public figure from Nigeria. Harassment would be a better term, if he follows him to the next location on a daily basis, not stalking.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by stephenponti(m): 3:05pm On Jul 18, 2022
MikoB:

America law permits you to record and film someone provocatively?

Even Joe biden can be recorded against his wish so long he is in a public space. Thats American law, keep arguing with your keyboard.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by BluntCrazeMan: 4:00pm On Jul 18, 2022
Mikeiron78:

This happened in the USA, not in Nigeria, so, stop being a judge, the reality is, at a public place in America, you can record anyone, there is no Nigerian police here. Have you ever thought about the Paparazzi and how celebrities run away, why can't they sue everyone out of being harassed, that is one of the negative side of being a public figure.
Ronaldo Knocked down somebody's phone.. and that was that.
Just recently, Nicki Minaj shoved someone who was trying to capture her on her phone camera
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by Goke7: 4:03pm On Jul 18, 2022
Even if it's a public place since aregbesola declined recording, the guy should have respected his privacy, quoting American law is baseless, the guy is a coward. He can't try that with a white guy who decline to be recorded. Na gun go follow

1 Like

Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by BluntCrazeMan: 4:03pm On Jul 18, 2022
Mikeiron78:

Why would a restaurant owner place no camera allowed at a restaurant, if there's nothing illegal going on there?
The restaurant's policy.
(I mean, you must not know the deep reasons behind every policy)
Like,, if you must use a camera, please step outside.
So, a law abiding person should also abide by that small policy too
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:21pm On Jul 18, 2022
bekpo:

There r charges 2 press my brother.
The fellow has d right 2 record but at d moment Aregbesola said NO don't record me, he must stop. U don't commit crime in public n claim because it's public u ain't liable. Sex is sweet but once ur grl frn or wife said NO to it, u must stop. It's rape if u do so against her will. Because it's in d public, u approached a lady indecently and u feel it isn't a crime and u have every right to approach her? We should rather think from our head and not ass.

You sound ridiculous trying to educate an American lawyer on American law, something you obviously have no knowledge of.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:23pm On Jul 18, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
Ronaldo Knocked down somebody's phone.. and that was that.
Just recently, Nicki Minaj shoved someone who was trying to capture her on her phone camera

Neither of those incidents happened in America and Nicki should’ve been arrested for assault however the victim declined to file charges.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by CSTRR: 6:25pm On Jul 18, 2022
But what is aregbe doing in America?

Is that his constituency?

How many American politicians are in Nigeria!?
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by CSTRR: 6:28pm On Jul 18, 2022
Goke7:
Even if it's a public place since aregbesola declined recording, the guy should have respected his privacy, quoting American law is baseless, the guy is a coward. He can't try that with a white guy who decline to be recorded. Na gun go follow
See this one arguing for aregbe.

You would think he is sharing salary with aregbe.

In America, govt officials don't enjoy the privacy of Private citizens.

Aregbe is a public official.
He shouldn't even be in America in the first place.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by Nijablast: 6:55pm On Jul 18, 2022
SisterFire:
...Damn it ,sue your ass Harvey , in my world that aregbesola man would have been burnt to ashes but in ur cursed black world u still side him. You are wicked yes
We live in diaspora because of this wicked souls eating our nature given wealth , we suffer bitten cold , humiliation for peanuts and total shame ,we hid our faces in a whiteman land with resources ,when in Nigeria we have it bountifully.
Is paining my heart that man didn't slap rotten teeths outta his maggotted teeth
Stop blaming people alaye. There are millions of Nigerians that are doing well here. What was the contribution of your parents to the growth and development of Nigeria as a nation. What is your contribution to the development of Nigeria too in your own little way. You guys come home every year to oppress other Nigerians and destroy some people's relationships because you live outside Nigeria. I don't have any family member who's a politician but the truth must be told and the truth is that we all made Nigeria what it is today.
You can't obey traffic rules in Nigeria but you willing to abide by more strict law over there. Aregbesola is not the problem of Nigeria, whether in diaspora or at home this is the type of Nigeria we all work towards.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by MetaPhysical: 7:20pm On Jul 18, 2022
aribisala0:

More Twaddle

The space inside a restaurant is NOT PRIVATE if the public have access to it.

Access not ownership is what makes a place public.
A public order offence can be recorded against a person in any space to which the public have access
Even your house is a public space if you are having a large party there with what the law calls "a substantial number of people" present
Even if you invited them and they are there at your pleasure . As long as the party is going on it is a public space
The corollary is also true a publicly owned place e.g. government building may not be accessible to the public and therefore not a public space

Wrong.

Take this test...

Your car is parked in the lot of the restaurant with other cars, it has been there for 7days. Is it private or public space? Can police consider it an abandoned vehicle and tow it?
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by aribisala0(m): 7:31pm On Jul 18, 2022
MetaPhysical:

Wrong.

Take this test...

Your car is parked in the lot of the restaurant with other cars, it has been there for 7days. Is it private or public space? Can police consider it an abandoned vehicle and tow it?

No need for silly tests just facts .The law as it is
The issue is not one that calls for village parables but THE LAW

Is there a Statutory definition of a public space ? Yes or no? What is that definition.? Simple

The answer is that ; YES there is a statutory definition of a Public Place as one to which the public have access.

If you want to debate let FACTS be the basis not parables and proverbs
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by MetaPhysical: 7:31pm On Jul 18, 2022
aribisala0:
Do you have a source for this claim ? A citation of the law?
I simply do not believe you sir
Video and audio recordings are entirely different things so do not lump them together.
Here we are actually talking about video recording and I do not believe there is any such law anywhere in the US

I think I remember in an old thread saying I would stop responding to you in Nairaland. You do not apply critical thinking in your responses.

You are often easily distracted by technicalities and you wander off in a different branch altogether.

Whether I say video/audio or I say electronic recording devices or even use camera and microphone recording, to a reasonable person the communication is clear. But to you, it must be clarified if its wireless or wired device. You want to know if it was hand held or on tripod. Was it sony or panasonic.

This is not a forensic class abeg.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by rolams(m): 7:31pm On Jul 18, 2022
This guy has no right to record him na.
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by MetaPhysical: 7:32pm On Jul 18, 2022
aribisala0:
No need for silly tests just facts .The law as it is
The issue is not one that calls for village parables but THE LAW

Is there a Statutory definition of a public space ? Yes or no? What is that definition.? Simple

The answer is that ; YES there is a statutory definition of a Public Place as one to which the public have access.

If you want to debate let FACTS be the basis not parables and proverbs

Oga take the test now. The facts will present itself when you take that test
Re: "You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America by aribisala0(m): 7:33pm On Jul 18, 2022
MetaPhysical:

I think I remember in an old thread saying I would stop responding to you in Nairaland. You do not apply critical thinking in your responses.

You are often easily distracted by technicalities and you wander off in a different branch altogether.

Whether I say video/audio or I say electronic recording devices or even use camera and microphone recording, to a reasonable person the communication is clear. But to you, it must be clarified if its wireless or wired device. You want to know if it was hand held or on tripod. Was it sony or panasonic.

This is not a forensic class abeg.
Well I am not interested in ad hominem talk . pretend you are talking to a computer BOT
Deal with issues and leave out sentiments
Answer the question Can you back up your claim with facts, a citation?
You said it is illegal in California to record a video without consent

That is my issue can you back that up?

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Goat Dressed With Brooms At Wike Campaign Rally In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Wakili Relaxing At The Police Station (Photo) / Work Begins At The Presidential Villa In Abuja After Rats Infestation. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.