Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,466 members, 7,812,429 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement (41157 Views)

Reno Omokri Reacts To Obasanjo Endorsement Of Peter Obi / 2023 Presidency: APC Weighs Options As Atiku Shops For Running Mate / Atiku Shops For Running Mate In South East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by Fareke: 10:59am On Jul 17, 2022
Plans are currently ongoing for the inauguration of the campaign council of the standard bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, Sunday PUNCH has learnt.

The spokesperson for the PDP candidate, Paul Ibe, made this known in an interview with our correspondent in Abuja.

According to Ibe, the council will be formed in such a way individuals who lost out in the primaries of the PDP are integrated into the team.

Atiku emerged the winner of the presidential primaries of the PDP on May 28, 2022, in Abuja, after polling a total of 371 votes, defeating the Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, who scored 237 votes.

Other aspirants who lost in the race include Bukola Saraki, 70 votes; Sam Ohuanbunwa, 1; Anyim Pius Anyim 14; Udom Emmanuel, 38 votes; Bala Mohammed, 20.

Since Atiku emerged as the flag bearer, the opposition party has been embroiled in rancour. The crisis became worsened after he named Ifeanyi Okowa, the governor of Delta State, as his running mate for the 2023 presidential election.

Speaking with our correspondent on Saturday, Ibe said, “Plans are underway to inaugurate the campaign council and appoint a director general. You have to understand that this is not just an Atiku thing. Everyone has to be involved. There are plans to integrate other individuals who lost out at the primaries.”

Meanwhile, there are indications that Atiku’s camp is making plans to get the support and open endorsement of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Obasanjo had declared support for Atiku and his running mate, Peter Obi, in the 2019 general elections.

In a video in circulation, the former president described Atiku as “ a man who has what it takes in experience, exposure, in lessons that he has learnt – and he has learnt his lessons; I tried to teach him a few of them – to create a change for the better”.

However, in another recent report, Obasanjo said choosing Atiku as VP was one of the two greatest mistakes he had made in his lifetime.

Obasanjo stated this while answering questions posed by students from selected secondary schools that participated in the finals of the National Exhibition and Awards organised by Students for the Advancement of Global Entrepreneurship.

He said, “One of the mistakes I made was picking my number two when I wanted to become the President. But because it was a genuine mistake, God saved me.”

In a recent development, the National Publicity Secretary of the Atiku Support Organisation, Dr Victor Moses, told Sunday PUNCH that there were genuine moves in line to make sure we get “Baba Obasanjo” on our side.

He noted that if Obasanjo could endorse Atiku in 2019, he might do so in 2023.

“His Excellency, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has a lot of respect for Sir Olusegun Obasanjo. That is why no matter what Baba (Obasanjo) says, he doesn’t respond.

“Even when Obasanjo said Atiku was one of the worse mistakes he had made in his lifetime, Atiku didn’t respond because of this respect.

“We are trying to get his endorsement because it would mean a lot for us. Obasanjo was Atiku’s principal, and if he could endorse Atiku in 2019, he should be able to do it now.

“When the time comes, we will reveal our plans on how to do so. Now, it seems as though Obasanjo is supporting another candidate, but we will try to get him on (our side). That is why no matter what he (Obasanjo) says about Atiku, he (Atiku) doesn’t respond so he doesn’t escalate the crisis between the two of them. We need his (Obasanjo’s) blessings for Atiku/Okowa ticket.

“Atiku is what he is today because Obasanjo took him up as Adamawa governor and made him his VP. Atiku also contributed significantly to getting Obasanjo to become the president. Obasanjo was nowhere to be found. It was Atiku, Yar’Adua and the rest that fought for democracy,” he said.

Moses challenged anyone with any corruption allegation on Atiku to come forward before he (Atiku) “becomes the president.”
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://punchng.com/atiku-shops-for-campaign-dg-seeks-obasanjos-endorsement/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwixmuDc3v_4AhWCOuwKHeiOCrsQFnoECAcQAg&usg=AOvVaw3jrZtfgg_UQovxcctEQ2MY

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by Felimax(m): 11:15am On Jul 17, 2022
Leave Obasanjo out of your ambition completely. He has said he doesn't want to be partisan again.

I understand the urge to seek his support but if you can just let him be.

Atiku, please don't disappoint when you get to power.

75 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by Coolsperm: 11:19am On Jul 17, 2022
Atiku is even better than Tinubu that is running on Muslims Muslim ticket, we Yoruba Christian's will never vote Tinubu on this ticket

325 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by Penguin2: 11:25am On Jul 17, 2022
Lol!

Shey na the Obasanjo wey carry Peter Obi matter for head like Gala, abi there’s another Obasanjo from Iragbiji town? grin

297 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by MadeInTokyo: 11:27am On Jul 17, 2022
Fully Atikulated

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by MadeInTokyo: 11:46am On Jul 17, 2022
Atiku Kowa

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by Offpoint1: 11:46am On Jul 17, 2022
Obasanjo is Obidient, PDP is free to win all the state governorship election but as for the presidential... It's for Peter The Rock Obi.

Anything to spite APC is Okay by me.

106 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by posty56: 11:46am On Jul 17, 2022
anybody apart from escoBAT is a goal , although Atiku na another thief , but I no wan chop abgado and cassava

403 Likes 88 Shares

Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by Ejiphill09(m): 11:46am On Jul 17, 2022
grin
Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by Tunechi5(m): 11:47am On Jul 17, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by PennywysCares(m): 11:47am On Jul 17, 2022
smiley
Breaking News

Hunter Kills BAT in Osun State
The entire animal kingdom mourns BAT as he ended up labouring to his dead

Interested applicants for WAEC GCE second series click on this link below

https://www.nairaland.com/7231346/weac-private-candidates-second-series

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by emmabest2000(m): 11:47am On Jul 17, 2022
Coolsperm:
Atiku is even better than Tinubu that is running on Muslims Muslim ticket, we Yoruba Christian's will never vote Tinubu on this ticket

Tinubu knows that he is not a real Muslim by default, if he pick a Christian, it will be a straight lose for him , picking a Muslim gives him some chance, but either way... he will still lose grin

63 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by virus05(m): 11:47am On Jul 17, 2022
grin Obasanjo? Well, I no blame you, you just came back from Dubai grin

13 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by illuminutty: 11:48am On Jul 17, 2022
I'm an Obicentric, Obidient and a Yusful Nigerian.

What about you?

86 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by ThinkWISELY(m): 11:48am On Jul 17, 2022
Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by Balkan(m): 11:48am On Jul 17, 2022
Urchins should know that this Atiku and PDP shopping campaign DG not the OBIDIENT FAMILY. Before you know it, ESCOBAT urchins will start attacking the ONIDIENT FAMILY.
Escobat lost in his own village Iragbiji and state with all the federal might. This is rejection.

Eacobat committing suicide upside down

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by Kagd10: 11:48am On Jul 17, 2022
Atiku, the monumental corrupt leader without achievement who stole Nigerian's commonwealth through the privatisation he oversaw. He stole Nigerian's commonwealth and also sold Nigerian properties to his fellow looters.

He lives at large in Dubai while waiting for every election time for another chance to empty all Nigerian's money cheesy

21 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by Kyase(m): 11:48am On Jul 17, 2022
My candidate for 2023

Make Tinubu go mosque find e votes

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:49am On Jul 17, 2022
Meanwhile, there are indications that Atiku’s camp is making plans to get the support and open endorsement of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

God will never forgive me if i support Atiku.........Obasanjo.

The money Atiku stole

If God were men........

"The Money Atiku Abubakar Stole when He was My Vice is Enough to Feed 300 Million People for 400 Years"............Obasanjo

greatdreamer:
Op, is like one of the conditions given by APC to anybody who wants to be a member of Buhari Media Cows is that he or she must have his or her brains remove and be ready to distort facts, figures and information
300 millions people being fed for 400 years by Atiku looting.
Fear God
So it was the OP that came up with that and wrote that?!
That is why you are attacking him right?
Even despite reading who said the words.
Someone that is supposed to use his God-given brain to understand an issue is the one here castigating and abusing another member obviously more wiser and brilliant than him.
Welcome to Nairaland.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by Seunmkpi: 11:49am On Jul 17, 2022
Fake news abi na my eyes dey deceive me.
Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by GeneralPula: 11:49am On Jul 17, 2022

191 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by Owaincouncil: 11:49am On Jul 17, 2022
Search no longer. I am here for you.
I will use your money to campaign for Obi as aregbesola stylishly disgrace tinubu in Osun.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by Proudlycanadian: 11:50am On Jul 17, 2022
Peter Obi or no one Else

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by eedimo(m): 11:50am On Jul 17, 2022
I'm available
Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by ajutant(m): 11:51am On Jul 17, 2022
Obasanjo is not a puppet you move around and toy with. He has a candidate now, that's the most important thing now.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by Kingpele(m): 11:51am On Jul 17, 2022
Athiefu, if not that Tinubu went for Muslim vice ,I would have preferred him to this crook athiefu .....this man can't wait to get his hands on our national treasury, I pity our money if this man becomes a president (God forbid bad thing) ..APC will be retired next year due to its political folly to be able to see competence on people of his own faith as tinubu has done ,which is a direct insult to all Christians in the North and by extention the entire Christians all over the country..nobody is going to islamize Nigeria by whatever means even if every political office holder is a Muslim but it is against the spirit of fairness, justice and peace for a Muslim a fulani man Atiku to succeed another fulani Muslim the clueless one in asorock or for a Muslim man to replace another Muslim man with a Muslim vp for God's sake what is wrong with we Nigerians? Am going to vote for Peter for fairness ,equity, justice and unity of this Country because first he is competent, secondly he is from the region east have never had a presidency for 23 years of our democracy and third ,he is a Christian because it is only right for a Christian to replace a Muslim after eight years..if after Peter obi eight years I will vote for a Muslim North for the same reasons am voting Peter obi next year by ..I pray God keeps me alive for all this to vote next year and for many more years ,# for justice and equity vote obidatta#

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by nastyesco(m): 11:51am On Jul 17, 2022
Zazu has to be the campaign DG. Zazu will then contest for Imo state Governor and win grin
Zazu idaamu olorin…wahala musician for Imo state Governor!
He is an imoLITE grin

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by bankyblue(m): 11:51am On Jul 17, 2022
H
Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by GeneralPula: 11:51am On Jul 17, 2022
Coolsperm:

Omo Igbo disguising as Yoruba. You guys should be more reasonable. We’re talking of good governance, you’re talking of religion..

Yoruba Muslim. Yoruba Christian. All doesn’t sell in the west. Stop wasting your precious time. Find another strategy..

Nnamdi Azikwe once used a Christian / Christian ticket to contest and nobody wailed. Nobody said Igbo Muslim shouldn’t vote Christian / Christian ticket..

The just concluded Osun election, Pdp used a Christian/Christian ticket, their candidate was voted in. Nigerians don’t discriminate, can’t speak of Biafra side tho..

Religion doesn’t stop good governance..

194 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Shops For Campaign DG, Seeks Obasanjo’s Endorsement by MadeInTokyo: 11:51am On Jul 17, 2022
APC affliction will never rise again

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Buhari Told Amaechi, Igbo Leaders About Nnamdi Kanu’s Release – Adesina / Uzodinma: Okorocha Is My Brother, I Have Begged Him For Forgiveness: / Politicians, Others Evade BVN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.