Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,518 members, 7,847,136 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:45 AM

Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? (3501 Views)

But Why Couldn't Tinubu Get Up To 25% In Abuja? / Can Tinubu Get 70% Or More From South West? / Like Ekiti, Can Tinubu Defeat Every Other Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by colestephan86: 9:34pm On Jul 22, 2022
Princeoflagos10:
Hmm...I doubt this!!!
Let's write it down, I will remind you
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Princeoflagos10: 9:35pm On Jul 22, 2022
colestephan86:

Let's write it down, I will remind you
Hmm...okay!!!
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Indispensable85(m): 9:38pm On Jul 22, 2022
Princeoflagos10:
I just feel like asking...I Know he will not win SE, I also know he will lose out in SS...can SW alone deliver 30% of the Southern Vote to him??

Is this PrinceofLagos?
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Indispensable85(m): 9:39pm On Jul 22, 2022
Zonefree:
South East 8%
South South 9%
South West 35%

That's 17% in the whole of South.

You must have gotten F9 in mathematics.

1 Like

Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by nabiz(m): 9:41pm On Jul 22, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Using total available PVC of last election to calculate

Total Southern PVC

Total SouthWest Vote you are very funny.why not use the current voting power. Why are you using the past voting power

Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Indispensable85(m): 9:41pm On Jul 22, 2022
Princeoflagos10:
As it stand today...of the three major candidate..I think Atiku Abubakar has the best chance...

Not with what Peter Obi is doing in south east and south south. Obi has narrowed the chances of Atiku.

1 Like

Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by fergie001: 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2022
garfield1:
I thought you live in abia.why not move around all the 20 lgas? What can he do differently
No, Lagos.

One, he is afraid of the Church. The way Obi is coming out is the exact playbook of Funsho Williams who was also Roman Catholic. The church will vehemently vote against him, that's a given. The reality is that Obi cannot win the election but he will Just mess up Lagos votes. I will not be surprised if Obi gets more votes here than Enugu, mark it down.

I don't know what he can do differently tbh. Osinbajo will have won this election even before 8pm, aswear.

2 Likes

Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Princeoflagos10: 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2022
Indispensable85:

Not with what Peter Obi is doing in south east and south south. Obi has narrowed the chances of Atiku.
I don't buy much into P.O hype brr
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by fergie001: 9:51pm On Jul 22, 2022
garfield1:
The best precaution is to remain at home on that day. Prevention is the best
Not sure I might vote sef, unless INEC approves my transfer since how many months now. However, in the LGA there are some things been put in place. The Aworis are not really happy with him so, the force is combined, there is some safety where I moved my PU to.
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 9:51pm On Jul 22, 2022
fergie001:
No, Lagos.

One, he is afraid of the Church. The way Obi is coming out is the exact playbook of Funsho Williams who was also Roman Catholic. The church will vehemently vote against him, that's a given. The reality is that Obi cannot win the election but he will Just mess up Lagos votes. I will not be surprised if Obi gets more votes here than Enugu, mark it down.

I don't know what he can do differently tbh. Osinbajo will have won this election even before 8pm, aswear.

Would osibanjo have won the north? Can he go far without tinubu backing? See,the church mobilized against buhari in 2019.many of those Christians won't vote and a lot like atiku...
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 9:54pm On Jul 22, 2022
fergie001:
Not sure I might vote sef, unless INEC approves my transfer since how many months now. However, in the LGA there are some things been put in place. The Aworis are not really happy with him so, the force is combined, there is some safety where I moved my PU to.

The aworis are minority.honestly,tinubu has treated the indigenes well so I don't know where the angst is from.you know any vote for obi is indirectly for apc
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Indispensable85(m): 9:54pm On Jul 22, 2022
nkem1992:

Yeah he has the best chance for sure and prefer him over tinubu even though I am obedient.

Normally Obi-dient pple na PDP. So they'll always prefer Atiku as second option.

1 Like

Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by oluDharay(m): 9:54pm On Jul 22, 2022
fergie001:
It gets more difficult for him daily tbh.

I don't want to interfere in this argument, but i must say Tinubu will win Osun, Ogun, Ekiti and Oyo overwhelmingly, but can't say of Ondo and Lagos.

I based in Ogun and am from Osun state. I was at home for this past Ileya festival, many people that I interacted with for the Osun election made there mind known to be voting PDP for the gubernatorial election but will be voting Tinubu massively in 2023, as to them Tribe comes first.

2 Likes

Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by fergie001: 9:57pm On Jul 22, 2022
garfield1:
Would osibanjo have won the north? Can he go far without tinubu backing? See,the church mobilized against buhari in 2019. Many of those Christians won't vote and a lot like atiku...
I don't mean Osinbajo contesting him. I still didn't believe Tinubu will contest, I felt he was fronting for Yemi. Osinbajo will definitely pick a Northerner, and this Obi thing you see now will never have existed.

I have told you to leave Buhari, somebody who has been amassing over 7 million votes for decades now.....There is no politician alive in modern-day Nigeria that can beat Buhari. Let alone someone who had the incumbency factor. Buhari had absolutely no corruption stain on him. He wasn't picking Governors and buying houses. If Buhari had been a Civilian Governor we will have seen his backsides.

These Govs are the worst, none is a Saint, not Obi o, not Tinubu, none of them. That's the truth.
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Indispensable85(m): 9:58pm On Jul 22, 2022
Princeoflagos10:
I don't buy much into P.O hype brr

He has genuine followership in the south east and south south. He'll do very well in these zones.

2 Likes

Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 10:01pm On Jul 22, 2022
fergie001:
I don't mean Osinbajo contesting him. I still didn't believe Tinubu will contest, I felt he was fronting for Yemi. Osinbajo will definitely pick a Northerner, and this Obi thing you see now will never have existed.

I have told you to leave Buhari, somebody who has been amassing over 7 million votes for decades now.....There is no politician alive in modern-day Nigeria that can beat Buhari. Let alone someone who had the incumbency factor. Buhari had absolutely no corruption stain on him. He wasn't picking Governors and buying houses. If Buhari had been a Civilian Governor we will have seen his backsides.

These Govs are the worst, none is a Saint, not Obi o, not Tinubu, none of them. That's the truth.

Oga leave that thing.obi wave would still have happened just that more southerners and less northeners will support him
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by ufotty2001: 10:05pm On Jul 22, 2022
Indispensable85:

Yes.. if not Atiku winning would have been so certain

1 Like

Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by fergie001: 10:07pm On Jul 22, 2022
garfield1:
The Aworis are minority.honestly,tinubu has treated the indigenes well so I don't know where the angst is from.you know any vote for obi is indirectly for apc
They still want more and they complain, that's why last minute he dropped Obasa and picked Adebule, a core-Awori woman to woundjure Obanikoro, as Lagos West APC Senator to replace Yayi.

Obi for APC is partly true. In Lagos here, if it was normally only Tinubu v Atiku, people will either not vote or vote their brother afterall "Atiku is a thief like Tinubu"( not me saying now).

Do the Igbos vote? How many of them have PVCs?
Even till now I still know many that don't have PVCs. So, ordinarily some will vote Atiku and some won't care. The only consciousness they have now is Obi ONLY. Take Obi out of the ballot, they will be playing draught and ludo that day.

It is in the SE, he will hurt Atiku badly. In the SW, outside Lagos, no show for him.
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by fergie001: 10:10pm On Jul 22, 2022
garfield1:
Oga leave that thing.obi wave would still have happened just that more southerners and less northeners will support him
So, if you are a SWner with Osinbajo on the ballot, you will vote Obi. That's a big lie....a very big one. Obi is riding on two things:

1. The fact people are tired of APC & PDP, especially now they have Atiku/Tinubu.

2. The Church.

1 Like

Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by fergie001: 10:12pm On Jul 22, 2022
oluDharay:

I don't want to interfere in this argument, but i must say Tinubu will win Osun, Ogun, Ekiti and Oyo overwhelmingly, but can't say of Ondo and Lagos.

I based in Ogun and am from Osun state. I was at home for this past Ileya festival, many people that I interacted with for the Osun election made there mind known to be voting PDP for the gubernatorial election but will be voting Tinubu massively in 2023, as to them Tribe comes first.
He will win all 6 SW States, the factor will be the margin of difference.

Every detail is needed in this election, even one vote matters.

1 Like

Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by oluDharay(m): 10:24pm On Jul 22, 2022
fergie001:
He will win all 6 SW States, the factor will be the margin of difference.

Every detail is needed in this election, even one vote matters.

Exactly, but he will surely win Osun Ogun and Oyo with over 70% votes, those 3core Yoruba States votes will be base on ethnicity over religion. Ondo is fully dominated by Christian and Lagos is full civilised people, the margin may not be much there
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Kyase(m): 10:24pm On Jul 22, 2022
fergie001:
It has started but it's not working. The poverty is bare-faced, the suffering no just know face. I fault Obi & Atiku supporters who attack Yorubas, this is wrong because nobody is doing it by tribe for him anymore. Buhari is not even helping his cause @ all by his mal-administration.

It is difficult now because of his Muslim-Muslim and what these agberos do on the road....omg (Just ask, Police has no control over them sef). The worst they can do is vote-buying, people are hungry hence will collect the money. For whether people are afraid to go out & vote, his opposition knows no tribe bro. The Churches here are even on holding pattern....

They will finally break them.
Remember the Yorubas don't bother about religion, in public they will protest it, but innermost they will do the opposite.....

Agberos will cash out, someone told me, they are already marking out areas for attack....
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by fergie001: 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2022
Kyase:
Remember the Yorubas don't bother about religion, in public they will protest it, but innermost they will do the opposite.....
This is Lagos. The idea for him shouldn't be to win but win well.

Agberos will cash out, someone told me, they are already marking out areas for attack....
We also felt that in Osun, didn't we? grin
We will know more as the day goes by.
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 10:31pm On Jul 22, 2022
fergie001:
So, if you are a SWner with Osinbajo on the ballot, you will vote Obi. That's a big lie....a very big one. Obi is riding on two things:

1. The fact people are tired of APC & PDP, especially now they have Atiku/Tinubu.

2. The Church.

No,the church is coming up recently.dont forget bakare and some others will vote tinubu
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 10:37pm On Jul 22, 2022
They still want more and they complain, that's why last minute he dropped Obasa and picked Adebule, a core-Awori woman to woundjure Obanikoro, as Lagos West APC Senator to replace Yayi.

Obi for APC is partly true. In Lagos here, if it was normally only Tinubu v Atiku, people will either not vote or vote their brother afterall "Atiku is a thief like Tinubu"( not me saying now).

Do the Igbos vote? How many of them have PVCs?
Even till now I still know many that don't have PVCs. So, ordinarily some will vote Atiku and some won't care. The only consciousness they have now is Obi ONLY. Take Obi out of the ballot, they will be playing draught and ludo that day.

It is in the SE, he will hurt Atiku badly. In the SW, outside Lagos, no show for him. [/quote]

This kind of moves is what makes him the greatest politician,sensitivity and compromise.but honestly,tinubu does not rule alone.he rules alongside a core cartel made up of pure lagosians like the great prince tajudeen olusi,elegushi,okoya etc
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by fergie001: 10:39pm On Jul 22, 2022
garfield1:
No,the church is coming up recently. Don't forget bakare and some others will vote tinubu
The church came up mainly because of the way priests are becoming target practice and then our religious differences have really worsened.

Bakare with how many members? grin grin
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Healthquest: 10:39pm On Jul 22, 2022
The national election should be link more to Ekiti election rather than osun... osun was just a two horse race , Ekiti was 1 to 2... the 2023 is Apc vs 1/3 .. pdp is now divided into 3. U ve ur ansa

2 Likes

Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by ImmaculateJOE(m): 10:42pm On Jul 22, 2022
Princeoflagos10:
boss...calabar do not makeup the whole of SS now...Akwa ibom is there...Rivers state,Bayelsa, Delta...
I was following the conversation till you added Rivers state that I am in now..
As at today, Rivers is 50% Obidient. Just three LGA will deliver Rivers for Obi.. PH Obio/Akpor and Oyigbo.. Add to other Iboid LGA..
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by oluDharay(m): 10:42pm On Jul 22, 2022
[quote author=Kyase post=114992166]

Exactly my point, based on my findings in Osun state.
They only vote for Adeleke and not PDP, they will be voting for Tinubu in 2023
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by fergie001: 10:46pm On Jul 22, 2022
garfield1:
This kind of moves is what makes him the greatest politician,sensitivity and compromise.but honestly,tinubu does not rule alone.he rules alongside a core cartel made up of pure lagosians like the great prince tajudeen olusi,elegushi,okoya etc
Let me ask you a question, why do you think majority who oppose him are Lagos-based, ask why they do so? It answers your question.

Buhari respects the rule of law, he is some democrat....for Tinubu or maybe Atiku, I just laugh. Buhari will be better than both, unfortunately one of them will be President. The basic foundation of democracy is the rule of law. For this two, the end justifies the means.
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 10:50pm On Jul 22, 2022
fergie001:
The church came up mainly because of the way priests are becoming target practice and then our religious differences have really worsened.

Bakare with how many members? grin grin

Not just bakare.there are others who are silent.he has emboldened others.you saw what kumuyi and kukah said
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 10:51pm On Jul 22, 2022
fergie001:
Let me ask you a question, why do you think majority who oppose him are Lagos-based, ask why they do so? It answers your question.

Buhari respects the rule of law, he is some democrat....for Tinubu or maybe Atiku, I just laugh. Buhari will be better than both, unfortunately one of them will be President. The basic foundation of democracy is the rule of law. For this two, the end justifies the means.

I think tinubu will be more tolerant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Soludo Destroys Over 500 Crates Of Eggs, 1000 Frozen Chickens In Awka / Who Else Is Watching The Ongoing APC Campaign In Edo State ? / What Is This Creature Called?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.