Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,140 members, 7,852,887 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:58 AM

Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? (3521 Views)

But Why Couldn't Tinubu Get Up To 25% In Abuja? / Can Tinubu Get 70% Or More From South West? / Like Ekiti, Can Tinubu Defeat Every Other Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by fergie001: 10:52pm On Jul 22, 2022
garfield1:
Not just bakare.there are others who are silent.he has emboldened others.you saw what kumuyi and kukah said
So, you want Kukah who is a member of the National Peace whatever to say anything?

You saw how Adeboye answered, that is been diplomatic. They won't say anything. Not everyone is Oyedepo, they will let CAN & PFN do the talking.
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by MissLeslie(m): 10:54pm On Jul 22, 2022
Zonefree:

He can't get up to that.

PDP got two States in SW.
Peter Obi got strong base in Lagos.
Yoruba Christians will revolt against MM ticket.
Peter Obi got Igbos in SW also.

Where and how will Tinubu get 60%?

Most of the Yoruba will either vote tinubu or atiku, u guys are predicting base on the outcome of Osun election, people are tired of Oyetola and I can beat my chest Tinubu will win southwest convincingly, my mum voted adeleke and she has been campaign for Tinubu, same as some of my friend. Obi is a Good man for the job but Igbo supporting him are creating problem for him than the die hard love they show lately.
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by fergie001: 10:55pm On Jul 22, 2022
garfield1:
I think tinubu will be more tolerant.
I am talking rule of law.
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Obagreatdatoye(m): 11:02pm On Jul 22, 2022
Princeoflagos10:
Nah...tinubu will do at least 65% in SW brr
Please which SW...is it the one I was born and breed or another?....if he get 28% na grace!
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 11:02pm On Jul 22, 2022
fergie001:
I am talking rule of law.

Tinubu will be a mixture of buhari, tinubu...falcons lose again
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 11:04pm On Jul 22, 2022
fergie001:
So, you want Kukah who is a member of the National Peace whatever to say anything?

You saw how Adeboye answered, that is been diplomatic. They won't say anything. Not everyone is Oyedepo, they will let CAN & PFN do the talking.

That's what am saying.can,pfn,muric will gave their say but it is one man one vote and not everyone will follow CAN.
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Princeoflagos10: 11:05pm On Jul 22, 2022
Obagreatdatoye:

Please which SW...is it the one I was born or breed or another?....if he 28% na grace!
Lmao...tinubu will win SW convincely bro

2 Likes

Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 11:05pm On Jul 22, 2022
Indispensable85:

Normally Obi-dient pple na PDP. So they'll always prefer Atiku as second option.

Very true

1 Like

Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 11:07pm On Jul 22, 2022
oluDharay:

Exactly, but he will surely win Osun Ogun and Oyo with over 70% votes, those 3core Yoruba States votes will be base on ethnicity over religion. Ondo is fully dominated by Christian and Lagos is full civilised people, the margin may not be much there

Very true
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 11:08pm On Jul 22, 2022
Kyase:

They will finally break them.
Remember the Yorubas don't bother about religion, in public they will protest it, but innermost they will do the opposite.....

Agberos will cash out, someone told me, they are already marking out areas for attack....

What do you mean cash out? As in bet or scam
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 11:11pm On Jul 22, 2022
fergie001:

This is Lagos. The idea for him shouldn't be to win but win well.

We also felt that in Osun, didn't we? grin
We will know more as the day goes by.

Since 2011,no one has won osun convincingly.since 2018 osun elections is a thug of war.the body language of sw pdp wi tell.osun was Yoruba against Yoruba
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by fergie001: 11:12pm On Jul 22, 2022
garfield1:
That's what am saying.can,pfn,muric will gave their say but it is one man one vote and not everyone will follow CAN.
Not everyone will vote in a direction. It can never be 100% but he will likely get more votes elsewhere than here.
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 11:12pm On Jul 22, 2022
Healthquest:
The national election should be link more to Ekiti election rather than osun... osun was just a two horse race , Ekiti was 1 to 2... the 2023 is Apc vs 1/3 .. pdp is now divided into 3. U ve ur ansa

Fergie001, kyase,I agree with this
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Obagreatdatoye(m): 11:13pm On Jul 22, 2022
Princeoflagos10:
Lmao...tinubu will win SW convincely bro
I'm still asking you is it the SW of Yoruba Christian majority or another....guy you think we are joking about the M - M brouhaha....we discuss this in the church every Sunday....we will answer Tinubu with red card on election day...

1 Like

Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by wiseoneking: 11:13pm On Jul 22, 2022
Princeoflagos10:
Nah...tinubu will do at least 65% in SW brr
Don't be deceived. This is zone and not tribe . Out of the 14 million, 6 million alone is for Nomansland of Lagos state where easterners regarded as the sixth Igbo state outside the mainland Eastern state. The other 5 SW states accounted only 8 million when you reduct Nomansland population from it. This shows that SE 9+ million is far higher than SW. Mind you that SW has one of the largest non indegenous people of Igbo, Hausa, SS etc while SE is strictly monolithic with not many other ethnic groups, hausas are visible while yorubas are handful. We are not talking igbos in the whole of the North.
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by fergie001: 11:13pm On Jul 22, 2022
garfield1:
Tinubu will be a mixture of buhari, tinubu...falcons lose again
I just saw it on fp....everything is just getting sour. W/cup we won't be there....Kai.

A Kenyan adage: "Why hire a lawyer when you can pay the Judge."
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 11:14pm On Jul 22, 2022
fergie001:
Not everyone will vote in a direction. It can never be 100% but he will likely get more votes elsewhere than here.

True,Christians will vote more for obi but honestly,he can't break even in the north.Muslims wi still vote more eventually.t
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 11:17pm On Jul 22, 2022
fergie001:
I just saw it on fp....everything is just getting sour. W/cup we won't be there....Kai.

A Kenyan adage: "Why hire a lawyer when you can pay the Judge."

Falcons will be at the world cup...

I dont know how the Kenyan adage comes in but you still need a lawyer to get a case in court and meet a judge
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by fergie001: 11:18pm On Jul 22, 2022
garfield1:
Since 2011,no one has won osun convincingly.since 2018 osun elections is a thug of war.the body language of sw pdp wi tell. Osun was Yoruba against Yoruba
Listen attentively, Tinubu will likely win the SW but his margin will not be handsome, that's a fact.
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by fergie001: 11:18pm On Jul 22, 2022
garfield1:

Falcons will be at the world cup...

I dont know how the Kenyan adage comes in but you still need a lawyer to get a case in court and meet a Judge
I mean Super Eagles. You know what I mean. cool
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 11:22pm On Jul 22, 2022
fergie001:
Listen attentively, Tinubu will likely win the SW but his margin will not be handsome, that's a fact.

It might be,might not be but yorubas give bloc votes to Yoruba candidates historically 1979,1983,1993,1999,2003 even more than igbos.honestly,obi might not get bloc votes in se.same thing may apply up north and ss.it will be tight and will now be down to fine margins, alliances,bloc votes from few states,who wins at leat 3 zones and this is where tinubu edges
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Princeoflagos10: 11:22pm On Jul 22, 2022
Obagreatdatoye:

I'm still asking you is it the SW of Yoruba Christian majority or another....guy you think we are joking about the M - M brouhaha....we discuss this in the church every Sunday....we will answer Tinubu with red card on election day...
let wait and see then
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 11:22pm On Jul 22, 2022
fergie001:
I mean Super Eagles. You know what I mean. cool

I dont understand that adage part except you mean kwankwaso stepping down
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 22, 2022
garfield1:

The best precaution is to remain at home on that day.prevention is the best

Remain at home you say! I will recommend for Seun to give a 10-yr ban to any nairalander who refuses to vote!
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 22, 2022
I kinda like this thread. we can have civil discussions, disagree without throwing insults around. Kudos guys

2 Likes

Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by fergie001: 11:26pm On Jul 22, 2022
garfield1:

, kyase,I agree with this
In the last election, the Govs didn't do anything because of the way Obi emerged and their personal APC agreement.

Again, Kwankwaso did absolutely nothing for Atiku in 2019. I mean absolutely nothing, he was more interested in his son-in-law. In 2019, you had NW as an interested Party and the NE as always their ally. It was NW v NE.....

Next year, the NE will have a President & VP in different parties with the NW acting as their ally. Kwankwaso will have a big part to play there!
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Obagreatdatoye(m): 11:31pm On Jul 22, 2022
Princeoflagos10:
let wait and see then
Better.. and stop generalizing what you are not sure about!
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by fergie001: 11:34pm On Jul 22, 2022
garfield1:

It might be,might not be but yorubas give bloc votes to Yoruba candidates historically 1979,1983,1993,1999,2003 even more than igbos.honestly, Obi might not get bloc votes in se. same thing may apply up north and ss.it will be tight and will now be down to fine margins, alliances,bloc votes from few states,who wins at leat 3 zones and this is where tinubu edges
You now believe when I told you so. Okowa will more or less win Delta, Shettima will win Borno, can Datti win Zaria? Let's be honest here. If Atiku reconciles with the Govs, the State likely to fall out is Edo. Why did you skip 2019? The reality is that the influx of persons in the region, makes it more difficult for them to control. Look at Owo for example, check most of those killed, they were from outside the region. It's almost the same thing in many areas.....It makes a slim difference on how they vote especially in National elections.
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by fergie001: 11:39pm On Jul 22, 2022
garfield1:
True,Christians will vote more for obi but honestly,he can't break even in the north.Muslims wi still vote more eventually.t
The NE has not produced a democratically-elected President, so they share same sentiments with the SE.

If they vote Shettima, and Tinubu wins.....that means after 8 years, it becomes an open fight between the NW & themselves.

If they vote Atiku, the NE gets it for 8 years and the sentiments of South emerges, the NW loses out.

So, will allies part ways or go in one direction again?
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 11:39pm On Jul 22, 2022
fergie001:
In the last election, the Govs didn't do anything because of the way Obi emerged and their personal APC agreement.

Again, Kwankwaso did absolutely nothing for Atiku in 2019. I mean absolutely nothing, he was more interested in his son-in-law. In 2019, you had NW as an interested Party and the NE as always their ally. It was NW v NE.....

Next year, the NE will have a President & VP in different parties with the NW acting as their ally. Kwankwaso will have a big part to play there!

In 2019,it was never a ne vs nw.it was core north vs ss/se just as in 2015.it won't change much next year.the way atiku picked okowa has angered most of pdp govs.even in apc,many govs won't put much effort except those going for second term or senate.in apc,lolo,bagudu,ganduje,matawalle,zulum,buni,dapo,abdulrazak,engr sule,uzodinma,sabwoolu etc would have no choice but to work for tinubu.in pdp,it is just tambuwal,fintiri,bala,Darius,okowa,diri that will work for atiku(am not even sure of diri and Darius)....
For atiku or obi to win,the nerd to repeat what happened in 2015,that is inter regional or inter party alliance.obi needs the middle belt or kwankwaso to align with him while atiku needs same down south...I still dont think there was any agreement with apc in 2019.people like seriake,okowa,ugwuanyi worked against buhari heavily...

You haven't told me of the rabiu-atiku feud
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by fergie001: 11:44pm On Jul 22, 2022
garfield1:
In 2019,it was never a ne vs nw.it was core north vs ss/se just as in 2015.it won't change much next year.the way atiku picked okowa has angered most of pdp govs.even in apc,many govs won't put much effort except those going for second term or senate.in apc,lolo,bagudu,ganduje,matawalle,zulum,buni,dapo,abdulrazak,engr sule,uzodinma,sabwoolu etc would have no choice but to work for tinubu.in pdp,it is just tambuwal,fintiri,bala,Darius,okowa,diri that will work for atiku(am not even sure of diri and Darius)....
For atiku or obi to win,the nerd to repeat what happened in 2015,that is inter regional or inter party alliance.obi needs the middle belt or kwankwaso to align with him while atiku needs same down south...I still dont think there was any agreement with apc in 2019.people like seriake,okowa,ugwuanyi worked against buhari heavily...
I am talking about SE. Ugwuanyi need not work for Buhari, Enugu is more PDP than Abia. All these perms, is if Atiku settles with them. If he doesn't, his failure will begin earlier than Feb.

You haven't told me of the rabiu-atiku feud
I just heard they have some deep-seated animosity.
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 11:45pm On Jul 22, 2022
fergie001:
The NE has not produced a democratically-elected President, so they share same sentiments with the SE.

If they vote Shettima, and Tinubu wins.....that means after 8 years, it becomes an open fight between the NW & themselves.

If they vote Atiku, the NE gets it for 8 years and the sentiments of South emerges, the NW loses out.

So, will allies part ways or go in one direction again?

I think the nw/ne allied because of buhari and both are Muslim fanatics not necessarily out if love.its just that their interests coincided...the sentiments of their son becoming a president cannot arise because they are not homogeneous like sw,se or nw to a large extent.the ne has the highest concentration if tribes and none is particularly dominant but we can say that the kanuris are number one and shettima is a kanuri.again,the Muslim dominated areas of borno,yobe,bauchi,gombe loathe pdp/atiku...so theres no oneness or any sentiment like our son.same thing in nc.among the Christians where atiku is lived,obi will get votes.so buhari,party structure will play telling roles

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I'm Scared Peter Obi Might Not Win This Election And This Is My Major Reason. / You Are Disrespectful And Embarrassing The Yorubas. Woman Blast Tinubu / They Have Stashed Money And Now They’re Useless, Bashir Ahmad To APC Governors

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.