Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,097 members, 7,852,706 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:50 AM

Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? (3511 Views)

But Why Couldn't Tinubu Get Up To 25% In Abuja? / Can Tinubu Get 70% Or More From South West? / Like Ekiti, Can Tinubu Defeat Every Other Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 11:54pm On Jul 22, 2022
fergie001:
I am talking about SE. Ugwuanyi need not work for Buhari, Enugu is more PDP than Abia. All these perms, is if Atiku settles with them. If he doesn't, his failure will begin earlier than Feb.

I just heard they have some deep-seated animosity.

Honestly,there is nothing to settle.if northern pdp can betray atiku in 2019,think of what southern pdp will do now that the agitation for power shift is high.fayose has given us the clue.ortom is just playing ping pong with atiku.plus obi has taken away half of his votes...

Honestly,atiku and kwankwaso never crossed paths.I just think rabiu is more comfortable with tinubu
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by fergie001: 12:38am On Jul 23, 2022
garfield1:
Honestly,there is nothing to settle.if Northern pdp can betray atiku in 2019,think of what southern pdp will do now that the agitation for power shift is high.fayose has given us the clue.ortom is just playing ping pong with atiku.plus obi has taken away half of his votes...

Kwankwaso is not Northern PDP. Someone like Tambuwal did his best...to even win his second term was some miracle and they were facing a formidable Buhari with State might.

Fayose will never have supported anybody else. He is pro-Tinubu and Yoruba first in & out. During his feud with Makinde, whom did Wike side? At the end of the day, when Makinde, Ortom & Wike are negotiated with he will lose out. Fayose and Tinubu go back in the days, he is a Tinubu-man, he doesn't hide it.

Honestly, Atiku and kwankwaso never crossed paths. I just think Rabiu is more comfortable with Tinubu
Is he also more comfortable with Wike to give him all of Kano votes?
Himself & Atiku have some issues. He can mention Obi or Tinubu, he doesn't even mention Atiku.
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by fergie001: 12:43am On Jul 23, 2022
garfield1:

I think the nw/ne allied because of buhari and both are Muslim fanatics not necessarily out if love.its just that their interests coincided...the sentiments of their son becoming a president cannot arise because they are not homogeneous like sw,se or nw to a large extent.the ne has the highest concentration if tribes and none is particularly dominant but we can say that the kanuris are number one and shettima is a kanuri.again,the Muslim dominated areas of borno,yobe,bauchi,gombe loathe pdp/atiku...so theres no oneness or any sentiment like our son.same thing in nc.among the Christians where atiku is lived,obi will get votes.so buhari,party structure will play telling roles
Count Buhari's legs and hands out of this. He just wants to go home and rest.
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 12:52am On Jul 23, 2022
fergie001:
Count Buhari's legs and hands out of this. He just wants to go home and rest.

And for him to rest very well,he needs to handover to someone who won't smear his image
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 12:56am On Jul 23, 2022
fergie001:

Kwankwaso is not Northern PDP. Someone like Tambuwal did his best...to even win his second term was some miracle and they were facing a formidable Buhari with State might.

Fayose will never have supported anybody else. He is pro-Tinubu and Yoruba first in & out. During his feud with Makinde, whom did Wike side? At the end of the day, when Makinde, Ortom & Wike are negotiated with he will lose out. Fayose and Tinubu go back in the days, he is a Tinubu-man, he doesn't hide it.

Is he also more comfortable with Wike to give him all of Kano votes?
Himself & Atiku have some issues. He can mention Obi or Tinubu, he doesn't even mention Atiku.

No,this is beyond settlement.when wike had no issue with atiku in 2019,he couldn't deliver much.ortom and his benue people have had enough of the fulanis... The way I am seeing ikpeazu and ugwuanyi,they dont care much.anybody that works against obi in the east might collect ipob style...makinde will have to tread cautiously
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by maybet081: 3:49am On Jul 23, 2022
Kyase:

They will finally break them.
Remember the Yorubas don't bother about religion, in public they will protest it, but innermost they will do the opposite.....

Agberos will cash out, someone told me, they are already marking out areas for attack....
your are biased in your analysis.
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by maybet081: 3:55am On Jul 23, 2022
garfield1:

True,Christians will vote more for obi but honestly,he can't break even in the north.Muslims wi still vote more eventually.t
are there no northern christians?
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by maybet081: 3:57am On Jul 23, 2022
Skyview01:
I kinda like this thread. we can have civil discussions, disagree without throwing insults around. Kudos guys
is a nice peaceful thread.
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by maybet081: 4:01am On Jul 23, 2022
garfield1:

In 2019,it was never a ne vs nw.it was core north vs ss/se just as in 2015.it won't change much next year.the way atiku picked okowa has angered most of pdp govs.even in apc,many govs won't put much effort except those going for second term or senate.in apc,lolo,bagudu,ganduje,matawalle,zulum,buni,dapo,abdulrazak,engr sule,uzodinma,sabwoolu etc would have no choice but to work for tinubu.in pdp,it is just tambuwal,fintiri,bala,Darius,okowa,diri that will work for atiku(am not even sure of diri and Darius)....
For atiku or obi to win,the nerd to repeat what happened in 2015,that is inter regional or inter party alliance.obi needs the middle belt or kwankwaso to align with him while atiku needs same down south...I still dont think there was any agreement with apc in 2019.people like seriake,okowa,ugwuanyi worked against buhari heavily...

You haven't told me of the rabiu-atiku feud
in the south east the governor have no contributions.
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Nobody: 4:22am On Jul 23, 2022
maybet081:
is a nice peaceful thread.

Its ok to support different candidates, have different political opinions and still be civil towards one another. We build the kind of society we want.
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by maybet081: 4:27am On Jul 23, 2022
Skyview01:

Its ok to support different candidates, have different political opinions and still be civil towards one another. We build the kind of society we want.
. Yea

1 Like

Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Kyase(m): 7:05am On Jul 23, 2022
maybet081:
your are biased in your analysis.
Okay, that's not my intention
Enlighten me
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Princeoflagos10: 7:22am On Jul 23, 2022
maybet081:
The obi effect will smear the SE governor contribution for atiku boss!
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:24am On Jul 23, 2022
Kyase:

Before 2023 there’s going to be a campaign against anyone going against the Yoruba candidate in south west, it will get to a point it will be scary for none indigenes to go out to campaign for anyone but tinubu
What happened in 2015 electioneering in Lagos will be child’s play
Wait and see
If everyone does same Tinubu will never be president.You know no one has a monopoly over violence
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Princeoflagos10: 7:30am On Jul 23, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

If everyone does same Tinubu will never be president.You know no one has a monopoly over violence
There is nothing as violence here...it is a just a tribe, trying to promote their illustrious son.my brother!!
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:31am On Jul 23, 2022
garfield1:

The best precaution is to remain at home on that day.prevention is the best
Shebi you will be the ones that will force us to stay at home?
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:33am On Jul 23, 2022
Princeoflagos10:
There is nothing as violence here...it is a just a tribe, trying to promote their illustrious son.my brother!!
So other tribes do not know how to promote their too? You think northerners in Lagos will also want to vote Tinubu? You people should bring on the violence and seal Tinubu's fate.

No tribe or region has a monopoly over violence or promoting their sons
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Princeoflagos10: 7:38am On Jul 23, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

So other tribes do not know how to promote their too? You think northerners in Lagos will also want to vote Tinubu? You people should bring on the violence and seal Tinubu's fate.

No tribe or region has a monopoly over violence or promoting their sons
bros promote and vote ya candidate in peace...and leave tinubu alone
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by fergie001: 8:40am On Jul 23, 2022
garfield1:
And for him to rest very well,he needs to handover to someone who won't smear his image
Who will smear his image? Have you ever seen Atiku attack Buhari?
Check well, he hasn't.....He can attack agencies of his Govt, attack his administration, but never attacks his person....That's how they operate. They are not like us that will attack even past generations.
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Kyase(m): 8:47am On Jul 23, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Tinubu can’t be president, yes but the bullying will increase in the south West by December
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by fergie001: 8:47am On Jul 23, 2022
garfield1:
No,this is beyond settlement.when wike had no issue with atiku in 2019,he couldn't deliver much. Ortom and his benue people have had enough of the fulanis... The way I am seeing ikpeazu and ugwuanyi,they dont care much.anybody that works against obi in the east might collect ipob style...makinde will have to tread cautiously
Wike didn't bother because of how Obi and Atiku emerged. That's why he (Atiku) insisted not picking Wike who has always antagonised him.
Wike could afford to relax in 2019 because APC had no Candidate not now. Now, he has to work hard for PDP or sorry is his name. Amaechi is on ground, APC has a Candidate. Rivers PDP has taken Accord Party to Court, taken Tonye Cole & APC to Court nullify their Primaries.....that is to tell you, he can't sit idly by like he did in 2019 otherwise Cole is Gov.

Some people opposing Obi in the SE don't want bullying especially under-performing Govs to avoid the spotlight.
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by descarado: 9:32am On Jul 23, 2022
garfield1:

They dont follow Muslims but fanatics,radicals so they will prefer Muslim Muslim to atiku
You don't really know anything about the North except what the papers owned by the South told you.

The North are not made up of fanatics. You believe they are because fanatics are always on the news. The same way people assume all south east are members of ipob.

If you want to know about the North, move up there and work befriend them. Politicians tell you what you want to hear
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 10:01am On Jul 23, 2022
fergie001:
Who will smear his image? Have you ever seen Atiku attack Buhari?
Check well, he hasn't.....He can attack agencies of his Govt, attack his administration, but never attacks his person....That's how they operate. They are not like us that will attack even past generations.

That is the same thing.he needs someone that won't start probing.
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 10:03am On Jul 23, 2022
maybet081:

They do oh whether we like it or not
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 10:04am On Jul 23, 2022
maybet081:
are there no northern christians?

Muslims vote more
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by maybet081: 10:26am On Jul 23, 2022
garfield1:

They do oh whether we like it or not
you don't understand bros
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by garfield1: 10:27am On Jul 23, 2022
maybet081:
you don't understand bros

How? Northern Muslims like pdp
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by fergie001: 1:35pm On Jul 23, 2022
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Oladeji245(m): 9:48pm On Jul 23, 2022
Kyase:

They will finally break them.
Remember the Yorubas don't bother about religion, in public they will protest it, but innermost they will do the opposite.....

Agberos will cash out, someone told me, they are already marking out areas for attack....
My brother no body will bully anyone in Yoruba land. Sw is too liberal for that unless tinubu want to make more enemy for himself.
You underrate the level of civility and liberality in sw if you think people will attack some other people for supporting another politician. Besides tinubu for all the wrong reasons is not a well liked politician even in sw.
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Oladeji245(m): 9:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
Kyase:

Not in northwest
Kwankwaso is next after Buhari in north west

If Buhari will contest again in 2023, he will still get 80% of the Nw votes

Kwankwaso will inherit those support base
Wow! Is kwankwaso that popular?
How come we don’t hear much about him?
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Princeoflagos10: 10:25pm On Jul 23, 2022
Oladeji245:

Wow! Is kwankwaso that popular?
How come we don’t hear much about him?
He is popular in kano only I think.
Re: Can Tinubu Get 30% Of The Southern Vote? by Princeoflagos10: 10:25pm On Jul 23, 2022
Oladeji245:

My brother no body will bully anyone in Yoruba land. Sw is too liberal for that unless tinubu want to make more enemy for himself.
You underrate the level of civility and liberality in sw if you think people will attack some other people for supporting another politician. Besides tinubu for all the wrong reasons is not a well liked politician even in sw.
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu Bought Me The First Condom I Used / States Where Tinubu Cannot Get 25%. / Peter Obi Share Photos Of Voters That Were Brutalized.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.