Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming (3301 Views)

Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today / Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola Delivers The State Of Osun For APC / AGRIFEST 2015: Jonathan Okays N26 Billion For 2015 Dry Season Farming (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by koruji(m): 2:06am On Aug 03, 2011
@Beaf

Look at the thoughtful steps a "mad" man is taking to get his PDP-bastardized state out of the economic doldrums, while the "sane" man of Abuja is working on a QTEP - Quick Tenure Elongation Program.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=18812

In line with his Six-Point Integral Action Plan, efforts by Governor Rauf Aregbesola to ensure massive food production in Osun State has received a boost, as 3,000 acres of arable land have been ploughed and planted for 67 farmers groups based in all the 30 Local Governments for the latter year farming. .

The programme which was flagged off by Aregbesola on March 31 has also recorded a major breakthrough in the disbursement of N153.26 million loan facility in cash and kind to the 67 farmers groups.

Executed under the Quick Impact Intervention Programme (QIIP), it was designed to speedily assist co-operative farmers to seize the opportunity of early rains to cultivate arable crops including the provision of inputs like tractorization of farmlands, fertilizers, herbicides and seedlings.

The QUIP model was initiated by the Osun Rural Enterprise and Agricultural Programme (O’REAP) to serve as catalyst for the achievement of bumper food harvest.

Modelled to utilize the on-going raining season to assist farmers to achieve improved food crop production, the QIIP model was deployed to provide inputs and land preparation to remove drudgery associated with traditional farming practices.

So far, a total of N49,110,225.00 has been disbursed by the Bank of Agriculture to farmers who have planted food crops like maize, cassava and rice on at least 47 hectares of land.

Beneficiaries of the loan are being given access to the facility in installments for specific operations so as to guarantee judicious usage and prevent misapplication of the fund.

It is after an operation has been satisfactorily completed that the farmers would be able to access the next stage of the loan to carry out the purpose for which it was provided.

O’REAP devised this method to curtail incidence of loan diversion or misapplication in addition to guaranteeing the success of QIIP.

Giving insight into how the project was carried out, Co-ordinator of OREAP and Team Leader of the Planning Group on Agriculture of the Governor, Dr. Charles Akinola disclosed that the multi-agency group was partnering with the Bank of Agriculture to showcase early demonstration of partnership with the private sector and service providers.

He advised members of the public to expect bumper harvest and increased assistance from the Aregbesola administration as the second cropping season of the year approaches.

Akinola stressed that “what we are doing is to aggressively scale up so that we can realise broader impact of O’REAP intervention as we move into the second cropping season and preparing for next year’s planting season”.
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by Rhino5dm: 2:33am On Aug 03, 2011
This man has surely done within 8 months what many couldnt acheive in their 12 years of services. You will never see Beaf when you need him. I donno how much was he paid in this latest banjo dance.
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by Beaf: 3:02am On Aug 03, 2011
koruji:

@Beaf

Look at the thoughtful steps a "mad" man is taking to get his PDP-bastardized state out of the economic doldrums, while the "sane" man of Abuja is working on a QTEP - Quick Tenure Elongation Program.

"Tenure elongation?" LOL!!! Oga, don't sink to the level of the many dishonest folk that parambulate NL, you're way above that and I am one of your admirers.

Back to the mad one, Aregbesola and his "dry season farming." What exactly does "dry season farming" mean? Unu go wound pesin wit laf o! grin grin grin grin
There is nothing ground breaking or visionary about providing farmland without plans (the 3000 acres are for subsistence farming by all indications). Indeed if his idea of developing Osun state (ridiculous as it may sound) is to export yams to Lagos and import farming implements by rail in order to build Osuns states version of Oke-Arin market; don't you think 67 farming groups and 3,000 acres are laughable? The average farm size in Scotland is 309 acres and they aren't building some glorious Oke-Arin market.
Need I mention that serious people would actually have plans for storage, transportation and outlets at the very least; not wait with prayers for some dry season subsistence farming miracle. I see the same loud winds and inertia that Aregbesola has come to be known for.
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by koruji(m): 3:19am On Aug 03, 2011
@Beaf
Are you serious at all? All I have to say is this:

The average farm size in Scotland is 309 acres, and I ask you how many acres did the PDP government help with in Osun State for donkey years.

Here is a statistics you might want to take to Abuja:

[size=14pt]South Africa[/size]: 49 Million Persons/40,000MW

[size=14pt]Nigeria[/size]: 150 Million Persons/4,000MW.

All we get from someone in charge for more than 1 year as full president/3 as VP to produce add a mere 2,000MW are apologies and more promises.

If GEJ is looking for someone to bring down to a lower level of performance so as to look tall, he has sent his agents into the wrong clime. PDP & GEJ better face their job instead of attempting to drag others into a race to the bottom - last chance.

Beaf:

"Tenure elongation?" LOL!!! Oga, don't sink to the level of the many dishonest folk that parambulate NL, you're way above that and I am one of your admirers.

Back to the mad one, Aregbesola and his "dry season farming." What exactly does "dry season farming" mean? Unu go wound pesin wit laf o! grin grin grin grin
There is nothing ground breaking or visionary about providing farmland without plans (for subsistence farming by all indications). Indeed if his idea of developing Osun state (ridiculous as it may sound) is to export yams to Lagos and import farming implements by rail in order to build Osuns states version of Oke-Arin market; don't you think 67 farming groups and 3,000 acres are laughable? The average farm size in Scotland is 309 acres and they aren't building some glorious Oke-Arin market.
Need I mention that serious people would actually have plans for storage, transportation and outlets at the very least; not wait with prayers for some dry season subsistence farming miracle. I see the same loud winds and inertia that Aregbesola has come to be known for.
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by Beaf: 3:31am On Aug 03, 2011
Lol, defend your megalomaniac and forget about GEJ, they don't stand on the same pedestal. One is the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, while the other is the governor of a small, rural state in dire need of unsupplied governance.
Unfortunately, the governor can only come up with promises to build schools in the dry season, road maintainance in the dry season, farming without plans in the dry season, the commissioners we desperately pray for will be in place in the dry season too!

Damn! The next dry season will be the second one Aregbesola is witnessing in govt house Oṣogbo. Mr plenty words and zero action! Mr airy promises and zero commissioners!
When will the prayers of the poor and wretched be answered in Osun? It can't go on like this for much longer, somethings got to give.
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by seanet02: 3:39am On Aug 03, 2011
Some Ediots can not just use their brains nor matter how tiny it may be.
The last time i checked odechukwu has not planted a single acre.
They type of stvpidity some m0rons display on nl is unbelievable.
So stewpeed of anybody trying to discredit Oranmiyan even when all they got is this £250 propagandist per month job.
Mad man
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by koruji(m): 3:54am On Aug 03, 2011
And why are you "desperately" praying for Osun State commissioners. Something is wrong with PDP & its hacks - something serious.

Lets forget about GEJ - he is only the President of a country where everything tangible is under the FG's thumb. Lets forget that PDP & Oyinlola ruined Osun State - they only ruled it for donkey years. How about we forget about OBJ, Yar'adua & GEJ all in one - they are mere commoners under whose watch Lagos-Ibadan expressway became a bush path.

Heck let's forget about Nigeria - it is only a Suegbe Republic with most of its leaders, particularly those at the very top, mere totem poles to corruption, ignorance, arrogance and avarice.

Everything with PDP & its agents is about pedestals. The problem is, only yesterday we were being regaled with "I had no shoe stories". I guess its now (pointing at Nigerians) "you have no shoes, no education, no security, but what do we care? Ha ha ha - joke on you, while we sit on our phantom pedestal of highness.

For your information GEJ & Aregbesola's pedestals are as high as they meet the people's aspirations - and we 'll see in a couple of years, although someone has already had more than a fair number of years to be known for something.

Beaf:

Lol, defend your megalomaniac and forget about GEJ, they don't stand on the same pedestal. One is the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, while the other is the governor of a small, rural state in dire need of unsupplied governance.
Unfortunately, the governor can only come up with promises to build schools in the dry season, road maintainance in the dry season, farming without plans in the dry season, the commissioners we desperately pray for will be in place in the dry season too!

Damn! The next dry season will be the second one Aregbesola is witnessing in govt house Oṣogbo. Mr plenty words and zero action! Mr airy promises and zero commissioners!
When will the prayers of the poor and wretched be answered in Osun? It can't go on like this for much longer, somethings got to give.
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by Beaf: 4:11am On Aug 03, 2011
^
Of course, GEJ cannot be compared to a mere governor. The reason we see such disrespect is 100% down to ethnically bigotted politics. It is a very strange thing that beggers belief to compare Osun state to the whole of Nigeria. Osun is just a state. Lol! What would you think if I decide to compare my LG to Osun state? Lol!
When you people talk like that, noone takes your words seriously.

You feel Oyinlola was the most useless governor on Earth, but he didn't wait for the "dry season," while making nebulous speeches from his indolent station in far away Lagos like the new Jesus. . . Only he is one with a barren quiver of miracles. A bumbling megalomaniac.

No commissioners and no plans, while Osun waits for the dry season and the second year of Aregbesola's delusional supremacy.
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by Nobody: 4:11am On Aug 03, 2011
Beaf is a diick head really, while he is posting his his propaganda threads, y'all just need to focus on informing people on what the govs are doing both good and bad,

Keep the platform unbias for praise and criticism,

Jonathan really needs to buckle up big time!!!

I honestly don't want Nigeria anymore anyways but I wish it works!!!
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by dayokanu(m): 4:33am On Aug 03, 2011
Aregbesola is achieving in 9months what Odechukwu Retardeen couldnt achieve in 12yrs of governance both at State and Federal level

Maybe GEJ needs to come for a refresher course from Oranmiyan Aregbesola
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by koruji(m): 4:49am On Aug 03, 2011
GEJ cannot be compared with a "mere governor"? Didn't I just say it - it is all about pedestals for PDP & its agents, not performance or vision or deep thought. Hidden arrogance. As soon as he was elected he gave a speech in which the only thing that stuck with me was "four years is not enough to do anything". Now he has introduced a bill for a single 6-year term, and when it is called a tenure elongation bill he goes into protests. That speech was however a "tell" of what was uppermost in his mind. If it moves, looks and smells like a rat, it is a rat.

I have no more respect for any Nigerian official who does not do his job. GEJ particularly need to step up to his real job, especially since he is owing Nigerians explanation for his role (not entirely his fault admittedly) in Yar'adua's 90 days & nights national saga.

Public officials should only expect respect when they do their jobs. Pure and simple - no one was born with two heads or was dropped from on high. So save me the preaching about respect and "ethnically bigoted". I knew you were about to reach over there. I guess OBJ was not a Yoruba man when the SW stayed on his tails at every turn.

Let GEJ make sure Bi-Courtney does a great job on Lagos-Ibadan expressway and in good time - then he can expect some respect. Before then all we want to hear about his real work on behalf of the Nigerian people - not some tenure bill crap only three months after swearing-in.

I am silly to have forgotten - you are the one who said of GEJ "every knee shall bow" like he was some Messiah coming from on high. PDP & GEJ better do their job - like I said last chance.

Beaf:

^
Of course, GEJ cannot be compared to a mere governor. The reason we see such disrespect is 100% down to ethnically bigotted politics. It is a very strange thing that beggers belief to compare Osun state to the whole of Nigeria. Osun is just a state. Lol! What would you think if I decide to compare my LG to Osun state? Lol!
When you people talk like that, noone takes your words seriously.

You feel Oyinlola was the most useless governor on Earth, but he didn't wait for the "dry season," while making nebulous speeches from his indolent station in far away Lagos like the new Jesus. . . Only he is one with a barren quiver of miracles. A bumbling megalomaniac.

No commissioners and no plans, while Osun waits for the dry season and the second year of Aregbesola's delusional supremacy.
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by Beaf: 5:00am On Aug 03, 2011
^
grin grin grin grin grin
Dude, my LG chairman is a million times more active than Aregbesola, so stop jumping the gun and sounding ridiculous.

How is a man that is waiting for "dry season" and his first year anniversary to relocate from Lagos (where he and his frog-loke boss have been derailling Fashola) and begin planting his wonder yams? LOLZZZZZ!!!!
The dude is a lazy old fart, wasting Osun peoples time with his wobbly legged, airy Mount Sinai sermons.
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by Nobody: 5:29am On Aug 03, 2011
@koruji

From what you posted, This is just one step,

The major problem most farmers have is not that of planting but storage, I have seen vast fruits like oranges go rotten due to improper storage and lack of

immediate market for these agro products,

And please whats fantastic about him disbursing loans out to farmers, Isn't that one of his job, Maybe he should resign if he can't perform simple tasks of

governance without  all these praise singing coming from you, and even the way the loan is structured i see it as a pain in the Bottom, You have to complete

a stage before you are given more cash , Agric biz is more time factored in Nigeria and these time wasting will only hamper its developments

Do you know the time wasted before those financial institutions [b]evaluate [/b]what a farmer has done and the time it takes to actually give out the next

batch of loans.

Furthermore, i just dont like all these name tags given to all his projects, this one O'yes; that one O'reap; another one O'something , This kind of

tactics cant sustain itself in the democracy we practice in Nigeria. Next minute another Gov. comes and pulls down all these structures,

To me are just self serving, wink
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by jchuckc(m): 5:35am On Aug 03, 2011
Sometimes it is better having a monologue, or better yet having a dialogue with a statue than trying to make some people see reason. It is rather admirable when people table issues with facts, rather than hurl insults and try to 'bully' others into submission. Beaf, your logic is skewed, GEJ's position as the President of Nigeria, is not a prerequisite for respect, rather it is a prerequisite for extreme scrutiny, the fact that he is being compared to a 'mere' governor is a source of concern, 'TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS ALSO EXPECTED', , as such I have the right to compare him to an LG chairman or even a councellor for underperforming. In these days of paucity of good leadership, Aregbesola's scheme is commendable. There are a thousand and one things that are crucial to the progress of Nigeria right now, and tenure elongation in any form or guise is not one of them.
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by Beaf: 5:41am On Aug 03, 2011
^
LOL! You are really a sound machine like Aregbesola, sir! Don't do this to yourself.
One question: will disrepecting GEJ cause Aregbesola to start working instead of grand talking and disturbing Fashola in Lagos? grin
I'm at a loss here.
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by EkoIle1: 5:43am On Aug 03, 2011
This is a great move and I wish him a lot of luck.

Agriculturally, I don't see Nigerian going anywhere without adequate investment in durable roads or dependable rail system for proper and effective transportation of produce and livestock to markets all over the country and ultimately or most importantly, temp controlled storage system and silos.
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by koruji(m): 5:57am On Aug 03, 2011
You make some valid points, but you have to know that I believe in praising anybody who is showing some vision and purpose in the hell-hole PDP has turned Nigeria into. That includes praising someone that does common-sense stuff, thanks to the smucks that PDP imposed on the SW. You should also know that I will not hesitate to berate such a person if they prove to be a fluke or act irresponsibly.

Perhaps you don't know the following: One of the big programs of the last PDP governor of Osun State was to build 6 stadia across the state. The  state has no football team it can be proud of and the stadium in the capital is an eyesore. Roads are bad all over, but the PDP government's priority was to build stadia - of course we know where the contract money was going to end upp. Aregbesola cancelled all that crap, and the Osogbo stadium is being renovated.

You disagree with the way he is disbursing the loans, but I think you did not pay attention to the govts reason for that. It was given in the article - people have a way of diverting such loans to other things. As a result what the government is doing is to give loan for stages of work actually done.

Perhaps there is a better way to implement it, but no one can question the need to make sure loans given are used for the actual purpose of farming.

mdsocks:

@koruji

From what you posted, This is just one step,

The major problem most farmers have is not that of planting but storage, I have seen vast fruits like oranges go rotten due to improper storage and lack of

immediate market for these agro products,

And please whats fantastic about him disbursing loans out to farmers, Isn't that one of his job, Maybe he should resign if he can't perform simple tasks of

governance without  all these praise singing coming from you, and even the way the loan is structured i see it as a pain in the Bottom, You have to complete

a stage before you are given more cash , Agric biz is more time factored in Nigeria and these time wasting will only hamper its developments

Do you know the time wasted before those financial institutions [b]evaluate [/b]what a farmer has done and the time it takes to actually give out the next

batch of loans.

Furthermore, i just dont like all these name tags given to all his projects, this one O'yes; that one O'reap; another one O'something , This kind of

tactics cant sustain itself in the democracy we practice in Nigeria. Next minute another Gov. comes and pulls down all these structures,

To me are just self serving, wink
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by Nobody: 6:00am On Aug 03, 2011
now i am more convinced, beaf, is a hater, beef, crazy, antelope, unrepresented, old chalented, boko haramatise bitch
modasucking beaf, what is GEJ doing bout boko haram
coming here to bash gov that is working!!
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by koruji(m): 6:06am On Aug 03, 2011
So the way you called Aregbesola mad is a great sign of respect, hey. All the names you have being hauling at him must be medals of honor then.

Only leaders with idle hands pay attention & pay people to demand respect on their behalf while they keep doing things that do not evoke respect for all to see.

Beaf:

^
LOL! You are really a sound machine like Aregbesola, sir! Don't do this to yourself.
One question: will disrepecting GEJ cause Aregbesola to start working instead of grand talking and disturbing Fashola in Lagos? grin
I'm at a loss here.
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by Beaf: 6:21am On Aug 03, 2011
koruji:

So the way you called Aregbesola mad is a great sign of respect, hey. All the names you have being hauling at him must be medals of honor then.

Only leaders with idle hands pay attention & pay people to demand respect on their behalf while they keep doing things that do not evoke respect for all to see.

I represent myself and my words are my opinion only. Further, I criticise Aregbesola strictly within context, not try to make ridiculous dodges to deflect from the topic when for instance, someone yaps my LG chairman or the maiguard down the road. It sounds really odd and crazy when people mention the President, while shambolic governors are being discussed. Abi, did GEJ cook the otumokpo that is confusing Aregbesola?

For some regretable reason, I once sat through a full Aregbesola interview some months ago, that was when I reached the conclusion that we have a Don Quixote on our hands. Don Quixote is famed for such things as crazed battles with windmills.
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by misterh(m): 7:02am On Aug 03, 2011
Beaf, i doubt if you have been to Osun state. These people have been denied good governance for long through the PDP govt in the state & a governor comes to wipe away their tears & you are here villifying him. His programmes are far better than the former gov who would come to the TV programme to boast & arrest persieved enemies of the govt live on the TV. Except you are deceiving yourself, you know that the PDP has failed Nigerians. Stop having & face the reality.
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by swezenberg(m): 8:13am On Aug 03, 2011
One of the few Governors that has taken his eyes away from the so-called black gold to explore other avenue he could sustain his State which was immensely devastated by the useless past PDP governors. Beaf, the people of that State are really appreciative of his effort. What has your governor done to your State despite the revenue you enjoy from Oil proceeds?

If you don't have anything better then keep quiet!
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by Demdem(m): 8:20am On Aug 03, 2011
Please guys lets simply focus on the good and slips of Aregbesola. That to me is worth it. Who doesnt know that GEJ failed has a governor in Bayelsa state? He is presently failing as the president no doubt and yet some chaps cant simply see it. Anyone that expect any great achievement from good luck needs his head examined.
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by Beaf: 8:23am On Aug 03, 2011
swezenberg:

One of the few Governors that has taken his eyes away from the so-called black gold to explore other avenue he could sustain his State which was immensely devastated by the useless past PDP governors. Beaf, the people of that State are really appreciative of his effort. What has your governor done to your State despite the revenue you enjoy from Oil proceeds?

If you don't have anything better then keep quiet!

Lol! Do you know my state? How many states in Nigeria do you think can be compared to it apart from Rivers and Lagos? Anyways, the issue is Aregbesola's uselessness at governance, lets keep to that.
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 03, 2011
what is the governors obsession with dry season?
can someone tell us how much he has invested into the traditional raining season farming he is trying to improve upon.
i hope this is not a smoke screen.
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by Gbawe: 8:51am On Aug 03, 2011
Beaf:

There is nothing ground breaking or visionary about providing farmland without plans (the 3000 acres are for subsistence farming by all indications). Indeed if his idea of developing Osun state (ridiculous as it may sound) is to export yams to Lagos and import farming implements by rail in order to build Osuns states version of Oke-Arin market; don't you think 67 farming groups and 3,000 acres are laughable? The average farm size in Scotland is 309 acres and they aren't building some glorious Oke-Arin market.

We know you are a fraudulent mischief maker but must you expose yourself as an airhead also? "Dry season Farming" is simply farming carried out through periods when natural irrigation (rain) is not available. in many poor Countries the dry season is when most farmers will stop farming due to the serious challenges of irrigating their farms without rainfall. This naturally affects productivity.

There are many models of it operating worldwide with the active participation and assistance of the likes of the UN. The main advantage is that dry season farming bridges the gap between the rainy and dry season to ensure productivity is constant and that harvests are back to back . The aim , ultimately, is to reduce the phenomenon of food scarcity and seasonal availability of certain crop that need near constant irrigation . The artificial irrigation utilized may be diverted rivers, dams and specially constructed water storage facilities. If you need an example of dry season farming (since you seem stumped by the concept) one is laid out below:

http://www.modernghana.com/news/260810/1/yendi-municipality-engages-in-dry-season-farming-.html

Yendi Municipality engages in dry season farming
Source: GNA - Ghana News Agency
Agriculture | Mon, 25 Jan 2010

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
By: eric young
More Quotes | Submit Quote
Yendi (N/R), Jan. 24, GNA - The Yendi Municipality in collaboration with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) would engage in intensive dry season farming with effect from this year to keep the people in active agriculture.

The project dubbed; 'Human Security Project,' is aimed at utilizing the seven-month long period of drought in the area.

The Yendi Municipal Chief Executive (MCE), Mr Walvis Hudu, who disclosed this to the Ghana News Agency in an interview at the weekend, said the project starts with an initial capital of GH¢11,000.00 and about 30 communities were expected to benefit.

He said vegetables and maize would be cultivated with the use of two dams and two rivers in the area as irrigation source and successes chalked would be replicated in all the communities of the district as well as other parts of the region.

Mr Hudu said four water pumping machines had been acquired and the beneficiary communities had also made available lands for the purpose and had embraced the idea as laudable.

He said through the efforts of his administration, some youths in the municipality were currently benefiting from Information and Communication Technology training to improve their skills.

The MCE urged the youths to acquire vocational and other skills to be able to bring their innovations and creativity to bear on the development of the nation, saying; "All of us cannot be in offices for the country to function efficiently".

He called on the youth to persevere and be consistent in their chosen career to be able to succeed in life instead of resorting to unorthodox means of becoming rich which could detrimental to their lives.

GNA

And what is this :

Need I mention that serious people would actually have plans for storage, transportation and outlets at the very least; not wait with prayers for some dry season subsistence farming miracle.

Vague and nonsensical points. Will the storage used in the rainy season , perhaps under-utilized in the dry season, not be available for use in the dry season?

In your head, Aregbesola should build first class federal roads and world class rail lines before trying to increase agricultural yield? What slow thinking when allied to the reality of Nigeria. Osun has not now suddenly become cut off from Nigeria totally . If the farm produce are available that cannot be sourced elsewhere , perhaps because of seasonal limitation, do you not think buyers will flock to Osun regardless of the challenges ? How does food crop travel around Nigeria despite serious transport challenges ?  Perhaps you are oblivious to the ingenuity Nigerians deploy everyday to survive in a system that has totally failed them. Making Osun a farming State , especially in the dry season, is an excellent strategy.

One can only wonder why you mention subsistence farming here if you know that subsistence farming entails farmers producing only enough food to feed their family. Where does the article lead you to believe this or has the natural need for mischief in your bones led you to that ? Stop criticizing for the sake of it. you stink at it.
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by Gbawe: 8:56am On Aug 03, 2011
doxime:

what is the governors obsession with dry season?
can someone tell us how much he has invested into the traditional raining season farming he is trying to improve upon.
i hope this is not a smoke screen.

Because a lot of yield is lost in that period to a defeatist acceptance that "we cannot win against nature". Research what set Zimbabwean white farmers apart and the main thing to note is that they have used science, specialized farming techniques and ingenuity to 'defeat nature' . We cannot keep importing those we think have the skills to take us forward when , if we shun intellectual laziness , we ourselves can do what others have done to get them where they are today.
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by swezenberg(m): 10:32am On Aug 03, 2011
@ Beaf

If your State is blessed with all the Natural endowment of this world and it is still in the state it is then you need to ask your present and past governors some questions. Aregbesola can not turn Osun State to another Abuja over night. To do that he needs to think big and harness either the Natural resources at his disposal or the human resources like South korea did.

He considered the vast piece of land begging for attention as one of the answers to the problems. This is why he has decided to go into mechanised. This, he took a leap into by bringing in foreign experts last year to survey the land and carry out feasibility studies which is the right thing any one embarking on a project would do. I have thought of this before during my visit to OAU. This was exactly what I expected from the past administration.

To me, for him to have taken this step at all I think he deserves some encouragement.
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by DAY12(m): 10:57am On Aug 03, 2011
@Beaf,

Bro, you always somersaults fire on NL. your point are always baseless and senseless

You just like another baba suwe on NL. undecided
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by Gbawe: 11:21am On Aug 03, 2011
DAY11.:

@Beaf,

Bro, you always somersaults fire on NL. your point are always baseless and senseless

You just like another baba suwe on NL. undecided

Correct . The ignoramus does not even know what dry season farming means (a very important consideration for Africa given our challenges with drought and poor irrigation) yet he jumps into this thread ignorantly to try and ridicule Aregbesola. In the end , Beaf only succeed in highlighting his own ignorance and mischief . Let us remember the saying of Sir Walter Scott ; "oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive ".
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by mogentle(m): 11:39am On Aug 03, 2011
Why are you people still responding to Beaf. I've scrapped him into the dust-bin for long.
He is someone that will see white and call it black all because of party or individual differences. He went incommunicado after election only to resurface actively after the swearing in of Ministers. This confirms that Beaf is working and getting paid to call Blue a black. Imagine someone criticising a laudable step from a common govnor in a country where even the president found it hard to think of solution to various problems. Beaf is just a man without direction, clueless(like his boss), selfish, pessimistic, and, I'm coming.
Re: Aregbesola Delivers 3,000 Acres Of Land For Dry Season Farming by DAY12(m): 12:13pm On Aug 03, 2011
mogentle:

Why are you people still responding to Beaf. I've scrapped him into the dust-bin for long.
He is someone that will see white and call it black all because of party or individual differences. He went incommunicado after election only to resurface actively after the swearing in of Ministers. [b]This confirms that Beaf is working and getting paid [/b]to call Blue a black. Imagine someone criticising a laudable step from a common govnor in a country where even the president found it hard to think of solution to various problems. Beaf is just a man without direction, clueless(like his boss), selfish, pessimistic, and, I'm coming.

So that antisocial prick jackarss got paid for posting about issues he knows nothing about.

Obviously, he's suffering from mental illness.

Beaf or watever u call yasef, I wasn't angry wid you, I was just disappointed abt your zero sense statement. angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tribalism At Lagos State Pensions / Breaking: The Former Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Looses Bid In Court. / Attack Planned For Two Months, Says Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.