Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,767 members, 7,813,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? (20950 Views)

SIM-NIN Linkage: NCC Gives Update On 11.2m Blocked Mobile Lines / Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked / How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by KingAzubuike(f): 4:39pm On Aug 18, 2022
ComradeShegs:

I served in Minna.
Return back to where you came from. There's nothing there.

1 Like

Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by Sirchiboy: 4:40pm On Aug 18, 2022
Klass99:
I gave her solid info and good contact about a job, which led to her landing the job. She informed her mom it was through me she got the job, but never said a word to me about getting the job neither did she say thank you.

Her mother and mine are friends, it was through my mom I heard/knew she got the job. I called her out of the blue one day to ask, I also acted like I wasn't aware of the conversation between our mothers or the fact that she got the job. She pretended she didn't get the job through my info/contact person. I let it slide.

I rarely post stuff on my Whatsapp status but on my last birthday I did just for fun. She viewed my status and never reached out to say hello or happy birthday. It is not her viewing of my status and staying silent that bothered me, rather, it was a nagging gut feeling of, this person doesn't think of you as a pal the way you do, neither do they wish you well.

I don't ignore my instincts about people these days, before I go wound big time.

Can you connect me to a job.
I will never forget you in my life
Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by iLegendd(m): 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
Block ke. Me that deactivated my personal WhatsApp for my sanity. I don't post on Facebook since 2013 for my sanity too and I don't use Twitter, Instagram, etc.

Only my business WhatsApp is active and the begging there is too much too. I don't block them — I warn them or tell them this is a business line made for profit, not philanthropy.

For the people that post batch unwanted promo messages with links, I block and report them immediately.

For the ones who try to overchat with me on a personal level via my business line, I give audience, but when it's getting too much, I ignore and let them know this is a business line, not a personal line. When they ask for a personal line, I tell them it's only for people I know face to face. I'm honest and at times it may seem blunt even though it isn't.

I try my best to be polite to everyone. I handle thousands of messages and it's not easy replying everyone politely, but since this is a business line, I have no choice. In my personal line, I can't bear it, so I had to deactivate.

12 Likes

Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by Klass99(f): 4:50pm On Aug 18, 2022
Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by Sirchiboy: 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2022
Klass99:

Nope, sorry. I can't at the moment.
Ok thank you
Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by bepositive11: 4:53pm On Aug 18, 2022
You are passive aggressive. It can cause problems in your relationships.

Klass99:
I gave her solid info and good contact about a job, which led to her landing the job. She informed her mom it was through me she got the job, but never said a word to me about getting the job neither did she say thank you.

Her mother and mine are friends, it was through my mom I heard/knew she got the job. I called her out of the blue one day to ask, I also acted like I wasn't aware of the conversation between our mothers or the fact that she got the job. She pretended she didn't get the job through my info/contact person. I let it slide.

I rarely post stuff on my Whatsapp status but on my last birthday I did just for fun. She viewed my status and never reached out to say hello or happy birthday. It is not her viewing of my status and staying silent that bothered me, rather, it was a nagging gut feeling of, this person doesn't think of you as a pal the way you do, neither do they wish you well.

I don't ignore my instincts about people these days, before I go wound big time.

1 Like

Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by descarado: 4:54pm On Aug 18, 2022
galantjoe:
I blocked my childhood male friend last week. He travelled to Angola for the past 8years. he hardly called, i did all calls. when his father died, i called to sympathised with him. recently, he hardly replied my whatsapp and facebook msg. even if he replied, it will take weeks irrespective that he is always online. when i lost my brother, he didnt call me. no condolences from him.

he came back last month,he stayed in lagos for 3 weeks before returning to village. i went to see him as a good boy going to his childhood friend. his reception was poor and cold shoulder, even his mother persistently asked him to find me drinks and gift. but none was given. we gisted and i left. he gave a lot of people gifts. none was offered to me even evening hangout was not.

last week i heard that he travelled to Lagos. so i had to block him to have peace.

maybe level has change. i move on.
In as much as this is painful, I will say that you were holding unto that friendship hoping to benefit from it cos you know the ship has sailed long ago.
This is exactly what people do when their friends and acquaintances move "abroad". Most of the reasons why they ghost their friends is always how the friends act like a pest anytime they call or send message. 90% of the messages is always what will you give me, things are hard, abeg Roger, erm this and that. Not knowing how the one you are requesting from is fairing. You will chat up your friend to have a good time, it will end up in demanding for favour. So annoying.
May not be your case but 95% of the time, this is the case. I will give one cold shoulder if I see such from you too.
The cold shoulder he gave you should tell you that either all is not well with him or he is avoiding you. You should have giving him space.
He came to Nigeria, why do you go out seeking him? Even a family member, I won't look for you.
Don't you have pride?
Look at you saying he gave others goodies but didn't give you. This means you went there for the goodies for you to observe and notice that.
We always come to social media with innocent tales of pity when after hearing from the other side, the story will change.
Nigerians are naturally beggers irrespective of their financial status and they see people outside Nigeria even if Afghanistan as better than them hence they will always beg. Yes, you should have moved on long ago. Let him him seek you out. He will and when he do seek you out, maintain your cool. If he is doing well and the good type, he will ask you how far at his own time and give you what he has. If he don't, it's not a must that he will give you something because he is your friend. Its just naija mentality. Its never his obligation.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by lobos18: 5:11pm On Aug 18, 2022
One girl named success called me three days ago sef said she's pregnant with someone's pregnancy and the man doesn't want to claim it and I told her to abort it na she said she wants to keep it that I should borrow her money ..hahhaaa I laughed so hard in order no to spoil my friendship with her so I can chop her too I told her to come visit my doctor if it's through we comot am then knack her ...but I know say she dey lie sue wan collect money no no say me na Igbo man way dey vex for this buhari regime.. �
RaymondHarmony:
The last person you blocked, what did they do ?
Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by Oemies35: 5:42pm On Aug 18, 2022
She woke me up in the middle of the night to promise her marriage

1 Like

Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by tosaino95(m): 5:54pm On Aug 18, 2022
Maverick777:

A random girl I met sometime ago texted me, said she was stranded in school and had to pay her fees cause her final exams are fast approaching and her dad just died....
I felt touched and sent her the full fees even when she asked for just anything.
Next day mama uploaded a video of herself in a club (prolly her birthday), using Andre to wash her hands.

It felt so disheartening, this happened just this past Friday.

#Anytime I try to go back to being my old philanthropic self, some idiot just comes and spoils it for the rest honest people!
People like you need Redpill Knowledge cheesy
Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by Amayabor1: 5:56pm On Aug 18, 2022
Jennyclay:
I told him to subscribe to my dstv, and he started narrating how consumers came to store and bought goods on credit since 1900.. You can imagine, for just 15k dstv subscription.

I just blocked without wasting time. I have nothing to do with broke men.

You have nothing to do with broke men? grin. Says a broke ass lady who can't subscribe her dstv except a man does it for her.

16 Likes

Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by tosaino95(m): 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2022
cayorday89:

It was a former colleague at work, she is married and she does her own business now, but reason for blocking her is, she calls me to help her out with money at times for urgent need, she does pay but when she pays it is always in batches and I suffer the bank charge deductions but I no too dey mind until I lent her 100k to pay, and she paid in batches as usual and most time gives me excuses that she put it in her business just a day before which I the owner of money needed urgently. The very day she paid I blocked her on WhatsApp and call app.
Each time she calls now, my phone notifies me and I just laugh say I no get #200 or more to lose to bank for helping someone.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by Zubby2005(m): 5:59pm On Aug 18, 2022
Honestly, I tried to have a cruise relationship with my secondary school classmates.
The conversation was funny and interesting about sugar mummy, I started annoying him and he threatened to block me, I can never threaten to block anyone for little issues, so before he blocked me, I blocked him first.
Childish but we are entitled to preference, I made a choice....

4 Likes

Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by Amayabor1: 6:01pm On Aug 18, 2022
Slurity:
He posted derogatory video downgrading JAGABAN even though he is a Yoruba. I blocked him before I remembered that I supposed explain somethings to him.

He is more sensible and mature than you. Unlike you, he will not vote Tinubu even though he is a Yoruba man. We need more of him in this country. People who will not sacrifice competence on the altar of tribe.

8 Likes

Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by tosaino95(m): 6:03pm On Aug 18, 2022
Wizywiz:
My dear it's an experience I don't like to remember...her calls and checks only adds salt to injury, it only makes me remember all the emotional torture I went through when with her...she knows I can never accept her back no matter what..the marriage was long over so I see no reason why she is trying to check up on me. To me no need for that, I defiled all odds and settled with her then.. I made my family my enemies because I put her first in my life. My dad never visited my siblings never came around anymore because of the reception she creates around them. Church members warned me about her but because I was blinded by loving her I gnored them all...until her true self started showing. Coupled with so much lies on her part just because she wanted to get married..my dear the matter long abeg...but the truth is am happy with peace of mind now it's been 2 years now I must say I regret wasting 4years plus of my life with her....mind you, I wish her well because she has some good part left in her but I wizzified can never reunite with her..I ve moved on even though I have no business with women for now after all una say broke guys shouldn't date any lady grin grin
And when you become rich them all never love any l.
Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by Qwi1: 6:06pm On Aug 18, 2022
Nothing
Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by AishaDant(f): 6:18pm On Aug 18, 2022
I told him I was working and I'd call back later. He said "okay" and continued calling.

A man who does not have ears can never be useful!

7 Likes

Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by santos123(m): 6:23pm On Aug 18, 2022
iLegendd:
Block ke. Me that deactivated my personal WhatsApp for my sanity. I don't post on Facebook since 2013 for my sanity too and I don't use Twitter, Instagram, etc.

Only my business WhatsApp is active and the begging there is too much too. I don't block them — I warn them or tell them this is a business line made for profit, not philanthropy.

For the people that post batch unwanted promo messages with links, I block and report them immediately.

For the ones who try to overchat with me on a personal level via my business line, I give audience, but when it's getting too much, I ignore and let them know this is a business line, not a personal line. When they ask for a personal line, I tell them it's only for people I know face to face. I'm honest and at times it may seem blunt even though it isn't.

I try my best to be polite to everyone. I handle thousands of messages and it's not easy replying everyone politely, but since this is a business line, I have no choice. In my personal line, I can't bear it, so I had to deactivate.
what do you now do for fun?
Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by Charx122: 6:31pm On Aug 18, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
I don't block people. I think it's immature and portrays one as a coward. Well, different people with different coping mechanisms for their sanity. So, it's just my opinion.

Instead of blocking you, I unfriend, delete, or just archive your messages. I also don't have insane people around me that warrant getting blocked.
Well said .
Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by brightDdon(m): 6:36pm On Aug 18, 2022
EmzyT:
I don't block People, it keeps caging you and my instincts will keep disturbing me that there are some people I had the let free cheesy

I just delete you, your contact, Pictures (If I have one) etc and that's it. wink

Exactly,,that's how I feel too

I feel like I have caged someone hence my conscience won't let me be,, despite what.

I just delete and move on.

1 Like

Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by IghravweIG(m): 6:38pm On Aug 18, 2022
I don't block.

I would just delete your contact from my phone and forget you ever existed.

We Meuve.
Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:40pm On Aug 18, 2022
Mogajunior:
Unfriending, deleting, is tantamount to blocking. So you don't have a point dear.

How is that tantamount to blocking when you can still reach out to me? undecided
Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:41pm On Aug 18, 2022
Offpoint1:

I don't block, unfriend or delete people.... I just ignore, like I read and ignore............That hurt them like shxt.

Been long Uyai, don't even know you're still on NL

Exactly. Ignoring hurts like crazy.

I have been alright. How have you been as well? smiley
Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by Akpacha(m): 6:48pm On Aug 18, 2022
Jennyclay:
I told him to subscribe to my dstv, and he started narrating how consumers came to store and bought goods on credit since 1900.. You can imagine, for just 15k dstv subscription.

If u and ur father are not broke, why are u asking someone to pay for ur tv viewing? Poor with pride.

5 Likes

Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by batistutajulio: 6:52pm On Aug 18, 2022
Jennyclay:

Nawawo, money wey no be your own. Shey na by force?

6 Likes

Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by Moneyboyz: 7:05pm On Aug 18, 2022
Billing.
Bills me like very month, I didn't even know him before, he did a Job for me and I paid him well, since then na billing ontop billing. Small thing "boss I never chop, I don't have money to feed family" like say na me send him. Even though he's like 15 years older than I am.

I gave him money the last time he asked and blocked him afterwards, since I didn't save his number, he can't see my picture so he won't know I blocked him sef and if he calls, I will put phone in airplane so it won't say user busy, it will just say unreachable.

4 Likes

Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by ogbenimax007: 7:09pm On Aug 18, 2022
batistutajulio:

Nawawo, money wey no be your own. Shey na by force?
grin grin grin E shock you
Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by LINTUNE(m): 7:11pm On Aug 18, 2022
Jennyclay:

lol...clout chaser, give it a rest already, will you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by Pinkyposh(f): 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2022
Wizywiz:
My dear it's an experience I don't like to remember...her calls and checks only adds salt to injury, it only makes me remember all the emotional torture I went through when with her...she knows I can never accept her back no matter what..the marriage was long over so I see no reason why she is trying to check up on me. To me no need for that, I defiled all odds and settled with her then.. I made my family my enemies because I put her first in my life. My dad never visited my siblings never came around anymore because of the reception she creates around them. Church members warned me about her but because I was blinded by loving her I gnored them all...until her true self started showing. Coupled with so much lies on her part just because she wanted to get married..my dear the matter long abeg...but the truth is am happy with peace of mind now it's been 2 years now I must say I regret wasting 4years plus of my life with her....mind you, I wish her well because she has some good part left in her but I wizzified can never reunite with her..I ve moved on even though I have no business with women for now after all una say broke guys shouldn't date any lady grin grin

Whaoo what an experience
Did you have kids together?
Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2022
Analyst7:

I feel you should have bin the guy out of ur life since sha
But I don’t know why some people are always insensitive to true friendship
Like wheres the foul energy from, can’t u respect ur fellow friend that’s always trying to make the rapport ever green

I feel the same way too. Being ignored by the person you called a friend really hurts. I've deleted many contacts already.
Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by ComradeShegs(m): 7:35pm On Aug 18, 2022
KingAzubuike:

Return back to where you came from. There's nothing there.

Hmmmm
Re: The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? by KingAzubuike(f): 7:44pm On Aug 18, 2022
ComradeShegs:

Hmmmm
Yes, there's nothing there. I know Minna well . From bosso, London street to maitumbi , ducenkwora, bajago etc. It's a very cool town tho but not a place for a hustling young man. Find your way to Lagos if you can.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

New Glo Data Plan - Get 1.2gb For N200 And 6gb For N1000 / Blackberry 10 BBM Images Leak / Where Is Your Favorite Phone Pressing Spot?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.