Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday (40016 Views)

Owo Attack: Rotimi Akeredolu Directs Flying Of Flags At Half Mast For 7 Days / Alao-Akala: Seyi Makinde Mourns, Orders Flags To Fly At Half-Mast / Shonekan: FG Orders National Flag To Fly At Half-Mast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by snoopz: 9:47am On Sep 10, 2022
Terrorists and bandits are killing people everyday Nigeria no fly the flag at half mast na person wry no dey our papa you dey do half for ...
Una papa
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by Ngwamankillyou(m): 10:20am On Sep 10, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Nice one.

Those who ancestrally has victim mentality in their blood are coming here to Insult and force us to hate the queen.

As if she's the coward ojukwu.
Always claiming victim.

Hate filled People. Tueh

You are a bastard inferior thing.

Now I can see the reason Igbos don't want to stay with fake blacks.slave for Life.
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:29am On Sep 10, 2022
Pells:
Chai una mumu never do
Who cares about the rubbish deadass dictator queen
My fellow Nigerians are still enslaved
Mentally slavery for life grin grin shocked shocked

Many of you are ignorant about the British system of government.

The Queen was not a dictator, just a head of state, a figurehead.

The real political decisions are made by prime ministers, not the British crown.

For example, South Africans are blaming the Queen for allowing apartheid to go on.

But in reality, it was Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher who was making all the British decisions and policies at that time, and the Queen tried to help South Africa by pressurizing Thatcher.

Nigeria once practised this system of government too, when Nnamdi Azikwe (as head of state) was a ceremonial president, while Tafawa Balewa (as prime minister) held the real political power.

I know the Queen cannot escape blame since the British government is itself described as the Government of the British Monarch, and even the Prime Minister is in the service of the monarchy, but the criticism of Queen Elizabeth II are just too harsh.
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by femiasaolu2014: 10:58am On Sep 10, 2022
searchng4love:

Ipob urchin.
God bless our darling Queen Elizabeth

Dip your finger up your anus and smell it.

Poor fool

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by Charx122: 11:12am On Sep 10, 2022
africantycoon:

Its not true...thats what the education system the british military regime they installed in nigeria taught you.

The british troops took back thousands of artworks- for them to have taken back such large numbers, it means they had never seen it before....

Then the british created "Commonwealth". "Commonwealth" means the wealth of Nigeria and other colonies also belongs to England....

We civilized them not the other way round....

Those artifacts they took from us it made people appreciate it more if it was still in Nigeria since that time
It would have be worthless or useless as far as I see it Nigerians don't have any maintenance culture
Very few of us know what art is..
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by TheNiceGuy(m): 12:08pm On Sep 10, 2022
Ngwamankillyou:

Your papa is a bastard and inferior thing.

Now.
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by Ehinjuola: 12:11pm On Sep 10, 2022
Akwamkpuruamu:
Iberiberism!
When Yar Adua died, what did the British do? Asslicking at its best
How I wish to framed this comment and give bubu as a
gift.
But will he see it without his translator?
No offense ooo
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by Panda7(m): 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2022
ogbeni you are a mumu, what is nigeria's relationship with her colonizer, no wonder they keep poking you in your nose because you are an ass licker. britain who looted us dry and can never account for any development in nigeria or africa. primitive idiots are still in our rulership. mumu
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by stanluiz(m): 12:28pm On Sep 10, 2022
africantycoon:

Its not true...thats what the education system the british military regime they installed in nigeria taught you.

The british troops took back thousands of artworks- for them to have taken back such large numbers, it means they had never seen it before....

Then the british created "Commonwealth". "Commonwealth" means the wealth of Nigeria and other colonies also belongs to England....

We civilized them not the other way round....

Many of them are ignorant! They don't know their history.

Am not surprised. Nigeria is still a British colony. Only a fool will say Nigeria is independent. Nigeria is still under Britain.
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by searchng4love: 12:37pm On Sep 10, 2022
femiasaolu2014:

Dip your finger up your anus and smell it.

Poor fool
Interesting from a shith@le mouth
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by asanausana91: 12:41pm On Sep 10, 2022
Akwamkpuruamu:
Iberiberism!

When Yar Adua died, what did the British do? Asslicking at its best
ipob in pain.
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by asanausana91: 12:45pm On Sep 10, 2022
Klington:
Useless country, when hundreds are being massacred by terrorists and bandits, did Britain fly her flag at half mast

Not even the sh*thole flew flag at half mast.

Eye service country.
you were celebrating the death of Yaradua and Abba kyari. Why are you pretending as if you love Nigeria? The same useless country is what you people want Obi to rule.
This is the woman that gave you independent and you don't want us to honour her, you are an ingrate.
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by asanausana91: 12:50pm On Sep 10, 2022
Wait o! Why is it that this news is paining ipob?
The minister said NIGERIAN FLAG not Biafra flag. So why all this rubbish.
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by asanausana91: 12:54pm On Sep 10, 2022
The same idiots that praises Peter obi Son for matching on Nigeria flag are now in pain when we decided to honour our queen.
Peter obi Son match on our flag, non of this ipob basterds condemned it but now they are trying to tell Nigeria that they love Nigeria more than the Nigerians.
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by asanausana91: 12:56pm On Sep 10, 2022
mvem:
see forget sentiments. What is the essence of this ?

the queen gave us independent. And she has been walking closely with Nigeria.
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by asanausana91: 12:59pm On Sep 10, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Who are the "we"? How can "we" be the leaders?

Has Nigeria not commiserated with the UK? Of what use is flying flags half mast for a person you say was of no value to Nigeria?

What is the correlation between "We (leaders) chose to do so" and "the UK didn't have to"?
that same flag you are talking about, who gave you that flag? If you mentioned who presented this flag to Nigeria then you will get all your answers.
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by asanausana91: 1:01pm On Sep 10, 2022
mvem:
is she our Queen. Even Ireland no send am...What's the essence of this?

Are we still under colonialism?
who give this flag to you? Mention the name
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by asanausana91: 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2022
CheapHomes1:

You didn't answer the question.

If the whole world knows her, of what value was she to Nigeria and the whole world?

Can you identify the hate you are referring to?
can you tell us who gave this same flag to Nigeria?
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by PlayerMeji: 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2022
Mr Mikael. lets educate ourselves a little.
You have raised a valid point in the relationship between Africans, French and Britain.

I was about to write a long and boring epistle on policy of association by former colonists. I think it would be better if you personally do yourself the favor by searching for ASSIMILATION by French colonists and ASSOCIATION by British colonists.

Mikael0407:

We know this. But she represented a system which subjugated us and never for once did she or any member of the royal family for that matter acknowledge that what they did was wrong. Go and look at the relationship between France and their former colonies then look at the relationship between England and theirs. You'll see that the difference is very clear. The French have tried to maintain a good relationship, England simply doesn't care. This is why seeing Nigerians and indeed other Africans rushing Helter skelter to wish Queen rip is a bit funny to me. This same people that frustrate our brothers and sisters in the UK, Who look at us as animals, who stood by while millions of Nigerians died during the civil war looking for nothing but their own gain... That's the same person Nigeria is now lowering flag at half mast for.
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by ashawopikin(m): 1:45pm On Sep 10, 2022
Why?
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by Klington: 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2022
asanausana91:
you were celebrating the death of Yaradua and Abba kyari. Why are you pretending as if you love Nigeria? The same useless country is what you people want Obi to rule.
This is the woman that gave you independent and you don't want us to honour her, you are an ingrate.

You sound very dumb.
Yar'dua remain the best candidate Nigeria ever produced. I campaigned and voted for him, just to clear your bigoted foolishness.

As for the queen, i already had Independence before they came and ruined it.
I have already extended my condolences.
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by Klington: 2:05pm On Sep 10, 2022
asanausana91:

Loyal slave tongue

Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by Klington: 2:07pm On Sep 10, 2022
asanausana91:

Loyal slave
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by CheapHomes1: 2:13pm On Sep 10, 2022
asanausana91:
that same flag you are talking about, who gave you that flag? If you mentioned who presented this flag to Nigeria then you will get all your answers.

That still leaves us with unanswered questions.

Has Nigeria not commiserated with the UK? Of what use is flying flags half mast for a person you say was of no value to Nigeria?

What is the correlation between "We (leaders) chose to do so" and "the UK didn't have to"?
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by CheapHomes1: 2:14pm On Sep 10, 2022
asanausana91:
can you tell us who gave this same flag to Nigeria?

If the whole world knows her, of what value was she to Nigeria and the whole world?

Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by asanausana91: 2:46pm On Sep 10, 2022
CheapHomes1:

answer my question then you will get your answer.
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by asanausana91: 2:49pm On Sep 10, 2022
CheapHomes1:

That still leaves us with unanswered questions.

go back and read my comment again. I don't know where you see leaders
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by asanausana91: 2:57pm On Sep 10, 2022
Klington:

You sound very dumb.
Yar'dua remain the best candidate Nigeria ever produced. I campaigned and voted for him, just to clear your bigoted foolishness.

As for the queen, i already had Independence before they came and ruined it.
I have already extended my condolences.
I don't reply fooools
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by CheapHomes1: 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2022
asanausana91:
go back and read my comment again. I don't know where you see leaders

Did you see leaders in my post before you quoted it?

Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by CheapHomes1: 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2022
asanausana91:
answer my question then you will get your answer.

What is your question? Are you saying you can't answer these questions?

Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by asanausana91: 4:24pm On Sep 10, 2022
CheapHomes1:

who gave you the flag? Is it too much to ask?
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by CheapHomes1: 4:25pm On Sep 10, 2022
asanausana91:
who gave you the flag? Is it too much to ask?

Can you show me the discussion we had where I told you that someone gave me flag?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Osun SDP Dumps Omisore, Denies Him Senatorial Ticket / Top 5 Most Expensive Schools In Portharcourt / President Buhari Breaks The Ramadan Fast Alongside Permanent Secretaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.