Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,682 members, 7,813,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday (40011 Views)

Owo Attack: Rotimi Akeredolu Directs Flying Of Flags At Half Mast For 7 Days / Alao-Akala: Seyi Makinde Mourns, Orders Flags To Fly At Half-Mast / Shonekan: FG Orders National Flag To Fly At Half-Mast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by CheapHomes1: 10:09pm On Sep 09, 2022
Asour:

The UK didn't force us to do anything here Oga.

We = Leaders means that all over the world, elected leaders 'represent' their peoples. If our leaders choose to fly half mast, it means we have done so.
Maybe not you. But we (Nigeria) through its officially elected government.

If the leaders steal money and use to train their kids abroad, does that mean "we" have done so?

Has Nigeria not commiserated with the UK? Of what use is flying flags half mast for a person you say was of no value to Nigeria?

What is the correlation between "We (leaders) chose to do so" and "the UK didn't have to"?
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by amaridigital(m): 10:11pm On Sep 09, 2022
saintjimos:
Misplaced priority

What do you people really want? The IPOB candidate even though a Catholic has been parabulatin from one Orthodox and pentecostal church to another playing the religious card AND NOW YOU PEOPLE HAVE THE GUT TO DISHONOUR THE QUEEN WHO IS THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH OF ENGLAND WHICH IS THE ANGLICAN CHURCH? Your IPOB candidate is happy with uju statement. Wonderful.
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by CheapHomes1: 10:11pm On Sep 09, 2022
Acidosis:

When Yar Adua died, the same British played a key role in exposing his death. Your so called country men wanted Yar Adua's corpse to remain in power.

We will fly our flags at half-mast and there's nothing you will do about it.

What role did Britain play in exposing yar aduas death when he died?
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 09, 2022
You dey insult their queen with full chest because you no dey there. Thereby creating issues for innocent Nigerians who are hustling either legally or illegally. If Dem start to the deport now, na there we go dey hear "racism" yet you can't respect their leader even in death... Well I hear say na about 20m people dey abroad, but UN talk say na about 1.5 m meaning if deporting start now.... Hmmm make una easy o
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by Asour: 10:12pm On Sep 09, 2022
Antyxx:

Not you and I. I would not be enslaved in the 21st century, even if my parents doesn't benefit me, I will disown them, talkless of a yeye empire that made my home land retarded and created dum*b people like you, Nah, zero respect

The British also ushered in the Industrial revolution and other inventions that have dramatically increased the quality of life, world over. I hope you don't use any of those inventions too.

Oh you use English. And don't tell me you were forced by colonialism. No. Almost no Nigerian language was made extinct by colonialism.
So we'll do you.

Cheers.
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by Asour: 10:14pm On Sep 09, 2022
CheapHomes1:

[b[b]]If[b] the leaders steal money and use to train their kids abroad, does that mean "we[/b]" [/b]have done so?[/b]

Has Nigeria not commiserated with the UK? Of what use is flying flags half mast for a person you say was of no value to Nigeria?

What is the correlation between "We (leaders) chose to do so" and "the UK didn't have to"?

Very absurd comparison. Stealing is clearly a crime.

A decision such as flying flags at half mast or not is NOT a crime. why equate both decisions?
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by kayjay69(m): 10:17pm On Sep 09, 2022
But you will see brainless cretins come on here and oppose everything you said.
sotall:
Mumu leaders.

Honouring someone who was of no benefit to Nigeria

Rather She and her ancestors played a part directly or indirectly in looting our resources and destroying our culture.

Till now our cultural artifacts are still in British museums and the money generated from their display was what was used to maintain this thieving monarchy.

May her soul rest in pieces.
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by CheapHomes1: 10:17pm On Sep 09, 2022
Asour:

Very absurd comparison. Stealing is clearly a crime.

A decision such as flying flags at half mast or not is NOT a crime. why equate both decisions?

You said..."if our leaders choose to fly half mast, it means we have done so."

Going by your theory, If the leaders steal money and use to train their kids abroad, does that mean "we" have done so?

Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by Mrtaye: 10:18pm On Sep 09, 2022
CheapHomes1:

You still haven't answered the question. When Yar Adua died, what did the British do?

Of what value was the queen to Nigeria?
Your question is quite dumb and probably you don't know anything about international relations and diplomacy
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by CheapHomes1: 10:19pm On Sep 09, 2022
Mrtaye:

Your question is quite dumb and probably you don't know anything about international relations and diplomacy

For someone who isn't dumb and who knows International relations and diplomacy, it's amazing that you can't answer very simple questions.

When Yar Adua died, what did the British do?

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by Asour: 10:22pm On Sep 09, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Going by your theory, If the leaders steal money and use to train their kids abroad, does that mean "we" have done so?

WITHIN the ambits of what's not illegal, our leaders make decisions (wrong or right for us) that's how democracy works.

Our leaders can't decide to steal because that's ILLEGAL.

P.S. You disagreement should be at our leaders NOT the UK who aren't forcing us here.
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by Rexymania(m): 10:24pm On Sep 09, 2022
Abi, na that one dey important pass na
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by meobizy(f): 10:24pm On Sep 09, 2022
A country full of slaves. Emancipate yourselves, una no go hear.
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by CheapHomes1: 10:25pm On Sep 09, 2022
Asour:

WITHIN the ambits of what's not illegal, our leaders make decisions (wrong or right for us) that's how democracy works.

Our leaders can't decide to steal because that's ILLEGAL.

P.S. You disagreement should be at our leaders NOT the UK who aren't forcing us here.

"Our leaders can't decide to steal because that's ILLEGAL"? Where did you get that?

Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by Asour: 10:25pm On Sep 09, 2022
Antyxx:

Not you and I. I would not be enslaved in the 21st century, even if my parents doesn't benefit me, I will disown them, talkless of a yeye empire that made my home land retarded and created dum*b people like you, Nah, zero respect

If you live in Lagos, the government decided to ban Okada (commercial motorcycles) in almost all urban LGAs. I disagree with that decision but can I challenge him? No. Sad but that's how things are.
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by Asour: 10:29pm On Sep 09, 2022
CheapHomes1:

"Our leaders can't decide to steal because that's ILLEGAL"? Where did you get that?

The criminal code.
https://jurist.ng/criminal_code_act/sec-390#:~:text=Act%20in%20Nigeria.-,Punishment%20of%20stealing,to%20imprisonment%20for%20three%20years.

The UK didn't for e us to fly half.

Cheers.
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by phemmyfour: 10:29pm On Sep 09, 2022
kingamaa:
Sebi we don get independence

Wetin concern Nigeria concern England

Let the English mourn their queen in peace

When Alafin die they fly flag at half mast abi they do am when Abacha die

This is just not right
Mentally, we still dey under British rule

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by Mrtaye: 10:30pm On Sep 09, 2022
CheapHomes1:

For someone who isn't dumb and who knows International relations and diplomacy, it's amazing that you can't answer very simple questions.

That's what I am still saying
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by Exceed15: 10:30pm On Sep 09, 2022
Hypocrite
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by CheapHomes1: 10:30pm On Sep 09, 2022
Asour:

The criminal code.
https://jurist.ng/criminal_code_act/sec-390#:~:text=Act%20in%20Nigeria.-,Punishment%20of%20stealing,to%20imprisonment%20for%20three%20years.

The UK didn't for e us to fly half.

Cheers.

So our leaders in Nigeria don't steal because it is illegal? So why do they steal?

Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by CheapHomes1: 10:31pm On Sep 09, 2022
Mrtaye:

That's what I am still saying

Exactly....

Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by Murphyenemuwe: 10:34pm On Sep 09, 2022
You chose to dwell on the bad effect of colonialism,they chose to dwell on the positive effect of colonialism. You both made your choices and you degrading them for their choice is the real definition for iberiberism
Akwamkpuruamu:
Iberiberism!

When Yar Adua died, what did the British do? Asslicking at its best
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by ukaface(f): 10:36pm On Sep 09, 2022
Stupid senseless country

I must make this heaven just to ask God,wetin I do am to bring me come this yeye barbaric country.
He no see Switzerland or Madagascar or Egypt Na Nigeria...
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by Chopcy29: 10:39pm On Sep 09, 2022
okorometa:
cool painful death see Nairamarley and Portable Reaction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLVzionRSdE

Wahala for person wey no sabi sing
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by Geenosko: 10:49pm On Sep 09, 2022
Rubbish
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by Antyxx: 10:50pm On Sep 09, 2022
Asour:

If you live in Lagos, the government decided to ban Okada (commercial motorcycles) in almost all urban LGAs. I disagree with that decision but can I challenge him? No. Sad but that's how things are.
Well, im in support of Okada banning,and allso against the government for not making lagos road wide enough and if Nigeria was good, lagos population wont be that alarming

Regardless, I am fearless and would never keep quiet in times of injustice or if im angry at a system
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by masseratti: 10:55pm On Sep 09, 2022
she was our former head of state from 1960 to 1963,so its normal for our flag to be flown at half mast to honour her demise, may her soul rest on peace.
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by Antyxx: 11:00pm On Sep 09, 2022
Asour:

The British also ushered in the Industrial revolution and other inventions that have dramatically increased the quality of life, world over. I hope you don't use any of those inventions too.

Oh you use English. And don't tell me you were forced by colonialism. No. Almost no Nigerian language was made extinct by colonialism.
So we'll do you.

Cheers.
I'm very sure that your lineage is one of the reasons why some slaves worshipsa their master, because im sure your fore fathers that were slaves would be happy,i mean being enslaved would be their greatest achievement,so i understand where you are coming from

Nevertheless, one reasons why they came to Africa is due to our technology. And civilization/invention started in Africa way before the slave trade. We have our different ways of doing things, you need to learn history at least, maybe that would help edit your eenslaved brain
We were sufficient before the white meen came, they had where they were better than us and we have where we are better than them. Thats why they stole many of our artifacts, that is still present in their museums till today. If they were better thaan us in all ramifications,they wouldn't need to steal our Artistries, and also wouldn't even need to enslavee us
Well,i will stop here,its a disgrace you think you will be better off as a slave
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by kingamaa(m): 11:00pm On Sep 09, 2022
phemmyfour:
Mentally, we still dey under British rule
My guy no be only mentally physically, spiritually. Infact in every way imaginable
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by masseratti: 11:02pm On Sep 09, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Exactly....

how does Yar adua death concern the British government or the late Queen, cos am confused. Yar adua was never the head of State or Governor for the United Kingdom, but Nigeria, Queen Elizabeth II was our Nigerian head of state till 1960 when we got independence from UK our flag has to be half flown because she was equivalent to a former president, you guys should just disgracing yourself online, go and read on governance.
Re: Queen Elizabeth II: Nigeria To Fly Flags At Half-mast On Sunday & Monday by slam7000(m): 11:02pm On Sep 09, 2022
igbotormentor:
There is no flag in Igbo land, the ekpa guy asked them to burn it

You need to stop this mister. Your posts are worse than prof Anya’s. You are spreading hate and mischief using the anonymity of Nairaland.

What you are doing is vile and should be condemned by Seun, mods of Nairaland and all right thinking people.

Stop this bigotry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari / No Apologies, Tinubu Has Character Required For Nigeria — Wike / Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.