Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,271 members, 7,829,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice (41682 Views)

Obafunto Babalola, Missing UNILAG Student In Lagos - Family Cries Out / Jacob Blake: Kenosha Police Shoot Unarmed Black Man 7 Times / George Floyd: Minnesota Police Officers Fired After Death Of Unarmed Black Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by adelana632: 6:51am On Sep 11, 2022
UK police don't normally carry guns.Those that do are only called on special occassions.So the so-called investigation will turn up nothing.UK police don't normally carry guns.Those that do are only called on special occassions.So the so-called investigation will turn up nothing....
Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by SmartyPants(m): 7:14am On Sep 11, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Look how they made the whole thing about black..the usual victim card..why do blacks always think everyone hates or is after their life..? undecided

Look at his offence and why he got shot(which is very wrong of not self defence)..are we also gonna skip the fact that his vehicle was linked to firearm? vehicle not registered..why the f**k was he running from the cops?you had no weapon and you took them on a pursuit?..of course he had none on him..
So we have to wait till they conclude their investigation before we jump into emotional conclusion.. undecided

You're just ignorant and silly.

In the UK, unlike the US, cops don't carry guns as a matter of routine.

Thus, cop shootings are rare. This following the UK's philosophy of permissive policing, that positions the police as servants of the community.

Now, a man committed a crime, you chasednhim, and caught him.

Why was he shot instead of being arrested?

The racism angle comes in here: when has a white person being chased amd arrested ever been shot?

So like i said, you are uninformed on the issues. Be quiet.

5 Likes

Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:18am On Sep 11, 2022
SmartyPants:

You're just ignorant and silly.

In the UK, unlike the US, cops don't carry guns as a matter of routine.

Thus, cop shootings are rare. This following the UK's philosophy of permissive policing, that positions the police as servants of the community.

Now, a man committed a crime, you chasednhim, and caught him.

Why was he shot instead of being arrested?

The racism angle comes in here: when has a white person being chased amd arrested ever been shot?

So like i said, you are uninformed on the issues. Be quiet.
You didn't read where I condemned the shooting or you just felt like foaming in the mouth like a black kid?
Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by lezz(m): 7:25am On Sep 11, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Look how they made the whole thing about black..the usual victim card..why do blacks always think everyone hates or is after their life..? undecided

Look at his offence and why he got shot(which is very wrong of not self defence)..are we also gonna skip the fact that his vehicle was linked to firearm? vehicle not registered..why the f**k was he running from the cops?you had no weapon and you took them on a pursuit?..of course he had none on him..
So we have to wait till they conclude their investigation before we jump into emotional conclusion.. undecided
in Nairaland those who rush to comment first usually leave their senses behind!

First, the car wasn't unregistered. It simply wasn't registered to him!

Second what offense did the article say Mr Chris Kaba committed again? I didn't read one.

3. Since when does running from the police amount to shooting especially when there's no danger to life involving the police?

Please go back and edit your silly, attention-jostling post.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:26am On Sep 11, 2022
lezz:

Second what offense did the article say Mr Chris Kaba committed again? I didn't read one.

3. Since when does running from the police amount to shooting especially when there's no danger to life involving the police?

Please go back and edit your silly, attention-jostling posts.
He got shot... what are you gonna do about it?wail like a blacko and cry racism or wait for them to conclude their investigation?
Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by Freelance363: 7:29am On Sep 11, 2022
it doesn't matter whether he ran from the cop or not.Or is running now a death sentence? If he were white,would he be shot? Definitely not.
Whatever the case,he was shot because of his colour,simple. For anyone saying blacks pulls the racist card as a defence,that's balderdash!
Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by lezz(m): 7:35am On Sep 11, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

He got shot... what are you gonna do about it?wail like a blacko and cry racism or wait for them to conclude their investigation?
stop avoiding the question. there's a prima facie case of excessive force but I love how you never answered the questions I raised because you never typed with your brains.
Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by lagosapple: 7:59am On Sep 11, 2022
I am sure you live with me in this shithole country. That is why you cannot understand. We should be calming down about things we are ignorant of. Sogbo?
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by Espelbengz(m): 8:00am On Sep 11, 2022
This is another form of terrorism in disguise, this white folks(my guess it's a white cop) getting light sentences that's why they continue killing black folks indiscriminately! May his soul find rest with the Maker Amen�
Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:02am On Sep 11, 2022
lagosapple:
I am sure you live with me in this shithole country. That is why you cannot understand. We should be calming down about things we are ignorant of. Sogbo?
I guess you understand more than those investigating the issue..
Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by MULANO: 8:05am On Sep 11, 2022
I SELL VIRGIN WHITE/ SILVER AND RED MERCURY CONTACT ME ON: 08109441889, CALL/ WHATSAPP ME THANKS..
Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by SmartyPants(m): 8:26am On Sep 11, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

You didn't read where I condemned the shooting or you just felt like foaming in the mouth like a black kid?

Are you resistant to knowledge?

I am showing you why the racial connotation is relevant!

This shooting is highly irregular because:

1. UK police hardly shoot even armed criminals.

2. This man was unarmed and trapped. There was absolutely no reason to shoot him.

That leads us to conclude that the decision to shoot him was irrational.

Then we'd have to ask, what made the officer act irrationally?

Was he intoxicated? Was he mad? Was he a poorly trained? Was he prejudiced?

Which of those seems most likely to you?

Your brain is not a decoration please.
Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:27am On Sep 11, 2022
SmartyPants:

Are you resistant to knowledge?

I am showing you why the racial connotation is relevant!

This shooting is highly irregular because:

1. UK pokice hardly shoot even armed criminals.

2. This man was unarmed and trapped. There was absolutely no reason to shoot him.

That leads us to conclude that the decision to shoot uim was irrational.

Then we'd have to ask, what made the officer act irrationally?

Was he intoxicated? Was he mad? Was he a poorly trained? Was he prejudiced?

Which of those seems most likely to you?

Your brain is not a decoration.
And did you miss where I condemned the shooting?
Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by vicdonis: 8:36am On Sep 11, 2022
All of you saying using the Racial card always, if he was White, would they have shot?
Why shot a Black and arrest a White for same crime.

Antecedent has always been against the black race, both commit same crime but you arrest one and shot or kill the other.

Justice and Fairness
Whatever is bad for the gooze, is bad for the gander
Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by emorse(m): 9:35am On Sep 11, 2022
Kingpele:
RIP young blood..I think this forum need total cleansing, alot of ignoramus are just everywhere..do u people who are criticising the victim family understand the rule of engagement between armed officers and criminals? it is only when it's established that the victim has a firearm and refuse to throw it away with intention of using it against the officers he could be shot to preserve the lives of police officers..remember before he could even be shot ,he most be warned seriously to let go of his firearm..but in this case he posed no threat to officers and he was shot dead,there's no way this could have happened to a white man..so u guys defending this nonsense is a slave of the western world .continue to worship them until it becomes your turn to be shot and no one will call for justice on your behalf...
I swear bro. This forum has been taken over by dimwits. They only do follow follow. Once they first few crack skulls lay a pattern in the first few comments, the others just follow like the dingbats that they are. The thing dey tire me I swear.
Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by emorse(m): 9:39am On Sep 11, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

And did you miss where I condemned the shooting?
You did condemn the shooting but is there a way you can unlink it from his race? Would he have been shot at if he was white?

I know Africans hate to take responsibility for their actions but this story is not an example of such a time.
Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by BigBashiru: 10:31am On Sep 11, 2022
lezz:

Please go back and edit your silly, attention-jostling post.

The racism in the uk is subtle....i dislike those ppl....plus they feel as if they are God on earth whereas in actual fact they are actually genocidal savages....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by BigBashiru: 10:32am On Sep 11, 2022
emorse:

You did condemn the shooting but is there a way you can unlink it from his race? Would he have been shot at if he was white?

I know Africans hate to take responsibility for their actions but this story is not an example of such a time.

Well said!! But your statement should read: i know "many Africans" because there are many others that love to take responsibility for their actions....
Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by Streetmovement(m): 10:35am On Sep 11, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Of course they always wail.. grin

Wotoporiously cool speaking

Gbagbe aṣa dudu ni apapọ ati ipo ero wọn ni bayi, Ronu nipa ẹbi rẹ, Ronu nipa igbesi aye rẹ ki o fi ararẹ si ipo wọn ni bayi..

Don't bother to ask me what I wrote up there, Incase you don't understand Yoruba ask anyone around you who's Yoruba...
Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by BigBashiru: 10:35am On Sep 11, 2022
vicdonis:
All of you saying using the Racial card always, if he was White, would they have shot?
Why shot a Black and arrest a White for same crime.

Antecedent has always been against the black race, both commit same crime but you arrest one and shot or kill the other.

Justice and Fairness
Whatever is bad for the gooze, is bad for the gander

Because blacks are superior so they launched psychological warfare in order to make you feel less about yourself.....
Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by Wuppdex: 10:51am On Sep 11, 2022
Dat one go be police brutality

inoki247:
What if the shooter wey be Cop na Black wetin dem go talk...
Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by lezz(m): 10:53am On Sep 11, 2022
BigBashiru:

The racism in the uk is subtle....i dislike those ppl....plus they feel as if they are God on earth whereas in actual fact they are actually genocidal savages....
very subtle but dangerous racism takes place in the UK.

Only in the UK will you be told that there's a difference between being an Englishman and an English citizen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by gassbee: 10:58am On Sep 11, 2022
sleek82:
is that enough reason to shoot him? Are the police not trained? Did you miss the part they said he was UNHARMED?
it is not a strange thing for american cops to shoot an unarmed civilian. So y would d unharmed guy unnecessarily risks his life for nothing by allowing d cops to give him a chase.
He ought to av an idea of how it wil end.
Nothing wil happen to the cops so y putting ur life at risk
Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by Lannister360: 11:25am On Sep 11, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

That guy doesn't support Buhari or Atiku or Tinubu. And if he does, please show evidence. He's simply being pragmatic here, this man was in a police chase and was also in possession of a car linked to a firearms incident. Did you skip that part entirely?
I don't have the time to scroll through some lunatic's post to dig out evil comments and show you as proof, if you want the evidence go find it yourself.
Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by Quaddafi29: 12:45pm On Sep 11, 2022
Met police over there
Ebubeagu over here
Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by Originalsly: 2:36pm On Sep 11, 2022
There are racists Police ... who are the ones that usually shoot innocent Blacks ... and such incidents lead to protests and call for justice. But also Police shoot Blacks and the victim is buried quietly... no protests ... no racial accusations leveled at the Police ... no calls for investigation.
In this case the Police may have overstepped the rules of engagement... but all I can see happening if he did ... is for him to get some stern warning or a very light disciplinary action. The family is misusing the race card to cover up the victim's actions. Why would anyone try to be in a car chase with Police... in the UK? Shouldn't he be trying to find out why he was pulled over? He knew what he was involved in ... and what could be the consequences. The family should stop embarrassing themselves and Blacks.
Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by LienwaltAbel(m): 2:44pm On Sep 11, 2022
Lannister360:

I don't have the time to scroll through some lunatic's post to dig out evil comments and show you as proof, if you want the evidence go find it yourself.
You made the claim, you prove it.
Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by LienwaltAbel(m): 2:46pm On Sep 11, 2022
BigBashiru:

Because blacks are superior so they launched psychological warfare in order to make you feel less about yourself.....
Wetin we go call this one now? Black supremacist? grin Oga, you're a fucking racist.

1 Like

Re: Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice by Osanoghodua1: 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2022
The black always playing the victim game. What's his offence?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) / X-Boys Brutalize FUTO Student Wrongly Accused Of Stealing (Photos) / Brave Victim Kills Bank Robber Who Tried To Rob Him Of N900,000 In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.