Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,684 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) (43778 Views)

Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (Tsaigumi) - The First Locally Made In Nigerian Drone / Man From Gombe & His Locally Made Vehicle Cause A Scene / Deaf Man Builds Locally Made Tipper Truck In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by RichAbujaGuy: 10:30am On Sep 18, 2022
I give our local engineer credit for his efforts but the camera person is an abject failure. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by tishbite42: 10:31am On Sep 18, 2022
caye:

Ẹkáàbọ̀.
Negropeans.

Dem sabi the English pass the Englanders.

And they know nothing about their own culture.

Go and research on how the airplanes were being developed in 1910-1920s.
It was trial and error.

While acknowledging the risk involved taken by the man, the real deal is ENCOURAGEMENT not pull-him-down!

Don't worry, shebi you are importing even Ankara fabrics which you used to produce before in the 50s- 70s, from China presently...in next 25 years , your descendants might be clueless about how to make ordinary brooms.

Keep on discouraging the trying man.
E Pele o.
Sorry....you hear.
God bless you
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by Jakumo(m): 10:37am On Sep 18, 2022
RichAbujaGuy:
I give our local engineer credit for his efforts but the camera person is an abject failure. cheesy

The camera man was doing ok until the helicopter reared up on its hind legs like a wild stallion, at which point the cameraman decided to leap for cover so a not to fall victim to a flying blade fragment in the event that the failed liftoff became a crash.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by LillyandDaisy: 10:40am On Sep 18, 2022
He just want to commit suicide!
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by tishbite42: 10:51am On Sep 18, 2022
franchasofficia:
This is where Nigerian Airforce engineering department ought to step in.

The rotor design should be modified. The man is super talented to have gotten to this stage.

You could see clearly that the stuff made attempt to lift but due to poor design of the rotor and blades, it couldn't lift the body to begin a fly.

We shouldn't be mocking him but rather calling out Nigerian Airforce and Nigerian university and polytechnic engineering departments to join force with this man to ensure this object flies and then begin local modifications to produce first Nigeria's indigenous helicopter.

He is an Igbo man and I am sure other Nigerian tribes in power would never want this actualized just to spite Igbos, and a reason Nigeria need total restructuring or complete division
True talk
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by Jalaw: 10:56am On Sep 18, 2022
Very old video, not even in Nigeria.
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by moralex(m): 10:57am On Sep 18, 2022
SeaTrade:
Complicated machine.
make the guy no kill himself sha, that's my prayer.
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by stanisbaratheon: 11:09am On Sep 18, 2022
He shouldn't be testing that machine in a populated area. That man should be arrested ASAP
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by blueAgent(m): 11:10am On Sep 18, 2022
Realmi:
Atleast he tried to invent something

He tried to copy not invent.
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:11am On Sep 18, 2022
Na God save am. grin
That blade go just cut im head comot. Here's my verdict. There's a serious weight inbalance which means the copper won't fly and even if it did, it will simply crash but thank God it didn't fly.
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by bewla(m): 11:17am On Sep 18, 2022
Totilopussylick:
He would have crash-land like tinubu is about to tongue
Now we no why hospitals are on high alert for b p check
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by DJInfluence: 11:22am On Sep 18, 2022
First this is unnecessary risk, especially to the person filming and any other person around. Why not do the fly test on an open field?
Looks to me like the tail is heavier than the rest, hence it keeps tilting backward .

1 Like

Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by ProfIjigah: 11:27am On Sep 18, 2022
Get that guy into school pls.

The risk he took was higher than his innovation.
This can be seen as an attempted murder.

All the while he was trying to fly, my eyes were on the rolling blades above his head.

This was dangerous.
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by JuanDeDios: 11:43am On Sep 18, 2022
chatinent:

If they was a reasonable govt, this man could come in handy in airspace engineering.
Really
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by Beosten(m): 11:46am On Sep 18, 2022
ThrustReverser:
I'm sure the cross-section of that his rotor is not even shaped as an airfoil not to talk of being inclined at an angle of attack. How do you expect the 'ox' standing fan blade to generate lift undecided
Someone should give him Rajput's fluid mech. text cry

Fluids Mechanics, the nightmare of engineering students. Lautech that year
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by wildkat: 12:04pm On Sep 18, 2022
Dapson73:

Says an empty brain . Instead to encourage the guy,he's here making politics of every issue.

Spits on all Obituarists.

U ended up sounding like him in your last statement. Spit on u too
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 18, 2022
BeanmanX:
U are nothing but just a liability,,,my parents that u are talking about can feed your whole lineages.
Haha

I pity you and your frustrated parents... bastard family
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by BeanmanX(m): 12:23pm On Sep 18, 2022
Jennifer663:

Haha

I jennifer663 pity my frustrated parents... bastard family
You must be going through alot,,,I blame the poverty that have eaten the deepest part of u and ur family.. cheesy

Perhaps,,the crumbs u are making from writing can't feed u and ur family---i will advice you to go back into prostitution,, atleast that will sustain you since that's what you are only good at... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by Enumerator(m): 12:25pm On Sep 18, 2022
cheesy
Totilopussylick:
He would have crash-land like tinubu is about to tongue
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by WorkSmartEdu: 12:28pm On Sep 18, 2022
[b] Fantastic first trial and very commendable. Congratulations engineer. I see you!

From my little experience however, there are a few issues with the build.

1. That helicopter is not balanced on the center of gravity. He should do the thorough load and weight assessment and use calculation to find the appropriate center of gravity. That should be where the blade for lifting should be sighted. If the helicopter was lighter and he could lift it, he can use lifting to find the center of gravity. Lack of proper center of gravity makes the helicopter tilt forward or backwards when lifting. This will crash the machine!

2. His control stick has to be adjusted in sensitivity. Infact he needs a digital control system which will give little current when needed. He will honestly need funds to buy a proper digital shift stick system. Constructing naija way will make it too sensitive and cause the rush in lift power or descent which will crash the machine.

3. I hope he has figured out how to land that machine without crashing it. Because the first step is to come down not go up. And he must wear a full complete safety gear with helmet to avoid stories[/b]
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 18, 2022
BeanmanX:
I must be going through alot,,,I blame the poverty that have eaten the deepest part of me and my family.. cheesy
And for the fact that people like you don't last long,you should use your remaining last wasted life to be useful before you die like how your mum died ..
Outcast.
Perhaps,,the crumbs I am making from being a nuisance can't feed me and my family---i will advice you to go back into killing yourself,, atleast that will sustain you since that's what you are only good at... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Don't be too hard on yourself bastard
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by ComeToJesus: 12:48pm On Sep 18, 2022
chatinent:

If they was a reasonable govt, this man could come in handy in airspace engineering.

Doesn't work like that. Airspace engineering has zero tolerance for quackery.
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by BeanmanX(m): 12:53pm On Sep 18, 2022
Jennifer663:

I won't be too hard on myself.. from Jennifer663 the bastard and liability..
Obamamessi,,,Messi1,,,Chaos14

Come and put this f*cking liability in her place... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by frozen70(f): 12:55pm On Sep 18, 2022
Latestreport1:
Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPi_qqZy8zU

Nigerians react to a recent video shared online captioning the moment a Man trying to fly a locally made helicopter

Thankfully it didn't take off because this would have been disastrous. I am not saying he didn't try, but he should have added safety mechanisms to protect his life. Imagine if that thing had taken off, how will he land it?

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CimpEyxuX0q/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

They will just take basket and packer to pack his remains

What a risk
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by 99thEnemy(m): 12:56pm On Sep 18, 2022
Jennifer663:
This is what they're good at!!! undecided
Can you help me with a research on Solid state electronics using base transistors in digital memory storage?
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 18, 2022
99thEnemy:

Can you help me with a research on Solid state electronics using base transistors in digital memory storage?
Yes
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by 99thEnemy(m): 1:00pm On Sep 18, 2022
Jennifer663:

Yes
Did you master in Electronics Engineering?
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by BeanmanX(m): 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2022
99thEnemy:

Don't give dat Jennifer663 any research job,,,that girl can't do sh*t...
there are people here that can do the job for you perfectly,,, contact chatinet here,,the guy is very good.
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by brandsoncharlie: 1:05pm On Sep 18, 2022
jaxxy:
if this was in the 13 century I would call him a genius bt in the 21 century i will call him a big fool.
Can any of your professors in Nigeria university create anything?
Go to YouTube and see a mechanical engineering German professor creating an airstrip helicopter used for watering large hectares of farm land full of crops. He design it and did everything from scratch, he even fly the helicopter by himself.
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by brandsoncharlie: 1:12pm On Sep 18, 2022
ComeToJesus:

Doesn't work like that. Airspace engineering has zero tolerance for quackery.
What about the Nigeria guy that has been employed by that Finland company that made drones from scratch using locally made materials.
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 18, 2022
BeanmanX:
Don't give dat Jennifer663 any research job,,,that girl can't do sh*t...
there are people here that can do the job for you perfectly,,, contact chatinet here,,the guy is very good.
What's wrong with you?
And did you know who is the chatinet you are talking about.
Learn to mind your business
Re: Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 18, 2022
99thEnemy:

Did you master in Electronics Engineering?
I do
You can contact me for further details

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space / The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night / Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.